PDA

View Full Version : Player Agency Extension

Pages : [1] 2

damned
March 15th, 2020, 01:59
GMs have always had far more to do than players. Game prep, game management, keeping all the elements of the story linked coherently and managing a whole world of NPCs.
While a virtual tabletop provides so many tools to make these things easier there is still a disproportionate amount of work to be done by the GM. In addition there are things that the players would like to be able to do but are limited by the database limitations.

New Classic version uploaded 20200630
New build available in the forge: https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/511/view

This extension combines three recent extensions that give both the GM and players a lot more ability to create and track notes on the game world that they are operating in.

World Builder is primarily a GM tool that allow the GM to flesh out the game world in a more structured manner than just using Story entries. Currently it supports Places, Groups, Personalities and Religions. There are two fields in each World Builder record that contain information visible to the players if the GM shares the record. In addition the Players can append their own notes to the Player Notes field and these become a part of the record and are visible to other players and the GM. For more information see the basic user guide here: https://www.diehard-gaming.com/worldbuilder/wbhelp.html
The GM can now tick a checkbox to share each section - except the GM Description.
World Builder now supports a page of rollable stats - one section that are visible and usable (but not editable) by players and another section that is GM only.
Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7yQtfKf2yD4
Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q0gT1WiWYeE

Investigator is primarily a player tool that allows the players to create their own shared and interactive Clue sheets to track knowledge and leads in one location. If the player creates the Clue and sets it as Public other players can see the Clue and can add their own notes to the PC Notes field. The original creator has complete control over all fields including notes added by other players. For more information see the basic user guide here: https://www.diehard-gaming.com/investigator/invhelp.html
Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ToZDZJBBR50

Dear Diary is primarily a player enhancement that allows the players to add their own notes to the campaign Calendar. Any day that the GM has entered data on becomes available for the players to add their own notes to. This allow the players to record the data that they think is important into the calendar which can help with long campaigns and investigations. Players can add links and other formatted text too. For more information see the basic user guide here: https://www.diehard-gaming.com/deardiary/ddhelp.html

This extension will supersede the individual extensions and support for the individual extensions will end in approx 1 month.

This Classic Version does not work with the D&D 2E ruleset or with the On Demand Manual Dice extension.

New Build in the Forge works with 2E and with the On Demand Dice Extension https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/511/view

Support added for players editing content from Modules
The record needs to be Shared not just loaded in a Module
When selecting additional fields for players to view they may have to also close and open the record.

If creating content that will be reused I suggest you do it in a campaign reserved for that.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=34225

#7 164, #8 285, #9 3 #10 93 #11 215 #12 1877

New Build in the Forge only use below for FG Classic
https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/511/view

damned
March 15th, 2020, 01:59
Reserved for more information.

damned
March 15th, 2020, 02:00
Known Issues.

Compatibility with 2E and ondemand manual dice requires a separate extension
Issue with header in 5E default them.
Investigator Script throwing errors - fixed 20200317
Basic User Guide links not correct - fixes 20200317

Wishlist.

damned
March 15th, 2020, 02:00
Video for World Builder

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7yQtfKf2yD4

damned
March 15th, 2020, 02:01
Video for Investigator

https://youtu.be/ToZDZJBBR50

damned
Video for Dear Diary

To come

damned
reserved

garrion_sw
March 15th, 2020, 18:35
Thanks for the combined extension with all these great tools. I'm getting some errors with the CoC7e ruleset, no other extension loaded.

The Investigator gives the following error when clicking on the PC Notes icon.

Script Error: [string "button_edit_pcdisc"]:1: attempt to concatenate a nil value

It does go ahead and bring up the submission window, but submitting a test entry gives this error.

Script Error: [string "button_pcsubmit_pcnotes"]:1: attempt to concatenate a nil value

Occasionally it tosses this into the mix.

Ruleset Warning: window: Anchored static height ignored for control (sendtochat_label) in windowclass (investigator_header)
Ruleset Warning: window: Anchored static height ignored for control (button_chat_pcdisc) in windowclass (investigator_header)
Ruleset Warning: window: Anchored static height ignored for control (sendtochat_label) in windowclass (investigator_header)
Ruleset Warning: window: Anchored static height ignored for control (button_chat_pcdisc) in windowclass (investigator_header)

The calendar log does a similar thing with these errors on Icon click and submit.

Script Error: [string "button_edit_pcdisc"]:1: attempt to concatenate a nil value
Script Error: [string "button_pcsubmit_pclognotes"]:1: attempt to concatenate a nil value

Another issue with the calendar is that you only get the option to create an entry on an existing log node, meaning the GM would have already needed to create a GM or Player entry there. It would be nice if you could create a player entry based on the selected date through the "Add Log Entry" button but I don't know if this is possible within the restrictions of the Core Ruleset.

The World Builder pops up a PC Notes window but there is no icon to click for creating a submission. This may be an oversight in the combined version but I wanted to point it out. I'm sure it would give the errors stated above if it were available. Note in my screen capture that the PC entry is locked even though the GM entry is unlocked. There is also no "Public" toggle for the GM and you must share through R-click.

I switched over to CoreRPG and got all the same errors.

VenomousFiligree
March 15th, 2020, 19:01
Thanks for all your work damned. How easy is it to download all the info? My players use a separate piece of software to keep track of the campaign.

damned
March 15th, 2020, 22:32
Thanks for all your work damned. How easy is it to download all the info? My players use a separate piece of software to keep track of the campaign.

To download and reuse within FG is easy. Just use /export
For using outside FG... it would totally require some massaging.
You might find your current tools have too much info to make a change worthwhile.

damned
March 15th, 2020, 22:41
Thanks for the combined extension with all these great tools. I'm getting some errors with the CoC7e ruleset, no other extension loaded.

I switched over to CoreRPG and got all the same errors.

I cant replicate the errors.
Do you possibly have WB or Investigator also loaded?

The Calendar thing is CoreRPG functionality. I dont know if I want to go in and change that just yet. Perhaps will see how many people request that.

Let me just clarify some things.
World Builder must be made by the GM and shared by the GM. Players can only see it if its been shared to them. Players can only see the two player fields. Only Players will have the Edit Button. Only the GM will have the send to Chat button.
Investigator should be made by PCs (though the GM can make clues if they really want). PCs decide to share (make public) or not. Players can only see their own Clues and Public Clues. Only Players will have the Edit Button. Players and GM will have the send to Chat button.
Dear Diary requires the GM to activate - even just be double clicking - the date. Players can view any active date. Players can only see the player field. Only Players will have the Edit Button. Players and GM will have the send to Chat button.

Can you confirm?

garrion_sw
March 16th, 2020, 18:26
I'm sorry, this perplexes me also. I deleted the campaign file and created a new CoreRPG campaign. The only extension loaded is your player agency extension. (Though I did get this error with the previous Investigator extension also.)

I created a GM initiated clue and also created a player initiated clue. Both give the error when the player clicks on the PC Note edit icon.

After retesting World Builder at this point I get no errors.
Dear Diary also gives no errors.

I tried re-downloading the extension and not changing the name as I do with most extensions. This didn't help either.

Can you think of any other complications to test? At this point my options are out. The only other thing I can think of is that I'm running v3.3.11 from Test server.

Zacchaeus
March 16th, 2020, 18:53
I can replicate; I'm also on test server so that is probably the problem.

damned
March 16th, 2020, 21:32
Thanks guys - am updating to the test version now.

damned
March 16th, 2020, 22:00
Ok - Ive tested with Zacchaeus and found the error. I dont know why it wasnt triggering for me but there definitely was a piece of code that hadnt been updated for the combined extension properly. New version being uploaded now.

Korav
March 20th, 2020, 15:56
So I'm wondering if I messed up. I started with Worldbuilder standalone. Added quite a bit of information. Saw that this was updated to PlayerAgency (which is great), but now when I open up items I had created in Worldbuilder, the "Status, Gender, Race, Occupation, Faction, Relationships field appear on the locked article even if they are blank.

I tried to fill them in and delete them, but doesn't help. Any way to fix this?

Zacchaeus
March 20th, 2020, 19:18
Cycle through the types and it'll clear the fields.

Korav
March 20th, 2020, 21:27
Thanks for trying to help Zacchaeus, but that doesn't seem to work.

This was a type Religion. If I unlock it and set it to entity (or anything other than religion, then lock it. The values disappear (great), but if I set it back to Religion the value reappear.

I installed WorldBuilder. Created several Religions (as well as places and other things). Then upgraded to PlayerAgency and all of my Religions have this. On other items (Places and Groups) cycling through works correctly.

Zacchaeus
March 20th, 2020, 21:42
What I meant was unlock; cycle through all the types until you get back to the one it should be.

Korav
March 20th, 2020, 21:43
Actually... it seems like it fixes it for Places, but if you close the window, then reopen it, you'll see the same fields appear there. If you unlock it, cycle, close it. It appears correct... until you close the window and reopen it. It's very strange.

Korav
March 20th, 2020, 21:45
What I meant was unlock; cycle through all the types until you get back to the one it should be.

I did just that and as noted in my previous reply, for places it seems to temporarily work. For religions it doesn't work.

Zacchaeus
March 20th, 2020, 21:48
I did just that and as noted in my previous reply, for places it seems to temporarily work. For religions it doesn't work.

Hmm, I only use the places bit so it did work for me.

Korav
March 20th, 2020, 21:52
Hmm, I only use the places bit so it did work for me.

Starting with weird empty entity related fields, if you unlock it, cycle through back to places, lock it, it looks good. However if I close the window, then reopen it, the entity fields are there again.

damned
March 20th, 2020, 22:46
Thanks for trying to help Zacchaeus, but that doesn't seem to work.

This was a type Religion. If I unlock it and set it to entity (or anything other than religion, then lock it. The values disappear (great), but if I set it back to Religion the value reappear.

I installed WorldBuilder. Created several Religions (as well as places and other things). Then upgraded to PlayerAgency and all of my Religions have this. On other items (Places and Groups) cycling through works correctly.

Thanks for Reporting. Ill test it.

damned
March 21st, 2020, 05:31
Ive found the issue and Ill get a fix out for it soon.

Korav
March 21st, 2020, 06:01
Ive found the issue and Ill get a fix out for it soon.

Thanks so much! Looking forward to it.

Tommycore
March 26th, 2020, 18:03
Incredible and useful tool. Thank you.

csetom
March 26th, 2020, 21:10
UPDATE: Nevermind. I see you found this bug to.

For Some reasen, when I chose "Place" and then close the window, and open it again, I see the
fillable fields of "entity" like: gender and status even if its locked. What can I do?

damned
March 27th, 2020, 04:02
I have fixed this but waiting on one other small change before uploading.

Bonkon
April 10th, 2020, 17:52
I have fixed this but waiting on one other small change before uploading.

Good Day Damned :)
Just curious if this ever got updated?

Thanks for all you do here!!

Weepdrag
April 10th, 2020, 20:34
STUPID QUESTION ALERT!
How compatible is this with the old locations EXT? I literally have the ENTIRE World of Greyhawk in the LOCATIONS.EXT that took 3 years to input.

This ends the STUPID QUESTION ALERT.

LordEntrails
April 10th, 2020, 22:58
STUPID QUESTION ALERT!
How compatible is this with the old locations EXT? I literally have the ENTIRE World of Greyhawk in the LOCATIONS.EXT that took 3 years to input.

This ends the STUPID QUESTION ALERT.
Not a stupid question :)

Not compatible. As far as I can tell, they don't have the same fields. Perhaps their might be a way to do an xml conversion from one to the other. But other than knowing such can be possible, I really don't know how to do it (something on my list to learn).

damned
April 11th, 2020, 00:59
Just curious if this ever got updated?

Thanks for all you do here!!

Sorry - been hammering away at getting MoreCore updates completed and then Ill get this one uploaded.
The list is too long.

Bonkon
April 11th, 2020, 17:42
Sorry - been hammering away at getting MoreCore updates completed and then Ill get this one uploaded.
The list is too long.

LOL I get it, you are among the busiest people on this forum and I appreciate all you do!
I am a player now in a campaign and was prepping for my next run at DMing ans was starting to wet up Waterdeep and saw it was still doing this so thought I would ask :)

damned
April 12th, 2020, 01:41
LOL I get it, you are among the busiest people on this forum and I appreciate all you do!
I am a player now in a campaign and was prepping for my next run at DMing ans was starting to wet up Waterdeep and saw it was still doing this so thought I would ask :)

Definitely this weekend.
I have 2 dice rollers completed and several other MoreCore updates completed but still a couple more bug fixes and one roll.
Once they are uploaded the Player Agency will get uploaded too.
Soon!

sstarsslayer
April 22nd, 2020, 23:57
For the newest version of playeragency.ext, one just downloads the attachment from top post?

damned
April 23rd, 2020, 00:05
For the newest version of playeragency.ext, one just downloads the attachment from top post?

Yes - but a new version is coming today (my today, which could be your today, but might also be tomorrow...).

damned
April 23rd, 2020, 01:19
New version uploaded 20200423

evenfell
April 23rd, 2020, 10:19
Hey, I was about to download the new version. But cant find a file. Is it just me that suddenly have the default vbullentin skin for the forum, and all the download links for modules, extensions and themes are gone?

evenfell
April 23rd, 2020, 10:38
Hmm think I found the problem. When using firefox I just get the default vbullentin skin, and there are no download links on anything. However, when using chrome its the fantasygrounds theme, and all links works

damned
April 23rd, 2020, 10:39
Hmm think I found the problem. When using firefox I just get the default vbullentin skin, and there are no download links on anything. However, when using chrome its the fantasygrounds theme, and all links works

Bottom left hand corner of the page - set the theme to FGResponsive.

sstarsslayer
April 24th, 2020, 01:14
When I load this extension, I lose the ability to drag links into the chat window.
Dragging and dropping an anchor from eg a note will put the plain text name of the note into chat but without the usual link icon.
It does still cause the item to become shared when dropping it into chat.
Disabling PlayerAgency.ext restores link functionality.
Tested on 4E, with FGU.

damned
April 24th, 2020, 01:55
When I load this extension, I lose the ability to drag links into the chat window.
Dragging and dropping an anchor from eg a note will put the plain text name of the note into chat but without the usual link icon.
It does still cause the item to become shared when dropping it into chat.
Disabling PlayerAgency.ext restores link functionality.
Tested on 4E, with FGU.

Can you please check if there are any errors/warnings in the console.log - especially at startup?

sstarsslayer
April 24th, 2020, 02:37
Attached logs after running with and then without extension
Some of the suspect lines occur in both. but the following line only when the extension was enabled:
[4/23/2020 6:17:01 PM] [WARNING] chatwindow: Could not find link icon () in control (chat) in class (chat)

Korav
April 24th, 2020, 02:45
I can confirm the same issue that sstarsslayer reported on 5e and FGC. After opening the console then doing a /reload, I see the following errors:
Runtime Notice: Reloading ruleset
Ruleset Warning: Could not load icon resource (spellshare)
Ruleset Warning: chatwindow: Link icon not defined for control (chat) in windowclass (chat)
Ruleset Warning: chat: Could not find icon (icon)

damned
April 24th, 2020, 05:24
Attached logs after running with and then without extension
Some of the suspect lines occur in both. but the following line only when the extension was enabled:
[4/23/2020 6:17:01 PM] [WARNING] chatwindow: Could not find link icon () in control (chat) in class (chat)

I can confirm the same issue that sstarsslayer reported on 5e and FGC. After opening the console then doing a /reload, I see the following errors:
Runtime Notice: Reloading ruleset
Ruleset Warning: Could not load icon resource (spellshare)
Ruleset Warning: chatwindow: Link icon not defined for control (chat) in windowclass (chat)
Ruleset Warning: chat: Could not find icon (icon)

Thanks guys.
I can replicate the warning but not the actual issue.
See if the newly uploaded version fixes that behavior - please let me know once you have had a chance to confirm.

sstarsslayer
April 24th, 2020, 06:46
You fixed it.

Korav
April 24th, 2020, 12:59
Confirmed fixed!

esmdev
April 24th, 2020, 15:30
So I have an odd problem. This has been with the last two versions of player agency but not the version before.

I can open up the combat tracker, target another character and attack them but nothing is displayed in the chat. I can roll damage, again nothing displayed in the chat. It just sits there. I've tested with no extensions loaded (even took out the simple brown theme) and still nothing.

Incidentally it also does this on skill tests...

The desktop dice do display in chat but instead of saying GM it uses the login name (for instance without player agency it lists the rolls as GM but with it lists my name as esmdev (which is what I setup in the campaign setup).

If I remove player agency it works, if I use 2 versions ago it also works.

There are no script errors

Korav
April 24th, 2020, 18:01
Unfortunately I can again confirm the same problem as esmdev. Starting without PlayerAgency fixes the issue.

Weissrolf
April 24th, 2020, 18:06
Got hit by the same issue during a gaming session today. Fortunately I knew that I only updated this extension and FG itself beforehand, so it was quick to fix.

esmdev
April 24th, 2020, 18:22
Unfortunately I can again confirm the same problem as esmdev. Starting without PlayerAgency fixes the issue.

I am glad (and sad) to know it's not just me and I'm not crazy. :)

damned
April 25th, 2020, 01:04
Sorry guys - this was a change to fix some compatability with some other things - it looks like it didnt work. I will reupload a new version later today. Thanks for the reports.

damned
April 25th, 2020, 06:06
New version uploaded. Unfortunately this will break compatibility with the 2E ruleset and the On Demand Manual Dice extension for now.

SieferSeesSomething
April 27th, 2020, 01:43
Hey, I love the idea of this extension, especially for a campaign that requires my players to solve a mystery or organize the relationship of a bunch of places and people. However, as a player, I'm having an issue with the Dear Diary extension. I'm getting an error whenever I click the edit button on a date, type in something, and then click Submit. Its preventing me from logging anything. It pops up with this on the Console:

Script Error: (string "button_edit_pcdisc"):1:attempt to concatenate a nil value

Any suggestions? Think I'm doing something wrong?

EDIT: Tried the Investigator extension with my player account, too, and had the same error happen when I clicked on the edit button under PC Notes.

EDIT 2: Nevermind. Figured out that it works when I select a character first. Thanks anyway!

damned
April 27th, 2020, 14:51
Hi there SieferSeesSomething

The edit buttons are for PCs to add their notes. The GM can just edit the records normally.
I need to disable the Edit button on the GM view.

