PDA

View Full Version : Vampire V5 Ruleset is Gorgeous!

Dr0W
March 6th, 2020, 04:48
Ok, I know the ruleset had a rocky start with a few bugs here and there.

But this is, by far, the most beautiful ruleset I've seen. The developer was very careful creating this piece of art with such prowess that makes me believe he has to be a Toreador.

I know most of the rulesets out there have different themes to make them more appealing to the eyes, and some others make my eyes bleed, and that sooner or later there will some talented users will come up with even better creations. But this one is a gem, with care and passion all over it. Just take a look at the sheets with your Clan symbol on it, and the Disciplines with their own icons. I just love it.

I know people are on their rights to complain about bugs, but I also think we need to recognize a beautiful work done with such care. Thank you.

Mokiyama
March 6th, 2020, 05:34
I am quite pleased with the aesthetics. I enjoy being in the space.

PoohPuss
March 6th, 2020, 06:06
Have you found a place to note down discipline powers? I can't seem find it anywhere.
Also, is there a function for making a relation-map Storyteller-side?

Mokiyama
March 6th, 2020, 06:26
Have you found a place to note down discipline powers? I can't seem find it anywhere.

To add the discipline powers, open the discipline on the character sheet (I think you click red dot link) and you can drag and drop the discipline powers there.

As to you other question, I had the same question the other day. To my knowledge there isn't a dedicated way to handle the relationship map. There is a neat suggestion on the thread (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?46274-Vampire-The-Masquerade-5th-edition/page11) where LordEntrails (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/member.php?34276-LordEntrails) suggests linking story pins with pointers on a map which I think is quite a creative solution.

I may still continue to maintain the relationship map separately and just update the in-game image as needed.

Luthbel
March 6th, 2020, 11:00
Thank you very much! much appreciated!
You´re right, my favourite traditional clan is the Toreador, and my real profession is 3D art.
I´ve been working on fixing the community list of bugs, and during the next days I´ll finish with those and do some fine-tunning in the graphic part.

Mokiyama responded first, thanks :)
About the relationship map, that´s a feature I´ve been designing in FG for some time (from the beginning of developement, indeed). We will use the watch order section of the partysheed (a complete remodelation of that section. You know... watch order in vampire is not a thing)

viresanimi
March 6th, 2020, 11:52
I know people are on their rights to complain about bugs, but I also think we need to recognize a beautiful work done with such care. Thank you.

The Second Inquisition might be messing with the code, but it can't hold back the creative powers of Art!

This ruleset indeed sets a new standard of what can be accomplished. I've done my fair share of reskinning FG previously and with the placement of graphical elements being very inconsistent and basically all over the place, you can tell an artist surely wasn't involved in setting it all up. But why not? If something looks amazing that is a selling point too!

So great work on making this look amazing!!!

Hector Trelane
March 6th, 2020, 16:58
Agreed. Well done. Attention to detail and Aesthetics are a core feature, not a side matter.

Especially fitting for Vampire (but would be appreciated in more/all rule sets...)

Valyar
March 9th, 2020, 17:37
One of the best looking rulesets so far :)

daddystabz
March 12th, 2020, 18:00
Does this have the specialty dice symbols in it?

viresanimi
March 12th, 2020, 18:06
Does this have the specialty dice symbols in it?

If you mean the Ankh's and stuff. Yes.