PDA

View Full Version : Players De-Syncing

Dark Mullisha
March 11th, 2020, 21:16
Last Friday Night.

Update on in-game issues that have been experienced. This is FYI.

We have found that after playing for about an hour and a half that some players started to de-sync from the game. FGU would stop sending any information to the player, all other players were fine and still running. They would have to leave and rejoin the game, then everything was ok. At first, I thought it was just lag in the line with this one person but this happened to 3 different players.
The game was cloud-hosted and had 6 players + the DM.
I was using a tiled map. Fairly large. 600x600px blocks 18 across 10 down is area.
no Extensions
1 Mod, that was my Beastariy from my FGC campaign (homemade).
Tested speed of the Internet was 10mb down, 15mb up.

Love FGU thanks for all the great work Smiteworks is doing.

Thanks
Mark

Moon Wizard
March 11th, 2020, 22:07
When you say that they de-sync, are you saying that they are returning to the launch screen, or just that updates stop? Either way, can you please have them open the console (/console from in-game; or button in upper left of launch screen), then copy and paste information to this thread.

Thanks for the additional information. As one more data point, where are you and your players located? (country)

Thanks,
JPG

Dark Mullisha
March 12th, 2020, 00:45
When you say that they de-sync, are you saying that they are returning to the launch screen, or just that updates stop? Either way, can you please have them open the console (/console from in-game; or button in upper left of launch screen), then copy and paste information to this thread.

Thanks for the additional information. As one more data point, where are you and your players located? (country)

Thanks,
JPG

Just the updates. Players think they are still in-game.
Also, I am not getting anything that says they have disconnected.
Location is Australia
I will get the I console info for you.

Cheers
Mark

Moon Wizard
March 12th, 2020, 01:18
Yeah, the console information will help. We were seeing disconnects like that for two users; but recent updates to relay system for network library hosting addressed for us (in US). Based on what is in console, it may be the same error or a new one; but the console messages should help tell us that.

Thanks,
JPG

xazil
March 12th, 2020, 10:36
I was one of the players who lost sync. The game stopped updating in both directions but otherwise appeared to be working. I closed the client down and started up again connecting without issue (which reset my log unfortunately). Internet generally was unaffected as voice was working throughout.

Moon Wizard
March 12th, 2020, 22:00
Yeah, I think it's a timeout somewhere in the network facilitation service; but need to get any messages in the log to see what it might be, and to communicate with the developer of the network facilitation library to see what we can do to improve.

Regards,
JPG

Copernicus219
March 16th, 2020, 03:32
Last Friday Night.

Update on in-game issues that have been experienced. This is FYI.

We have found that after playing for about an hour and a half that some players started to de-sync from the game. FGU would stop sending any information to the player, all other players were fine and still running. They would have to leave and rejoin the game, then everything was ok. At first, I thought it was just lag in the line with this one person but this happened to 3 different players.
The game was cloud-hosted and had 6 players + the DM.
I was using a tiled map. Fairly large. 600x600px blocks 18 across 10 down is area.
no Extensions
1 Mod, that was my Beastariy from my FGC campaign (homemade).
Tested speed of the Internet was 10mb down, 15mb up.

Love FGU thanks for all the great work Smiteworks is doing.

Thanks
Mark

This is the exact issue I was having today. Also, this issue was not happening the week before.

xazil
March 16th, 2020, 03:43
As a note we played again on our Friday with 6 players. We did not experience the desync again in the approximate 3 hours of game. My logs showed I was getting a new Security Nonce regularly and a few other small errors regarding graphics. At the 3 hour mark we had a map that did not successfully load (every player had a different version of the map) where we halted play and testing. We do have pictures from the players on the map and console.log files available.

Moon Wizard
March 16th, 2020, 06:52
@xazil,
Can you clarify what you mean by "every player had a different version of the map"? Do you have any specifics on that?

@Copernicus219,
There hasn't been any changes to the networking system in the last week (other than changing matchmaking, which is only server registration). If you have any logs from both host and player from the console when it happens, that would be very useful.

Regards,
JPG

Dark Mullisha
March 16th, 2020, 09:27
Ok, so we played for about 3 hrs before we struck a problem.
6 players
3 hour of play
speed was 10mg down, 15mb up.
Location Australia
no extensions
1 mod my beastiary from FGC

We did not have the same problem with De-sync as described above by Xazil and myself last week.
We had a different issue.
Pictures lost colour and each player looks different.

