PDA

View Full Version : Player Agency Extension

Pages : 1 [2]

xTheCanadian
February 17th, 2021, 01:39
Does anyone know if today's update broke this extension? Specifically, the Worldbuilder part? It's one of my favorite extensions and my players love it too!

damned
February 17th, 2021, 03:08
I don't think anything in world builder should break...

xTheCanadian
February 17th, 2021, 03:25
Great! Thanks, I just wasn't sure because they said something about this update being a big one that will break a lot of extensions. I'm not smart about this kind of stuff so I figured it was best to ask before updating anything.

damned
February 17th, 2021, 03:34
Wait 24hrs and I'll confirm.

xTheCanadian
February 17th, 2021, 03:41
Wait 24hrs and I'll confirm.

Great! Thank you very much!

similarly
February 17th, 2021, 12:28
I can confirm everything works great! All my investigator and world builder notes are still there and functional.

damned
February 17th, 2021, 12:44
Im pretty confident it is safe to update wrt this extension.

xTheCanadian
February 17th, 2021, 13:08
Wonderful! Thank you fine folks for testing that out!

I appreciate it a whole lot :D

wtripp08
February 23rd, 2021, 00:01
Hi Damned! I'm sorry to say that adding this extension to the 2e ruleset breaks everything for me. All dice rolls no longer show up in the chat window. Celestian is the one that told me to remove it.

damned
February 23rd, 2021, 00:10
We both do things with the chat window and this means that the 2E ruleset and this extension are butting heads and breaking each other - sorry.
Ill have another chat with Mike later on and see if there is something that can be done but Im not confident there is.

wtripp08
February 23rd, 2021, 00:55
Thanks for the very quick response!

Noelus
March 1st, 2021, 18:28
Don't know if anyone has already addressed this but I discovered today that if Player Agency ext is enabled I can no longer add audio triggers in Audio Overseer as the add match button is no longer visible. If I disable Player Agency it appears again.

Teotimus
March 1st, 2021, 19:41
This has been happening for some time now, so if there's any way to solve it, I'm interested...

damned
March 2nd, 2021, 12:07
Both of these extensions modify a common piece of code.
This causes them to clash...

Tearstone
March 12th, 2021, 16:17
Is there documentation on how exactly to use to rollable stats portion of this, and actually make them rollable/usable?

damned
March 12th, 2021, 22:04
First click on [+] to Add a Category
Then click on [Edit] and then [+] next to the category you want to add Stats to
Drag a Dice or multiple dice to the new Stat entry and that dice will be come rollable
The Red Field is a Modifier and will be applied to the dice rolled
The larger number field is for the Stat value itself and it will be reported in the Roll

So you might end up with something like:

Kingdom
Economy [d20][7][14]

Double click the d20 and it will roll + 7 and report
Peoples Republic of Kadari | Economy [14] result

mikegraf
March 13th, 2021, 01:18
Hey mate, not that I really understand how you would use these rolled stat categories, but thought I would see what you described above and under the Rolemaster system, you can add the d20, d12, d8, d6 and d4 dice as you described above, but the Rolemaster d100 (normal, open-ended or high open-ended) dice cannot be added.

Just FYI

Tearstone
March 13th, 2021, 03:54
Thank you so much! That really helps and I think will come in very handy. ^_^

damned
March 13th, 2021, 04:35
Hey mate, not that I really understand how you would use these rolled stat categories, but thought I would see what you described above and under the Rolemaster system, you can add the d20, d12, d8, d6 and d4 dice as you described above, but the Rolemaster d100 (normal, open-ended or high open-ended) dice cannot be added.

Just FYI

It was asked if I could add it. I did. I realise it has limited use but there are things that I see it be useful for.
In most rulesets you can right click the d10 and choose % and drag that into the field.

Thank you so much! That really helps and I think will come in very handy. ^_^

Great!

Farnaby
March 21st, 2021, 19:20
Just added this extension using a player instance of FGU ran into an error pressing the icon to add a player note in the Investigator.

[ERROR] Script execution error: [string "button_edit_pcdisc"]:12: attempt to concatenate a nil value
[WARNING] buttoncontrol: Could not find pressed icon [down] in control(button_pcsubmit_pcnotes in class (investigator_pcedit)

The window to submit a player note comes up though but when I click on the submit button I get the following error:

[ERROR] Script execution error: [string "button_pcsubmit_pcnotes"]:6: attempt to concatenate a nil value

[Edit]
I removed every other extension used and the error still appears.

damned
March 21st, 2021, 22:42
Hi Farnaby

Were you logged in as a player?

Farnaby
March 22nd, 2021, 07:07
Yes, I had a GM instance running in the background "Load campaign" and used a 2nd instance to "join campaign".

The error did not occur on the GM instance.

damned
March 22nd, 2021, 13:25
Can you check you are running current rulesets and extension versions?
If its still happening please post a screen shot of chat showing all versions.
Im testing on Live and 5E and it seems to eb working for me.

Farnaby
March 22nd, 2021, 14:32
I'm feeling very dumb right now, so please don't rub it in. :o

I hadn't selected a character before trying to use the investigator..... ooops.
Sorry.

damned
March 22nd, 2021, 15:04
I probably need to make that warn properly...
Thanks for the update.

Broken.Arrow
March 23rd, 2021, 00:03
Been there, done that! lol

Farnaby
March 23rd, 2021, 05:51
Been there, done that! lol

I did ask not to rub it in....;)

tamahandy
March 29th, 2021, 19:01
Feature request regarding:

Investigator is primarily a player tool that allows the players to create their own shared and interactive Clue sheets to track knowledge and leads in one location. If the player creates the Clue and sets it as Public other players can see the Clue and can add their own notes to the PC Notes field. The original creator has complete control over all fields including notes added by other players. For more information see the basic user guide here:

Would it be possible that the creating player gets the same checkboxes as the GM on the different fields and with ON/OFF can give control to other players to edit these fields right away?

If not, could it be possible that all fields have the option to get PC notes added from other players?

This would make collecting all the notes together slightly more easier.

damned
March 29th, 2021, 22:09
Feature request regarding:

Would it be possible that the creating player gets the same checkboxes as the GM on the different fields and with ON/OFF can give control to other players to edit these fields right away?

If not, could it be possible that all fields have the option to get PC notes added from other players?

This would make collecting all the notes together slightly more easier.

Could you mock up a screenshot of what you are asking?

ChrisRevocateur
April 18th, 2021, 16:07
Ran into a issue running this alongside AudioOverseer.ext.

I have tested and narrowed the error down to only happening when I load a campaign with both.

The error reads:[ERROR] Script execution error: [string "chat"]:3: attempt to call field 'onInit' (a nil value)

damned
April 18th, 2021, 22:57
Hi ChrisRevocateur

Yes both extensions make a change to the same file...
There is no fix this at this time.

DonE66
May 8th, 2021, 14:42
If I run a second local copy to test what a player sees, should the shared pin for a location pop up? I tested this but when I click on the pin nothing pops up. I wonder if its because I'm running a second version on the same cpu?

damned
May 8th, 2021, 14:44
have you also shared the record?

Bonkon
May 8th, 2021, 18:14
If I run a second local copy to test what a player sees, should the shared pin for a location pop up? I tested this but when I click on the pin nothing pops up. I wonder if its because I'm running a second version on the same cpu?

Good Day DonE66 :)
I had a problem once similar to yours. I unshared and re-shared the map and the players could see and access the pins. :)

DonE66
May 8th, 2021, 20:58
That was it. I had the player client up when I made the change so must of collided somehow on my machine. Weird but working now. thanks

ScaRy13
May 16th, 2021, 18:15
Hello damned,

fairly new to Fantasy Grounds and i'm definitely interested in World Builder. just wanting to check with you to see where to get most recent build and to confirm its compatibility with recent FG version. thanks

Jiminimonka
May 16th, 2021, 18:44
Hello damned,

fairly new to Fantasy Grounds and i'm definitely interested in World Builder. just wanting to check with you to see where to get most recent build and to confirm its compatibility with recent FG version. thanks

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?54284-Player-Agency-Extension&p=480546&viewfull=1#post480546 is where you get the most recent build, and it works with 4.1.1 FGU

ScaRy13
May 16th, 2021, 19:45
many many thanks..excited to get started with it

ndjester
May 21st, 2021, 03:46
I play in FGU and just downloaded the extension .... doesnt show up anywhere in library or modules ... am I supposed to be looking somewhere else?

mikegraf
May 21st, 2021, 04:09
I play in FGU and just downloaded the extension .... doesnt show up anywhere in library or modules ... am I supposed to be looking somewhere else?

It is an extension and what it does is that it adds 2 icons into your SIDEBAR library: 1 for World Building and 1 for Investigator

Go to Options - Sidebar and click these to add them to your Sidebar menu

DonE66
May 21st, 2021, 13:09
Also remember to click to include it when you launch the game in the box below where you set connection type (lan/web).

ChrisRevocateur
May 21st, 2021, 21:39
@Damned

Do you know if the Syrinscape extensions on the DMsGuild site alter the same file as AudioOverseer does, and thus would not be compatible with Player Agency? I understand if you don't know, but I figured it wouldn't hurt to ask.

mattekure
May 21st, 2021, 22:35
@Damned

Do you know if the Syrinscape extensions on the DMsGuild site alter the same file as AudioOverseer does, and thus would not be compatible with Player Agency? I understand if you don't know, but I figured it wouldn't hurt to ask.

As far as I can tell, my Syrinscape Extension does not conflict with this one. Thera re no errors on load and everything I can see seems to work as intended. A quick looks doesnt show any place where the xml templates would clash.

damned
May 22nd, 2021, 13:35
Where the clash is (would be) in the Chat Window.

I have overwritten part of the chat window to support a new frame for when you "share to chat" content from Player Agency (and probably from Sharing is Caring).
If you can still send descriptions to chat and your triggers work then I dont think there is anywhere else they would conflict.

mattekure
May 22nd, 2021, 13:40
Where the clash is (would be) in the Chat Window.

I have overwritten part of the chat window to support a new frame for when you "share to chat" content from Player Agency (and probably from Sharing is Caring).
If you can still send descriptions to chat and your triggers work then I dont think there is anywhere else they would conflict.

Yeah, I went about implementing my chat triggers in a different way to avoid conflicts. The triggers seem to work fine, and outputing to chat from worldbuilder or Investigator entries seems to work fine.

chillhelm
June 4th, 2021, 11:44
Hi damned,

I just encountered a bug that your extension caused in one of my extensions.
Specifically, you override the label_column template from core rpg. (See campaign/template_world.xml in your extension and and common/template_common.xml in CoreRPG).
The difference is that you set the right anchor to be at the ride side of the window, while the default template from core rpg doesn't do that.
I worked around it in my extension, but wanted to let you know that this might cause compatibility issues with other extensions as well.

Best,
Chillhelm

VenomousFiligree
July 21st, 2021, 15:38
With a new 5e Campaign and Player Agency installed (from the first post), I get the following error when trying to open a calendar entry to edit as a player:

[7/21/2021 3:35:22 PM] [ERROR] Script execution error: [string "button_edit_pcdisc"]:12: attempt to concatenate a nil value
[7/21/2021 3:35:22 PM] [WARNING] buttoncontrol: Could not find pressed icon (down) in control (button_pcsubmit_pclognotes) in class (log_pcedit)

mikegraf
July 21st, 2021, 15:45
With a new 5e Campaign and Player Agency installed (from the first post), I get the following error when trying to open a calendar entry to edit as a player:

[7/21/2021 3:35:22 PM] [ERROR] Script execution error: [string "button_edit_pcdisc"]:12: attempt to concatenate a nil value
[7/21/2021 3:35:22 PM] [WARNING] buttoncontrol: Could not find pressed icon (down) in control (button_pcsubmit_pclognotes) in class (log_pcedit)

I get same error with Rolemaster Classic campaign

damned
July 21st, 2021, 21:37
You dont have a character selected so it cannot attribute the notes to anyone.

mikegraf
July 22nd, 2021, 07:20
You dont have a character selected so it cannot attribute the notes to anyone.

Thanks - simple fix....

VenomousFiligree
July 22nd, 2021, 08:29
Indeed it was! Thanks.

playest
August 3rd, 2021, 12:26
This extension is amazing! Thank you very much for making it! Do you have a patreon or something like it to "reward" you?

Anyway! I'm not only writing to tell how good this extension is. I found out that when I click on the checkbox to share/unshare part of a worldbuilder item it's not updated directly for players. The callback seems to be here because when I edit an other field it is updated and the information is appears or is hidden.

I didn't read the 30 pages of comment for this extension so it might have been asked already but do you think it would be possible to make that automatic?

Thank you again :)

Edit : now that I think of it, how would you go about exporting the data from the db.xml to a more readable format for offline use? Tell me if I'm wrong but eveything seems to be in <mc_investigator> and <mc_world> ?

fogcutter
August 24th, 2021, 19:07
Sounds like a wonderful extension! Having trouble finding the download. Tried the 1st page, followed links, watched YouTube videos.....still can't figure out where to download.

ChrisRevocateur
August 24th, 2021, 19:13
Very bottom of the 1st post, above the signature. "Attached Files."

fogcutter
August 24th, 2021, 19:21
Found it....had to load the FG Fullsite option. Before i did that there was nothing showing under "attached Files"

Thanks!

damned
August 24th, 2021, 23:27
FG Responsive should be the default theme.

ZiouseMatrix
August 27th, 2021, 22:07
hey I know you've probably heard this so many times but I'm interested but I cant find your link to download is there like a specific page or somthing because non of the links I've found takes me to the download

ChrisRevocateur
August 27th, 2021, 22:31
hey I know you've probably heard this so many times but I'm interested but I cant find your link to download is there like a specific page or somthing because non of the links I've found takes me to the download

Check the last few comments in the thread above you.

Go to the bottom of the page and change the dropdown to FG Responsive. Any other theme doesn't show files.

viresanimi
September 17th, 2021, 16:12
I've started using this in the Vampire: The Masquerade ruleset and like it so far. However, the only way to share anything is to drag the link to every single player. One at a time. Why can't I right click and just share it? I mean. Everywhere there are PC Notes sections in worldbuilder, which I am all for, but then it would really be handy if it was easier to share.

Just a thought for improvement.

Vires Animi

Blackfoot
September 17th, 2021, 16:30
Try sharing from the world builder window rather than the individual entry window.

That said.. it would be nice to add share as a radial item.

viresanimi
September 17th, 2021, 16:46
Try sharing from the world builder window rather than the individual entry window.

Oh wow... I did not see that. Thank you!

Blackfoot
September 17th, 2021, 16:57
One of my players turned me on to the trick. 😉

redba
September 17th, 2021, 17:27
@Damned

After a lot of use and work I have absolutely to tell you I love this extension and so many many thanks to you!!!.

By the way do you think to add new features on World Builder side?? (I am DM so I use massively the World Builder)..

I thought further types of entries or a way to customize label for the fields or even the possibilities to add new custom field (a lot of time I need to make a list of link inside a field and share only some of the rows)..

I am here only to thank you for the work and give you some suggestion for the future if you need it..
Thanks again!!!

damned
September 18th, 2021, 10:27
Ill look to add it to the item radial menu.

Hi redba what did you have in mind?

redba
September 18th, 2021, 11:26
Ok @damned so you have unleashed the beast inside me..ahahaah
I try to explain as better as I can and please please again I would emphasize I only suggest and do not asking nothing if too much work or no time :-)

The World Builder is very useful (IMHO) for manage all campaing data like a DB so it should be wonderful to have the possibilities to search a tag or a word INSIDE the world builder entry and not only in the title (for example: I set type field to "shop" and I would search all entry of the type shop); or at least to search the entry by main type (Place, Group, Entity, Religion and other); maybe a button in the main world builder form will help..
It should be incredible to have the possibility to "create" or full personalize a new the World Builder Entry Main Type (now we have Place, Group, Entity, Religion and other) so I can choose the name of the label (In Place or Languages and so on) and if the field is shareble or not (like In Place or GM Notes) and how fields to include or not..
Now you entry is composed by a first page (Main) and a second page (Order) and It should be good to have a third slot for an info page for GM only for info notes, link, image and so on..
Maybe also the possibilities to add to the "NEW" third page list items like a Shop (not only link items) cause some times is very useful to user your ENTITY type to manage single NPC without entry stats but with some type of little inventory)..
Now I try explain what I have in mind when I speak about the possibilities to SELECT the single row to share with player.. There are a lot of field can support lists (I think Relationships, Major NPCs, Images, Other Places..) and it should be fantastic to have the possibility to check those (one by one) to share or not share with players (In my campaign I created an Other type entry to manage the cropped parts of the main city the players have to explore and list all image link inside Other Places field but I can't share with them the singles discovered index list entries (cause I have to check the full field to share) instead they see also the undiscovered ones).. I attach en example.. (ignore the italian parts :) )

For managing structured-data-related-info your World Builder is simply perfect...
I hope I have been clear and if I have not been I apologize but English is not my mother tongue :)
Thank again for your time.. And keep in mind this is only my two cents and nothing more.. (maybe you can suggest any trick to get around to some of the problems above...

viresanimi
September 20th, 2021, 10:44
Being able to fully personalize and adabt the various types (Location, Group, Entity), by changing the various categories (Religion, history, etc), would be absolutely awesome and make it just about 10 times more awesome.

I don't know what the best and easiest way to do that would be, but the important issue for me, is that I would not have to do it every time I make a new entry into the worldbuilder. That would be too much works. Wether the ability to create your own custom types, or if copying an existing entry you have customized, would retain the changes, is the easiest or best way to do, I couldn't say.

Just my two copper pieces worth of thought

Vires Animi

redba
September 20th, 2021, 12:01
@viresanimi

Ohh yes well said!! I agree with you and I've forgotten to mention it..

Jaegar
September 21st, 2021, 23:34
Thanks for the ext

Dragonrose0
September 24th, 2021, 06:04
have you thought about putting this on Forge so updates are automatic?

Farnaby
October 10th, 2021, 08:38
Ruleset: PF2e

Problem: Using this extension causes the ApplyAllEffects button in the Hazard window to disappear:

Player Agency extension not loaded

Player Agency extension loaded

Tritoxin
November 3rd, 2021, 02:38
Posted asking for help on the audiooverseer forum first, but thought I would post here as well to try and get some assistance.
There is something about Player Agency that is breaking audiooverseer for me. Specifically in the Audiotrigger window.

Basically what is happening, is that Player Agency is "removing" the plus sign for adding an additional trigger line in audiooverseer's Trigger windows.
I'm no coder, so i don't understand why that is happening, or if it is preventable in some way. Any help would be appreciated. Love both of these extensions very much, and a bit frustrated that they aren't playing nice together for me. Anyways, thank you for your time.

damned
November 3rd, 2021, 02:50
I will probably need to release a separate build for AudioOverseer and 2E compatibility. It will lose some formatting when you send descriptions to chat but that is where the conflict arises.

Tritoxin
November 3rd, 2021, 08:21
That would be amazing, I look forward to if/when that comes.
It's really unfortunate that the chat code is the way it is currently.
Well i can live without audiooverseer.
Your extension on the other hand I cannot, It's made my games much more enjoyable. Thank you for all the work you've done with the extension, can't think of running a game without it honestly.

celestian
November 3rd, 2021, 15:37
I will probably need to release a separate build for AudioOverseer and 2E compatibility. It will lose some formatting when you send descriptions to chat but that is where the conflict arises.

For what it's worth, the problem isn't 2e specifically, it's the chat code in FG/CoreRPG. If you used PA and OA in 5e you'd see the same thing.

Moon Wizard
November 3rd, 2021, 15:53
I'm going to add some chat event registration functions in the next round of the beta that should help.

Regards,
JPG

damned
November 3rd, 2021, 20:00
Woot!

Tritoxin
November 3rd, 2021, 21:16
For what it is worth, thank you guys, Celestian, JPG, Damned, for all the help and getting back to me about all of this. Seriously I can't really express how thankful I am for how good to each other those in this community are.

Wish you all the best.

Blackfoot
November 14th, 2021, 03:42
So.. under the new sidebar structure these are falling into 'Campaign' but it seems like they are 'Player' tools.
Not completely sure how to tweak that in an extension.. but I did manage to do it for a ruleset... eventually... that mechanic is still in test.. but..

damned
November 14th, 2021, 04:11
I will look at this soon...

redba
November 20th, 2021, 07:54
Hi damned,
have you thought about what was suggested in posts #315 and #316??
Just to know if you plan to update World builder one day or not.
Thanks

SieferSeesSomething
January 20th, 2022, 06:20
Posted asking for help on the audiooverseer forum first, but thought I would post here as well to try and get some assistance.
There is something about Player Agency that is breaking audiooverseer for me. Specifically in the Audiotrigger window.

Basically what is happening, is that Player Agency is "removing" the plus sign for adding an additional trigger line in audiooverseer's Trigger windows.
I'm no coder, so i don't understand why that is happening, or if it is preventable in some way. Any help would be appreciated. Love both of these extensions very much, and a bit frustrated that they aren't playing nice together for me. Anyways, thank you for your time.

Was this ever fixed or are we still waiting for the next round of the beta for the chat fixes? I just saw that Celestian updated the Audio Overseer for multiple line triggers and I'm so excited for the possibilities in my 5e campaign! But I also really like Player Agency.

damned
February 18th, 2022, 13:58
New build available in the Forge here: https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/511/view
Please let me know of any issues.

similarly
February 18th, 2022, 23:04
Thank you so much! This is one of the most useful and essential add-ons that I have!

damned
February 18th, 2022, 23:44
I have fixed the 2E issues but I havent tested it with Audio Overseer. If anyone could confirm either way...

mikegraf
February 18th, 2022, 23:51
Thanks for the update - can I ask what was changed / added please

damned
February 19th, 2022, 00:33
No features.
It was a bug fix that became possible after the last round of CoreRPG updates that allowed compatibility with the 2E ruleset and some other extensions produced by celestian.
There was no functionality change.

mikegraf
February 19th, 2022, 00:33
Thanks

Talen
February 19th, 2022, 21:03
Thanks for the extension Damned!

