PDA

View Full Version : Help! License issues! Technical issues! Questions!

boardgamerrob
March 17th, 2020, 15:27
Hi.

I am have the Ultimate License and I am a Kickstarter backer. The installation worked just fine, the program finds all my purchases, etc. The program works fine. I have worked on my campaign for several days (with computer reboots in between) BUT...

I get a key error (see attached image ... doesn't seem I can get imbed image to work).

"[3/17/2020 10:30:46 AM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] License check failed - Check your FG Settings to make sure you have the correct license key.
[3/17/2020 10:30:47 AM] Launcher scene starting."

OKAY. That seems fixed. Now I get this error:

[3/17/2020 10:45:12 AM] Launcher scene starting.
[3/17/2020 10:45:17 AM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] Extension State XML: Error loading XML file. [C:/Users/robab/AppData/Roaming/SmiteWorks/Fantasy Grounds/campaigns/Newenginetest/extensionstate.xml]: '.', hexadecimal value 0x00, is an invalid character. Line 1, position 1.
[3/17/2020 10:45:17 AM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] Extension State XML: Error loading XML file. [C:/Users/robab/AppData/Roaming/SmiteWorks/Fantasy Grounds/campaigns/Newenginetest/extensionstate.xml]: '.', hexadecimal value 0x00, is an invalid character. Line 1, position 1.

What is this?

Also, I am unsure of the public/private setting (should it be private since it will be connecting to my pc on my private network?)

What is the LIVE server?

I will be able to host games (I have Ultimate) with the new version, yes?

Finally, it has been a long time since I used FG so I can't remember how to test my connection before I have my players try.

Help!!!

Thanks!

Boardgamerbob

LordEntrails
March 17th, 2020, 16:31
Please check the playtest forum (where this is posted) for similar issues before posting a new thread. More threads makes it more difficult to track and resolve issues.

The stickies at the top of this forum have links to the new/FGU wiki which has information on all of the connection options. They also have information on functions that have not been implemented yet and a list of known issues.

'Live' is the server you want to be on. That has the latest public version of the software. Do not use the other options (at this time) unless asked to so by a Developer.

Connection tests are no longer need in FGU, just use a Cloud brokered game option.

pindercarl
March 17th, 2020, 16:48
Hi.

I am have the Ultimate License and I am a Kickstarter backer. The installation worked just fine, the program finds all my purchases, etc. The program works fine. I have worked on my campaign for several days (with computer reboots in between) BUT...

I get a key error (see attached image ... doesn't seem I can get imbed image to work).

"[3/17/2020 10:30:46 AM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] License check failed - Check your FG Settings to make sure you have the correct license key.
[3/17/2020 10:30:47 AM] Launcher scene starting."

OKAY. That seems fixed. Now I get this error:

[3/17/2020 10:45:12 AM] Launcher scene starting.

What is this?

Also, I am unsure of the public/private setting (should it be private since it will be connecting to my pc on my private network?)

What is the LIVE server?

I will be able to host games (I have Ultimate) with the new version, yes?

Finally, it has been a long time since I used FG so I can't remember how to test my connection before I have my players try.

Help!!!

Thanks!

Boardgamerbob

The error seems to indicate that their is an issue with the C:/Users/robab/AppData/Roaming/SmiteWorks/Fantasy Grounds/campaigns/Newenginetest/extensionstate.xml. It should be safe to delete that file. If that fails, replace it with the attached file. You should launch the campaign with no extensions until this is resolved.