PDA

View Full Version : Unable to launch a Campaign

Smoltok
March 17th, 2020, 14:55
Hello,

My FGU didn't work well.(altough it did well before)

Any clue ?

Smoltok
March 17th, 2020, 14:59
More Info :

[17/03/2020 14:47:24] [NOTICE] Launcher scene starting.
[3/17/2020 2:47:34 PM] [NOTICE] Connection error - Not connected to FG lobby server. Unable to launch cloud server instance.
[3/17/2020 2:58:44 PM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] Updater: Unable to locate program (C:/Program Files/SmiteWorks/Fantasy Grounds/FantasyGroundsUpdater_NEW/FGUpdaterEngine//FantasyGroundsUpdater.exe)
[3/17/2020 2:58:53 PM] [NOTICE] Connection error - Cancelled by user.
[3/17/2020 2:58:55 PM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] Updater: Unable to locate program (C:/Program Files/SmiteWorks/Fantasy Grounds/FantasyGroundsUpdater_NEW/FGUpdaterEngine//FantasyGroundsUpdater.exe)

Trenloe
March 17th, 2020, 15:03
Update to the latest version - you should see v4.0.0 ULTIMATE (2020-03-16) in the top right of the FG start screen.

Smoltok
March 17th, 2020, 15:15
I unsintall manually all the files and now it works good I believe.
And I have the good version in the top right

zuilin
March 17th, 2020, 17:32
Update to the latest version - you should see v4.0.0 ULTIMATE (2020-03-16) in the top right of the FG start screen.

I'm also having some trouble with creating and launching new campaigns. Mine says v4.0.0 ULTIMATE (2020-03-13) and when I run the updater, it stays at that revision. Should the updater not be updating the app as well as the data files?

pindercarl
March 17th, 2020, 17:35
I'm also having some trouble with creating and launching new campaigns. Mine says v4.0.0 ULTIMATE (2020-03-13) and when I run the updater, it stays at that revision. Should the updater not be updating the app as well as the data files?

The OSX version may be slightly behind the Windows version. What OS are you running?

zuilin
March 17th, 2020, 17:38
The OSX version may be slightly behind the Windows version. What OS are you running?

Yeah, macOS. How far behind has it been running? IMHO that's disappointing. I have to imagine Unity allows an almost consistent code base (which was the part of the point, no?). Because right now, I can't create campaigns. Seems like an important feature.

pindercarl
March 17th, 2020, 17:43
Yeah, macOS. How far behind has it been running? IMHO that's disappointing. I have to imagine Unity allows an almost consistent code base (which was the part of the point, no?). Because right now, I can't create campaigns. Seems like an important feature.

Your issue may not be related to the version number, I just wanted to establish that you are the most current version. Can you provide details about what issues you are having? If there are errors in the console window, could you copy and paste them here?

Thanks.

zuilin
March 17th, 2020, 17:47
Your issue may not be related to the version number, I just wanted to establish that you are the most current version. Can you provide details about what issues you are having? If there are errors in the console window, could you copy and paste them here?

Thanks.

Nothing in console window.

If I hit the New button to create a campaign, no matter what choices I make (even LAN) the Start button stays greyed out. I can't create a new campaign.

I am able to Host the sample 5E campaign that comes with the clean setup and connect to it with a second copy of the client on the same computer using localhost (or my local IP) as the address.

I am not able to Host the sample 5E campaign on the lobby. At least, if I do, my second copy of the application can't see me logged into the lobby to pick the game to join.

pindercarl
March 17th, 2020, 17:51
Nothing in console window.

If I hit the New button to create a campaign, no matter what choices I make (even LAN) the Start button stays greyed out. I can't create a new campaign.

I am able to Host the sample 5E campaign that comes with the clean setup and connect to it with a second copy of the client on the same computer using localhost (or my local IP) as the address.

I am not able to Host the sample 5E campaign on the lobby. At least, if I do, my second copy of the application can't see me logged into the lobby to pick the game to join.

Just to eliminate the simplest issues, after you press the new campaign button are you entering a name and choosing a ruleset?

zuilin
March 17th, 2020, 17:55
Just to eliminate the simplest issues, after you press the new campaign button are you entering a name and choosing a ruleset?

Well, ****.

Guess the campaign name is important. Ugh. (Smacks forehead.)

pindercarl
March 17th, 2020, 18:04
No worries. I'm glad this issue is resolved. It also gives us a data point on the UI.

zuilin
March 17th, 2020, 18:06
No worries. I'm glad this issue is resolved. It also gives us a data point on the UI.

I'll be trying to get a friend to connect to me today. I tried connecting to someone else's open game and couldn't connect. We'll see.

zuilin
March 17th, 2020, 21:00
I'll be trying to get a friend to connect to me today. I tried connecting to someone else's open game and couldn't connect. We'll see.

I was able to get him to connect by running my game as a LAN game with port forwarding to my computer. Every other combination (no port forwarding, public, private, etc.) using the Lobby would not allow connection. He could see my game in the Lobby but could not connect.

Furthermore, there was some problem with seeing NPC tokens on the game map if they were marked as hostile. Once I changed them to friendly he could see them and then he could see them when I switched them back to hostile.

I know this thread isn't the best place to continue this discussion, so I'll try to find a better place for these comments.