SieferSeesSomething
May 8th, 2020, 05:43
Hi there SieferSeesSomething

The edit buttons are for PCs to add their notes. The GM can just edit the records normally.
I need to disable the Edit button on the GM view.

Oh, it's probably cool. I don't even remember if I could see it as a GM. I logged on with a separate player account to my own hosted game to see what the player view was (all the better to explain to them what I've added) but I didn't actually make a character when I did that. I guess that's the reason I was getting those errors. Once I made a character and started editing things it started working. I guess the null error was from not having a character name to stick on top of the entry. Maybe it could use a clearer error message, but it's probably fine.

damned
May 8th, 2020, 13:35
Yeah there is some additional error checking that could be done too....

pr6i6e6st
May 13th, 2020, 19:56
this is great! i always wanted my players to have more note-keeping/collaborating abilities, and only found this one last night. this is fantastic.

one thing that i would consider looking into for future updates, is for the links. if i could ever figure out the StringManager stuff myself, i'd love to do more like this, but it'd be cool if when you type into any other field of the clue windows, that if a word or phrase in there is the same as the name of another clue that exists, that the links field would populate with that link.

so say if my player makes a clue about a "man in red", and some of the info is that he is seen with a "strange symbol", and there is a clue that exists called "strange symbol", then a link for the "strange symbol" clue will appear in the clue for the "man in red". do you know what i mean? so it links associated information. like how links are generated in Realm Works by Lone Wolf Development, but probably to a lesser extent.

damned
May 13th, 2020, 23:53
that would be a fantastic enhancement. it is beyond my ability though - certainly at this stage. you can manually drag links into any field but auto-populating is not likely unfortunately.

ScriedRaven
May 14th, 2020, 02:19
I really like this extension, but it doesn't look like the theme I use (a modified version of the wood theme) and it feels like it's glitching out. I'm trying to switch out the frames, but I can't figure out how to remove this gray box over the top.

damned
May 14th, 2020, 02:43
You cant. Its a 5E thing.

ScriedRaven
May 14th, 2020, 03:05
Really? Because I don't get it for the investigator, only the world builder. Well, with that in mind I can work around that.

damned
May 14th, 2020, 03:11
Of course - it is not true that it cant be fixed. It can be but it is using some generic frames and the generic frame on the default 5E theme adds that grey stripe which as you point out doesnt fit right.
Investigator doesnt have the Groups which is why it doesnt have that Stripe.

ScriedRaven
May 14th, 2020, 04:12
Right, I'd forgotten that this was three extensions merged into one. Thanks for the help. Once I finish do you think it'd be a good idea to share the graphics folder in case anyone else wanted to use it?

damned
May 14th, 2020, 04:50
Please do.

darrenan
May 14th, 2020, 23:57
World Builder entries don't seem to be displaying some field names on the player side. With no other extensions loaded:

Also, should the type (group, place, etc.) be displaying to players as well?

P.S. Love this extension, nice work.

damned
May 15th, 2020, 00:03
Hi Darrenan

The type probably should show. But those other three fields should not show.
By design only the Description and PC Notes are supposed to be visible to players.

ScriedRaven
May 15th, 2020, 00:19
Here's an alternate graphics folder, made with Fantasy Grounds 5e default theme in mind.

darrenan
May 15th, 2020, 00:31
Ok, for your reference those fields were Status, Gender and Race.

darrenan
May 15th, 2020, 00:37
Also your player-editable calendar entries don't play nice with my CalendarPlus extension unfortunately. I get script errors when trying to edit an existing item. I don't expect you to fix this, just thought I'd mention it. I may dig into it if I have time.

damned
May 15th, 2020, 00:40
Ok, for your reference those fields were Status, Gender and Race.

They were some of the most recently added fields and Ive obviously fubar'd them - thanks - ill fix.

damned
May 15th, 2020, 00:42
Here's an alternate graphics folder, made with Fantasy Grounds default theme in mind.

Hi ScriedRaven Ill link these on the front page over the weekend. I cant put them into the extension as they will impact all the other rulesets and themes.
Thanks for doing that.

damned
May 15th, 2020, 00:42
Also your player-editable calendar entries don't play nice with my CalendarPlus extension unfortunately. I get script errors when trying to edit an existing item:

I don't expect you to fix this, just thought I'd mention it. I may dig into it if I have time.

Im not across your Calendar Plus - but lets try and make them play together. Ill look into it somewhat over the weekend.

damned
May 15th, 2020, 15:17
New version 1.08 uploading in 3mins.
Tweaks and bug fixes.
No new features.

GavinRuneblade
May 16th, 2020, 18:38
I can't believe I only just found this. Thank you! As someone who runs a lot of mysteries and whose players often get confused, I know my players will appreciate these options.

Grey Mage
May 16th, 2020, 22:12
Should this work with the PF1 ruleset? If not, how much trouble would it be to adapt it for that?

Mortar
May 16th, 2020, 22:21
It works fine with the PF1 ruleset.

darrenan
May 17th, 2020, 01:21
Im not across your Calendar Plus - but lets try and make them play together. Ill look into it somewhat over the weekend.

I did look at it briefly. I only saw the issue happen once and couldn't figure out how to reproduce the problem. It could have been unrelated to your extension.

damned
May 17th, 2020, 01:48
I did look at it briefly. I only saw the issue happen once and couldn't figure out how to reproduce the problem. It could have been unrelated to your extension.

Calendar Plus probably doesnt display the new PC Notes field?

Grey Mage
May 19th, 2020, 00:05
Running FGC and not seeing it... shows that it loaded in chat box... what am I missing

Mortar
May 19th, 2020, 00:20
Not seeing the sidebar buttons you mean? Turn them on in the Library window. You'll need to have a calendar mod loaded and active for your players to use the Journal/Log entry part.

damned
May 19th, 2020, 00:28
Thanks Mortar!

Grey Mage
May 19th, 2020, 03:07
Doh!

Thanks Mortar... my old brain was just not up to the challenge today.

One of the very best parts of this community is the HELPFUL people!

SieferSeesSomething
May 19th, 2020, 05:16
New version 1.08 uploading in 3mins.
Tweaks and bug fixes.
No new features.

In order to update, do I just need to remove the .ext file I have and replace it with this one? If I do that, will I lose all of the various entries I have?

Also, thanks for keeping up support on this. I really appreciate the work this community's developers do.

damned
May 19th, 2020, 06:55
Yes - normally just copy the new file over but this particular version i fixed the capitalisation in the filename so you might delete the old one and copy in the new one.
The data is stored in the campaign and wont be damaged at all by deleting the extension.

Blackfoot
May 19th, 2020, 17:52
This thing looks very very cool. We fiddled with it a bit the other night in Darrenan's game and I'm hooked.
Several of the features seem like they definitely should be part of the Core functionality for FG.
I'm looking into incorporating them into my rulesets.

One thought .. the 'Submit' window .. would it be handy for it to have some sort of Title that associated it with it's source? I'm wondering if someone might open a couple of these things and not be able to identify which note they were submitting to.

damned
May 20th, 2020, 11:14
One thought .. the 'Submit' window .. would it be handy for it to have some sort of Title that associated it with it's source? I'm wondering if someone might open a couple of these things and not be able to identify which note they were submitting to.

Good point,

Morik
May 21st, 2020, 13:06
Guys, this extension is amazing! Thank you so much! This has really taken a load of work off of me in our Baldur's Gate campaign. I'm running a lot of the early stuff as an investigation. The Investigator section really helps clean up our Notes page!
Our lead (he thinks he's in charge) investigator the legendary (in his mind) stage magician, Gnorm the PheGnominal sends his thanks as well.

Indus101
May 21st, 2020, 14:56
Quick shot out to Damned and everyone helping to make these awesome extensions! They are amazing and make it a lot easier for player's and GM's to handle in-depth campaign stories all within Fantasy Grounds.

Thank you very much for all your hard work!

MacDork
June 4th, 2020, 13:54
Known Issues.

Compatibility with 2E and ondemand manual dice requires a separate extension
Issue with header in 5E default them.
Investigator Script throwing errors - fixed 20200317
Basic User Guide links not correct - fixes 20200317

Has anyone else seen issues w/ the text boxes extending beyond the window borders when in edit mode? If I put more than say.... 50 lines of text into a box, the box grows outside it's containing window.

Any shot at releasing a non-custom-themed version of this? I'd love it to fit in w/ the rest of my theme. It seems that the custom windowing isn't working properly.

Agamon
June 4th, 2020, 16:16
This is very cool.

Any chance on adding an NPC data type to the World Builder?

I get that NPCs are of course already a thing in FG, but to have a descriptive only version that the players can see that doesn't have stats and make notes with would be awesome.

damned
June 4th, 2020, 23:51
Has anyone else seen issues w/ the text boxes extending beyond the window borders when in edit mode? If I put more than say.... 50 lines of text into a box, the box grows outside it's containing window.

Any shot at releasing a non-custom-themed version of this? I'd love it to fit in w/ the rest of my theme. It seems that the custom windowing isn't working properly.

