PDA

View Full Version : Invisible Effects

steff
March 15th, 2020, 18:18
Question: Is it possible to apply an effect to a PC that is invisible to the PC? How do you hide it? Specifically, if they get a disease or a curse and should not yet be aware of it, i would like to apply the effects then make them figure out why they are weakened/ throwing up/ etc.

But, it appears that as soon as you apply the effect there is a glaring neon sign that says 'Tetanus' and they immediately run to the cleric for healing.

Is this a feature already and I just have not seen it?

If not, how do other players approach this? Someone in my, 'we don't check for traps' is about to catch a disease. i would like to hide it from them until they do some investigating.

Thanks.

Zacchaeus
March 15th, 2020, 18:24
Create the effect in the effects dialog, and click the eye icon to make it invisible. When applied to the PC from there it will not be visible to the player, but you as DM will still be able to control everything about it. Don't forget to give it a decent time spam lest it only last for a turn by default.

Blahness98
March 15th, 2020, 21:34
Or, create a blank effect on the PC, toggle it to GM and then add in the info you need.

darrenan
March 16th, 2020, 00:46
A picture being worth a thousand words, compare these two images:

32140 32141

The little blue rectangle can be clicked by the GM to toggle from visible to gm-only. To see these options, you will need to expand the effects for the PC by clicking this: