PDA

View Full Version : Secured my Ultimate Unity License. Is there a list of steps on how to install?

Larsenex
March 17th, 2020, 22:09
Greeting FG folks.
I am at work realizing that with this virus issue my office is likely to be closed coming up. The good news? Fantasy Grounds unity is now available in Beta and I got my license!

Is there a forum post on what steps on where to install? I ask because is it ok to install on the same drive as FGC? Will an SSD be better for performance or can I put on a platter drive (got way more room there)?

Thanks for the release > Congrats!

Moon Wizard
March 17th, 2020, 22:37
You can install on the same drive; the two programs use different default app/data locations. The main thing is that you do not want to install to the "same" directories; or you will have problems. Best to use the defaults.

The default install location for FGU on Windows is C:\Program Files\SmiteWorks\Fantasy Grounds\.
The default data location for FGU on Windows is C:\Users\<UserName>\AppData\Roaming\SmiteWorks\Fantasy Grounds\

SSD does offer better loading performance; but if you're okay with a several extra seconds loading, the platter should be fine.

Regards,
JPG

Trenloe
March 17th, 2020, 22:46
Info on installing in the new Unity Wiki - linked under the help menu at the top of the page.

Larsenex
March 18th, 2020, 00:22
Trenloe,

>>>SWEET!!! I visit this forum every day. I lurk and post and try to support you guys and offer any helpful advice I can to new folks. I never ever noticed that menu! Thanks for pointing it out!