PDA

View Full Version : Dropdown menus request

Milke
March 10th, 2020, 18:22
Is there a way to get it to where dropdown menus don't always start at default of All when I go to a menu for the first time that session?
It would be good if there could be an option to choose my default or, barring that, just have it stay on whatever menu I was on last time, even when starting a new session.

Moon Wizard
March 10th, 2020, 18:32
I'm not sure what you are referring to specifically. Is there a particular window that you are referring to?

Regards,
JPG

Milke
March 10th, 2020, 18:47
I'm not sure what you are referring to specifically. Is there a particular window that you are referring to?

Regards,
JPG

Um. All of them, I guess.
Like when I go to open a map or image. Or a monster. If it's the start of the session, I either have to sift thru tons of stuff in the "All" menu, or I can narrow it down to the module I'm using. Which it's not a huge deal. I click the arrow, select it, then go back to what I was doing. It'd just be cool, if I could have it set to my own default, or just have it stay on the last one I was using from last session.

Moon Wizard
March 10th, 2020, 20:02
You are referring to the category menu in the campaign records lists. There are several places where combo-like boxes are used.

Why wouldn't you want it to default to all, so you can search for what you need? What else would we default to?

Regards,
JPG

Zacchaeus
March 10th, 2020, 20:06
I think what he means is if he is running say Dungeon if the Mad Mage and has that selected in the NPC window, he’d like that to stick in some way so that next session when he opens the NPC window DotMM is still selected rather than defaulting to All. I’m not certain that’s desirable really.

Milke
March 11th, 2020, 08:02
Yes. That's what I'm saying. To see if there was a way to change the default.

Moon Wizard
March 11th, 2020, 20:29
There’s no mechanism to do that in the rulesets. The default is All records.

The only two we know are always available is All and New/Uncategorized. Other than those two, any other categories are campaign or module specific.

Regards,
JPG