PDA

View Full Version : Campaign transferred from FGC duplicates content in modified story entries

Ecks
March 16th, 2020, 20:21
I copied a campaign using the Tomb of Annihilation module from FGC to FGU that has some of the module's story entries modified. After loading the campaign in FGU, the modified story entries contain the original (unmodified) text followed by the modified text. (Possibly related to/duplicate of FGU-840?)

To recreate:

In FGC:

Create a new campaign using 5e ruleset
Load official module (e.g. Tomb of Annihilation)
Edit the text contents of a story entry

Copy the campaign to the FGU data directory
In FGU, open the campaign and view the story entry modified in FGC. It will contain the original story content, followed by the entire text from the modified story content.

Windows 10
5e ruleset, no extensions
FGU v4.0.0 2020-03-16

Moon Wizard
March 16th, 2020, 20:29
Thanks for reporting. I was planning to try and track down this issue this week. Can you provide me with a ZIP file of the original campaign from FGC?

Thanks,
JPG

Ecks
March 18th, 2020, 16:31
One additional observation: each time the campaign is opened in FGU the original story entry content is prepended again. For example, after opening the campaign in FGU 3 times, the modified story entry will look like:

<Original Content>
<Original Content>
<Original Content>
<Modified Content>

Moon Wizard
March 20th, 2020, 22:10
Just pushed a new update that should stop this from continuing to happen; but it does not have any way to clean up the data. You can revert the record (or module) to reset to original module version.

Regards,
JPG

Ecks
March 21st, 2020, 01:57
Thank you! Verified in the latest build.