That is a FGU bug rather than a Player Agency bug.
You can replicate this in other Formatted Text fields.
It uses some windowclasses and windows that dont have equivalents in CoreRPG so custom ones needed to be created.

damned
June 4th, 2020, 23:57
This is very cool.

Any chance on adding an NPC data type to the World Builder?

I get that NPCs are of course already a thing in FG, but to have a descriptive only version that the players can see that doesn't have stats and make notes with would be awesome.

Entity is designed to allow you to enter NPC data there.

Fields include:

In Place:
Faction:
Relationships:
Description: (shareable)
GM Notes:
PC Notes: (shareable)(PCs can append notes also)
Alignment:
Goals:

MacDork
June 5th, 2020, 01:46
Aw. Thanks for the reply. I love the functionality.

Agamon
June 5th, 2020, 03:55
Derp. I guess I should have waited until I was able to try the extension before asking that. This looks great, good job, damned!

Milmoor
June 11th, 2020, 20:09
Thanks, looks very promising. Filling out my first World Builder entries. The examples from the original extension also help. A picture is worth a thousand words.

If I create an World Builder entry as a player without publishing, that player and the GM are the only ones who can see that entry. So some ownership is used, but it's not visible in the interface. Is this intended behaviour?

damned
June 12th, 2020, 05:43
That is CoreRPG behavor. Can the GM share the entry?
I wonder - I might be able to add the ()public option that Notes have...

Sarteck
June 12th, 2020, 08:58
I'm really trying to push my players to use this as much as possible. I'll probably have a list of things they wish they could do (or that we just don't know how, yet).

Milmoor
June 12th, 2020, 10:16
@damned
As a GM, I can share an entry created by a player.

I get a Ruleset Waring: window: Anchored static height ignored for control (sendtochat_label) in windowclass (investigator_header) and a similar one for button_chat_pcdisc. I was creating entries from the player side. I had the console open for investigating another issue.

[offtopic: zut alors, just found the copy to clipboard function after I typed the error code]

damned
June 13th, 2020, 00:55
I'm really trying to push my players to use this as much as possible. I'll probably have a list of things they wish they could do (or that we just don't know how, yet).

I think it will take time for most groups. Habits are hard to form.

damned
June 13th, 2020, 00:56
@damned
As a GM, I can share an entry created by a player.

I get a Ruleset Waring: window: Anchored static height ignored for control (sendtochat_label) in windowclass (investigator_header) and a similar one for button_chat_pcdisc. I was creating entries from the player side. I had the console open for investigating another issue.

[offtopic: zut alors, just found the copy to clipboard function after I typed the error code]

Yes there are a couple of height settings that are done incorrectly. I will fix when I work them out :)

Sarteck
June 13th, 2020, 12:48

I think it will take time for most groups. Habits are hard to form.

Question one.

As DM, I see this.

https://i.imgur.com/O0xFEkA.png
Perfect. Even better, I think I can format it, right? If not, still perfect as is.

On my player side, I see this:
https://i.imgur.com/HkaSu4M.png

I wanna give my players more agency. :D I want them to be able to view and (more importantly) edit that information for themselves.

How can I achieve this?

Zacchaeus
June 13th, 2020, 18:52
You'll need to change the extension to make all of the boxes editable by the players; or include all the information in the description and/or PC notes.

damned
June 14th, 2020, 02:35
I wanna give my players more agency. :D I want them to be able to view and (more importantly) edit that information for themselves.

How can I achieve this?

This is working as intended.
Players cannot EDIT information they can APPEND information. Multi-user EDITs is not impossible but it is challenging.
If you want players to see that info - at this stage - also add it into the Player Description field.

Sarteck
June 20th, 2020, 02:43
So if I wanted to edit this myself, if I'm looking at this right, it would be around line 209 in /campaign/scripts/world_main.lua right around "if not User.isHost()", yes?
Maybe possibly in Line 54 of "world.lua" if Non Hosts are able to update with no problem? And similar places in the Investigator scripts? I just want to know if I'm on the right track here. I'm used to scripting languages, but never use LUA really. I'm familiar with Perl, PHP, JavaScript, various Markup languages, etc, and it seems to follow similar patterns, I just have to get used to syntax.

damned
June 20th, 2020, 06:11
the if not User.isHost is to do with making it visible.
making it editable by multiple users is very problematic
first you have to make teh editor the owner, and what happens if someone else starts an edit while you are editing? the owner will be changed to the next person and your edits wont get written.

Sarteck
June 20th, 2020, 11:26
Hmm. I'll look further into it, see what I can do. But making those things visible that I want visible it certainly a first step. :D

jonesdaadi
June 21st, 2020, 00:19
First off thank you damned for this great extension. The world builder part of this extension is extremely useful for a collaborative campaign. One record type that would be nice to have would simply be Other. If it had fields for Description, GM Notes, PC Notes and Images; it could be used for descriptions of food, flora, fauna, customs, races, cultures, or anything else the players or GM creates that would be well served to be linked in other parts of the world builder. I looked at the extension, but feel like it would be beyond me to create this addition, and certainly other GMs could use another place for other types of campaign information. Is this something that is already in the works, or can we add it to a wishlist?

damned
June 21st, 2020, 10:30
Ok Ive added a new feature.
You can now tick a checkbox on all fields except GM Description and these fields will also be available to players that have access to the record.

jonesdaadi please provide some more information.

jonesdaadi
June 21st, 2020, 11:59
Damned, i was just hoping for one more record type in the world builder menu. Something that i could use for everything else in the campaign, Right now, we have a record for a place, a group, an entity, or a religion. In the collaborative campaign my players and i are developing, we have created things like plants, customs, foods, etc. It would be ideal for us to have a fifth category that would be something of a catch-all. Other or whatever. If that category just had the fields for Description, GM Notes, PC Notes and Images, we could enter those extra creative bits into the record.

Also i have not tried out the new feature, but allowing my players to see other fields will be very useful. Thanks again for your hard work.

damned
June 21st, 2020, 13:30
Would these be sufficient?

Other
In Place
Type
Description
GM Notes
PC Notes
Images

damned
June 21st, 2020, 14:45
Ive uploaded another new build - this includes an Other/Misc category.
There was a lot of entries to work thru for todays changes so some bugs may be found.

https://youtu.be/q0gT1WiWYeE

jonesdaadi
June 21st, 2020, 17:32
Damned, thats just what the doctor ordered! Amazingly fast work and the new shareable fields are perfect. This will be a big help for what we have been trying to do with our campaign. Each player in my group is contributing NPCs, names of streets, taverns, flora, historical events, and so on; to detail the city we intend to play our next campaign in. This is exactly what we needed so that the information could be put in fantasy grounds as it is developed and not after the fact. Plus this allows the other players a chance to expand on locations or ideas the other players create. Thanks so much.

Blackfoot
June 22nd, 2020, 13:52
The new checkbox should probably display OUTSIDE the text box rather than on top of it, it tends to look a bit off when displaying over the text when a box is full.

damned
June 23rd, 2020, 09:36
In Races and Classes in MoreCore I have one to the left of the text field and one in the top right as this one uses.
Im still trying to work out which is best.
To complicate it slightly the left positions is already occupied by edit and chat icons on some fields.

Blackfoot
June 23rd, 2020, 13:46
What if you just make the box slightly smaller and put it to the right?

Velenor
June 26th, 2020, 23:07
Thank you very much for your work!!! I was looking for a tool such as this. So great!!!

Sarteck
June 26th, 2020, 23:21
Ok Ive added a new feature.
You can now tick a checkbox on all fields except GM Description and these fields will also be available to players that have access to the record.

jonesdaadi please provide some more information.

Would these be sufficient?

Other
In Place
Type
Description
GM Notes
PC Notes
Images

Ive uploaded another new build - this includes an Other/Misc category.
There was a lot of entries to work thru for todays changes so some bugs may be found.

https://youtu.be/q0gT1WiWYeE

This is EXACTLY what I was hoping for! Still wish I could allow them to edit it, but I understand the limitations there.

damned
June 27th, 2020, 03:18
As Ive not had any bug reports I am going to import these changes into MoreCore.

dellanx
June 27th, 2020, 16:05
Just discovered this wonderful extension, it will be fun to play with. Thanks you damned!

Zeruel_Kagenie
June 27th, 2020, 17:58
EDIT: sorry. Wrong thread.

MassSailor
June 28th, 2020, 07:08
Thanks for this extension, damned - looking forward to using it my campaign!

Encountered an error when a player tries to enter PC notes on World Builder entries that were exported and brought into the campaign as part of a module. Works as expected if player enters PC notes on entries created in the same campaign. Using the latest Player Agency extension and never had the original individual modules.

Player and I are both using FG Classic.

This is the error:

"Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_pcedit.lua"]:87: attempt to concatenate a nil value"

Steps to reproduce:
1. Create World Builder entries and export as part of a module.
2. Load module in a separate campaign.
3. GM shares entry imported in module.
4. Player enters PC notes.
5. Error pops up when hitting "submit" and note is not saved.

damned
June 28th, 2020, 08:53
Welcome MassSailor

Its not something I had tested but I guess it is something that people are likely to do...
The module is read only so the player wont be able to do that.
In the first instance you could drag the module copies to create duplicate instances and they should be appendable but I will need to look at this and see what I can do about creating a proper solution.

