PDA

View Full Version : Random Item Price

Willot
March 11th, 2020, 22:29
I dont suppose there is any syntax already, to do this?

Moon Wizard
March 11th, 2020, 22:36
No, there is no syntax for that; especially since there would be no mechanism to be able to sell through party sheet without knowing exact amount. Ranges and random numbers for prices are problematic for doing automation; because they essentially need to be resolved first.

Regards,
JPG

Willot
March 11th, 2020, 22:48
Ah, mmm I haven't looked at the code butPerhaps a method that gets called when the item gets a new container or Node or Parent (whatever its called), and that method checks the price field and if it has [ and ] in it, the price field is passed to a function that returns a value based on the parsed formula. THAT value is then placed into the price field and THEN then item appears in the party sheet or character sheet with that fixed price

Moon Wizard
March 11th, 2020, 22:55
Perhaps. Not something that is on my radar for the near future. Too busy with FGU rebuild work.

It would have to be community extension, or something prioritized later from wish list.

Regards,
JPG

Willot
March 11th, 2020, 22:59
Perhaps. Not something that is on my radar for the near future. Too busy with FGU rebuild work.

It would have to be community extension, or something prioritized later from wish list.

Regards,
JPG

OH NO! not for you to do. Back to FGU coding with you! BACK I SAY! *cracks whip*