PDA

View Full Version : Failure to connect

JBest
March 17th, 2020, 19:02
The test connection fails. I've followed the suggested fixes I've come across to the best of my ability. I'm certainly no expert, so I'm hoping that I've missed something. I have already contacted my internet provider to help set up static IP and check my port forward. I'd love to use this platform but I'm losing hope, Please Help.
1. -Edited to delete
2. 209.50
3. Wireless (fiber)
4. Set to Private
5. Window's Defender - Yes I have set up exceptions.
6. Results of my tracert 8.8.8.8 command
-Edited to delete.
Trace complete.

7. I have set up port forwarding to 1802 through my router. I have a static WAN IP and a reservation on my devices IP.

Zacchaeus
March 17th, 2020, 19:17
Welcome to FG

As regards question 2 are those octets the same as shown in Fantasy Grounds and on your router?

With Windows defender make doubly sure that it doesn't have multiple rules. If it does delete all of them and set up a new fresh one.

Screenshots of you port forward rule might also help us.

JBest
March 17th, 2020, 19:24
I will go double check my firewall. Here is my port forwarding screenshot

JBest
March 17th, 2020, 19:28
I've got an inbound rule and an outbound rule set. Do I need to delete one of these?

JBest
March 17th, 2020, 19:30
Sorry I missed your first question. Yes they are the same.

Zacchaeus
March 17th, 2020, 20:14
I've got an inbound rule and an outbound rule set. Do I need to delete one of these?

You only need an inbound rule as far as I know. Your rule looks ok I think.

If you go to canyouseeme.org (with FG running as if waiting for players to connect) does it see port 1802 as open?

JBest
March 17th, 2020, 20:28
I got rid of both rules and then just made a new inbound rule. canyouseeme did not see me, however, I do finally have a success message on the connection test. I'll have a player try to connect to me later tonight. Hopefully I'm all set. Thanks for your help.

Zacchaeus
March 17th, 2020, 20:44
I got rid of both rules and then just made a new inbound rule. canyouseeme did not see me, however, I do finally have a success message on the connection test. I'll have a player try to connect to me later tonight. Hopefully I'm all set. Thanks for your help.

Jolly Good.