Question: Are image links dragged to the record entry (subsequently ticked and shared) supposed to be viewable by the PC's? I can see it on the DM side, but the players cannot launch the image on their side.

Some additional Info. I have removed all extensions but for the Player Agency and I have the same limitation on the player side.

Perhaps of note (although may be working as intended), after I noticed the image s/links not being capable of opening on the player side, I subsequently tried to categorize my entries on the DM side into Groups (Group renamed to People, Group 2 renamed to places ...etc). While they are categorized on the DM side, they are not on the player side.

damned
February 19th, 2022, 23:20
Hi Talen

You would need to also share the Image record. That is standard CoreRPG behavior where linked info is not automatically also shared.
That is the same for categories - its CoreRPG behavior. The only way around this one is not ideal for content that is created on the go. You can setup a World Building campaign and create your entries there and export to a module. I believe that the groups will be available then. You might have to do a quick test and validate that. I havent had any time to work on this extension in over a year.

Talen
February 20th, 2022, 11:23
Thanks Damned - that did indeed take care of it! While the images were previously shared - they needed to be shared again within Worldbuilder.

Muagen
February 20th, 2022, 13:36
I'm running into an issue with the Forge version of the extension at the moment. Players are unable to add/edit clues to Investigator. Everything seems to work fine on the GM client.
I thought it might be another extension interfering, however the behavior is still present when it is the only extension loaded.
After re-reading through the documentation I see mention of activating an Investigator module but that no longer seems to be an available/necessary element.
Any ideas?
Below picture is a new Starfinder campaign with no modules loaded, no other extensions loaded, and from PC client.

damned
February 20th, 2022, 13:50
You have no Character selected so the system cant give you any permissions.
Choose a character.

Muagen
February 20th, 2022, 14:26
Thanks for addressing this so quickly.
The issue persisted after choosing a character.

damned
February 20th, 2022, 14:56
Thanks Muagen
I was able to find the issue and patch.
Please Update and try again.
If its still not working please share as much info as possible but dont wait up - its 2am here and I gotta work in a few hours :bandit:

Muagen
February 20th, 2022, 15:04
It's working again.
Thanks for your dedication, and sorry for killing your sleep!

sinprime
February 20th, 2022, 15:04
I have fixed the 2E issues but I havent tested it with Audio Overseer. If anyone could confirm either way...

Appears, the AudioOverseer "audio triggers" are still missing the "+" button to add additional "matches" while both extensions are active.

Blackfoot
February 20th, 2022, 20:03
I wonder why my version seems to be different than the one he's showing in the last pic...

Kelrugem
February 20th, 2022, 20:13
I wonder why my version seems to be different than the one he's showing in the last pic...

As far as I can see, damned defined his Forge's version to be installed into the vault. But: A version of the extension in the /extensions directory always overwrites the vault version. Hence, you need to delete the version in /extensions, then the current version should apply :)

(similar to how unzipped extensions overwrite zipped extensions)

Blackfoot
February 20th, 2022, 20:31
The weird part is that I downloaded the file from the 1st post in this forum thread and that's the one in my extension folder... so I'd think that was the 'current' version... since it seems to have been updated recently.

Blackfoot
February 20th, 2022, 20:34
Moving the extension folder copy seems to have resolved the issue though. Weird.

Kelrugem
February 20th, 2022, 21:12
The weird part is that I downloaded the file from the 1st post in this forum thread and that's the one in my extension folder... so I'd think that was the 'current' version... since it seems to have been updated recently.

The date in the first post is for the last edit :) Damned adjusted the text (probably providing the link to the forge); if the extension would have been replaced, then the number of the downloads would have been reset :) (nothing against damned's extension, but I do not think that any extension would have generated so many downloads in just two days :D)

damned
February 20th, 2022, 21:14
Appears, the AudioOverseer "audio triggers" are still missing the "+" button to add additional "matches" while both extensions are active.

Hi sinprime please can you send me some screenshots of AudioOverseer with and without Player Agency loaded?

damned
February 20th, 2022, 21:17
Hi Blackfoot and Kelrugem

I left the current download there for FG Classic users.
It does not work with 2E or with the Audio Overseer or On Demand Manual Dice extensions by Celestian but otherwise works in Classic.
The new/current build (which is just bug fixed, no additional features at this time) is on the Forge and thats where all new builds will go.

damned
February 20th, 2022, 21:18
It's working again.
Thanks for your dedication, and sorry for killing your sleep!

Thanks for testing and updating the status.

Blackfoot
February 20th, 2022, 21:52
The locks still don't work properly.. but the extension is very cool.. if I can get my damn players to use it. :D

damned
February 20th, 2022, 21:59
Yeah. They will or they wont. There isnt much point in harranguing them to do it...
Same thing happens in my games - they use them in spurts.

I will get some time to work on this extension and improve it... one day...

sinprime
February 20th, 2022, 23:47
Hi sinprime please can you send me some screenshots of AudioOverseer with and without Player Agency loaded?

Damned,

AudioOverseer ON and Player Agency OFF

AudioOverseer ON and Player Agency ON

I hope this helps! :D

EDIT: The "+" button should be visible when the item window is unlocked btw. While its locked, the button is not visible by default. Just a heads up.

damned
February 21st, 2022, 22:24
Thanks - I have found the issue and fixed. Updated in Forge.

sinprime
February 22nd, 2022, 13:52
I can confirm, AudioOverseer (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?53583-AudioOverseer-(Audio-Management-Extension)) & Player Agency are now working friendly together.

Thank You damned for taking the time to resolve that pesky trigger "+" button issue. Rejoice!! ;)

Ardem
March 23rd, 2022, 03:01
Hey Damned any chance for an addition to player Agency. (World Builder.

Like NPC has filter for Group and Subgroup. Could we have something similar in Worldbuilder.
If not that can we have the Group bar to be enlarged when shown group is on so you can see more group. With a heap of records on NPC etc either of the options would help find the things I am after quickly.

damned
March 23rd, 2022, 03:20
More info needed please Ardem

Ardem
March 23rd, 2022, 06:08
Sorry I thought this was a core feature but actually it is something apart of the Rolemaster Ruleset. It should be apart of core it very useful for lots of data.

Attached is the image(NPC Filtering) to show you want I mean. By having a group and sub group it allows you to get that extra layer of filtering quickly to find those details. I have 100 odd people that I need to find one person fast and I forgotten there name, add a group and a subgroup to them will make it quicker to find them.

At the moment I create various Group for instance People - Region or People - Evil but you can only see 5 in a list image(People Filtering) makes it harder to sift through with lots of groups, which take time if you have 50 off groups, also the players do not get to see these groups. Whereas the filtering like above could help them as well.

Here is the RM NPC Filtering in action, I believe it could be a benefit to WorldBuilder this type of filtering.

damned
March 24th, 2022, 11:49
Ill see if I can add that next time Im working on this extension - thanks.

Mondstern
April 9th, 2022, 22:48
Hey quick request damned, can we get another part with entities for 'personality'?
having that would help with having all info related to the npc on one card. and maybe an 'other' part for all in general for extra info a GM may want to add to the card in written text unlike

Sulimo
April 10th, 2022, 22:41
It's not causing any issues, but thought you might want to know; clicking on the Link from the extension that goes to https://www.diehard-gaming.com/ shows an error on that page.

