PDA

View Full Version : One time buy versus subscription.

Fear Grounds
March 17th, 2020, 19:29
So I get the monthly subscription part, no problem. The one time buy thing seems a bit misleading though. Can anyone please clarify my faulty logic?

In the FAQ it states that there is a recurring payment for the one time purchase. Wouldn't that make it a yearly subscription?

I'm just wanting to clarify, am I just buying access for a year, or permanently?

Bonkon
March 17th, 2020, 19:37
Good Day Fear Grounds and Welcome :)
The One Time Subscription is just that, pay once and done. I have had mine a couple years now and never had any recurring charges.

"A license is a 1-time purchase that costs more up front but will be the cheapest for you if you plan on using the software for many years. Buyers of FGC licenses have been able to get upgrades to FGC for years and years without having to pay for an upgrade, until now. Moving to FGU from FGC will require an upgrade cost. You will repurchase the software, but you will get a discount on the purchase. FGC has been around since 2004. FGU is the first upgrade that SmiteWorks has ever charged for and there won't be another upgrade charge for many, many years in the future."

The only thing I see that would require an additional payment is the upgrade from Fantasy Grounds Classic to the new version Fantasy Grounds Unity, but again that would be a one time charge for the license.

Fear Grounds
March 17th, 2020, 19:42
Thank you very much for your reply. I just couldn't see why it was listed as one time, and would have recurrent billing. This answers my question and solves my dilemma.

Zacchaeus
March 17th, 2020, 19:42
So I get the monthly subscription part, no problem. The one time buy thing seems a bit misleading though. Can anyone please clarify my faulty logic?

In the FAQ it states that there is a recurring payment for the one time purchase. Wouldn't that make it a yearly subscription?

I'm just wanting to clarify, am I just buying access for a year, or permanently?

Welcome to FG

Can you highlight the part of the FAQ that says there is a recurring fee for a one time purchase?

Bonkon
March 17th, 2020, 19:44
Thank you very much for your reply. I just couldn't see why it was listed as one time, and would have recurrent billing. This answers my question and solves my dilemma.

Good Day Fear Grounds :)
You are most welcome :) Perhaps the confusion lies in that they are covering both types of payments in the same answer, the Subscription and the License? :)
Either way I am glad we got it cleared up :)

Fear Grounds
March 17th, 2020, 19:50
Here it is.

Bonkon
March 17th, 2020, 19:54
Here it is.

Good Day Fear Grounds :)
Ahhh, that is if you have a Subscription and upgrade to the One Time Pay License, if you do not cancel the Subscription they will still charge you for that. Basically the upgrade does not automatically cancel the the pay as you go subscription. :)

Fear Grounds
March 17th, 2020, 19:56
Aha. I knew there was a good solution to my stupidity. :D LOL

Again, Thank You, to everyone for the clarification.

vegaserik
March 17th, 2020, 22:55
Aha. I knew there was a good solution to my stupidity. :D LOL

Again, Thank You, to everyone for the clarification.

It's always better to ask, people are usually quite helpful here :)