PDA

View Full Version : SFS 2-04: Future's Fall SAT March 14th @ 6.30 PM UTC

stephan_
March 7th, 2020, 22:50
Switched to SFS #2-12: Colossus Heist.

Tier 7-10, the subtier will depend on the players. Make sure to decide on a reasonable subtier.

If #1-09 and #1-20 are any indication, this could be a fun one.

Please note that due to the current health situation, there is the possibility of the game being canceled on short notice unfortunately.

Some UTC offsets may change (USA, Canada, ...)!

Please schedule around 4 1/2 hours for the game.

About the scenario:

A Starfinder Society Scenario designed for levels 7–10.

A group of skilled infiltrators has stolen precious data from the Starfinder Society's most secure location. When these agents attempted to sell their data on the world of Daimalko, they didn't count on rousing the attention of the planet's native colossi. Travelling along with a prominent faction leader, the PCs visit Daimalko to retrieve the stolen data and any evidence pertaining to the theft—evidence now inside the belly of an immense colossal beast!

Written by Amanda Hamon

Scenario Tags: Faction (Acquisitives), Vehicle

Technical details:

We will use Fantasy Grounds (I have an Ultimate license) and Teamspeak.

Steps before the game:

Make sure to both apply here as well as in the game calendar (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=3838), stating which character you'd like to play.

If you apply, make sure you send me your previous chronicle sheet of the character you want to apply this chronicle to (if you already have any chronicle sheet) either here or on Discord (Fantasy Grounds channel). If it is your first SFS game, I'll at least need your Paizo Organized Play # and your faction.

If you haven't already, also make sure to either build the character on FG yourself (and send it to me) or log in early enough so you can do so on game day.

Make sure you have updated Fantasy Grounds.

FG alias and Teamspeak server can be found under GM announcements in the game calendar.

Other notes:

Also make sure to track your purchases on the Inventory Tracking Sheet.

Be sure to apply on time (if you can make it) as the last games were rather full.

In your own interest, make sure the party is somewhat balanced level-wise.

Some boilerplate clarifications:

Please apply on the FG forums on both the game calendar as well as in the game thread (if multiple household members are playing, one person per household is sufficient). First, it's easier to tell how many spots are already filled that way. Second, the other players (as well as the GM) know what level and class to expect from your character (if you don't know yet, simply state TBD). Third, you'll get notified about any updates if you post in the game thread (at least about the first one). Fourth, it allows the GM to determine who applied first should it become relevant. Some exceptions might apply.

Also, please be sure to check the thread for new messages occasionally. You don't have to check each and every day or every few hours but please make sure to reply to any posts that do concern you in time. Should you remain unresponsive, I'll give the spot to a player that applied after you (as I won't know whether you are still interested in participating or not). Exceptions might apply, e.g. if you state beforehand that you won't be able to respond due to traveling.

If you apply but don't show up or drop out during the game without notice, in future games I might also give preference to other players who have a better track record of showing up. I am aware though that life and technical problems can always happen, so don't worry if you have a valid reason though.

These rules are not in place to prevent players from playing but in fact to enable players willing to play to actually do so. It's frustrating if I have to turn down players if it turns out they would in fact have been able to play.

HoloGnome
March 7th, 2020, 23:29
I think I am OK for this one - either Dyzx if makes it to 7 or pregen/8. I may have to travel on 3/15, but will check (and also CV disruption issues).

HoloGnome
March 8th, 2020, 06:40
It will be Dyzx - he made it to level 7, assuming lower subtier.

Malkavian_Andi
March 8th, 2020, 10:58
I already played this one, but I can check whether I have a replay available.

stephan_
March 8th, 2020, 23:22
Currently 3-4 players.

Malkavian_Andi
March 9th, 2020, 01:37
I just checked, and it looks like I have no character with a replay in that tier.

stephan_
March 9th, 2020, 09:54
If none of the other players object, I could also run another tier 7-10 scenario instead. I assume 2-12 Colossus Heist or 2-18 Forbidden Tides could work (less likely to have been played).

duhwoo
March 9th, 2020, 14:39
Otto is good-to-go for switch to either 2-12 or 2-18

Malkavian_Andi
March 9th, 2020, 19:42
I would probably prefer Colossus Heist, as I'm signed up to play Forbidden Tides with another group.

stephan_
March 9th, 2020, 21:23
Alright, we'll go with 2-12 Colossus Heist then (unfortunately I can't change the title).