MassSailor
June 28th, 2020, 22:39
Thanks, damned - tried it today and players could add notes to a copy dragged in from a module and anything created within the campaign.

If you do look to make entries exportable to a module, would like to also suggest excluding PC notes, if possible. Right now they get exported and copied, which could make for confusing results if used across campaigns.

damned
June 29th, 2020, 07:13
I spent a bunch of time on this today and I think I have the first issue resolved.

Scenario: You create a module of World Builder entries and export it and use it in another campaign.
If you share one of these records it will (once I release the update) let players edit the Module version.
What it wont do is let the players edit any/all records of a player loadable module - the records will still need to be shared.

Second issue about not sharing PC Notes...
At this stage its recommended that you build the content in your Preparation Campaign and export it from there - eg without player involvement in the data yet.
Im investigating a solution for exporting everything except the PC Notes but no promises.

damned
June 30th, 2020, 15:51
When selecting additional fields for players to view they may have to also close and open the record.

If creating content that will be reused I suggest you do it in a campaign reserved for that.

GlennCauthon
June 30th, 2020, 16:47
Sorry if I missed the answer to this in the original post, but is this for Unity, Classic, or both? Thanks in advance!

damned
July 1st, 2020, 00:40
Sorry if I missed the answer to this in the original post, but is this for Unity, Classic, or both? Thanks in advance!

I wrote it on Classic but I believe it should work on Unity too...

MassSailor
July 3rd, 2020, 22:32

Thanks, damned - works like a charm! Not sure if it was intended behavior, but re-exporting the module updates content in the active campaign but keeps any existing PC Notes - which is great! I was worried whether adding new locations to the module would reset all content and it looks like it will be seamless to the players. Much appreciated!

kerrigaj
July 8th, 2020, 23:00
Hi damned - great extension - thank you.

Just wanted to let you know that I have started testing it with the recently released Rolemaster Classic ruleset for Core RPG. I edited the extension.xml file to allow the RolemasterClassic ruleset to show it as an available extension and it loaded fine. Most of it seems to be OK except for an error when using the 'category' button 'Group, Entity, Religion... etc in the World Builder module:

Script Error: [string "campaign/scripts/world_main.lua"]:27: attempt to call field 'update' (a nil value)

Is this a hopeless cause? Thanks for any comments!

damned
July 9th, 2020, 00:38
Hi damned - great extension - thank you.

Just wanted to let you know that I have started testing it with the recently released Rolemaster Classic ruleset for Core RPG. I edited the extension.xml file to allow the RolemasterClassic ruleset to show it as an available extension and it loaded fine. Most of it seems to be OK except for an error when using the 'category' button 'Group, Entity, Religion... etc in the World Builder module:

Script Error: [string "campaign/scripts/world_main.lua"]:27: attempt to call field 'update' (a nil value)

Is this a hopeless cause? Thanks for any comments!

You shouldnt need to edit the file to see it in RMC - it shows up for me as is. However I get the same error you report. This is the only ruleset that reports that error (at least so far). It looks like bReadonly is not supported in RMC for some reason. When you click that cycler it is supposed to show the relevant records for that data type.

kerrigaj
July 9th, 2020, 00:41
I'll let the RMC developer know. I'll also retry with the original unedited extension.xml file - error on my behalf! Thanks.

Dakadin
July 9th, 2020, 06:16
It was related to having the same script name as in CoreRPG so I made an adjustment and it should work fine in the next release of the RMC ruleset.

damned
July 9th, 2020, 06:37
Ahhh - awesome - thanks Dak!

kerrigaj
July 10th, 2020, 13:13
Fine work gents! Damned, not sure if you have been asked this before, but here goes. I love the extension, however, due to the nature of FG, it is only accessible to the players when the GM's server is running. I assume one can export an XML file of the player notes/calendar and world. Are you aware if anyone has developed a parser to convert it to a readable format that could be posted online somewhere (eg html, markdown)? Thanks for any comments.

damned
July 10th, 2020, 14:24
I dont think anything like that exists at this time.
You can export all those records but it will export both Player and GM records.

kerrigaj
July 11th, 2020, 12:59
Damned - that was what I thought. Thanks for the response. BTW, I developed sidebar icons in keeping with the standard 5E theme if you or anyone wanted them.

Theros
July 22nd, 2020, 09:14
I was testing calendar functionality where players can make their own notes. When I did press Submit, I got following error message (I am using GURPS ruleset): Script Error: (string "button_pcsubmit_pclognotes"): 1 : attempt to concatenate a nil value .

I got same error message in Forbidden Lands too (MoreCore). Error message pops up when I click Edit.

damned
July 22nd, 2020, 10:02
We're you testing as player or GM?
That is player functionality and may edit if the GM tries it. I thought I had disabled the GM from seeing those controls.

eriktedesco
July 24th, 2020, 18:26
Is Player Agency compatible with FGU?

damned
July 25th, 2020, 02:11
Yes it is.

Weepdrag
July 27th, 2020, 23:56
Cool little extension. Any plan to incorporate shops/stores within the extension. I was a previous user of the "locations" ext and that was one of its niftiest features.

Thanks for all you do!

damned
July 28th, 2020, 00:24
Hi Weepdrag I do not have any plans for a shop.
I think Mattekure posted a shop on DMsGuild recently.
One of my fellow community devs has expressed an interest in making a Player Agency compatible Shop but he has a lot on his plate right now so I dont know if that will happen or when.

Weepdrag
July 28th, 2020, 00:35
Thanks Damned, I checked out Mattekure's extension and have some concerns about conflicts and integration issues. I'm a firm believer in the fewer extensions is better thought line (less is more).

doredras
July 30th, 2020, 00:46
Hey Damned , fantastic extension, thanks.

Ran into a little issue that took me a while to debug and made me feel like an idiot when I figured out the cause: if a plyer connects to the table and tries to edit a Diary entry before selecting their character they get an 'attempt to concatenate a nil value' error both when beginning the edit and when trying to save. Assuming this is due to the extension trying to get a name to append to the note and finding only a nil value.

The graceful behavior would maybe be to suppress the edit button if no PC selected? But then again it's an uncommon scenario so >shrug<.

//When clicking the button to begin an edit

//When submitting that edit
Script Error: [string "button_pcsubmit_pclognotes"]:1: attempt to concatenate a nil value

damned
July 30th, 2020, 01:03
Hi doredras you are correct on both counts. Ill disable/hide button if there is no Character selected.

doredras
July 30th, 2020, 01:11
Sounds great, thanks damned!

Also, for anyone wondering, Player Agency seems to play nicely with darrenan's 'Calendar Plus' timeline extension (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?46743-Calendar-Plus-Extension). A nice combo! There's no edit button in the Timeline view of course, but easy enough to go find the thing you want to edit in the Calendar or All Logs views.

damned
August 2nd, 2020, 14:57
World Builder now supports a page of rollable stats - one section that are visible and usable (but not editable) by players and another section that is GM only.

esmdev
August 2nd, 2020, 18:45

I'm curious what sort of things the rollable stats might be used for?

LordEntrails
August 2nd, 2020, 19:12
I'm curious what sort of things the rollable stats might be used for?
Detailing a kingdom, or a ship, or a caravan, or pretty much anything that you want to track that would not fit on a normally PC or NPC sheet. Since it is basically a build your own sheet, you can put any info you want into it, and then assign die rolls to them as well.

esmdev
August 2nd, 2020, 19:14
Detailing a kingdom, or a ship, or a caravan, or pretty much anything that you want to track that would not fit on a normally PC or NPC sheet. Since it is basically a build your own sheet, you can put any info you want into it, and then assign die rolls to them as well.

So like weather, or random events and such? Sounds great.

LordEntrails
August 2nd, 2020, 19:56
So like weather, or random events and such? Sounds great.
Sure, or kingdom income. Or to track hull points, or crew morale or anything else that may have a numerical value. Not everything needs to have a roll associated with it, but it can :)

damned
August 2nd, 2020, 23:05
Yep. It wont be used by everyone or for every object but if you find yourself needing another way to track info this might be it.
The fields are [Name] [Dice if allocated] [Modifier] [Score]
The Score doesnt do anything other than report. Maybe you have Hull Points and 28 in score or maybe you have Alchemy 2d10 +2 13 and when it reports it will say

Gandalf | Laboratory | Alchemy [13] 9+2 11

and in a Roll Over system you would see it was a failure.

Mytherus
August 3rd, 2020, 19:41
Finally got around to using this particularly world builder. Its fantastic. Right up my alley for a new campaign (homebrew) I'm working on..thanks for making this.

Thorsen
August 4th, 2020, 16:54
I'm new using the Forums so I don't know if I'm allowed to share my edited version of this. All I did was adding the sidebar buttons that I've made to match the 5e buttons.
Let me know if I can share the edited extension for those who might want it.

I'm not a pro so the image editing is not perfect, but they match the theme and have the button press effect as well.

damned
August 5th, 2020, 00:27
Welcome Thorsen - please just include an extension that loads after this one and replaces the sidebar only.

Milmoor
August 13th, 2020, 21:09
I'm new using the Forums so I don't know if I'm allowed to share my edited version of this. All I did was adding the sidebar buttons that I've made to match the 5e buttons.

I'm not a pro so the image editing is not perfect, but they match the theme and have the button press effect as well.