This is the link (the others for World Builder, Investigator, and Dear Diary work fine):
https://i.imgur.com/ZbjQWT1.png

This is what it is showing when going to https://www.diehard-gaming.com/
https://i.imgur.com/AHm8LFL.png

Starwolf
April 11th, 2022, 08:54
I have been playing around with this for a while now. However I noticed one thing with the investigator. the field for naming an entry/note/item doesnt have a background color, making it impossible to see when using a game that has a dark or black background in the windows. Look at attached screenshot.

I also have a feature request if possible. In my campaign in Traveller, I have a ned for my players to be able to update a record other than just add to it. I know there are ownership issues, but could it be possible to make something that a player or GM release from ownership and re-assign ownership to another player in case original player is not present at a given play session?

damned
April 11th, 2022, 13:52
Hey quick request damned, can we get another part with entities for 'personality'?
having that would help with having all info related to the npc on one card. and maybe an 'other' part for all in general for extra info a GM may want to add to the card in written text unlike

That should be do-able. Hopefully over Easter.

damned
April 11th, 2022, 13:53
It's not causing any issues, but thought you might want to know; clicking on the Link from the extension that goes to https://www.diehard-gaming.com/ shows an error on that page.

Yes indeed the CMS has been down for some time (more like a long time) but it is way below other priorities to fix still...

damned
April 11th, 2022, 14:00
I have been playing around with this for a while now. However I noticed one thing with the investigator. the field for naming an entry/note/item doesnt have a background color, making it impossible to see when using a game that has a dark or black background in the windows. Look at attached screenshot.

I also have a feature request if possible. In my campaign in Traveller, I have a ned for my players to be able to update a record other than just add to it. I know there are ownership issues, but could it be possible to make something that a player or GM release from ownership and re-assign ownership to another player in case original player is not present at a given play session?

So its a little more difficult than that. Can you post what a Note looks like and also what World Builder looks like?

And the second one is significantly more complicated.
I dont think it will happen - that was my original goal but I couldnt get it to be reliable.

Sulimo
April 11th, 2022, 17:10
Yes indeed the CMS has been down for some time (more like a long time) but it is way below other priorities to fix still...

Sounds good, just wanted to make sure you knew about it.

Wink182
July 1st, 2022, 12:05
Thank you for this extension, it's proving to be very useful.

I have a question related to this thread (https://fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?73753-4E-Module-Maker-yet-another-Portable-Compendium-parser/page3). It seems that certain window classes in FG don't work with this extension enabled. Is this something that could be easily fixed?

Thanks!

macDsinfo
July 11th, 2022, 01:37
is there a way to create a dm note, or a investigator sheet that ALL players, and the DM, can edit and view in real time? I thought there was a way to do this, but I couldn't get it working today. thx, in advance for any feedback or advice.

damned
July 11th, 2022, 10:14
Hi macDsinfo

That is possible only on a Note that a player makes and is only possible for that player and the GM - no other player can engage.
If I ever find a way to do that I will but right now I dont think its possible,

macDsinfo
July 11th, 2022, 13:19
Hi macDsinfo

That is possible only on a Note that a player makes and is only possible for that player and the GM - no other player can engage.
If I ever find a way to do that I will but right now I dont think its possible,
thx for the reply. so all players cannot add their own info, or drag chat output to the same DM note (in the PC notes section)? I thought they had done this, but like I said, we couldn't get it working yesterday. and thanks for this extension - it is great, and the players love it, as do i. we are just trying to learn the ins and outs of it presently. again, thx, in advance for any insight, input or advice you might have.

damned
July 11th, 2022, 13:59
Using Player Agency all players can APPEND data to the records but only the GM can EDIT all records and in Investigator component the clue creator can edit records.

macDsinfo
July 11th, 2022, 15:05
Using Player Agency all players can APPEND data to the records but only the GM can EDIT all records and in Investigator component the clue creator can edit records.
ok, that is what I thought - for some reason, I couldn't get this working yesterday. I will try it again when I run a table next in a couple of days. thank you so much for the clarification.

macDsinfo
July 15th, 2022, 19:45
again, thank you for the great extension, and all the help. two questions:

1-does the world builder entry need to be left unlocked for the PCs to be able to make their notes (by clicking the pencil)?

2-it seems once the dm amends the PC notes, they are no longer able to be used by the players; specifically, when players "test" the feature for the first time, and then I CTRL-A > Delete the test gibberish, the players can no longer access that Pencil tool to add notes in the future to that Page. Am I doing something wrong?

Thank you again, for everything.

Tabarkus
August 10th, 2022, 04:48
Does this extension work with the Dungeon Crawl Classics ruleset?
If so I am getting the following errors when trying to edit PC Notes as a player:

[ERROR] Script execution error: [string "button_edit_pcdisc"]:12: attempt to concatenate a nil value
[8/9/2022 11:00:51 PM] [WARNING] buttoncontrol: Could not find pressed icon (down) in control (button_pcsubmit_pcnotes) in class (investigator_pcedit)
[8/9/2022 11:01:00 PM] [ERROR] Script execution error: [string "button_pcsubmit_pcnotes"]:6: attempt to concatenate a nil value

damned
August 10th, 2022, 23:11
That is a player function it sounds like you are trying to do it from the GM session?

Tabarkus
August 11th, 2022, 04:24
Ok, I figured out what I was doing wrong. The player who created the Investigator note was trying to use the edit button but she doesn't need to do so. She can just directly edit the note without needing to use that edit button, when she used the button is when she got the error. Thanks for your input Damned, sorry to waste your time.

damned
August 11th, 2022, 04:49
I havent used it in DCC but in theory it should work.
Can you share a screenshot.

Tabarkus
August 11th, 2022, 20:48
Not sure if you saw the edit I made to my last post so I'll repost it here. Ok, I figured out what I was doing wrong. The player who created the Investigator note was trying to use the edit button but she doesn't need to do so. She can just directly edit the note without needing to use that edit button, when she used the button is when she got the error. Thanks for your input Damned, sorry to waste your time.

tamahandy
September 8th, 2022, 21:44
Hi

when I try to go to any of the help pages I get a ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT .

Also, is there an option to make any and or all the player notes somehow offline available from the world builder or the investigator?

My players sometimes would like to go through these in between sessions when they are not connected to review their findings and plan out the next session.
If they can select these or drag and drop them and they get exported to a simple text file this would be enough as then they can copy and paste them into the respective discord channel.

damned
September 8th, 2022, 22:26
Unfortunately your network has probably been blocked by the firewall due to hacking attempts from neighbours....
Ill post the help file here later.
There is no way currently to create an offline copy.
You could export as a module and share that with the players BUT it would no longer respect the hidden GM info.
It would be OK for Investigator but it would probably be an issue for World Builder.

Dyark
September 11th, 2022, 14:20
Is it possible to know the structure you use for this extension ? The reason I am asking is I want to change some things, mainly on the chat display.
PS it works in Starfinder, I tested it.

Hjorimir
September 25th, 2022, 00:22
In the AD&D 2E ruleset, when this extension is enabled at the same time as the 2E Player's Option and more extension (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?59690-Player-s-Option-crits-additional-automation-and-Hackmaster-style-house-rules) is enabled, you get an error whenever you roll a die into the chatbox. Eample:

[9/21/2022 6:18:03 AM] [ERROR] Script execution error: [string "chat"]5; attempt to call field 'onDiceLanded'' (a nil value)

Disable either of the extensions and there is no error. Furthermore, each extension seems to otherwise work fine on its own.