Strangely, I'm not receiving any notifications about forum updates today.

stephan_
March 9th, 2020, 23:31
I'll let you know whether the scheduled games will be impacted by the new health measures as soon as I know - I'm currently assuming they can go ahead as scheduled but difficult to tell.

HoloGnome
March 11th, 2020, 18:36
I'm ok with colossus heist and Dyzx/7. I think I will be postponing my travel this coming weekend. And this one is 11:30AM my time.

stephan_
March 12th, 2020, 08:58
Quick update: One player had to drop out, so currently three players signed up, one of those can't guarantee he'll make it.

Should we still attempt to run the game (this one or another one) or should we delay for a week?

duhwoo
March 12th, 2020, 13:42
I'm good-to-go with either option: staying on March 14th or moving to the 21st...I just want to play Otto! (if he survives his next session, he'll make 8th level...)

Malkavian_Andi
March 12th, 2020, 16:32
I'd rather try this week, as I'll (hopefully) be traveling next week.

HoloGnome
March 12th, 2020, 22:40
I would like to try this week and will hopefully not have a conflict.

stephan_
March 12th, 2020, 22:59
Sent an update via email, unfortunately really difficult to tell at the moment.

stephan_
March 13th, 2020, 23:34
I should be able to run tomorrow's session.

If anyone wants to try organizing a lower tier season 1 game that is likely to have more than three players feel free to do so and I'll run it, if not, we can try Colossus Heist. I unfortunately do not have the energy to organize something like that at the moment.

HoloGnome
March 14th, 2020, 02:17
Still looking OK so far for me for tomorrow.

Malkavian_Andi
March 14th, 2020, 02:25
I'm also still ok for Colossus Heist. So lets try doing this.

stephan_
March 14th, 2020, 12:05
Alright, let's try it then.

duhwoo
March 14th, 2020, 15:44
yay!

HoloGnome
March 14th, 2020, 17:40
It would be nice to have more players. Pregen/8's are available!

stephan_
March 14th, 2020, 17:43
Actually 2 additional players might be able to make it.

HoloGnome
March 14th, 2020, 17:45
I just posted in the announcements - maybe that will help.

SchroedingersCat
March 14th, 2020, 18:21
Ireloss would like to join

stephan_
March 14th, 2020, 18:44
Currently five players.

Edit: The server is also up.

stephan_
March 15th, 2020, 00:18
One small correction: One of the Computer checks actually would have worked due to the DC being reduced by gaining an ally.

HoloGnome
March 15th, 2020, 02:40
Thanks for GMing! Good job!

[I liked the content and unusual theme, but the mechanical design was very wonky. It's hard to believe that this scenario's mechanics made it through the Paizo editing process. Anyway - definitely an interesting one with lots of potential, but needs some focused revision. Glad we had enough of a party mix to succeed, but I feel sorry for parties with fewer specific skill monkeys.]

stephan_
March 15th, 2020, 07:21
I think a lot of reviews agree on this one...

By the way, for future reference: Was the pace still easy to follow or would you have liked to spend a bit more time on the trickier sections (meaning the scenario also taking longer than 4 hours)?

stephan_
March 15th, 2020, 09:10
I made an additional post (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?54291) to get a better overview about scenarios people are interested in.

I would most likely run a lower level scenario (below level 7) next week and the next 7+ scenario in around 2 weeks again.

stephan_
March 15th, 2020, 21:18
Any preferences between

#1-06: A Night in Nightarch (3-6)
#1-08: Sanctuary of Drowned Delight (3-6)
#1-09: Live Exploration Extreme! (1-4)
#1-15: Save the Renkrodas (3-6)
#1-16: Dreaming of the Future (1-4)
#1-20: Duskmire Accord 9 (1-4)
#1-22: The Protectorate Petition (1-4)
#1-25: The Beacon Code Dilemma (3-6)
#2-01: Pact World Warriors (1-4)

on SAT March 21st 6.30 PM UTC?

SchroedingersCat
March 16th, 2020, 19:37
From that list I have played:
#1-06: A Night in Nightarch (3-6)
#1-20: Duskmire Accord 9 (1-4)
#1-22: The Protectorate Petition (1-4)
#2-01: Pact World Warriors (1-4)

stephan_
March 17th, 2020, 23:21
Game scheduled. (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?54406)