PDA

View Full Version : converting campaign to fgu - moduledb files duplicate text

Ckorik
March 8th, 2020, 17:15
An odd bug and one I didn't find in search - when moving a campaign over to fgu - existing moduledb files were 'duplicated' - not the files - but the contents - the size doubled or tripled and when opening any story entry it would have the text replicated (over and over and over) - this wasn't a visual bug as opening those xml files showed the actual text - duplicated over and over.

Deleting all files in the moduledb directory fixed this - and opening modules that were not present in the old campaign (so - opening a dlc that was previously unloaded) did not have this issue - it was only modules that had files previously created from fgc.

This occurred with no modules or extensions loaded (deleted module and extension state xml files) - as long as the files were still in the moduledb folder when the module was re-opened in unity the text would duplicate. Was able to reproduce every time I copied my campaign over - although oddly the number of duplicate text entries was not consistent - sometimes producing story entries that run on over and over...

Attached image for an example - not sure if this was or is a known issue the only moduledb related stuff was something about map-pins that was fixed around January - so making this report.

Moon Wizard
March 10th, 2020, 01:59
Do you still have the original FGC campaign? Can you send me the campaign folder zipped up?

Thanks,
JPG

Moon Wizard
March 20th, 2020, 22:11
Just pushed a new update that should stop this from continuing to happen; but it does not have any way to clean up the data. You can revert the record (or module) to reset to original module version.

Regards,
JPG