PDA

View Full Version : PFS2 #1-05: Trailblazers’ Bounty SUN March 15th @ 12.30 PM UTC

stephan_
March 7th, 2020, 22:28
Another attempt. Please note that due to the current health situation, there is the possibility of the game being canceled on short notice unfortunately.

Some UTC offsets may change (USA, Canada, ...)!

To clarify: This scenario uses the new PF2 rules and will be run as a Pathfinder Society scenario.

Please schedule around 4 hours for the game (a bit more if there are several new players).

Character creation in PFS2. (https://www.organizedplayfoundation.org/encyclopedia/pfs2edplayer-basics/#character-creation)

Quite a lot of character options in newer books just became PFS2 legal (https://paizo.com/community/blog/v5748dyo6sh3j?Pathfinder-Society-Character-Options)

If this is your first PFS2 game on this particular character, I will need to know your Paizo Organized Play #, your character #, your faction and your current gold (after character creation). You can either put it in the notes tab or send it to me some other way (see below).

If you already played this character, please send me your last chronicle sheet so I know the information mentioned above as well as chronicle #, reputation, XP and fame.

I can have the server up for you to build your character either GMT weeknight evening or possibly on the weekend (though be aware not all books are on FG yet).

If you need a pregen please notify me in advance!

In your own interest, make sure the party is somewhat balanced level-wise.

If you can, please try to send me your character 24 hours before the game so I can review any relevant rules.

About the scenario:

A Pathfinder Society Scenario designed for levels 1–4 (Subtiers 1–2 and 3–4).

The powerful nation of Cheliax has posted a public bounty that would richly reward the first team of explorers to chart a viable route across the Menador Mountains, linking the nations of Isger and Molthune (all to bypass the economic powerhouse of Druma, which has recently imposed higher taxes on key goods crossing its borders). Yet the Menador Mountains are an imposing obstacle, replete with steep slopes, snowy peaks, and territorial orcs. Even so, there are no finer explorers than the Pathfinders, and the Society has dispatched a team to collect the prize. Are the PCs ready to not only explore the foreboding mountains but also to compete with the rival teams and local inhabitants?

Written by Tineke Bolleman.

Scenario Tags: Faction (Horizon Hunters)

Some boilerplate clarifications:

Please apply on the FG forums on both the game calendar (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=3837) as well as in the game thread (if multiple household members are playing, one person per household is sufficient). First, it's easier to tell how many spots are already filled that way. Second, the other players (as well as the GM) know what level and class to expect from your character (if you don't know yet, simply state TBD). Third, you'll get notified about any updates if you post in the game thread (at least about the first one). Fourth, it allows the GM to determine who applied first should it become relevant. Some exceptions might apply.

Also, please be sure to check the thread for new messages occasionally. You don't have to check each and every day or every few hours but please make sure to reply to any posts that do concern you in time. Should you remain unresponsive, I'll give the spot to a player that applied after you (as I won't know whether you are still interested in participating or not). Exceptions might apply, e.g. if you state beforehand that you won't be able to respond due to traveling.

If you apply but don't show up or drop out during the game without notice, in future games I might also give preference to other players who have a better track record of showing up. I am aware though that life and technical problems can always happen, so don't worry if you have a valid reason though.

These rules are not in place to prevent players from playing but in fact to enable players willing to play to actually do so. It's frustrating if I have to turn down players if it turns out they would in fact have been able to play.

xazil
March 7th, 2020, 22:35
Probably my dwarf paladin

Alucair
March 8th, 2020, 00:54
I am in - however as mentioned I am new - so in terms of character I have no idea. But I am most certainly in and can take what steps are needed.

stephan_
March 8th, 2020, 08:21
Alright, looks like a legal table table then (3/4 players signed up).

Let me know if you need any help with character creation (in general or on FG).

Malkavian_Andi
March 8th, 2020, 11:00
I'm in, too.

quark12000
March 9th, 2020, 01:14
Need any more players? How does one begin in Pathfinder Society?

