PDA

View Full Version : Halt! Player Safety Extension / X-Card

damned
March 10th, 2020, 13:29
There has been some recent discussion about how players can signal that the game may have taken a turn into topics or descriptions that are making them uncomfortable. This simple extension adds 2 small icons at the top of the chat window like this:
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=32036

When double clicked (I have set it to double click to avoid accidental usage) it will output a message to chat like this:
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=32037

At that point the GM and Players should evaluate the current scene and accept that someone is out of their comfort level and rework the story.

The message is anonymous and not tracked in any way.

This extension (or similar) is something that you should consider using when running one shots at conventions or for a group of players you dont know quite well. You might also use this extension when introducing a new player to an existing group.

MacDork
March 10th, 2020, 13:45
Thank you -- I was looking for a way to implement this.

damned
March 10th, 2020, 14:07
Feel free to pull it apart - its a very basic setup.

Pepor
March 10th, 2020, 16:00
Great idea to make the message anonymous :)

CthulhuRol
March 13th, 2020, 18:56
Damned, thank you so much for the contribution. With your permission, I'm going to translate the extension into Spanish and use it in my games. In Spain we call it X-Cards.

damned
March 14th, 2020, 00:41
Damned, thank you so much for the contribution. With your permission, I'm going to translate the extension into Spanish and use it in my games. In Spain we call it X-Cards.

Of course. Go for it.

Minty23185Fresh
March 21st, 2020, 21:49
Excellent thank you damed

digitalhobbit
March 25th, 2020, 05:23
This looks great!

Like CthhulhuRol mentioned, you may want to consider naming this "X-Card", as that's a well known safety tool in the RPG community.

damned
March 25th, 2020, 09:21
This looks great!

Like CthhulhuRol mentioned, you may want to consider naming this "X-Card", as that's a well known safety tool in the RPG community.

I appended X Card to the title. I havent called it X Card as the mechanic is similar but not 100% the same.

digitalhobbit
March 25th, 2020, 16:18
Great, that should do the trick, so users searching for "fantasy grounds x-card extension" will easily find this.

damned
March 25th, 2020, 21:32
There is another extension by Mattekure also. Different approach to the same - https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?54029-TTRPG-Safety-Toolkit-Extension

WyrdGM
March 29th, 2020, 21:53
I love this extension! Thank you so much.

BlueTressym
November 17th, 2020, 18:13
Hi. I'm new to FG and bought Unity; will this work with it? I know the two are different but I don't know how different.

I'm hoping it will because I feel that tools like this are a valuable addition to a gaming table. Thank you for creating it.

damned
November 17th, 2020, 21:29
Welcome BlueTressym

I havent tried it but I believe that it should work on Unity.

SirMotte
May 13th, 2021, 15:45
Works in Unity, I will provide support for my theme with V 2.6 that is coming out soon.

Cheers

BushViper
June 9th, 2021, 06:02
lol, that's all. Just....lol...

SirMotte
June 9th, 2021, 07:13
lol, that's all. Just....lol...

Are you talking about the extension functionality? It's quite simple, yes.

similarly
June 10th, 2021, 04:25
I think this is great! I would like to see this expanded to a few more things, actually:

- Can we take a break?
- Can we quit for the night?
- Can we move this along, this is taking too long

etc.

damned
June 11th, 2021, 00:12
I think this is great! I would like to see this expanded to a few more things, actually:

- Can we take a break?
- Can we quit for the night?
- Can we move this along, this is taking too long

etc.

I could - i have an extension on DMsGuild that has about 25 emojis and a similar number of scene setting messages.
The advantage of that one is the GM can set a maximum number of uses a player can have before it limits them as some people just get trigger happy.
If they over use they get a message telling them they will need to ask their GM politely for more uses.

https://www.dmsguild.com/product/320641/Express-Yourself

damned
June 11th, 2021, 00:13
Here is a promo link for it: https://www.dmsguild.com/browse.php?discount=99c7f743a4

similarly
June 11th, 2021, 00:23
thank you! I'll check it out!

BushViper
June 13th, 2021, 05:14
Edited

SirMotte
June 13th, 2021, 07:20
You are entitled to your opinion, but this is not a discussion for the forums or worth a discussion at all. Move along.

similarly
June 13th, 2021, 09:40
I find this necessary because I've played with some really diverse groups. Some people are okay with profanity and sexual role-play, and some aren't. Some are okay with graphic violence, and some aren't. Especially if you're with a new group, it can really help the GM to set some boundaries and a tone that's comfortable for people, especially when I have a group of players that work well together and I'd like to keep everybody happy.

Also, @Damned, I bought your extension. Thank you! I love it. Can't wait to try it out next Saturday!

damned
June 13th, 2021, 11:14
Dont tell the players its there. Let them find it themselves. And only give them about 5 or 10 uses and let them get it out of their system.
They will settle down after that and then they use it when it adds something to the game.