Hjorimir
September 26th, 2022, 11:04
In the AD&D 2E ruleset, when this extension is enabled at the same time as the 2E Player's Option and more extension (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?59690-Player-s-Option-crits-additional-automation-and-Hackmaster-style-house-rules) is enabled, you get an error whenever you roll a die into the chatbox. Eample:

[9/21/2022 6:18:03 AM] [ERROR] Script execution error: [string "chat"]5; attempt to call field 'onDiceLanded'' (a nil value)

Disable either of the extensions and there is no error. Furthermore, each extension seems to otherwise work fine on its own.

Sterno fixed it on his end. This no longer seems to be an issue.

macDsinfo
November 23rd, 2022, 18:47
i am wondering, how would i merge World Builder entries, from one campaign to another? Some one-shots i run are part of a greater world of a campaign I am also running, and one or two players are playing the one-shots, so i want their notes from the one-shots to be included at the campaign table, and i do not want to override anything... many thanks, in advance

Blackfoot
November 23rd, 2022, 19:07
i am wondering, how would i merge World Builder entries, from one campaign to another? Some one-shots i run are part of a greater world of a campaign I am also running, and one or two players are playing the one-shots, so i want their notes from the one-shots to be included at the campaign table, and i do not want to override anything... many thanks, in advance

If you are comfortable editing the db.. it isn't that hard... I don't think there is any other way built in.

similarly
November 23rd, 2022, 23:04

Blackfoot's reply is the way to go, I think. I didn't think of that.

I haven't actually TRIED it, and I'm not expert in FGU, but as an amateur, my two thoughts would be:
1. Clone the campaign and then delete or reset the things from the other campaign that you don't need to keep.
2. Again, haven't TRIED it ... but I wonder if it would be possible to use the internal mod-creator and create a mod JUST from the Player Agency data. Not sure if that's even possible, since I'm at work and don't have it in front of me.

mikegraf
November 24th, 2022, 01:08

The way I do it is to use multiple campaigns - some are what I term general information (which holds all the common history, key people, locations, etc etc) in World Builder. Build it as a module and only reveal the information there (by using the tick marks) once you want to show the players. You can pre-populate a lot of these pages, just noting that the players can see the "entry headings" so I use hneadings like "Key NPC - AA" rather than put the name of the NPC in the WB entry, so as to hide their identity till I am ready to reveal it. Does then require a rebuild of that module when you make that level of change. Make this player loadable.

I also have a story module that cross a number of campaigns that I build as a stand alone module that has some WB entries that relate just to these campaign adventures. For people that may not be relevant to the bigger "whole world" module mentioned above. This can hold WB, items, NPCs, images, etc that are campaign/adventure specific.

You can build as many modules that use WB entries and load them as required. Just need to consider what they contain, whether they are player loadable (which means they see the entry headings), and editable.

macDsinfo
November 24th, 2022, 14:52
thanks for the ideas...

thinking about this more, I am going to try exporting the world builder/investigator stuff as a mod from the one shot table, loading it into the campaign table, copying the entries (by dragging them into the menu a second time), and then dragging those (copied entries) to the campaign world builder/investigator. my hope is these would save in the campaign and I would be done. I will try it this weekend, and will report back when I see what happens...

The way I do it is to use multiple campaigns - some are what I term general information (which holds all the common history, key people, locations, etc etc) in World Builder. Build it as a module and only reveal the information there (by using the tick marks) once you want to show the players. You can pre-populate a lot of these pages, just noting that the players can see the "entry headings" so I use hneadings like "Key NPC - AA" rather than put the name of the NPC in the WB entry, so as to hide their identity till I am ready to reveal it. Does then require a rebuild of that module when you make that level of change. Make this player loadable.

I also have a story module that cross a number of campaigns that I build as a stand alone module that has some WB entries that relate just to these campaign adventures. For people that may not be relevant to the bigger "whole world" module mentioned above. This can hold WB, items, NPCs, images, etc that are campaign/adventure specific.

You can build as many modules that use WB entries and load them as required. Just need to consider what they contain, whether they are player loadable (which means they see the entry headings), and editable.

If you are comfortable editing the db.. it isn't that hard... I don't think there is any other way built in.
thx - I am not comfortable doing it, but this might be where I end up...

Grey Mage
January 7th, 2023, 20:09
Can someone point me to a guide for exporting info in World Guide so I can add to another campaign? Not at home so I can stumble through it... any help appreciated in advance.

damned
January 7th, 2023, 22:34
/export and work thru the interface

Wintermute
March 22nd, 2023, 00:11
Could you add a share record button to the radial menu options on the world builder entry sheet? It would save a tiny bit of time to be able to share from the sheet instead of having to go back to the world builder window list, locate it, and share it from there?

Just a thought. :)

Ardem
March 22nd, 2023, 00:50
Had a thought for a new heading and list. I been using Player Agency for dungeon room links insteead of story because it allows me to branch open different aspects.

Set Type = Dungeon
Place - Link to the Map
Description
GM Notes
PC Notes

Type
Entry - For Listen of observation Checks while the door is closed
Encounter - Link to the encounter and any notes about it
Search - The Search parameters as well as any parcels they might find.
History - Notes about any history required in the room
Major NPCs
Images -

---------------------------

Not sure if anyone has any other thoughts

redba
March 28th, 2023, 10:26
Hi @Damned,
I'd like to point out that I've just noticed that Player Agency has a problem with Shadow of the Demon Lord (I don't know even if with other rulesets) as the link to copy them or add them as pins on maps etc. does not appear in the window. I attach an image and point out that I tested in a clean campaign with only this extension. Currently you can work around this by using the link in the Category (by the way Shadow of the Demon Lord is a really great work!!!)..
Thank you in advance..

damned
March 28th, 2023, 12:51
Share added
Dungeon added
Shadow of the Demon Lord compatibility fixed

Daleus
April 3rd, 2023, 11:27
I got my first chance to see Player Agency at work yesterday. I prepopulated a number of entries for information the players had learned during their last session and they ate it up!

While entering the data, I wondered, is there a way for me to change the label on the fields of information? Can I add my own fields? I'm especially interested in adding more fields with a tickmark option? I have rumours I'd like to add about specific people, but I want to only reveal them as the players learn them. To have a field called Rumours and have multiple fields that could be revealed individually, would be ideal. Or simply renaming several fields as Rumour1, Rumour2, Rumour3...etc. so they can be revealed independantly.

Is any of this possible?

Thanks for a great mod!

similarly
April 3rd, 2023, 12:20
I got my first chance to see Player Agency at work yesterday. I prepopulated a number of entries for information the players had learned during their last session and they ate it up!

While entering the data, I wondered, is there a way for me to change the label on the fields of information? Can I add my own fields? I'm especially interested in adding more fields with a tickmark option? I have rumours I'd like to add about specific people, but I want to only reveal them as the players learn them. To have a field called Rumours and have multiple fields that could be revealed individually, would be ideal. Or simply renaming several fields as Rumour1, Rumour2, Rumour3...etc. so they can be revealed independantly.

Is any of this possible?

Thanks for a great mod!

Those are great ideas. I told my DM last Sunday that this is my favorite extension, and if I had to choose just ONE extension to run, this would be it. It's fantastic.

Xerophilex
April 3rd, 2023, 20:20
The Other tab where you can put Public and GM only stats is bugged. If you enlarge and then shrink the window, the GUI elements don't shrink back to fit the window. Great extension btw!

damned
April 3rd, 2023, 22:38

Is any of this possible?

Thanks for a great mod!