Malkavian_Andi
March 9th, 2020, 01:29
Need any more players?Sure. 6 players usually is maximum table size, so there's still room.

How does one begin in Pathfinder Society?You will need an Organized Play number, which you can get if you have an account on Paizo's website (Link (https://paizo.com/organizedPlay/myAccount)). Characters always begin at 1st level, just follow the character creation rules in the Core Rulebook. Anything that applies specifically to PFS can be found in the PFS guide (Link (https://www.organizedplayfoundation.org/encyclopedia/pfs2guide/)).

stephan_
March 9th, 2020, 08:50
Basically the important thing in PFS is to only use PFS legal character options - which are detailed in the PFS Guide. Anything from the Core Rulebook should usually be fine however.

PFS are usually one-shot but you can "carry over" XP und gold.

stephan_
March 9th, 2020, 16:09
Five spots currently filled, one still open.

quark12000
March 9th, 2020, 17:14
I'd like to play, but I will need to make a character.

stephan_
March 9th, 2020, 18:58
Alright, with that all spots filled.

Let me know if you need any help or need the server up to build your character.

stephan_
March 9th, 2020, 23:31
I'll let you know whether the scheduled games will be impacted by the new health measures as soon as I know - I'm currently assuming they can go ahead as scheduled but difficult to tell.

quark12000
March 10th, 2020, 06:19
Alright, with that all spots filled.

Let me know if you need any help or need the server up to build your character.
Yes and yes.

quark12000
March 10th, 2020, 15:59
I'll work on a character with Pathbuilder until I hear from you.

stephan_
March 10th, 2020, 18:43
Building the character: Let me know if you have any specific questions. PFS character creation mainly follows the standard character creation but more details here (https://www.organizedplayfoundation.org/encyclopedia/pfs2edplayer-basics/#character-creation). As long as you haven't reached level 2 yet, you can also still rebuild your character.

Server: THU or FR UTC evening might for example work.

quark12000
March 11th, 2020, 01:44
Building the character: Let me know if you have any specific questions. PFS character creation mainly follows the standard character creation but more details here (https://www.organizedplayfoundation.org/encyclopedia/pfs2edplayer-basics/#character-creation). As long as you haven't reached level 2 yet, you can also still rebuild your character.

Server: THU or FR UTC evening might for example work.

Sorry, but I'm working from 6:00pm to 2:30am UTC this week. Well, we tried.

stephan_
March 11th, 2020, 10:55
There would be three alternatives:

1. We could schedule a time on SAT / early SUN.

2. I can have the server up during the night/day (but I wouldn't be able to answer any questions).

3. I can ask some other people whether they can have a server up.

quark12000
March 11th, 2020, 15:14
There would be three alternatives:

1. We could schedule a time on SAT / early SUN.

2. I can have the server up during the night/day (but I wouldn't be able to answer any questions).

3. I can ask some other people whether they can have a server up.

Any of those is okay with me. I'll be unavailable Sat. from about 4pm to 10pm UTC.

Malkavian_Andi
March 11th, 2020, 16:23
I might be available to have a server up, depending on when you're available.

quark12000
March 11th, 2020, 17:07
I might be available to have a server up, depending on when you're available.

I'm available from 12:30pm to 4pm UTC and then from 3am to 6am UTC on week days. Saturday I'm available except for the hours in my previous post. I'm in the eastern US, if that's relevant.

Malkavian_Andi
March 11th, 2020, 17:51
On weekdays, I'm home from work at about 3 pm UTC, so that might be a bit unsure (I don't always get off work on time). 3 am to 6 am UTC, I'm usually asleep.

So best bet might be weekend times. Saturday, I'll be out of the house from about 8 am UTC to afternoon. I could have a server up before that, or after stephan's Starfinder game, which will possibly be finished at about 11 pm UTC (maybe later, there's a bit of uncertainty as it's a high tier game).

