PDA

View Full Version : Fantasy Grounds Unity Upgrade Price.

Mourngrimm
March 16th, 2020, 23:32
Hi Guys,
I was looking to upgrade from FGC Ultimate to Unity, and the price keeps coming up at $99. My understanding was that the upgrade price was going to be $89. Has the upgrade price increased or am I just missing something?

Moon Wizard
March 17th, 2020, 00:42
I’ve forwarded to Doug to look at what might be happening.

Regards,
JPG

vegaserik
March 17th, 2020, 00:44
Did you put it in the cart? My discount came up in the cart.

ddavison
March 17th, 2020, 01:41
The upgrade price for upgrading FGU Standard to FGU Ultimate is normally $110. It is on sale for 10% off now, so the price will be $99 in your cart.

If you already own an Ultimate license for FGC, then you will get a further discount.

Mourngrimm
March 17th, 2020, 02:32
Okay. So someone else posted that they purchased their FGC Ultimate on Steam and were not getting the 40% discount. I think that is what my problem is as well. I guess I have to wait for the Steam release.

danielfruth
March 25th, 2020, 23:37
I just tried to purchase the upgrade to ultimate and it only gave me a 10% discount rather than the %40 listed for upgrading from standard to ultimate. Is there a number to call for manual ordering or do we just wait and try again until it someday works?

ddavison
March 26th, 2020, 00:38
I just tried to purchase the upgrade to ultimate and it only gave me a 10% discount rather than the %40 listed for upgrading from standard to ultimate. Is there a number to call for manual ordering or do we just wait and try again until it someday works?

Make sure you are logged in and you see your FG Classic Ultimate license when you go to Store > Order History. If you got it on Steam, you will need to wait until we launch on Steam to get the 40% discount for owning the previous version.

calexus
March 26th, 2020, 00:58
The 40% is upgrading from ultimate classic to ultimate unity, not for upgrading from standard license to ultimate license.

danielfruth
March 26th, 2020, 01:00
The 40% is upgrading from ultimate classic to ultimate unity, not for upgrading from standard license to ultimate license.

Thank you, that's not great to hear but at least I know its not an error.

ppostel
March 26th, 2020, 02:35
Hello all,

The 40% discount did not apply when I placed the upgrade from FGC to FGU in my cart. I won my FGC Ultimate license in a contest back in 2014. I have purchased other content since then and those are in my order history. Because I did not directly purchase the FGC Ultimate license, that order doesn't show up in my order history. Could that be why the 40% discount is not being applied?

Thank you.

- Paul

LordEntrails
March 26th, 2020, 06:31
Hello all,

The 40% discount did not apply when I placed the upgrade from FGC to FGU in my cart. I won my FGC Ultimate license in a contest back in 2014. I have purchased other content since then and those are in my order history. Because I did not directly purchase the FGC Ultimate license, that order doesn't show up in my order history. Could that be why the 40% discount is not being applied?

Thank you.

- Paul
Perhaps. I think you are going to have to contact support directly, [email protected]

ppostel
March 26th, 2020, 13:45
Perhaps. I think you are going to have to contact support directly, [email protected]

Thank you for the email. Doing this now.

- Paul

brainArid
March 26th, 2020, 14:23
If you got it on Steam, you will need to wait until we launch on Steam to get the 40% discount for owning the previous version.

Say, that some of us qualify for the 40% discount, but would be willing to take the 10% discount now so we can participate in the Beta. Do you think there would be a way to reimburse us after the official steam release?

Zacchaeus
March 26th, 2020, 14:27
Say, that some of us qualify for the 40% discount, but would be willing to take the 10% discount now so we can participate in the Beta. Do you think there would be a way to reimburse us after the official steam release?

That would require a reimbursement from Steam and that isn't going to happen.

