PDA

View Full Version : Extensions may have issues if they are nested under multiple rulesets

Ckorik
March 8th, 2020, 15:51
As reported to the extension thread - the 'tableimporter' for core rpg throws errors when loading under pfrpg in unity.

[3/7/2020 7:37:49 PM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] font: Missing file (graphics/fonts/Open_Sans/OpenSans-Regular.ttf) for font (subwindowtitle). [TableImport] [campaign/table_import.xml]
[3/7/2020 7:37:49 PM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] font: Missing file (graphics/fonts/Open_Sans/OpenSans-Bold.ttf) for font (subwindowsmalltitle). [TableImport] [campaign/table_import.xml]
[3/7/2020 7:38:20 PM] [WARNING] Could not load script file (PFRPG) () (campaign/scripts/char_labelframetop.lua)
[3/7/2020 7:38:20 PM] [WARNING] Could not load script file (PFRPG) (importtabletitle) (campaign/scripts/char_labelframetop.lua)
[3/7/2020 7:38:30 PM] [WARNING] textwidget: Logical font () does not exist

However the same extension loads fine when used in FGC - I'm pretty sure that PFRPG isn't the only ruleset that is nested more than one deep - and I'm unsure if this is intended behavior so it's a report.

Steps to reproduce: load the tableimporter extension from the coreprg ruleset
new or converted campaign: tested on both
ruleset: pfrpg
Modules: pfrpg theme official

Zacchaeus
March 8th, 2020, 16:13
This is something for the extension developer to look at rather than anything to do with Unity per se.

Ckorik
March 8th, 2020, 16:17
Please note that the files missing are part of core - the bug (as I see it) is that in fgc - an extension could reference files from the *base* ruleset - however in unity it appears that you can not.

Can this be an extension only issue? Sure - but the behavior changed from FGC to FGU - is this intended? I believe that the intent was to always flow down - that way if a nested ruleset (say PFRPG replaced those fonts) made changes they would 'flow up' into the extension.

That said - it's just speculation - this isn't a problem with the extension working in unity - it will if loaded under corerpg - it is a problem with 'extensions for corerpg will work with derived rulesets'

Zacchaeus
March 8th, 2020, 16:29
Please note that the files missing are part of core - the bug (as I see it) is that in fgc - an extension could reference files from the *base* ruleset - however in unity it appears that you can not.

This hasn't changed in Unity otherwise most rulesets would stop working. Almost every ruleset is based on Core. However extensions that work in Classic may not always work in Unity for a whole variety of reasons. The extension developer would need to delve into their extension to find out why that might be.