PDA

View Full Version : Isometric Maps?

RoleforFun
March 9th, 2020, 02:41
Hey all,

I was doing some testing with the grid and custom aspect ratios. It seems like FGU can support isometric mapping - but the default distance calculations are incorrect. I apologize if this is addressed elsewhere and I missed it. I'm posting because I'm not sure if:

A) This is intended behavior - as is isometric maps aren't officially supported.
B) There's an option I need to change for proper distance to function.
C) If none of the above, is this something we can make work?

I've included 2 screenshots for reference showing how it correctly calculates in one direction, but not the other.
Thanks in advance for any feedback/assistance.

LordEntrails
March 9th, 2020, 03:37
Isometric maps are officially supported. No option I'm aware of, and I wouldn't think it would work like this (i.e. the 5'/10' alternating diagonals rule in 5E). And I haven't seen this reported or listed in the known issues thread. https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?50483-FGU-Playtest-Known-Items

I suspect Moon will be around in the morning to confirm this and if needed assign a issue number to it.

pindercarl
March 9th, 2020, 03:40
The issue is already being tracked as FGU-803 - Distance calculations for hex and iso grid types are not correct.

LordEntrails
March 9th, 2020, 03:47
The issue is already being tracked as FGU-803 - Distance calculations for hex and iso grid types are not correct.
I should have searched for 'iso', not 'isometric' :)

pindercarl
March 9th, 2020, 04:00
I should have searched for 'iso', not 'isometric' :)

I didn't see it on the list either.

RoleforFun
March 10th, 2020, 03:07
Thank you all for the quick responses!