Also, there's still the chance that stephan is able to offer other times to have his server up.

stephan_
March 11th, 2020, 23:15
I could have the server up SAT before 4 PM UTC (though that may still be a bit early for US east coast on a weekend).

quark12000
March 12th, 2020, 06:30
I could have the server up SAT before 4 PM UTC (though that may still be a bit early for US east coast on a weekend).
3pm UTC would be ideal.

stephan_
March 12th, 2020, 09:04
Alright, if you already know your character concept, 1 hour should be doable.

Zergburger
March 12th, 2020, 12:41
i think i was talking to you guys about the saturday game in another thread, am i included in the group?

quark12000
March 12th, 2020, 15:45
Alright, if you already know your character concept, 1 hour should be doable.
Yes, I've pretty much built him on Pathbuilder.

stephan_
March 12th, 2020, 23:12
i think i was talking to you guys about the saturday game in another thread, am i included in the group?

I could fit a 7th person at the table if everyone is familiar with FG and PF2 in general and there are no objections - though it usually makes challenges easier.

General information about the game situation shortly via PM.

quark12000
March 13th, 2020, 00:13
I could fit a 7th person at the table if everyone is familiar with FG and PF2 in general and there are no objections - though it usually makes challenges easier.

Is that legal? If it is, I have no objection.

By the way, I just found out that I will be off all day tomorrow (Friday), so if that's better for you, I can make my character then.

Malkavian_Andi
March 13th, 2020, 00:20
7 players is legal, although it's better to avoid if possible, as challenges can get easier (although with the challenge point system that shouldn't be such a big problem) and combat takes quite long.

I'm generally in favor of having a 7th player at the table if that means nobody has to be sent away.

stephan_
March 13th, 2020, 23:29
Sunday game should be good to go (unless any other curveballs get thrown our way), character creation on SAT will likely also work.

quark12000
March 14th, 2020, 00:21
Good deal.

Zergburger
March 14th, 2020, 12:23
honestly i've never played pf2 before so take that as you will (reference: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?53624-PFS2-1-05-Trailblazers%92-Bounty-SAT-February-8th-6-30-PM-UTC )
we also were initially talking about Saturday, this is now a Sunday game though it looks like?

If you are running one the 28th or 29th i can make it, if you could message me or PM me discord info so i can be in better contact, that would help.

stephan_
March 14th, 2020, 13:01
As more people could make SUN (see the quoted thread), we scheduled it for SUN instead of SAT.

There is a possibility I can run something again on the 28th/29th but won't know until closer to the date, especially with the situation as unpredictable as it is now.

My contact details can be found in the game calendar.

I would also suggest you subscribe to the game announcement (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?16931-***-Game-Announcement-thread-***-Subscribe-to-get-email-updates-GM-posts-only!/page48) thread so you'll get notified about new games (technically for PFS1 and PFS2 but there hasn't really been a lot of PFS1 activity lately).

Rbsk220
March 14th, 2020, 14:20
Hi I would be interested in playing I have a character in mind that I could create in herolab I don’t know if that could be imported into fantasy grounds my character idea is probably human or half-elf fighter archer built
I do have a Paizo society number but haven’t played in a society game in years
I do know PF2e rules
Here is my society number
ID #96915

stephan_
March 14th, 2020, 14:37
Unfortunately we are already at the highest possible maximum (7 players). There is a chance that not all players will show up but I cannot guarantee it.

Edit: I'm stating the obvious here but if anyone already signed up can't make it: No problem but please notify me so I can accept another player.

Rbsk220
March 14th, 2020, 14:57
It’s ok I realized your time zone and mine wouldn’t work out anyway like for me it would be around 5am too early for me to play so good luck with the game

Unfortunately we are already at the highest possible maximum (7 players). There is a chance that not all players will show up but I cannot guarantee it.

