PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Ultimate Equipment error

Copernicus219
March 5th, 2020, 02:31
I don't know if this is an error with FGU or an error with Pathfinder Ultimate Equipment book, but a lot of items, not all, but the majority of weapons and armor items I've opened from Ultimate Equipment appear to be built wrong and when they are added to inventory, do not show up on AC or on active window as a weapon.

Moon Wizard
March 5th, 2020, 20:43
Thanks for the report. This appears to be how the DLC is built, as it is the same in FGC. I've passed on to lokiare to forward to DLC developer.

Regards,
JPG

sciencephile
March 6th, 2020, 17:47
I don't know if this is an error with FGU or an error with Pathfinder Ultimate Equipment book, but a lot of items, not all, but the majority of weapons and armor items I've opened from Ultimate Equipment appear to be built wrong and when they are added to inventory, do not show up on AC or on active window as a weapon.

Hi, this what is listed is the same information that is in the original book (as can be seen via Archives of Nethys). However, as I believe that it only affects specific armor, shields, and weapons, I can add the extra information the original source material did not provide. It will most likely be available by next update.

lokiare
March 6th, 2020, 17:56

We'll get this fixed as soon as possible.

sciencephile
March 8th, 2020, 19:37
I just completed the fix and turned it in. You should see the fix very soon.

Copernicus219
March 19th, 2020, 01:12
I just checked on this and picked some random things - just glancing at a few, it does look like they are built as armor and weapons now. However, finding some flaws in accuracy:
Armor check penalty for Ultimate Equipment is 1 higher for some reason, ie, celestial armor should be -5 for check penalty, but it's -4

Also, I found something that doesn't look like it's rulebook specific - the accuracy on items is not correct -
for instance giant-hide armor (cloud giant) says in the comments it's a +3 hide armor - plain hide armor is +4 so AC should be +7
demon armor is full plate +4 so the AC for Full plate is +9, this should be AC of +13
celestial armor is +3 chainmail - chainmail is +6, so it should be +9 AC, also, it says it has a max dex bonus of +8 which in FG is showing +2, and arcane spell failure is 15% vs what it says in FG of 30%
Armor of insults is +1 studded leather, so it should be +4.

This looks like magic weapons are the same way. Which means that there is a ton of incorrect data in these
Dagger of venom
spirit blade
mace of smiting

all missing their bonus dmg.

sciencephile
March 19th, 2020, 04:07
I do think the celestial armor is wrong as it should be a -2 AC Penalty (that was specifically called out in the description).

As for the other stuff...

> The AC Penalties of the armors in general should be 1 less. This is due to the fact that magic armor must also be masterwork armor by default and masterwork armor is 1 AC penalty less.

> The bonuses don't doesn't within the Armor table (nor its item records) due to the architecture of the system. Once you drop it on a character, the bonus will show up.

> As far as the weapons not having the bonus damages (like the dagger of venom's poison or the flametongue's fire damage), that was by design. The PHB doesn't list the bonus damages either. Many are situational or have to be turned on and off.

Copernicus219
March 19th, 2020, 04:44
Okay, I will test the items on characters to see how they work. As far as armor check penalty, if you look at the items in the SS though, one is from core rulebook and other is from ultimate equipment. They are the same items with different Armor check penalties.

EDIT: The bonuses add like you said, I forgot I can't see the bonus fields for the locked items. Thanks.

Just seems like the armor check penalties need to be corrected.

sciencephile
March 19th, 2020, 05:16
They were incorrect in the PHB. I let the proper authorities know and I believe it is being fixed. It should be updated sometime in the near future.

sciencephile
March 20th, 2020, 17:11
I did go back and fix the Celestial Armor issue. I also found an issue with the Warden of the Woods armor and I have fixed that too. The fixed version is in the TEST channel and should be updated on the next Tuesday update.

Copernicus219
March 20th, 2020, 18:09
I did go back and fix the Celestial Armor issue. I also found an issue with the Warden of the Woods armor and I have fixed that too. The fixed version is in the TEST channel and should be updated on the next Tuesday update.

Awesome, thanks!