BushViper
June 15th, 2021, 19:24
Edited

ChrisRevocateur
June 15th, 2021, 19:44
Edited

Great job completely misunderstanding the purpose of things.

Just because you don't understand things doesn't mean there isn't a use.

SirMotte
June 15th, 2021, 21:32
Edited

Moderator: Comment removed. Not helpful.

ChrisRevocateur
June 15th, 2021, 21:41
Edited

Moderator: Comment removed. Also not helpful

BushViper
June 15th, 2021, 21:50
Moderator: Also removed.

ChrisRevocateur
June 15th, 2021, 21:55

Moderator: Not helpful. I think the user has made their point and we can all just move on please.

(And ironically this is exactly why such an extension exists)

ddavison
June 15th, 2021, 22:02
BushViper, move on. Posting in this thread again will warrant a temporary ban. Everyone else, please do not reply to any older posts of his for the same reason.

LordOfPandemonium
September 19th, 2021, 20:13
Looks like this extension has stopped working recently. I have tried it with just that 1 extension.

LordOfPandemonium
September 19th, 2021, 21:21
Ahh it is related to the now button doubleclick disable by default.
Just need to add in the allowdoubleclick block to the button control.
I have done that myself, and confirmed it does work.

damned
September 19th, 2021, 21:38
Thanks for that LordOfPandemonium

Ill get that updated.

LordOfPandemonium
September 19th, 2021, 22:10
Happy to help. Your extension is simplistic and does exactly what it needs to with no frills.

mythall
October 3rd, 2021, 19:44
Apologies! removing post as thread updated dramatically from the thread found by searching the forum (which didn't originally show posts past 2020). will re read entire thread and if applicable repost, otherwise please ignore.

mythall
October 3rd, 2021, 19:55
OK. got worried by moderator postings, re-read entire thread (for some reason all searches land me at pg1 and I didnt realize there were more posts more recent).

First the compliments:
The HALT! extension is my personal absolute MUST-HAVE one for safety tools, because it's simple and anonymous. The graphics are simple and don't require me to explain N/O/X or others to newer players and I like that its just there to be double clicked with results in the scroll of text /results... THANK YOU FOR PROVIDING THIS!

My questions that remain are: 1) is there a current release version that works with latest FGU since the break in past month or so, and 2) where can I get the latest working version?

...with the migration / banning of .ext between DMsGuild and the Forge I came up blank searching.

Thanks for the assist and all you do for the community!

damned
October 3rd, 2021, 23:15
Ill put a new version up in the Forge later today.

mythall
October 4th, 2021, 03:15
You are amazing!

damned
October 4th, 2021, 03:37
This has been uploaded to the Forge with a fix. It will be available once approved by SmiteWorks.

DND Nerd 1995
January 30th, 2022, 22:52
is this on the Forge or no?

damned
January 31st, 2022, 00:08
Yes.

Fezzik Buttercup
December 3rd, 2022, 00:22
Hey Damned!

Halt, I have the forge version up now (had the old extension, so got rid of that and then updated like a good little toad :) ). It load (and so does Player Agency, but kthe little stop/yeild signs are not to be found. I'm running off GURPS (which is running off the CORE). Not sure what's happening. I will investigate more (turn off all the other extensions and see if something is stopping the signs from showing.
Cheers!
Fezzik

Ok, something is messing with it; will get back to you (shows up when the only extensions are Player agency and Halt)

Ok, it's the All-in-One extension that seems to be the conflict. I informed that author as well. It places the modifier and dice tower at the top of the chat box which is maybe why it's a problem?

Anyway, Thank you for the extension and all your hard work!

damned
December 4th, 2022, 09:22
Hey Fezzik

I guess we are both writing to the same location...

hackRPG
September 12th, 2023, 03:18
Works great, is it possible to customise the text at all?

Darth Decisive
September 22nd, 2023, 04:33
Hey there! Love this extension, but it seems to be throwing an error that makes it unable to be used alongside rhagelstrom's Frankly Not extention

https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/937/view

Hope this can help in some way!

damned
September 23rd, 2023, 03:37
Hey there! Love this extension, but it seems to be throwing an error that makes it unable to be used alongside rhagelstrom's Frankly Not extention

https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/937/view

Hope this can help in some way!

Can you provide more info on how to create the error/issue?

rhagelstrom
September 23rd, 2023, 05:09
Can you provide more info on how to create the error/issue?

Fixed on my end
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?76089-Frankly-Not&p=698117&viewfull=1#post698117

damned
September 23rd, 2023, 05:24
Fixed on my end
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?76089-Frankly-Not&p=698117&viewfull=1#post698117

fantastic - thanks Ryan