PDA

View Full Version : Woohoo! Lets hear it for Unity Beta!

Larsenex
March 17th, 2020, 22:34
Hey, i am just excited here at work. Just bought my FGU license and looking forward to installing it when I get home. Coincidentally, all 5 of us in our Pathfinder game happen to all be off Thurs and Friday due to virus hype. So some extra gaming coming up!

Dr0W
March 18th, 2020, 03:34
Welcome aboard! Right now one of the main (and possibly only) concern you need to have is rolling attacks from the NPC window, instead of dragging it directly from the CT.

Almost same here, except I use FG to run my face to face games, but since everything is on FG switching for online play for a few weeks is just a matter of having my players online. :D

ronaldsf
March 18th, 2020, 07:32
New to FG and I just got the Ultimate license and PF2 package.
I see there's new nifty Unity Beta...
Why would I switch to Unity? What are the pros and cons? Does it carry over my Core Rulebook, Age of Ashes, characters, etc.?
If I switch, can I cancel my Ultimate license and get the FGU license instead?

tuesdaynightgm
March 19th, 2020, 00:14
Welcome aboard! Right now one of the main (and possibly only) concern you need to have is rolling attacks from the NPC window, instead of dragging it directly from the CT.

Almost same here, except I use FG to run my face to face games, but since everything is on FG switching for online play for a few weeks is just a matter of having my players online. :D

Do you have to roll from the combat tracker or the NPC sheet I'm unity?

Dr0W
March 19th, 2020, 09:47
Do you have to roll from the combat tracker or the NPC sheet I'm unity?

Sorry for being unclear. Right now you need to open from the npc sheet, because it's not working properly from the CT.

New to FG and I just got the Ultimate license and PF2 package.
I see there's new nifty Unity Beta...
Why would I switch to Unity? What are the pros and cons? Does it carry over my Core Rulebook, Age of Ashes, characters, etc.?
If I switch, can I cancel my Ultimate license and get the FGU license instead?

Many pros, and the only con right now is that it's still beta and there are still a few bugs to be tackled. You should look for the unity kickstarter page for all its features. Yes, your purchased content carry over. Since you just got ultimate, they are really nice guys and probably would let you pay the difference to get unity instead, however I'd still argue that you should keep the classic version and instead guy a upgrade to Unity, you will end up paying very few bucks more but you will own both versions. Why would you want that? Right now because fgu is unfinished, some of my players old computers can't handle the unity version well, but I think in a year or two the classic version will become obsolete.

ronaldsf
March 19th, 2020, 10:31
Sorry for being unclear. Right now you need to open from the npc sheet, because it's not working properly from the CT.

Many pros, and the only con right now is that it's still beta and there are still a few bugs to be tackled. You should look for the unity kickstarter page for all its features. Yes, your purchased content carry over. Since you just got ultimate, they are really nice guys and probably would let you pay the difference to get unity instead, however I'd still argue that you should keep the classic version and instead guy a upgrade to Unity, you will end up paying very few bucks more but you will own both versions. Why would you want that? Right now because fgu is unfinished, some of my players old computers can't handle the unity version well, but I think in a year or two the classic version will become obsolete.

I checked out the KS! Thanks