PDA

View Full Version : Create magic fountain & the like

Alkenix
March 7th, 2020, 14:27
Hello Folks.

Currently I want to create a magic fountain.
I come up with the idea of using a table with a d10 for this.
Is there a possibility with e.g. 3 automatically trigger a 2d6 healing? Or cause harm to the drinker?
I have already read your wiki entry on creating tables but found nothing: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/index.php/Tables
Or does Fantasy Grounds just give me the opportunity to output text and you have to trigger the event manually?

I appreciate any help. :)

I would also like to create a random trap. Is that possible?

LordEntrails
March 7th, 2020, 16:15
You can create a magic fountain or a random trap, but you can not automate application of the effects or 'attack'/damage. What I've done for the fountain is to create a story entry and link it to a table. Then the table you can put in the action/effects and just use the string to make the action or drag/copy to that effect. For the trap, I make an NPC with a link to the table, roll on the table, and then have all the possible actions/attacks already created in the actions of the NPC and just select the correct one and use it.

Alkenix
March 7th, 2020, 16:35
If I understand you correctly, I cannot put e.g. Enter an effect event like +2 on the armor class (or a corresponding spell that affects the target)?

And how can I insert an effect like blindness or fear into a historical entry that then triggers automatically? Or am I misunderstanding you right now? Since I don't want to do anything by hand here, except to press "dice" if necessary. ^^

Zacchaeus
March 7th, 2020, 17:14
Effects can only be added to the actions tab of the character sheet or from the effects dialog or in an NPC. To create those effects you need to actually create them in the actions tab or in the effects dialog or if worded correctly get them to appear on the CT when an NPC is added to it.

You cannot create effects in a table or story; so if you want a table to be able to select and effect in some random way you will need I think to create the effects in an NPC. So create an NPC called fountain and create in that NPC all of the possible things that could be rolled as traits or actions (and number them in accordance with the dice you are going to be using). If you word them correctly they should produce the effects you want. When you want to use it put the Fountain NPC on the combat tracker and then select a PC target. Have the PC roll the dice (or you do it or whatever) and you can then double click on the effect on the trait or action in the fountain NPC to apply it to the PC.

Information on how to word NPC traits and actions here https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/FGU/pages/884913/5E+Effects+for+Advanced+Automation#Automating-Effects-on-NPCs

Alkenix
March 7th, 2020, 17:57
OK. Thank you for the feedback.
I’ll just do it as text in the chat rolled by and table (like its done in the books). :D
This is not so "cool" as auto. but much less confusing than your suggestions. xD Sorry.

Zacchaeus
March 7th, 2020, 18:16
OK. Thank you for the feedback.
I’ll just do it as text in the chat rolled by and table (like its done in the books). :D
This is not so "cool" as auto. but much less confusing than your suggestions. xD Sorry.

Perhaps a picture might help.