PDA

View Full Version : Map showing up full screen (no UI other than the dice)

bmos
March 17th, 2020, 02:12

Just ran into this strange bug.
Here's what I think happened:
1. DM shared a map.
2. I clicked the arrow to fit it to the screen (only once, leaving the chat visible)
3. DM unshared the map (while I still had it open full screen) which made the whole screen go black
4. I right-clicked on the blackness to get out of it with the close window X
5. Tried opening another map he shared and it comes up missing almost all of the UI.

I'm going to have him try restarting the server.

Can someone else see if they can reproduce? I don't have an Ultimate license to try it with.

Moon Wizard
March 17th, 2020, 03:54
I've filed as task FGU-961 for Carl to investigate for now. If anyone has any information on how to recreate this, it would be appreciated.

Regards,
JPG

bmos
March 17th, 2020, 13:00
Just spent a few minutes trying to reproduce this bug with Zacchaeus. No luck although we tested using 5e ruleset (he doesn't have Pathfinder)

When it occured, it was using the Pathfinder 1e Briarstone Asylum DM map from Strange Aeons and there were 4 PCs and 3 NPCs.
Mask was enabled, no LOS.
Both computers were PCs.

I had my DM restart his server, no change.

I reinstalled FGU on my computer (deleting my appdata folder and redownloading everything) and now I see the grid revealed by the mask and the PC icons but no map image.

bmos
March 18th, 2020, 01:42
Fixed. DM clicked revert changes on the map.

schloopydoopygafloopymcge
January 27th, 2024, 04:15
Wanted to report that we just had the same issue.

Was only happening to one player and the DM had made a lot of changes so we did not want to revert the map.

Had the player close out of FG and delete their local cache (Fantasy Grounds\Cache\) and they were able to load the map normally after that.

(No idea how to re-create, player said they were not touching anything, only happened to him. We had LoS turned on so could be related?)

Moon Wizard
January 30th, 2024, 02:47
Best to file new thread if thread is older than a year. Going to lock this one to prevent additional necro.

If any user uses the upper right arrow to expand their map, it first gets sent to background between other desktop elements, then if used again, it fills the whole screen (for people that like to project onto tabletop in live play). To get back, just look the arrow button in the top right to reduce the size.

Regards,
JPG