Dark Mullisha
March 16th, 2020, 09:30

Dark Mullisha
March 16th, 2020, 09:36

I have attached the console logs that we could get.
We tried to reload the images, but nothing would work until the DM (myself) rebooted.
As soon as we rebooted it worked perfectly.
This problem happened about the same time as the week before.
Hope the logs help.

cheers Mark

Moon Wizard
March 16th, 2020, 09:36
Thank you very much for the pictures. That may be what xazil just saw as well; and it will help Carl understand what might be going on much quicker than an explanation.

Regards,
JPG

xazil
March 16th, 2020, 09:38
Yeap. Dark Mullisha posted my screenshot I shared with him.

Dark Mullisha
March 16th, 2020, 09:40
Yes Xazil plays in my game and you can see what he saw

regards
Mark

Moon Wizard
March 16th, 2020, 09:46
Excellent. I've created a task FGU-952 for Carl to investigate tomorrow.

Thanks again,
JPG

pindercarl
March 16th, 2020, 15:54
As a note we played again on our Friday with 6 players. We did not experience the desync again in the approximate 3 hours of game. My logs showed I was getting a new Security Nonce regularly and a few other small errors regarding graphics. At the 3 hour mark we had a map that did not successfully load (every player had a different version of the map) where we halted play and testing. We do have pictures from the players on the map and console.log files available.

Based on the information you provided, I am inferring the sequence of events was as follows:
1) Map in question was successfully used earlier in the session.
2) Map was closed.
3) Around the 3 hour mark the map was reopened and the error, as shown in the screencaps, was present.

Do I have this correct?

Also, can you provide a copy of the campaign?

Dark Mullisha
March 16th, 2020, 22:39
Based on the information you provided, I am inferring the sequence of events was as follows:
1) Map in question was successfully used earlier in the session.
2) Map was closed.
3) Around the 3 hour mark the map was reopened and the error, as shown in the screencaps, was present.

Do I have this correct?

Also, can you provide a copy of the campaign?

I started the game with a different map. Worked fine
moved to second map (map not preloaded) about 3 hours into the game. The map would not load and Tokens were not loading properly (see Pics). Had to reboot DM's game this fixed the map. Everything started to work fine. Yes I can send the Campaign tonight (At work).

pindercarl
March 17th, 2020, 04:04
I started the game with a different map. Worked fine
moved to second map (map not preloaded) about 3 hours into the game. The map would not load and Tokens were not loading properly (see Pics). Had to reboot DM's game this fixed the map. Everything started to work fine. Yes I can send the Campaign tonight (At work).

Thanks. So to clarify:
1) The session was running fine with the first map.
2) Approximately three hours into the game, you attempted to load a second map.
3) This map did not behave as expected and the screenshots you provided was the state of the second map when loaded.

Is this sequence correct? Was the first map still open when you attempted to open the second map?

Dark Mullisha
March 17th, 2020, 05:06
Thanks. So to clarify:
1) The session was running fine with the first map.
2) Approximately three hours into the game, you attempted to load a second map.
3) This map did not behave as expected and the screenshots you provided was the state of the second map when loaded.

Is this sequence correct? Was the first map still open when you attempted to open the second map?

yes that is correct.

Kysa
September 6th, 2020, 00:00
I am seeing something similar to this. I recently upgraded to Unity now that it released on Steam. Where I see the tokens located on the map is not the same location the players see the tokens on the map. Sometimes they would go to reposition their tokens and leave a copy of the token behind so they would see 2-3 versions of their tokens on the map in different locations. Next session, I will see if I can grab the logs from some of the players. I have ultimate and my players are running a mixture of demo and and standard. Everyone has had the issue happen during the last session. I think I had 8 players and me as the GM.

Moon Wizard
September 6th, 2020, 00:48
There is currently a known issue where tokens are duplicating on PC version of the map, if the GM re-shares the map after it is already open on the player screen. Having the player close and re-open the map from the Images list is the current workaround, while we work to identify and fix the issue.

Regards,
JPG

Dark Mullisha
September 6th, 2020, 00:49
Kysa We played last night and had a the two characters displaying as you have (two at a time. I had the players close the map and reopened it, this reloaded the locations and it reset the tokens to where they should be.

I noticed it happens when the DM moves characters and the players move at the same time (the same token) it seems to cause a glitch.

All the other issues have been fixed.