PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions for FG?

Redwolffield
March 6th, 2020, 11:35
Could the option be made that the Tower was or had an On / Off button instead of holding the dice by hand?

and another ... is a question more that suggestion.

The command "DMG: XdX" is multiplied in case of a confirmed critical.
There is some command so that no extra damage multiply if critical?
Thanks.

Zacchaeus
March 6th, 2020, 11:59
Add your suggestion to the wish list - link in my signature,

If you don't want the extra damage to be also critical then don't apply the effect but roll it separately. If an effect is persistently on a character you can switch off the effect in the combat tracker for one turn using the small cluster of buttons at the left side of the effect line. Note per the rules all damage that is applicable following a critical is doubled; so that's how the ruleset works.

Redwolffield
March 6th, 2020, 12:02
we use this damage for feat how Vital Strike, or Sneak attacks,
for example,
When flank an opponent, use a macro DMG: 3d6 self 1 roll.

Thanks for the another, i put the suggestion.

Zacchaeus
March 6th, 2020, 12:07
Yes, that is the correct way to do it. And if the rogue scores a critical hit then they also get the sneak attack damage doubled too - as per the rules. But I am assuming that you don't like this and want it not to double this additional damage.

Redwolffield
March 6th, 2020, 12:17
Emmm.
Pathfinder 1: Rogue Talent: Sneak attack:
Should the rogue score a critical hit with a sneak attack, this extra damage is not multiplied. Ranged attacks can count as sneak attacks only if the target is within 30 feet.

But I am assuming that you don't like this and want it not to double this additional damage.
And yes, because my players are very slow.... they can lose time, very time, only searchs and put the comands. When the discover this command, we gain a few time, but, when discover that duplicate in critial hit was...
"Add DMG; oh, it's a critial, damn, now go Combat Tracker, i quit the command... Roll damage, i Roll sneak attack appart, oh damn, i canīt damage to NPC.... GM (and I am reading the book looking for strategies or at another point of combat ...) Put the damage manual, please"
Ainx.....
xD

Zacchaeus
March 6th, 2020, 12:36
Ah, you never said pathfinder and as you can tell I don't know that ruleset.

In that case then I would instead of adding an effect I'd create a separate damage roll for the sneak damage.

Redwolffield
March 6th, 2020, 12:38
Sorry for no expecific.
:p ^_^U

Trenloe
March 6th, 2020, 14:27
Moved to the 3.5E/Pathfinder sub-forum.

The command "DMG: XdX" is multiplied in case of a confirmed critical.
I've just done a test in a PFRPG campaign and DMG: 1d6 (for example) is not multiplied on a critical.

Can you make sure you're running the v3.3.10 rulesets, check the version of all 3 rulesets reported in the chat window - CoreRPG, 3.5E an PFRPG.

Redwolffield
March 6th, 2020, 17:15
Moved to the 3.5E/Pathfinder sub-forum.

I've just done a test in a PFRPG campaign and DMG: 1d6 (for example) is not multiplied on a critical.

Can you make sure you're running the v3.3.10 rulesets, check the version of all 3 rulesets reported in the chat window - CoreRPG, 3.5E an PFRPG.

Thanks, when my player informed me, maybe was in v3.3.9, and i have taken in ask. thanks.

Ckorik
March 10th, 2020, 03:50
Redwolffield:

For stuff you don't want doubled - give it a damage type precision - the ruleset won't roll double damage on precision damage (that of course does introduce problems for creatures immune to precision - but there are less of those and so they'd be easier to work around?)

DMG: 3d6 slashing, precision I think

pic attached - showing it working

Kelrugem
March 10th, 2020, 04:12
Redwolffield:

For stuff you don't want doubled - give it a damage type precision - the ruleset won't roll double damage on precision damage (that of course does introduce problems for creatures immune to precision - but there are less of those and so they'd be easier to work around?)

DMG: 3d6 slashing, precision I think

pic attached - showing it working

As Trenloe mentioned: Such dice are never multiplied by FG in 3.5e/PF1, only fixed numbers and the weapon ones with a defined multiplier :) So, only for something like DMG: 5 slashing one has to be careful about when one does not want that it gets multiplied in a crit :)

But your advice is still valid of course :) So, indeed DMG: 5 precision would work (i.e. not multiplied by a crit). By the way no need to add the damage types of the weapon, they will be automatically added because precision is a special damage type and the code treats this already (similar for spell, critical and nonlethal).

What I also wanted to add: Such fixed damage boni from feats adjusting sneak attacks or flanking attacks are normally already treated as precision attacks in the rules :) Therefore I do not see a problem in your advice, it is not just a workaround but probably also in sense of the rules :)

(okaaay, there might be that one exceptional feat somewhere :D)