Sorry dynamic fields are not possible at this time.
For Rumors I either transfer those to the player notes or encourage the players to add them as they learn them.

damned
April 3rd, 2023, 22:41
Those are great ideas. I told my DM last Sunday that this is my favorite extension, and if I had to choose just ONE extension to run, this would be it. It's fantastic.

Ahhhh are you playing Shadow of the Demon Lord with spoofer?
It is kinda like a CRM. Useless if you dont put data in to it, but once you do it becomes very useful :)

damned
April 3rd, 2023, 22:42
The Other tab where you can put Public and GM only stats is bugged. If you enlarge and then shrink the window, the GUI elements don't shrink back to fit the window. Great extension btw!

Hmmmm yes it does do as you describe... Ill look into it.

Daleus
April 4th, 2023, 21:56
Thank you Supreme Deity!

geewaagh
June 6th, 2023, 13:44
I love the extension! Using CoC 7e ruleset, is there any theme that will make output show up better? I currently get "##Descrption" instead of a graphic and then --- -- --- as a line break to a new heading.

damned
June 8th, 2023, 11:31
Please post a screenshot

bbbrock
July 2nd, 2023, 17:23
Any time I click on the button, circled in red on any of the windows or the submit button, I'm getting the following error message.

damned
July 3rd, 2023, 08:25
Hi bbrock from memory that might happen if you are GM. There is no need for the GM to use that button. One day ill make it fail more gracefully...

bbbrock
July 3rd, 2023, 19:46
Thinking I may have missed that detail, I tried from both a new instance connected as a player, and from an entirely different account, and I'm getting the same error all around. Even looking over it being a display bug, having a player put information in the box and clicking submit generates the same message. Also, nothing seems to actually post after dismissing error.

damned
July 3rd, 2023, 23:07
Thanks bbrock.
Please can you give me the full steps to get that error as its not happening in my testing.

bbbrock
July 4th, 2023, 06:07
Host PC - GM Instance
For the purpose of this testing, I started a brand new blank 5e campaign, with only your extension and the fonts enabled.

I then loaded the calendar module, created a simple entry for today.

Host PC - Second Instance as player
I then loaded up another instance, joined the table, opened up the calendar, and clicked todays date for the entry made. From there, I clicked the edit option to add stuff. Highlighted red circle. The window opened up, but threw the error.

Figured I would still try and submit something, and it threw a different error. Doesn't appear to have actually submitted anything.

For giggles, tried editing an entry in Investigator as well. Same errors.

celebrindal
July 8th, 2023, 23:54
Seeing the same thing.

humby
July 9th, 2023, 09:21
I can also replicate the error that bbbrock is experiencing, but only if I do not have a character selected. If I select a character on the player instance then the error does not occur and if I release my character the error comes back.

damned
July 9th, 2023, 14:14
You do have to have a player selected
It needs the players id and name to make the writes with

I have not been able to replicate the issue when using it as a player with a character selected

similarly
July 9th, 2023, 15:04
You do have to have a player selected
It needs the players id and name to make the writes with

I have not been able to replicate the issue when using it as a player with a character selected

Tested it right now and confirmed. With no character selected as player, error. With character selected, no error. Actual players shouldn't have a problem since they're unlikely to try to make a calendar entry without a character.

bbbrock
July 9th, 2023, 16:13
Well, I feel kind of foolish now. It does make sense to be used like you're describing vs. what I was doing. I was wanting to implement it a new campaign, and just tested it prematurely.

Thanks for the info.

damned
July 9th, 2023, 22:53
I do need to make it fail more gracefully - just too many projects on the go...

similarly
July 10th, 2023, 00:01
Well, I feel kind of foolish now. It does make sense to be used like you're describing vs. what I was doing. I was wanting to implement it a new campaign, and just tested it prematurely.

Thanks for the info.

No worries, bbbrock. I think pretty much every Fantasy Grounds GM gets caught by this every now and then. It's not just Player Agency that does this. I know I've been caught on a few other extensions on this one. It happens.

Agamon
August 5th, 2023, 17:13
I have no idea why Player Agency is causing interference in Critically Awesome Essentials, but I'm unable to open the token effect window with only those two extensions loaded. Clicking on the open window icon clicks the target switch instead.

adsmalley
August 29th, 2023, 02:58
Tried to search, but wasn't able to find references to this, so sorry if this has been asked and answered already in this thread... But I am starting to import massive amounts of setting information into FGU using the Player Agency extension, but am concerned about memory issues so am planning to create it using multiple "Modules". As such, I am hoping to organize the modules with an over-arching world background module that I can then add localized specific modules. But wanted to find out if using such an approach will work.

Will multiple modules that build off one another with information at a world level, regional level and local level work if the levels of information are entered in the Player Agency extension within each of these modules?

Or is there likely to be problems from doing this?

damned
August 29th, 2023, 03:04
I dont know the answer. I would try it with two simple modules with 2 records in each just as a test.
In terms of memory overload there can be issues with lists that are many hundreds of entries long.
4E has lists of abilities and powers for example than can contain several thousand entries and they can be slow to populate.
I dont think you will nuke the system memory wise as it is only text.

adsmalley
August 29th, 2023, 13:40
Thanks, will test it and see if/how it works.

Was also going to ask, but it sounds like it is something I will need to also test, is how the extension will handle linked info between modules (or if it even will).

As I was hoping to have links through the extension from the higher level modules down to the lower level but more locally detailed modules. But will have to see if it shows up as an error that breaks things if the lower level module is not loaded and to see if it does actually link to the information from the higher level module when the lower level module is also loaded for a session

adsmalley
September 1st, 2023, 01:08
It appears that due to how Player Agency saves information in the World Builder, that when I create two different modules with it that have overlapping information, then load them together, all information from both modules appears to be saved into both modules. Which in some ways is good, but in others is not so good. It does not allow me to keep information separate between the modules if they are loaded together, so it will force-shift all information between each separate module. So for what I have planned, it will not allow me to keep them separate unless they are kept totally separate and never used together in the same session.

As such, it looks like it will be a matter of how much memory the background information takes (which will be tens of thousands of entries for thousands of locations, thousands of NPC's and well over 1,000 images). Wondering if may have to try to figure out some other alternative way to access the information from the web as it is needed instead.

DonE66
September 1st, 2023, 18:46
It appears that due to how Player Agency saves information in the World Builder, that when I create two different modules with it that have overlapping information, then load them together, all information from both modules appears to be saved into both modules. Which in some ways is good, but in others is not so good. It does not allow me to keep information separate between the modules if they are loaded together, so it will force-shift all information between each separate module. So for what I have planned, it will not allow me to keep them separate unless they are kept totally separate and never used together in the same session.

As such, it looks like it will be a matter of how much memory the background information takes (which will be tens of thousands of entries for thousands of locations, thousands of NPC's and well over 1,000 images). Wondering if may have to try to figure out some other alternative way to access the information from the web as it is needed instead.

I am not having the same experience as you are indicating. I am building a world using the tool and have separate modules for each region, area, and Towns/Cities. I categorize them by the group name so that when I load the modules, Player Agency can sort which information is from which module. I have not had collision with the data. I have put some links in one module that depends on an entry from another and if the module is not loaded, I get the popup saying "do you want to load the module." Maybe you are doing something different but just linking works for me.

mikegraf
September 22nd, 2023, 08:29
Hi, been awhile since I had any issues with Player Agency extension, which I use under the Rolemaster Classic ruleset.

A previous issue has reoccured that was fixed previously (refer to page 21 of this thread posted by myself on November 27, 2020.