Looks good. Will you create an additional extenstion for it? I would use it.

doredras
August 16th, 2020, 00:36
Hey folks. Loving this extension, but I'm struggling with a little issue and I'm wondering how others have solved it.

After creating and sharing a bunch of World Builder entries with players, the list for them is becoming difficult to navigate without categorization. The groups I define as a GM and place entries into aren't shared with players, and they can't create groups themselves. Has anyone come up with a good strategy for organization on the player side?

Lensman
August 16th, 2020, 08:52

I would also use the extension, if you were to create it :D

damned
August 17th, 2020, 14:31
Hey folks. Loving this extension, but I'm struggling with a little issue and I'm wondering how others have solved it.

After creating and sharing a bunch of World Builder entries with players, the list for them is becoming difficult to navigate without categorization. The groups I define as a GM and place entries into aren't shared with players, and they can't create groups themselves. Has anyone come up with a good strategy for organization on the player side?

If you export the entries as a Module then the Categories are retained.
There are other caveats that this introduces - some of them are explained a couple of pages back in I think.

Basically it is a limitation/design of CoreRPG.

damned
August 17th, 2020, 14:33
Otherwise have the player start a Note and create Headings in the note and then drag the entries into the note under the correct heading.

doredras
August 21st, 2020, 20:58
If you export the entries as a Module then the Categories are retained.
There are other caveats that this introduces - some of them are explained a couple of pages back in I think.

Basically it is a limitation/design of CoreRPG.

This is helpful, I hadn't thought about the module working to preserve groups.

Blackfoot
October 14th, 2020, 17:32
I've played quite a bit with the World Builder but hadn't really messed with the Investigator too much.

Upon trying it out today.. (and I reloaded the latest updated version 1.12) it seems that the locks don't work quite right in the Investigator windows.
I open the window.. and try and lock it.. the fields remain editable.. if I leave it locked and close it.. when I open it again the fields are locked... and do not unlock when I unlock it.. if I leave it unlocked and close it.. then when I open it up again.. the fields are unlocked.... yes there is a work around.. but it seems pretty cumbersome.

Neovirtus
October 14th, 2020, 19:46
Wishing there was a fully populated World Builder module with the Eberron setting. Would be a huge help to a new Eberron DM trying to prep wayyyy too much lol. If anyone is interested in collaborating on that let me know!

Zacchaeus
October 14th, 2020, 21:29
Wishing there was a fully populated World Builder module with the Eberron setting. Would be a huge help to a new Eberron DM trying to prep wayyyy too much lol. If anyone is interested in collaborating on that let me know!

This would not be legal for obvious copyright reasons.

LordEntrails
October 17th, 2020, 18:36
For those settings released on the DMsGuild, one should be able to make a World Builder module. Presuming the license on this extension allows it AND the module has predominantly new material and not just reformatting existing content.

Neovirtus
October 20th, 2020, 17:25
This would not be legal for obvious copyright reasons.

I don't think the copywrite legalities are obvious.

It is legal to reformat published content you own for your own purposes. Obviously collaborating with others gets into a grey area as that would necessitate some "distribution" of content to other users. However if you limited the World Builder module to not include direct copy-paste from published content it might be DMsGuild legal, as LordEntrails mentions.

Either way, I'm not interested in publishing it. I'm just looking to make an Eberron World Builder module for my own use.

damned
October 21st, 2020, 01:37
I dont see anything grey here at all. You have different scenarios in the one post.

You can reformat it for your own use. As soon as you collaborate it is not for your own use. If you do it all yourself and keep it to yourself its legal.
DMsGuild has its own guidelines and licenses and you should follow those to the letter.
If its for your own use and not published under some licensing agreement then you cannot collaborate or share a finished (or unfinished) product that contains someone elses copyright protected material.

Tokolosh
October 21st, 2020, 15:40
Hi damned,

First off, LOVE this extension, World Builder should be part of the core interface, if you ask me. I'm having trouble with the Checkboxes though - even when I check them, my players can't see the records. I'm running Unity if that makes a difference? Also, I'm an Ultimate license and my players are all Demos, so there's potentially a couple of things that could have gone weird there, maybe?

Thanks for a great extension, and hope you know what's happened.

Cheers,

- Toko.

Neovirtus
October 21st, 2020, 23:04
If its for your own use and not published under some licensing agreement then you cannot collaborate or share a finished (or unfinished) product that contains someone elses copyright protected material.

Interesting, so in order to work with someone else I would have to be looking to publish it through DM's Guild. The second you stop wanting to make money on it, it becomes illegal. Strange.

damned
October 22nd, 2020, 00:46
The second you want to share something that you dont have a licensing agreement or explicit permission then it becomes illegal.
Money has nothing to do with it.

damned
October 22nd, 2020, 00:47
Hi damned,

First off, LOVE this extension, World Builder should be part of the core interface, if you ask me. I'm having trouble with the Checkboxes though - even when I check them, my players can't see the records. I'm running Unity if that makes a difference? Also, I'm an Ultimate license and my players are all Demos, so there's potentially a couple of things that could have gone weird there, maybe?

Thanks for a great extension, and hope you know what's happened.

Cheers,

- Toko.

You need to share the record first.
If they have the record open when you enable additional fields they will need to close and reopen the record.

Tokolosh
October 23rd, 2020, 04:02
You need to share the record first.
If they have the record open when you enable additional fields they will need to close and reopen the record.

Hi, damned, I just had a player log on and then unshared the record and unchecked all the boxes, then I shared the record again, and checked the boxes then had the player open the record and no joy. What am I missing? Thanks again,

- Toko.

damned
October 23rd, 2020, 04:03
Whats your alias and ill connect?

Tokolosh
October 23rd, 2020, 05:41
Whats your alias and ill connect?

I'm Tokolosh there, same as here. How/when do you want to do this?

Blackfoot
October 29th, 2020, 23:33
I've played quite a bit with the World Builder but hadn't really messed with the Investigator too much.

Upon trying it out today.. (and I reloaded the latest updated version 1.12) it seems that the locks don't work quite right in the Investigator windows.
I open the window.. and try and lock it.. the fields remain editable.. if I leave it locked and close it.. when I open it again the fields are locked... and do not unlock when I unlock it.. if I leave it unlocked and close it.. then when I open it up again.. the fields are unlocked.... yes there is a work around.. but it seems pretty cumbersome.

Did you see this one damned?

StylinLP38
November 2nd, 2020, 03:44
Help please. I am a total noob at creating modules even though I owned FGC for 3 years. Now I am in FGU. I successfully installed the ext Player Agency. Created a Keep(village). Now it is sitting in the "World Builder" menu in a Group I created. All good so far. So I went to my "Story" menu and deleted the original Keep article thinking that the new one would replace it. But I can't drag and drop the Keep from Work Builder menu to the Story menu. Im trying to follow the correct process in creating a module per the FG youtube videos. What am I doing wrong?
I provided a screenshot below.

damned
November 2nd, 2020, 04:55
Worldbuilder data is not Story data - just like NPCs and Items are not. They are each different data types and they each live in their own sections with others of their ilk.

damned
November 2nd, 2020, 04:56
Did you see this one damned?

Sorry I did see it.
I was struggling with the record lock on those and havent had a chance to revisit it at this stage.

Blackfoot
November 2nd, 2020, 12:59
Sorry I did see it.
I was struggling with the record lock on those and havent had a chance to revisit it at this stage.OK. Cool. Just wanted to be sure you were aware of the issue.

Karidain
November 8th, 2020, 11:01
Great work Damned
Love the vid as well

Aedus Amaterasu
November 9th, 2020, 19:56
I am getting these Ruleset Warning in the console when trying to use the Investigator:

It happens anytime I do anything with it, resize the window, clicking on a input field, or type a letter into a input field.
When doing any of these things the console just get spammed like crazy with ruleset warnings.
I don't know if this is a issue, or not but I thought I would mention it just in case.

Zacchaeus
November 9th, 2020, 20:13
Are you using the version that's linked in the first post in this thread? Investigator is included now in the Payer Agency extension rather than a stand alone extensions.

Aedus Amaterasu
November 9th, 2020, 20:37
Are you using the version that's linked in the first post in this thread? Investigator is included now in the Payer Agency extension rather than a stand alone extensions.

Yes, everything else in the extension works fine. Its only when I open the investigator part of the extension that those console warnings pop up for.

Added a screenshot example. All of those warnings where just from creating a new item in the investigator and typing the title test.

Zacchaeus
November 9th, 2020, 20:59
I see from your screenshot you have a bunch of other extensions loaded; try in a new campaign with just the Player Agency extension and see if you get the same error. If you don't then the problem is interference from one or more of the other extensions that you are using. I'm not seeing any issues.

Aedus Amaterasu
November 9th, 2020, 22:09
I see from your screenshot you have a bunch of other extensions loaded; try in a new campaign with just the Player Agency extension and see if you get the same error. If you don't then the problem is interference from one or more of the other extensions that you are using. I'm not seeing any issues.

That be the issue. It is a conflict with another extension(s). I had thought I already check that but apparently not, my bad lol. I don't know which one(s) it conflicts with I use a lot of extensions. Will take awhile to figure it out.

