PDA

View Full Version : How to jury-rig a race that currently is not available from FG?

ronaldsf
March 15th, 2020, 18:03
Due to coronavirus my campaign is going online at the moment. One of my players has a hobgoblin character, which is from the Lost Omens Character Guide.

I looked at this thread about creating a Kobold (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?53683-Need-to-jury-rig-up-a-Kobold-playable-race-until-APG-comes-out) and still have a question:

How can I have the Ancestry come with Ability Boosts and Ability Flaws?

I opened up the CRB Dwarf Ancestry and saw that it has these as items with the red icon. I dragged one over to my new Hobgoblin, but it simply copies ove the same boosts and flaws from the dwarf. It is "Read Only" and I can't make changes to it.

How can I make custom Ability Boosts and Flaws?

(Also is there a resource for making various elements like this in PF2? I see that the User Manual PDF is 5E oriented. Thanks in advance.)

Willot
March 15th, 2020, 21:28
Open the Ancestries, create a new blank one. Then click on the side tab Other and start making entries as in image.

ronaldsf
March 16th, 2020, 00:09
I've clicked the "Other" tab.
I then click the Plus sign and I get a cursor. I've typed "Ability Flaw" in it. I can't click the item I've just made to make it "pop out" into a window for me to make changes to.
I've opened the Dwarf item and tried to click-and-drag "Ability Flaw" from there into this new Hobgoblin "Other" tab that I have. No luck...

kaernunnos
March 16th, 2020, 14:30
Open the Ancestries, create a new blank one. Then click on the side tab Other and start making entries as in image.

I'm curious, why did you add the castes under the ancestry instead of making them heritages?

Willot
March 16th, 2020, 23:52
I'm curious, why did you add the castes under the ancestry instead of making them heritages?

Not Sure, I did make quite awhile ago. It maybe the Separate Heritage button wasn't there when I made it originally

Willot
March 17th, 2020, 00:00
I've clicked the "Other" tab.
I then click the Plus sign and I get a cursor. I've typed "Ability Flaw" in it. I can't click the item I've just made to make it "pop out" into a window for me to make changes to.
I've opened the Dwarf item and tried to click-and-drag "Ability Flaw" from there into this new Hobgoblin "Other" tab that I have. No luck...

Create your new Ancestry called Hobgoblin

After you press the + and typed in the name for the ability, you then need to collapse the + so the - turns back into a link then you can click on it and add the flaw.

OR

Dont use the + at all Just right click in middle of the window and select "Create New" from the radial menu. Name it and click on the link to open the pop up and enter details.

ronaldsf
March 17th, 2020, 06:23
Create your new Ancestry called Hobgoblin

After you press the + and typed in the name for the ability, you then need to collapse the + so the - turns back into a link then you can click on it and add the flaw.

OR

Dont use the + at all Just right click in middle of the window and select "Create New" from the radial menu. Name it and click on the link to open the pop up and enter details.

Thanks. Yeah I typed in boosts manually and was the "HIT POINTS X" name, and was surprised to see that these changes were applied when I added the Ancestry to a character. Good to know! (And a bit hidden ahem)

boychemist
April 8th, 2020, 21:06
I am trying to add Ancestry Feats for a port of Kitsune. I have not been able to add the Kitsune trait to the filter list on the Feats tab. I added KITSUNE to the traits list and associated it with a Feat. Is there some way to add to the filter list? When I show the feats by trait, the Kitsune trait appears with the feat in its group.

kaernunnos
April 8th, 2020, 21:21
I am trying to add Ancestry Feats for a port of Kitsune. I have not been able to add the Kitsune trait to the filter list on the Feats tab. I added KITSUNE to the traits list and associated it with a Feat. Is there some way to add to the filter list? When I show the feats by trait, the Kitsune trait appears with the feat in its group.

Unfortunately trait filters are hard coded. To add something to it requires coding an extension instead of a module. There is an example here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?55026-Help-creating-Ancestry-in-Unity&p=486830&viewfull=1#post486830 if you want to try it.

boychemist
April 8th, 2020, 22:59
That did the job. Thanks.