39Sam
April 2nd, 2020, 15:27
Hello all,

So I purchased my FGC Ultimate licence on Steam 2 years ago, and that purchase do appear in my order history on my FG account. I also found this offer (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/store/product.php?id=FGU03UPGRADE) to upgrade my FGC Ultimate to FGU Ultimate with an additional 10% discount and I am tempted to use it.
My cart properly shows the $99 price, but since my initial order was on Steam I'm still wondering if it is OK to purchase on FG's website or if I must wait for the offer to be available on Steam ?

And one last important question : Once I upgrade, will I still be able to use my FGC Ultimate ? I'm finishing a campaign and we have plenty of macro so I would like some time to practice and test FGU with some players before I move all my stuff on it.

Trenloe
April 2nd, 2020, 15:34
I'm still wondering if it is OK to purchase on FG's website or if I must wait for the offer to be available on Steam ?
It's fine to purchase on the FG website.

But, try the link in the bottom right of this page: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/home/FantasyGroundsUnity.php FGU Ultimate is currently on sale, and if you have a FGC License key against your FG account the price should be $75 once you add it to your cart.

IAnd one last important question : Once I upgrade, will I still be able to use my FGC Ultimate ?
Yes.

calexus
April 2nd, 2020, 15:42
That isn't a classic to unity upgrade, the link you have is for the standard to ultimate. So you would need the standard license for FGU already, also worth noting that for the discounted price, it needs to show in your licenses on your account, not under your order history. I also bought FGC through Steam, so am stuck waiting for FGU to come to Steam so I can get the discount

Edit - The link I am referring to is the link 2 posts above from Gurgeh, not the link posted by Trenloe. The link posted by Trenloe is the correct link

Trenloe
April 2nd, 2020, 16:09
That isn't a classic to unity upgrade, the link you have is for the standard to ultimate.
It's actually not a Unity only upgrade. It's a catch all for buying FGU Ultimate - with appropriate discounts being applied when you add it to your cart.

See the "Are there any discounts for upgrading from FGC to FGU?" FAQ at the top of that page. I know that says if you own a license on Steam you'll need to wait - but if your license shows in your FG order history then it might work - hence why I said to @Gurgeh to "try the link...".

39Sam
April 2nd, 2020, 16:09
FGU Ultimate is currently on sale, and if you have a FGC License key against your FG account the price should be $75 once you add it to your cart.
It does not apply, so I guess Calexus is right I'll have to wait for this to pop-up on Steam.

Thanks for your answer all.

Trenloe
April 2nd, 2020, 16:13
It does not apply, so I guess Calexus is right I'll have to wait for this to pop-up on Steam.
What price does it show when you add it to your cart?

If it doesn't show $75 you may still be best off going for the $99 deal you linked earlier. This will be $10 more expensive than a standard 40% upgrade on Steam - so if you want to use FGU now and don't want to wait for it to be on Steam, then that might be a good way to go.

39Sam
April 2nd, 2020, 16:51
What price does it show when you add it to your cart?
Only the standard 10% rebate

If it doesn't show $75 you may still be best off going for the $99 deal you linked earlier. This will be $10 more expensive than a standard 40% upgrade on Steam - so if you want to use FGU now and don't want to wait for it to be on Steam, then that might be a good way to go. Yes I'll go this way assuming you know it will not be on Steam soon.

Trenloe
April 2nd, 2020, 16:55
... assuming you know it will not be on Steam soon.
I have no idea. But FG have a 30 day no questions asked refund policy - so you're good for 30 days at least! :)

calexus
April 2nd, 2020, 17:26
I was referring to the $99 link from Gurgeh, not the link posted by Trenloe, sorry for the confusion, will edit my previous post in case anyone else sees it. The $99 link says it is the standard to ultimate upgrade for Unity, not the classic to unity upgrade

Trenloe
April 2nd, 2020, 18:37
I was referring to the $99 link from Gurgeh, not the link posted by Trenloe, sorry for the confusion, will edit my previous post in case anyone else sees it. The $99 link says it is the standard to ultimate upgrade for Unity, not the classic to unity upgrade
Cool. Thanks for clarifying! :)

Rattercrash
April 21st, 2020, 21:18
is there any timeline for when steam buyers can expect the discount? really looking forward to FGU (:

LordEntrails
April 21st, 2020, 21:36
is there any timeline for when steam buyers can expect the discount? really looking forward to FGU (:
No. Last I heard SmiteWorks was waiting for Steam to implement a solution to the DLC issue.

Kage76
July 25th, 2020, 22:19
Can you upgrade to unity ultimate from classic ultimate from steam? or do I have to purchase a separate license?

Imagix
July 25th, 2020, 22:37
No, Unity is not yet available on Steam. Last anyone has heard, the ball is in Valve's court.

LordEntrails
July 26th, 2020, 01:17
I believe Smiteworks has said if you purchase FGU via the FG store you can then request a partial refund from [email protected]. I would make sure first and im sure they will not be able to do Steam regional pricing.

similarly
July 26th, 2020, 04:34
I read somewhere that they've worked out the issue with handling dlc with STEAM, and that now they only want to make some stability improvements before the STEAM release, so I hope it will be soon.

Tesalie
July 30th, 2020, 03:59
I have FGC ultimate. If I buy FGU ultimate will my licence for FGC be gone? I still have games in there. Also, do all of my books cross over or do I have to repurchase them?

Imagix
July 30th, 2020, 04:11
Nope, you’d have a license for each. Your books will work in both. Transferring your campaign would be a one-way operations. You can copy it from your FGC installation to your FGU installation, don’t count on being able to go the other direction.

damned
July 30th, 2020, 05:24
Your books will work in both.

H3R3T1CZA
August 31st, 2020, 19:54
But why must you buy an Ultimate License for Unity when you had purchased the Ultimate License for Classic?
Surely it can be transferred?
And then you just pay for Unity?
In South Africa it is very expensive to purchase it due to the exchange rate, and I have the Steam Version as well. I want to start DMing on Unity, but almost R600 is a lot of money for me.

LordEntrails
August 31st, 2020, 20:00
But why must you buy an Ultimate License for Unity when you had purchased the Ultimate License for Classic?
Surely it can be transferred?
And then you just pay for Unity?
In South Africa it is very expensive to purchase it due to the exchange rate, and I have the Steam Version as well. I want to start DMing on Unity, but almost R600 is a lot of money for me.
FGC and FGU are different applications. Just like when you bought MS Office 2003, you still had to buy a discounted upgrade license for MS Office 2013.

FGU, along with upgrade discounts if you own via Steam is available on Steam that has regional pricing for situations such as yours.

ddavison
August 31st, 2020, 22:23
Be sure to use this link so you can get the 40% off discount by already owning the Fantasy Grounds Classic version.
https://store.steampowered.com/bundle/15993/Upgrade_from_FG_Classic_to_FG_Unity_Ultimate_licen se/

Steam is likely to be the best place to get it for you since they do their own regional pricing. This is probably better than a straight currency conversion.

Jaume
December 18th, 2020, 15:57
Sorry for the threadomancy but I'm trying to understand how and for how much can I upgrade from standard FGC to FG ultimate Unity.
The Steam linked page is a bundle for 3 products, two of them are redundant to me (FGC ultimate and FGU)
If I purchase this one https://store.steampowered.com/app/1396780/Fantasy_Grounds_Unity__Ultimate_License_Upgrade/
it will require me to have a FGU standard license?

I'm trying to understand the advantage to upgrade from a previous version, since the steam bundle (143,13€) is higher than buying FGU standard (33,99€ ) and FGU ultimate (102,28€) at normal price

Imagix
December 18th, 2020, 16:17
That bundle also would bring your FGC up to Ultimate as well, so you're not comparing apples to apples.

Wouldn't you want https://store.steampowered.com/bundle/13834/Upgrade_from_Fantasy_Grounds_to_Fantasy_Grounds_Un ity_Standard_license/ first, then the one you posted (not the bundle)? ie: you have FGC Standard, you want to upgrade from FGC to FGU (also Standard) which should have the upgrade discount. Then add the FGU Standard -> FGU Ultimate upgrade for the 102-ish euro?

ddavison
December 18th, 2020, 17:02
The bundles on Steam should not require you to pay for any items you already own. They are Complete the Set bundles. Just add it to your cart and start through the checkout process and you should see that those items are not being charged. Instead, you just just get the discount on the remaining items which are new to you. If you don't see that, stop the purchase and verify that you own those items on Steam and they show up in your Steam Library. If you bought some stuff on our site and some stuff on Steam, you may need to contact [email protected] for assistance.

