PDA

View Full Version : 11th hour question about modifying 1.05 combat tracker

Dachannien
December 23rd, 2006, 13:36
Hey, all,

I was trying to make some minor modifications to the combat tracker (yeah, I know it won't mean jack once 2.0 comes out, but I'm doing it anyway), and I came upon the following problem. It seems that I can't use source tags within the combattracker_entry class. Trying to use such a tag causes FG to crash as soon as I open the tracker.

Example code:

<numbercontrol name="hp">
<invisible />
</numbercontrol>
<numbercontrol name="maxhp">
<invisible />
</numbercontrol>

<numbercontrol name="ctmaxhp">
<bounds rect="194,5,28,23" />
<source name="hp" op="+" />
<source name="maxhp" op="+" />
<value type="readonly" />
</numbercontrol>

The code is supposed to allow me to merge the HP info from the d20 database's monster entries with the HP info from my custom CRS. (I use current/max hp on the CRS instead of the somewhat weird hp/wounds thing, so the controls ended up being named different things.)

Anyway, if the source tags are included in the ctmaxhp control, FG crashes out with one of those "instruction at 0xwhatever attempted to access memory at 0xelsewhere" message boxes.

My suspicion is that since there is no database entry underlying the fields in the combat tracker, FG can't read those fields and use the values in other parts of the tracker. Is this true, or am I completely missing something? Is there a workaround?

Thanks much, and happy holidays :)