PDA

View Full Version : Player Side Line of Sight

Reynard203
March 8th, 2020, 18:34
It appears as though the line of sight effects only work from the DM side. is that true or am I messing something up?

If i create a map with walls, from the DM console I can see the line of site effects for both PC and NPC tokens, but a player logged in (whether it is me on a second instance or another FGU user I invite in) sees only their token in a black field. I can clear the mask as per FG Classic.

Is this a known issue? Thanks.

Zacchaeus
March 8th, 2020, 18:54
What happens when you click on the token client side?

pindercarl
March 8th, 2020, 19:01
I can clear the mask as per FG Classic.

Masking, such as you would find in FGC, and line-of-sight in FGU are different components that can work in tandem in FGU. If you are able to remove mask areas, that implies you have masking AND line-of-sight turned on. Try removing the mask.

Copernicus219
March 9th, 2020, 02:48
So, I don't know if this is a bug or WAD, but I think when I first drop player tokens onto the map, it's black for them aside from their token. They then have to click on their tokens to see the area they are in

Zacchaeus
March 9th, 2020, 09:46
So, I don't know if this is a bug or WAD, but I think when I first drop player tokens onto the map, it's black for them aside from their token. They then have to click on their tokens to see the area they are in

That's correct