PDA

View Full Version : Not Recognizing MODs Not Purchased From Store?

JHale1966
March 17th, 2020, 16:57
I'm starting to move my Rappan Athuk Campaign to FGU but found when I copied my Bestiary from FG Classic, it's not listed under modules in FGU for me to open. Has this not been implemented yet?

Thanks!

LordEntrails
March 17th, 2020, 17:15
If its from the store, then you should not move it. When you update FGU it will download all your purchased content.

If it is from the forums, then it is possible that it has xml errors and has not been updated to work with FGU yet. Please provide links to the exact module you are having problems with. i.e. a link to the product or thread please.

JHale1966
March 17th, 2020, 17:17
If its from the store, then you should not move it. When you update FGU it will download all your purchased content.

If it is from the forums, then it is possible that it has xml errors and has not been updated to work with FGU yet. Please provide links to the exact module you are having problems with. i.e. a link to the product or thread please.

It's a personal mod that I created using Engineer Suite. I can send it to you provided no one else can download it.

Zacchaeus
March 17th, 2020, 17:20
It's a personal mod that I created using Engineer Suite. I can send it to you provided no one else can download it.

There have been other reports that files created with Engineer Suite won't open in FGU. There's something in it that FGU doesn't like.

JHale1966
March 17th, 2020, 17:23
There have been other reports that files created with Engineer Suite won't open in FGU. There's something in it that FGU doesn't like.

ARGH! OK. Thanks. Hopefully that will get resolved on the ES side of things. :(

LordEntrails
March 17th, 2020, 19:04
I believe it is with the way comments were created in Engineer Suite. FGU's parser for XML is very strict, FGC wasn't.

If FGU gives you errors with line numbers you can track it down. But not sure. You can try searching the forums too as I know it was mentioned before.

JHale1966
March 17th, 2020, 22:53
I believe it is with the way comments were created in Engineer Suite. FGU's parser for XML is very strict, FGC wasn't.

If FGU gives you errors with line numbers you can track it down. But not sure. You can try searching the forums too as I know it was mentioned before.

Yeh - it doesn't. The MOD doesn't even show up to where I can load it.

Moon Wizard
March 18th, 2020, 00:17
There's a problem with the way that ES zips up it's modules that would have to be fixed by the ES community developer. You have to unzip/rezip to clear up the issue, so that the FG library can recognize the files correctly. See this thread:
https://fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?54120-Import-mod-not-visible-in-library&p=479675&viewfull=1#post479675

Regards,
JPG

JHale1966
March 18th, 2020, 12:07
There's a problem with the way that ES zips up it's modules that would have to be fixed by the ES community developer. You have to unzip/rezip to clear up the issue, so that the FG library can recognize the files correctly. See this thread:
https://fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?54120-Import-mod-not-visible-in-library&p=479675&viewfull=1#post479675

Regards,
JPG

THANK YOU! That worked perfectly. :D