Edit: I'm stating the obvious here but if anyone already signed up can't make it: No problem but please notify me so I can accept another player.

stephan_
March 14th, 2020, 15:39
If anyone wants to build their characters, the server is currently up (alias in the game calendar). Let me know if you need me.

quark12000
March 14th, 2020, 15:52
I'm not seeing the alias.

stephan_
March 14th, 2020, 15:55
You may have to accept in the line with your username first. (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=3837)

Edit: After that, you should see it both under server alias as well as in Technical Details under GM Announcements.

quark12000
March 14th, 2020, 15:57
Yep, that did it.

Carog the Fat
March 15th, 2020, 03:14
Applied in case there are drop outs or spaces

stephan_
March 15th, 2020, 07:24
I think one player dropped out due to problems building a character (unless I misunderstood something). Let me know if you need the server up.

stephan_
March 15th, 2020, 12:33
The server is up for the game in 1 hour but I'll still be eating. Let me know if you need me.

stephan_
March 15th, 2020, 13:37
Does anyone still want to join?

mizinamo
March 15th, 2020, 16:53
Kavak would like to buy a climbing kit (5 sp).

stephan_
March 15th, 2020, 18:59
Chronicle drafts sent.

Is there any interest in another game in 1-2 weeks?

mizinamo
March 15th, 2020, 19:22

I'd be interested in another game on Sun 22 Mar or Sun 5 April -- preferably starting before before 1400 UTC.

I probably won't have time on the next three Saturdays nor on Sun 29 April. (Unless meeting restrictions due to Corona virus mean that the offline games on those dates have to be cancelled.)

Alucair
March 15th, 2020, 19:33
Chronicle drafts sent.

I am interested definitely!

stephan_
March 15th, 2020, 21:22
The easiest one for me to run on SUN March 22nd 1 PM UTC would be #1-03: Escaping the Grave (as I have already played this I don't have to avoid spoilers) or some quests. How many have already played 1-03 and/or quests?

Malkavian_Andi
March 15th, 2020, 21:25
Unless meeting restrictions due to Corona virus mean that the offline games on those dates have to be cancelled.
Recent developments will actually cause them to be semi-canceled (they are going to be moved to online, I'll do a more detailed posting on the Hamburg PFS forum).

kpmyers1964
March 16th, 2020, 00:18
Let me know if you need another player to join. I've been GMing PF1 Rise of the Runelords with a group of friends, and am looking to play PF2 as a player. SUN March 22nd 1 PM UTC works for me. First time pathfinder society player.

mizinamo
March 16th, 2020, 05:38
How many have already played 1-03 and/or quests?

I have played the first 6 quests.

I haven't played 1-03 yet.

stephan_
March 16th, 2020, 10:30
Let me know if you need another player to join. I've been GMing PF1 Rise of the Runelords with a group of friends, and am looking to play PF2 as a player. SUN March 22nd 1 PM UTC works for me. First time pathfinder society player.

We usually go with order of signups, so feel free to apply once I post the game announcement.
Edit: I would suggest that you sign up to the PFS Game Announcement Thread (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?16931-***-Game-Announcement-thread-***-Subscribe-to-get-email-updates-GM-posts-only!/page48) if you haven't done so.

I have played the first 6 quests.

I haven't played 1-03 yet.

In that case, I could run 1-03. The only concern I have is that there are many similarities to 1-05. The other alternative would be 1-00 Origin of the Open Road. It has issues (pregens, length, ...) but is a metaplot scenario.

kpmyers1964
March 17th, 2020, 01:16
Thanks Stephan, will do! I'm open to playing Pathfinder 2 and Starfinder adventures/quests online.

stephan_
March 17th, 2020, 23:22
Game scheduled. (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?54413) (also a SFS game on SAT)

stephan_
May 29th, 2020, 12:06
Upcoming PFS2 clarification:

"Faction missions always grant 2 bonus reputation not 1 (for example in #1-05, #1-09, #1-15), going forward and retroactively."

As most players presumably have multiple chronicles after this one, it might be easier to adjust it manually on the latest one.