PDA

View Full Version : Lock token

Smoltok
March 17th, 2020, 15:29
Hello,

Could we now look tokens in order to prevent PJ to move any tokens ?

Zacchaeus
March 17th, 2020, 15:44
Locking tokens has NOT been implemented yet.

LordEntrails
March 17th, 2020, 16:25
The easiest way to prevent PJ from moving token is to drop an ancient red dragon on the map and have it breath on PJ. Problem solved.

Smoltok
March 17th, 2020, 18:44
Locking tokens has been implemented yet.

Has been or has NOT been ?

If so, how ?

pindercarl
March 17th, 2020, 18:47
Has been or has NOT been ?

If so, how ?

Has NOT been.

Zacchaeus
March 17th, 2020, 19:19
Aha! How to completely confuse people by missing out a single word. Sorry.

qdwag
March 24th, 2020, 12:40
Boy I hope this feature gets implemented soon. Some of my players jumped on today and started running mad across the map and seeing stuff they weren't supposed to.

Zacchaeus
March 24th, 2020, 13:02
Boy I hope this feature gets implemented soon. Some of my players jumped on today and started running mad across the map and seeing stuff they weren't supposed to.

You can still use the mask in conjunction with LOS as in Classic to restrict player movement and how far they can see. Also encourage players to use the arrow keys or the numpad for movement rather than dragging their tokens.

qdwag
March 24th, 2020, 13:36
You can still use the mask in conjunction with LOS as in Classic to restrict player movement and how far they can see. Also encourage players to use the arrow keys or the numpad for movement rather than dragging their tokens.

Man you have no idea, how fast the arrow keys can be. Soon as my players landed on the map, they hit the arrow keys and they were off to the races exploring before I could even say anything. They bolted out of the room and ran around the edges of the map where I didn't have walls, and they did a circumference circle scoping out most of the map.

The token lock, I don't know why they've not implemented it from the get go.

notrealdan
March 24th, 2020, 14:43
Per one of the sticky threads in this forum, token locking won’t be implemented until sometime after release:
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?50483-FGU-Early-Access-Known-Differences-and-Issues

It’s probably just a matter of having to prioritize where they spend their development resources, but I’d also like to see this come back soon. We’ll just have to wait for now.

Copernicus219
March 24th, 2020, 14:44

Man you have no idea, how fast the arrow keys can be. Soon as my players landed on the map, they hit the arrow keys and they were off to the races exploring before I could even say anything. They bolted out of the room and ran around the edges of the map where I didn't have walls, and they did a circumference circle scoping out most of the map.

The token lock, I don't know why they've not implemented it from the get go.

Lol my players do this too.

LordEntrails
March 24th, 2020, 19:30
Mask your images before you share them.

Understand your players are playing with a new toy. Given them an unrelated map to play and learn with.