PDA

View Full Version : Import .mod not visible in library

Govanon
March 5th, 2020, 21:12
Greetings,
If this issue has already been addressed, I ask you to disregard it. But some mods with monsters and tables that I customized in FGC or Engineer Suite are not visible in the library. Should I do something or has the import feature not yet been implemented?

Zacchaeus
March 5th, 2020, 21:15
There is no import feature. If you have the modules in the FGU Modules folder and if the modules have been properly created they will appear in the module activation list the same as any other module.

If they are not showing up there could be an issue with the module itself. I'm fairly sure Engineer Suite hasn't been tested in Unity so that could be an issue with those.

Govanon
March 5th, 2020, 21:17
When I refer to "importing" it was the act of putting .mod in the Modules folder.

Moon Wizard
March 5th, 2020, 21:31
The modules will need to be copied separately into the FGU data folder under the modules subfolder. FGC and FGU use different data folders.

Regards,
JPG

Zacchaeus
March 5th, 2020, 21:33
When I refer to "importing" it was the act of putting .mod in the Modules folder.

Ah, right. I haven't see any issues with modules created in FGC opening in FGU (after all most modules are made this way). I'm not sure what reason there might be for one not opening. The only thing I can think of is that they might be double zipped? If you make a copy of one of the problem modules and change the .mod to .zip and unzip it you should not see another folder in there with the same name.

Mortar
March 5th, 2020, 21:39
Did you relaunch the client after dropping the mod files into the module folder?

Govanon
March 5th, 2020, 22:33
I did a test module in the Engineer Suite. It is not zipped, client relaunched when I put the file in the subfolder. It does not appear.

*Update - The mame module appears in FGC library and not in FGU library.

*Update 2 - Modules exported by FGC work well, exported by Engineer Suite does not. I imported the module made in ES to FGC, exported it and put it in the FGU subfolder and it worked.

Mortar
March 5th, 2020, 23:31
Weird. I haven't had that issue with ES.

Moon Wizard
March 5th, 2020, 23:51
Do you have a small sample module with a single record that exhibits this issue that you can post here?

Regards,
JPG

Govanon
March 6th, 2020, 00:03
Here! Made in ES.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1tTNK-rUcidjMKGyq8qxETbdiJEkAyQGH/view?usp=sharing

Moon Wizard
March 9th, 2020, 18:00
Appears to have something to do with the way that the file is zipped up. If I unzip and use as a folder, it works fine.

When I finally got a chance to do a detailed debug of the file, it looks like there are extra null characters being appended onto the end of each file name in the zip file, which apparently is not supported by the zip library we use.

The ES tool developer will have to look at why the zip file names have this extra data in the file, or you will have to extract and rezip before using.

Regards,
JPG

Govanon
March 9th, 2020, 18:06
Thanks for the clarification! I will try to rezip the files to avoid these characters.

epithet
April 16th, 2020, 18:54
EDIT: My bad, I zipped it wrong. Well, I zipped it right, but included the containing folder created when I unzipped it, which was wrong.

Re-zipping the archive and changing the extension does seem to fix the issue and give me a module that FGU can open without a problem. I would really like it if I could avoid this extra few steps, though - can FGU not use the same or similar zip library that Classic used?

I unzipped the module and re-zipped it (using 7zip.) Changed the extension to .mod, and fired up FGU.

Nothing.

Any other suggestions?

LordEntrails
April 16th, 2020, 19:08
EDIT: My bad, I zipped it wrong. Well, I zipped it right, but included the containing folder created when I unzipped it, which was wrong.

Re-zipping the archive and changing the extension does seem to fix the issue and give me a module that FGU can open without a problem. I would really like it if I could avoid this extra few steps, though - can FGU not use the same or similar zip library that Classic used?
Did you zip the folder or just the contents?

LordEntrails
April 16th, 2020, 19:09
It was zipped wrong for FGC. They both require that the containing folder not be included in the zip file.

epithet
April 17th, 2020, 07:09
It was zipped wrong for FGC. They both require that the containing folder not be included in the zip file.

The original zip was just the contents. When I unzipped it, the contents were put into a folder. I included the folder the first time, but then re-did it after I realized my error.

Chris103
June 12th, 2020, 14:55
So I am one of those New to FGU since the pandemic people. I just found Engineer suite and was going to direct my question to them but, it seems to be a hiatus between developers. I already can see the huge benfits of the program. However I am having issues having my mod file show. Am I missing a step.

1) I made 2 NPC's and saved them
2) I made a new project file (which did have NPC/Monsters checked in the selection box)
3) with that project file opened, (atleast I think it was because it did not give me an error saying the .INI file was not open) I opened each NPC individually and clicked Add To Project
4) With those steps completed I clicked the dragon to create a module for the current project.
5) after some searching I found the new mod file in my computers local FGU mod folder, which I then dragged into the FGU folder through the online app at the start up page to the mods folder.

My mod does not show up in the library, and I have searched for NPC's in the NPC tab and not found them either.

Am I doing something wrong or do you guys believe I have to dop this unzip zip thing you are talking about and if I do, can you please explain it? do I just use winzip? or a similar program?

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Loving the stability of FGU since the last major update!

GaryMon
June 12th, 2020, 18:42
What do you mean by this:
"5) after some searching I found the new mod file in my computers local FGU mod folder, which I then dragged into the FGU folder through the online app at the start up page to the mods folder."

If you found the mod file in your mod folder in the appdata, that is where it should be.
Unless I am missing something.I do not understand the dragging part into the online app. If the mod file is zipped right and setup for your ruleset, it should just show up in the right hand side of the startup and you check it to use.
I have Engineer Suite but have never used it because I play SWADE.

Understand, I am new to FGU as well, and you got me to wondering if I am missing something, I am in no way questioning your methods.

Chris103
June 12th, 2020, 19:16
after some searching I found the new mod file in my computers local FGU mod folder, which I then dragged into the FGU folder through the online app at the start up

I need to look and see if I have 2 different FG folders, because when i log into FGU and click the folder tab it is not there unless i manually drag it in.

After dragging the mod file in , restarting FGU and loading in. The module is not showing in my library or as a loadable module

Trenloe
June 12th, 2020, 19:18
There's a note in the Engineer thread - FGU doesn't recognise the ZIP format used. You'll need to unzip the mod and re-zip it.