Update: Actually I am still having the same problem. I used my extension test campaign and added the same extensions my campaign has and removed them one by one and when I got to Player Agency being the only extension I was still seeing the same warnings so I created a brand new campaign just in case with only Player Agency added and still have the same warnings in the console.

damned
November 10th, 2020, 00:52
Thanks for the info - Warnings will not cause the Console to open - only Errors.
You can close the Console and you wont see them :)

I have a few things to do in this extension but Im working on other things right now and dont have any ETA.

Aedus Amaterasu
November 10th, 2020, 01:00
Thanks for the info - Warnings will not cause the Console to open - only Errors.
You can close the Console and you wont see them :)

I have a few things to do in this extension but Im working on other things right now and dont have any ETA.

Thanks for the reply and that's good to know. Just wanted to let you know about it just in case.
Thanks for your help to Zacchaeus.

It is a wonderful extension. I am using the hell of it in my campaign. Thanks for making it!

damned
November 10th, 2020, 02:50
Awesome. Great to hear :)

SmokeMeowt
November 13th, 2020, 03:15
Okay so, Player Agency is the single most useful extension for this entire program. I have hundreds of places, hundreds of entities, dozens of groups and an entire pantheon of gods made using this extension. Thank you for making and providing it for the community.

However, yesterday I updated to the most most recent version, not knowing it had been out for weeks, and I was unaware of the changes to the Notes section, which I thoroughly enjoy, but I lost hundreds upon hundreds of entries in the Notes section upon updating. I was wondering if you still had an older version available to send, as I replaced the EXT files upon downloading, and I could extract that text and rework it in with the new functionalities.

Thanks again!

damned
November 13th, 2020, 03:24
Hi SmokeMeowt

Refresh my memory about the change(s)?

damned
November 13th, 2020, 03:26
Ive got plenty of old versions - not sure which one you need...

Milmoor
November 13th, 2020, 11:06
I'm not using this extension as much as I should. It's very usefull, and the limit is my time and mood ;). Thanks.

I'm using quite a few extensions and keeping them all updated is a bit af a chore. Would you mind using https://www.dmsguild.com/product/327667/Mad-Nomads-3rd-Party-Updater? This checks if extenstions are out of date, using a centralised list which authors can update when a new version is available.

SmokeMeowt
November 14th, 2020, 03:12
Ive got plenty of old versions - not sure which one you need...

So the last version I used had the basic Notes section on the World Builder entries. After the update, the Notes section was filled in with the Public and GM Stats input areas. I had input filler information in the Notes of hundreds of entries. I like the stats input more than the basic, so I just want to harvest any necessary text and then revert back to the newest version.\

Thanks for the response!

damned
November 14th, 2020, 08:17
can you send me your db.xml - put it on onedrive or something and PM or email me the link

tintagel
November 16th, 2020, 15:57
This extension is just lovely - in concept. I'm trying to use it with Savage Worlds Deluxe edition and no fields are shared - only the PC Notes. Even if I check the radio buttons for each and share the record.

damned
November 16th, 2020, 21:04
If the player closes and reopens the record what happens?

tintagel
November 16th, 2020, 21:49
Same thing. Opened and closed, Shared and unshared/reshared. Checked/unchecked the fields. Logged off and back on again. Same thing. Can see the PC notes but nothing else on any record.

For what it's worth, the Diary and Investigation Tools work fine. The World Builder works for the GM in all other ways.

damned
November 16th, 2020, 22:03
can you do a quick test for me in 5e or CoreRPG and tell me if you get the same result?
and what version of SaWo are you using?

tintagel
November 17th, 2020, 00:06
Sorry for the delay. Dinner and such called.

I first tried a brand new Savage Worlds v5.2.8 campaign with NO extensions or modules (except Player Agency of course). Same problems as above.

Created a brand new 5E Campaign (no other mods/extensions) - worked BEAUTIFULLY.

damned
November 17th, 2020, 00:23
Hi thanks for that tintagel that helps.

I will look into this with SaWo5 but it might not be real quick as there is a bunch of other things on my plate.
I generally dont use SaWo so dont usually test stuff there either...
I will get to it just not right away.

tintagel
November 17th, 2020, 00:27
Thanks for any help you can provide, even if I need to edit some files myself. Should I post this on the SWADE forums?

Tokolosh
November 18th, 2020, 14:38
Hi, damned & tintagel!

I'm having the same problem here, man, and I'm a fellow Savage Worlds GM - I never thought of blaming ruleset issues because everything else was working so well, and the players could access Investigator and stuff. Mind you, I'm still just in the first stages of getting my players to use most of the character sheet functionality in FG (I just converted them over during the pandemic, and then had to talk them all into going to Unity), so getting feedback from them has been tricky. The Worldbuilder is a fantastic tool, though, and I'm using it extensively for myself, I just wish I could share the stuff I'd checkboxed with them.

Really, if I could change anything else, I'd make the field names re-nameable, so that I'm not stuck with an "Alignment" entry for each "Entity" record when not running D&D (I'm currently using it for a cheap joke at the expense of the NPC in question, though, so it's not like I'm not having fun).

Fingers crossed to get this sorted!

- Toko

damned
November 18th, 2020, 21:10
Thanks for the confirmation Tokolosh

mikegraf
November 26th, 2020, 23:11
Hi, just wanted to firstly say how much I like PlayerAgency (more specifically the WorldBuilder component) and wish this was part of the FGU package... found it by accident and have started using it to fill in my campaign information.

Everything was working perfectly until the last patch, and since then I have found an odd behaviour in drop down lists that only arises if the PlayerAgency extension is loaded (I have removed all other extensions and verified it was just PA).

Game System used: Rolemaster Classic (before I raise this in the RMC forum, thought I would check here since it is repeatable with PA loaded and does not happen when PA is not loaded)

Behaviour: with PA loaded, some drop down fields (and the best/easiest one to test with is the Item customisation fields) are not selectable, and seem to be text entry fields instead.

This is what happens without PA loaded (no extensions loaded). As you can see, the top field is a drop down that allows selection of which attach table to use.

With PA loaded, that field becomes "text like" - in fact, it seems that every first selection/drop down list in each subsection of the Item panel acts similarly. It affects both entry fields on that line (being Table name and Max Rank/Size). The next fields do not seem affected.

Am absolutely unsure why this happens with only some fields but thought I would check here to see if it is some interaction that PA is causing.

Thank you

damned
November 26th, 2020, 23:34
Hi mikegraf

Dakadin has alerted me to an issue between this extension and Rolemaster.
It will be addressed sometime soon...

mikegraf
November 26th, 2020, 23:57
Hi mikegraf

Dakadin has alerted me to an issue between this extension and Rolemaster.
It will be addressed sometime soon...

You guys are amazing and I cannot overstate how much I appreciate the quick response.

mikegraf
November 29th, 2020, 08:07
@damned Wanted to add that apart from the text field and selection issue, seems that with Player Agency ext loaded, Shield DB is not being added in Combat Resolution.

Would you let Dakadin know this please so he can look into this as well.

Thanks

Dakadin
December 1st, 2020, 07:31
I will look into that mikegraf.

Ahzad
December 6th, 2020, 22:24
This is a great extension. I just ran across it a week ago and it's just what I've been wanting. If I would have any quibble with it is the Religion tab/heading. I would have called it something a bit more encompassing b/c it works well for factions and other types of organizations and I keep putting things in that aren't religions.

damned
December 6th, 2020, 23:14
Religions has religion specific field like Deity
Groups would include Factions etc

dracosm
December 8th, 2020, 11:03
The extension is FG Unity compatible at present? Thanks for the awesome work!

Zacchaeus
December 8th, 2020, 12:13
Yes, it works in Unity

mikegraf
December 8th, 2020, 14:20
There is an issue with Rolemaster rule set however that is being addressed that limits its use unfortunately.

SmokeMeowt
December 11th, 2020, 19:51
can you send me your db.xml - put it on onedrive or something and PM or email me the link

Sorry for delayed response, I hope it’s not too late haha. Yes I can have that sent out to by this evening if that sound suitable to you.

EDIT: if it would expedite the process, perhaps you could just link me to the very last version before you altered the Notes section to become the Stats section. I could quickly see if I could recover the text that way.

Ardem
December 14th, 2020, 04:42
The issue with rolemaster is affects other dropdowns because player agency changes the default core rpg label_column field in the template world

This is from Dakadin on Rolemaster

"If I remember correctly, you have some programming experience so here is a bit more information. Basically it's a template in the extension that matches one in CoreRPG so it is overwriting the one that the RMC ruleset is inheriting from CoreRPG. I believe the template is label_column. You could try just renaming all instances of label_column including the definition in the extension and see if that fixes it for you. I seem to remember it fixed it for me when I did some testing a few months ago."

<template name="label_column">
<label>
<anchored>
<top parent="columnanchor" anchor="bottom" relation="current" offset="7" />
<left offset="0" />
<right offset="0" />
</anchored>
</label>
</template>

I am not sure if it ever wise to change a default template from Core. I think it always best to add a new name and bring the inheritance across.

--------------------------------

Having said that I worked around the dropdowns not working by drag and drop and not using the dropdown. This is too much of an awesome extension not to use I run my whole campaign off it and would be lost without it now.

damned
December 14th, 2020, 04:55
Sorry RMC guys - its getting close to the top of my list again.