Also, keep an eye out for the Winter Sale. We can't advertise any sales in advance, but historically we have always participated in the big Steam sales. Those sales are mirrored on our site as well whenever they happen.

Jaume
December 18th, 2020, 19:00
Thank you for the quick answers, but reading your replies I think I haven't explained myself properly, let me try it again wrapping your answers

I have FGC standard and I want to upgrade to FGU ultimate
Question:
-There is a way to upgrade with a purchase of a unique software/license?

by SINGLE I mean: Not a steam bundle containing several piecdes of software, just one "exe->click->install->Done!"
--->Clarification: Steam is doing the right estimation, is deducting the software I already own, and as so the bundle is for three software/licenses
------>Then what is the problem?: Once I upgrade to FGU I don't plan to use FGC again, so the FGC Ultimate is useless for me and I dont want to pay for a software I will never use.

Reading your answers it looks like without the bundle the only way to do it is to have two separated transactions
1st acquiring this one to upgrade from FGC standard to FGU standard
https://store.steampowered.com/bundle/13834/Upgrade_from_Fantasy_Grounds_to_Fantasy_Grounds_Un ity_Standard_license/

2nd acquiring this one to upgrade from FGU standard to FGU Ultimate
https://store.steampowered.com/app/1396780/Fantasy_Grounds_Unity__Ultimate_License_Upgrade/

is this correct?
So the answer to my question is: NO, there is no way to do this in a single install
and the minimun purchase is by acquiring the products in link 1st & 2nd

Thank you for the heads up about the winter sale!!
Actually past year I purchased the five(or four?) standard licenses deal, and after a year of using it's the right time to upgrade

ddavison
December 18th, 2020, 19:49
Yes, that is right. You would go from FGC Standard to FGU Standard first. The bundle should get you a discount on that purchase. Then you would get the FGU Ultimate upgrade.

damned
December 19th, 2020, 02:15
You can also go FGC Standard -> FGU Standard and then FGU Standard to FGU Ultimate
Sometimes different sales might make different routes more attractive

Jaume
December 19th, 2020, 16:57
Excellent, thank you for the help guys!
One off topic question:
When upgrading to FGU, my FGC campaings and homebrew content (spells, items, stories etc) are exported during the install?
or should I do it by hand in the same way I move stuff between campaigns in FGC?

LordEntrails
December 19th, 2020, 18:09
Do it by hand. See;
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?55522-How-to-Migrate-a-FGC-Campaign-to-FGU

Stevenav
March 21st, 2021, 23:16
Hi all,

I was just looking at finally upgrading my version of FG Classic Ultimate to FG Unity Ultimate, and after reviewing the thread I think that the upgrade paths boil down to the following.

Can someone please review this and let me know if I got any of this incorrect?

If it is correct, can someone pin this to the thread head so that everyone can benefit?

Fantasy Grounds Classic, standard -> Fantasy grounds Unity, Standard https://store.steampowered.com/bundle/13834/Upgrade_from_Fantasy_Grounds_to_Fantasy_Grounds_Un ity_Standard_license/

Fantasy Grounds Classic, standard -> Fantasy grounds Unity, Ultimate https://store.steampowered.com/bundle/15993/Upgrade_from_FG_Classic_to_FG_Unity_Ultimate_licen se/

Fantasy Grounds Classic, Ultimate -> Fantasy grounds Unity, Ultimate contact [email protected]

Fantasy Grounds Unitry, Standard -> Fantasy grounds Unity, Ultimate https://store.steampowered.com/app/1396780/Fantasy_Grounds_Unity__Ultimate_License_Upgrade/