PDA

View Full Version : FGU doesn't load a campaign

Maetco
March 12th, 2020, 18:38
I migrated a campaign from FGC and started running it in FGU. I have ran it a few times. Today I first updated FGU and then launched the campaign to set up our session. The FGU crashed right before our session was supposed to start. After this I have not been able to load that particular campaign. I have been able to load a test campaign without actual content. I tried both lan and cloud lauch. FGU says that it starts tabletop scene (or something similar but then it remains in that logo screen forever.

Steps to reproduce the error
- See up
If related to updating, please include relevant section of the "FantasyGroundsUpdater.log" file found in your FG installation directory.
-na
Any relevant information from the "console.log" file found in your FG Data directory.
- as attachment
Operating system (Mac OS 10.15, Windows 10, etc)
- win 10
Language or Region Settings (see post #4)
- English
Ruleset(s) you are experiencing the issue(s) in.
- D&D 5e
Is this a newly FGU created campaign or one migrated from FGC?
- Migrated
What modules do you have loaded? Are any of these DLC from sources other than the FGU updater? (i.e. manually migrated or 3rd party content)
- D&D stuff from your shop + rob2e_5E_Conditions__Effects

Zacchaeus
March 12th, 2020, 20:16
As you say FGU Crashed for whatever reason and as the message in the console log says a back up has been created.

To fix your issue first of all make a copy of your campaign folder and keep it somewhere safe. Then, in the original folder find the file called db.xml and rename it dbold.xml or something similar. Now find the file called db.backup.xml. Rename that file to db.xml and start your campaign. If that doesn't work, then find the largest or latest date stamped db.session.xxxxxxx.xml file and rename that to db.xml and start your campaign.

Moon Wizard
March 12th, 2020, 22:02
After you restore (by making a copy and following Zacchaeus's instructions), try to open again. If it fails again, please zip up a copy of the campaign, and email it to us at [email protected] with a link to this thread.

Thanks,
JPG