Dakadin
December 14th, 2020, 06:33
No need to apologize. We know you are busy. I think it only becomes obvious in the RMC ruleset because of the drop down list attached to the same line.

Tokolosh
December 14th, 2020, 06:47
Fingers crossed for Savage Worlds as well!

This extension is brilliant, thanks again!

- ToKo.

Tokolosh
December 16th, 2020, 03:40
Hey all. So, I just ran our ETU game, and my players now report to me that all the checkboxed information is now visible to them - which is amazing since I'm honestly not sure what's changed. We've had a few software updates, but nothing I could see changed in the SWADE ruleset... SO not complaining, though, since they now have access to the records just fine.

Thanks again, and all's well that ends well!

- ToKo.

damned
December 16th, 2020, 04:19
Huzzah! At first I thought you were telling me another bug. I like this post better!

Tokolosh
December 16th, 2020, 17:16
Huzzah! At first I thought you were telling me another bug. I like this post better!

Lol! Same here! SO much better when there's only good news to report! I do wonder what changed in the software that suddenly opened the floodgates, but like I said, I'm SO not complaining. Keep up the great work, and thanks again!

- ToKo

StylinLP38
December 17th, 2020, 03:39
World Builder extension Pin on battlemap isnt clickable on the player side.

1. I share the map with the player
2. I share the Pin on the map with the player
3. Player see's the green pin
4. Player clicks on green pin
5. Error message that the Module is not loaded.

I then tried to share the module with the player. He LOADED the module. But same error message.

RuleSet: Castles & Crusades
Fantasy Grounds Unity

DM PC: Windows 10
Player PC: Mac

Other Extensions: Player Agency, Theater of the Mind

similarly
December 19th, 2020, 13:28
I'm just starting to use player agency and have a question and a suggestion.
Fantasy Grounds Unity
D&D 5e

Investigator
Question: Editing impossible? After I make a new item in investigator, I cannot edit the actual message. I can change the title and select or unselect the "public" option, but can't edit the data as DM. Is this by design? I also don't see the icon that allows notes to be added. As you see here, it's unlocked, but the fields aren't editable, and there's no icon next to PC notes.

World Builder
Suggestion: Event. I know I can make events in the calendar, and I know in World Builder, I can have groups, religions, and entities, but it would be helpful to also have events. I'm running The Waterdeep Dragon Heist, and it would be cool to have events, since my version of the adventure has a LOT of history going back 20 years, and searching the calendar might be problematic. Just a thought.

Echomikedelta
December 20th, 2020, 06:44
A History section in Entity would be a fantastic addition to this extension. Its kinda hard to write up an entity and have no background on it.

similarly
December 26th, 2020, 09:54
Investigator
Question: Editing impossible? After I make a new item in investigator, I cannot edit the actual message. I can change the title and select or unselect the "public" option, but can't edit the data as DM. Is this by design? I also don't see the icon that allows notes to be added. As you see here, it's unlocked, but the fields aren't editable, and there's no icon next to PC notes.

Okay! I just figured this out. It was in the thread, but it just didn't sink in. In order to edit an investigator item, I need to unlock, then CLOSE the record, the OPEN the record and I can edit the fields.

damned
December 26th, 2020, 16:11
Okay! I just figured this out. It was in the thread, but it just didn't sink in. In order to edit an investigator item, I need to unlock, then CLOSE the record, the OPEN the record and I can edit the fields.

Unfortunately that is a bug...
Its not intended process!

similarly
December 26th, 2020, 23:54
No worries! But at least it works!

similarly
December 31st, 2020, 00:38
Just a quick note that Clock Adjuster (found here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?57561-Utility-Clock-Adjuster) does not work with PAE's "dear diary" function. Disabled "dear diary", since they both do basically the same thing. The difference is that I think dear diary allows players to add things to the calendar, while clock adjuster does not ... it seems.

EDIT: WHOOPS! Totally wrong. Just looks different! Everything is there and works!

mikegraf
January 6th, 2021, 07:45
Sorry RMC guys - its getting close to the top of my list again.

Happy New Year Damned....

Just wondering whether you have a view on when this might be on the "to do" list for a fix?

Thanks

kuthulu
January 11th, 2021, 21:11
Damned, this is great. I just started using the World Builder in my campaign and it helps a lot. Keep up the great work!

kuthulu
January 12th, 2021, 16:04
How awesome would it be to integrate these World Builder templates with WorldAnvil articles. Then I would only have to write once instead of copy/pasting from FGU into World Anvil.

Dakadin
January 18th, 2021, 01:16
Hi mikegraf,

I just adjusted the RMC ruleset so it shouldn't be an issue with the next release.

Dakadin

mikegraf
January 18th, 2021, 01:17
Hi mikegraf,

I just adjusted the RMC ruleset so it shouldn't be an issue with the next release.

Dakadin

Thank you

Regards

Mike

houseofdexter
January 24th, 2021, 02:49
Wow...just started using this...very well done. Thanks.

Noelus
January 26th, 2021, 16:20
Hi, Firstly thanks for an excellent extension. I just wondered if you were aware that the help manual links that populate in the chat window at load don't currently work

damned
January 26th, 2021, 20:18
They do work. Your IP address (more likely the network you are on) has most likely been blocked by that servers firewall...

mikegraf
January 27th, 2021, 06:41
Hi mikegraf,

Dakadin

Dakadin,

just wondering when this fix for the drop downs might be released?

Thanks

Dakadin
January 27th, 2021, 07:45
It got pushed back a week because I found a bug after the Friday deadline that I needed to fix. It should be next week if I don't break something else. ;)

Noelus
January 29th, 2021, 14:08
Hi,
I wonder if it could be possible with this extension for players to create new groups, or at least be able to view groups for entries? I have created groups as a DM to make the growing number of entries easier to search through, but these groups do not display for the player. Is this intentional or could it be changed?

damned
January 29th, 2021, 22:46
This is a limitation of CoreRPG and not one that is very easy to overcome. If you export your content as a Module and set to Allow Player Load the players should be able to see the content in groups. This is fine for true World Builder stuff that you have prebuilt but doesnt work as well for stuff that you are fleshing out as you go as I *think* you will lose player edits each time... it would be great if you could test that and report back...

Noelus
January 29th, 2021, 23:50
This is a limitation of CoreRPG and not one that is very easy to overcome. If you export your content as a Module and set to Allow Player Load the players should be able to see the content in groups. This is fine for true World Builder stuff that you have prebuilt but doesnt work as well for stuff that you are fleshing out as you go as I *think* you will lose player edits each time... it would be great if you could test that and report back...

Sure thing. I'll certainly try. Never actually exported anything before so will need to get my head round that but I presume its fairly straightforward.

Update: Have successfully exported World Builder Data and then loaded it as a player, can confirm groups are now showing. However if the player tries to add any text the following pops up in the DM chat window and the edit fails.

Update: Apologies the edit is saved but the chat window still throws up that text I posted. Can confirm that the edits are still there on both DM and player side after a program restart. So the only problem is the chunk of text that fills the chat window whenever a player adds an edit.

damned
January 30th, 2021, 00:46
so the GM side display is Debug and I need to remove that.
its possible there is no fix for client side edits on Module content.
the code is very specific in how it writes data to the database but the module content is not in the database...

short answer... you can probably have Groups or Editing...

mikegraf
January 31st, 2021, 08:41
This is a limitation of CoreRPG and not one that is very easy to overcome. If you export your content as a Module and set to Allow Player Load the players should be able to see the content in groups.

Finally installed a "test user" account on a 2nd PC to see what exactly my players see in WB entries (which I love to use as general world information).

If I allow player load, they can see all entries that are in the WB database, but only see the individual fields within each entry that are marked (with the tick in the little circle - Rolemaster game set by the way).

Though this means they can only see "details" which I have markled, the fact they can see entry titles is a bit of concern.
Is there any way so that they only see entries that have some fields marked with content for them?

If I do not allow them to load the module, I can then limit what entries they see but I need to share every entry and the categorisation seems not to be there, which is a much less preferable option (for me and for them).

damned
January 31st, 2021, 08:50
What you are saying is correct. That is how CoreRPG works and that dictates how everything built on top of that works.
I think your best option is to lose the categories view for players.

similarly
January 31st, 2021, 08:51
Hi,
I wonder if it could be possible with this extension for players to create new groups, or at least be able to view groups for entries? I have created groups as a DM to make the growing number of entries easier to search through, but these groups do not display for the player. Is this intentional or could it be changed?

I actually do two things to organize information. One, I put a group in the title. For example, in "investigator", a title might look like: "Waterdeep - Factions - Red Guard" so they can see all factions. Then, within the information, I put links to related cards, so under "Waterdeep - Factions - Red Guard" I'll put links to things like the investigator card for the leader, which links back to the group card, or rival gangs, or hideouts, etc. This way, they can get to the related info quickly.

Noelus
January 31st, 2021, 14:11
One other question then. Would it be possible to create the option to filter by type as can be done with NPC entries for example? Being able to filter the list for places, entities etc would be very helpful.

damned
February 1st, 2021, 01:22
That is a great suggestion and may well work. Im not going to get a chance to look at it for some time though...

TheFluffyDM
February 12th, 2021, 05:51
OH, this will be great thanks a million! Can I drop a donation off somewhere?