The issue which is now back is that drop downs on the first dropdown list under an item (and it probably happens elsewhere but the items are easiest to test) is unselectable. If I remove the Player Agency extension, they are editable (ie drop down works). Have no other extensions loaded and only basic rule set modules are activated.

The following was provided as the reason for this behaviour to my 2020 query, which was eventually fixed, and I am posting that reply here which was provided in the hopes it may be the same issue and therefore easily fixed.

The issue with rolemaster is affects other dropdowns because player agency changes the default core rpg label_column field in the template world

This is from Dakadin on Rolemaster

"If I remember correctly, you have some programming experience so here is a bit more information. Basically it's a template in the extension that matches one in CoreRPG so it is overwriting the one that the RMC ruleset is inheriting from CoreRPG. I believe the template is label_column. You could try just renaming all instances of label_column including the definition in the extension and see if that fixes it for you. I seem to remember it fixed it for me when I did some testing a few months ago."

<template name="label_column">
<label>
<anchored>
<top parent="columnanchor" anchor="bottom" relation="current" offset="7" />
<left offset="0" />
<right offset="0" />
</anchored>
</label>
</template>

I am not sure if it ever wise to change a default template from Core. I think it always best to add a new name and bring the inheritance across.

Hope this can be looked at and corrected as I truly love Player Agency and the need to turn it off, make an edit, and turn in back on is not only annoying, but not possible in the middle of a game session.

Thanks

damned
September 23rd, 2023, 02:55
Hi, been awhile since I had any issues with Player Agency extension, which I use under the Rolemaster Classic ruleset.

A previous issue has reoccured that was fixed previously (refer to page 21 of this thread posted by myself on November 27, 2020.

The issue which is now back is that drop downs on the first dropdown list under an item (and it probably happens elsewhere but the items are easiest to test) is unselectable. If I remove the Player Agency extension, they are editable (ie drop down works). Have no other extensions loaded and only basic rule set modules are activated.

The following was provided as the reason for this behaviour to my 2020 query, which was eventually fixed, and I am posting that reply here which was provided in the hopes it may be the same issue and therefore easily fixed.

Hope this can be looked at and corrected as I truly love Player Agency and the need to turn it off, make an edit, and turn in back on is not only annoying, but not possible in the middle of a game session.

Thanks

That template doesnt exist in the current PA build. You should be using the Forge version.

mikegraf
September 23rd, 2023, 06:04
That template doesnt exist in the current PA build. You should be using the Forge version.

OK - could you point me at what I should look for in the Forge, as I must have missed the announcement of it moving there.

Thanks for the prompt reply and assistance

Zacchaeus
September 23rd, 2023, 08:59
OK - could you point me at what I should look for in the Forge, as I must have missed the announcement of it moving there.

Thanks for the prompt reply and assistance

See the link in the first post of this thread.

mikegraf
September 23rd, 2023, 09:27
Thank you - I had downloaded it, but there must have been the old extension, as it wasn't working until I deleted the extension file from my data folder.

Seems to be working now

Many thanks as always

damned
September 23rd, 2023, 13:57
Thank you - I had downloaded it, but there must have been the old extension, as it wasn't working until I deleted the extension file from my data folder.

Seems to be working now

Many thanks as always

The Forge will overwrite older Forge versions but wont overwrite or remove manually installed ones.
Thanks for confirming its working.

SmokeMeowt
November 15th, 2023, 01:17
With the latest hotfix/update, I have been getting the following message double posted to chat every time I open a WorldBuilder window:

resize_referencepage - DEPRECATED - 2023-06-27 - Contact ruleset/extension/forge author
close_referencepage - DEPRECATED - 2023-06-27 - Contact ruleset/extension/forge author

Tested on a new PFRPG1e/3.5e campaign with no other extensions loaded.

SmokeMeowt
November 28th, 2023, 15:54
With the latest hotfix/update, I have been getting the following message double posted to chat every time I open a WorldBuilder window:

resize_referencepage - DEPRECATED - 2023-06-27 - Contact ruleset/extension/forge author
close_referencepage - DEPRECATED - 2023-06-27 - Contact ruleset/extension/forge author

Tested on a new PFRPG1e/3.5e campaign with no other extensions loaded.

Shameless bump (Note: am on the Test channel)

nephranka
December 15th, 2023, 18:50
Now that it is live it is still throwing this to chat:

mikegraf
December 16th, 2023, 02:08
Odd - I loaded my campaign with the extension and saw no error.

Can I suggest you do the following to help narrow down the problem:
1. create a new campaign and load ONLY Player Extension to see if the problem reoccurs
2. if it does, try another rule set with a new campaign to see if it is somehow linked to a rule set
3. if it doesn't then slowly add other extensions or modules until you see the problem to try to find which module or extension causes the issue

nephranka
December 16th, 2023, 11:40
Odd - I loaded my campaign with the extension and saw no error.

Can I suggest you do the following to help narrow down the problem:
1. create a new campaign and load ONLY Player Extension to see if the problem reoccurs
2. if it does, try another rule set with a new campaign to see if it is somehow linked to a rule set
3. if it doesn't then slowly add other extensions or modules until you see the problem to try to find which module or extension causes the issue

Note in the screen shot: This is the only ext loaded and this is a new campaign. Also, the rulesset is listed: 5e

To recreate: open World builder, right click, select create item.

Engelmann
December 17th, 2023, 08:27
Until Damned fixed it in the Forge source.

Download PlayerAgency.ext joined.

Rename C:\Users\**user**\AppData\Roaming\SmiteWorks\Fanta sy Grounds\extensions\PlayerAgency.ext to PlayerAgency.old
Copy / Paste the downloaded PlayerAgency.ext to C:\Users\**user**\AppData\Roaming\SmiteWorks\Fanta sy Grounds\extensions

That's it.

Or

Open C:\Users\**user**\AppData\Roaming\SmiteWorks\Fanta sy Grounds\extensions\PlayerAgency.ext with 7zip or similar.

Edit \campaign\record_world.xml, line 71
Replace resize_referencepage -> resize_recordsheet

Edit \campaign\record_world.xml, line 72
Replace close_referencepage -> close_recordsheet

Save and close.

Source : https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/FGCP/pages/2179694626/Developer+Guide+-+Historical+Change+Guide

nephranka
December 17th, 2023, 11:32
Until Damned fixed it in the Forge source.

Download PlayerAgency.ext joined.

Rename C:\Users\**user**\AppData\Roaming\SmiteWorks\Fanta sy Grounds\extensions\PlayerAgency.ext to PlayerAgency.old
Copy / Paste the downloaded PlayerAgency.ext to C:\Users\**user**\AppData\Roaming\SmiteWorks\Fanta sy Grounds\extensions

That's it.

Or

Open C:\Users\**user**\AppData\Roaming\SmiteWorks\Fanta sy Grounds\extensions\PlayerAgency.ext with 7zip or similar.

Edit \campaign\record_world.xml, line 71
Replace resize_referencepage -> resize_recordsheet

Edit \campaign\record_world.xml, line 72
Replace close_referencepage -> close_recordsheet

Save and close.

Source : https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/FGCP/pages/2179694626/Developer+Guide+-+Historical+Change+Guide

Thanks! Unfortunately it is in the vault and I can not edit it.

Engelmann
December 17th, 2023, 15:40
Download it and and put it in C:\Users\**user**\AppData\Roaming\SmiteWorks\Fanta sy Grounds\extensions\
It worked for me.

damned
December 22nd, 2023, 22:19
I have updated Player Agency just now.

nephranka
December 23rd, 2023, 00:39
Thank you.