PDA

View Full Version : Modules and FGC/FGU

yfstafford
March 17th, 2020, 18:53
How does access to modules work for FGC and FGU? As I understand it, access to purchased FGC content will transfer over to FGU - will there ever be a differentiation? Once FGU leaves Early Access, will modules need to be purchased separately for FGC and FGU or will a single purchase suffice? I'd like to both have an FGC license and upgrade to FGU but would balk at having to pay twice to access on both platforms.

Trenloe
March 17th, 2020, 18:55
Welcome to the FG forums.

You will only have to purchase modules/DLC once.

It is only the base FG license that doesn't transfer between FGC <-> FGU.

yfstafford
March 17th, 2020, 19:31
Welcome to the FG forums.

You will only have to purchase modules/DLC once.

It is only the base FG license that doesn't transfer between FGC <-> FGU.

Thanks for the info. Is it also possible to have multiple FGC licenses on a single account? With the current FGC sale, I'm interested in getting a second license for my desktop.

Zacchaeus
March 17th, 2020, 19:55
Thanks for the info. Is it also possible to have multiple FGC licenses on a single account? With the current FGC sale, I'm interested in getting a second license for my desktop.

Unless you need to run a second instance of FG at the same time as the first you can install FG on your Desktop with the same credentials. The only restriction is that you won't be able to run two instances of FG at the same time. Otherwise yes, you can. Licenses are not tied to your account but DLC is.

Larsenex
March 17th, 2020, 22:31
If i own DLC/Modules which I am currently using for my games with FGClassic, and I put them on FGU will I still be able to use them on FGClassic?

Moon Wizard
March 17th, 2020, 22:34
Yes, they should work if you install them in the correct place. The XML validation for FGU is a little stricter; so there may need to be some minor fixes applied to XML. This has already been done for the vast majority of the purchase-able DLC.

Regards,
JPG