PDA

View Full Version : Fantasy Grounds VTMV5 going forward.

Nysno
March 4th, 2020, 20:45
What can we expect from Modiphius going forward?

When can we expect popular content like:

Vampire: The Masquerade 5th Edition: Fall of London

Vampire: Chicago By Night

What additional game guides are planned?

ddavison
March 4th, 2020, 21:12
Fall of London is planned, along with The Anarch and The Camarilla sourcebooks.

Astaroshe
March 4th, 2020, 22:59
Now we just neeed someone to make a working V20 based on this and we'd get a actually working V20/W20/other WoD conversion going again. (yes I know there are I think 2 V20 rulesets, aged, nonsupported, ab actually broken on FGU :P)

PoohPuss
March 5th, 2020, 00:10
Fall of London is planned, along with The Anarch and The Camarilla sourcebooks.

Any indication of eta?

Luthbel
March 6th, 2020, 00:38
Any indication of eta?

Camarilla is in developement, and Anarchs will come soon after Camarilla release. Maybe Fall of London will come after them, but I can´t give you a ETA right now.

viresanimi
March 6th, 2020, 05:31
Just a note on the Camarilla book. It introduces the best system Vampire has ever had for influence: Institutional Conflict. Now that system uses dice pools made from Institutional Attributes + character abilities. But since you can't roll dice without using character attributes... that is a bit of an issue.

I hope you're on top of that, cause that system is actually quite amazing.

Vinski
March 6th, 2020, 10:11
Glad to hear Cam and Anarch are on the way :)

I am curious on will there be support for the Onyx Path Publishing made supplements? Huge chunks of game world mechanics are in their books. Such as Clan Lasombra and Oblivion discipline in Chicago by Night 5th edition, and Clan Hecata in the in development Cults of the Blood Gods.

Luthbel
March 6th, 2020, 10:45
Just a note on the Camarilla book. It introduces the best system Vampire has ever had for influence: Institutional Conflict. Now that system uses dice pools made from Institutional Attributes + character abilities. But since you can't roll dice without using character attributes... that is a bit of an issue.

I hope you're on top of that, cause that system is actually quite amazing.

Taking note of it. Thanks much for the imput about it. The truth is that I´ve been thinking on it for some time. It won´t be very complicated, but I´m not sure where to place it.

Glad to hear Cam and Anarch are on the way :)

I am curious on will there be support for the Onyx Path Publishing made supplements? Huge chunks of game world mechanics are in their books. Such as Clan Lasombra and Oblivion discipline in Chicago by Night 5th edition, and Clan Hecata in the in development Cults of the Blood Gods.

Yep, I´m also intrigued on this. I will ask some people about it. My "dream" supplement to produce for FG is Chicago by Night. I finished reading the KS version of Cults of the Blood Gods some days ago and I´m really impressed on how they made the Hecata and the Cult of Death. Additionally, there´s one pregen in Fall of London of the Hecata clan, soo...

dp42276
July 13th, 2020, 20:45
any update on this or do i just need to copy my pdf's into the game.

Jonin
July 14th, 2020, 17:55
Camarilla book is now available on in the store

sabassh
July 14th, 2020, 19:46
Camarilla book is now available on in the store

Hi, do you know what's extra on this? The description on Steam and here y veeeery vague. I don't really know what i would get if i buy this.

Thanks!

Naurthoron
July 14th, 2020, 22:12
Based on the book itself I would assume that you will get the book content: descriptions (mainly updated lore and Camarilla structure), pictures, Lore sheets, and Clan Banu Haqim specifics (bane, clan compulsion, clan token, 2 additional rituals).

The general consensus that I have heard around me is that the price requested (almost the same as the one for the base ruleset) is too high compared to what it is expected to offer.

Rulebook is 420+ pages / Ruleset is offering the whole game mechanics in FG on top of the content + tables + NPCs.
Camarilla book is around 200 pages.

sabassh
July 14th, 2020, 22:26
Thanks! great summary

vortagin
August 1st, 2020, 13:19
instead of london Chicago by night gets us the lasombra clan and oblivion and we need that for both lasambra and hecata

Lensman
August 18th, 2020, 03:22
What can we expect from Modiphius going forward?

When can we expect popular content like:

Vampire: The Masquerade 5th Edition: Fall of London

Vampire: Chicago By Night

What additional game guides are planned?

There are 2 quick-start adventures available for V5: "the Monsters" and "The New Blood Starter Pack". Have there been any plans or discussions to have them officially converted to Fantasy Grounds?

DaddieCat
August 18th, 2020, 20:54
The New Blood pack (I have it) isn't really worth it, in my opinion. It's got some pregen abbreviated characters with simplified dice pools and is really just a short adventure to handhold you through teaching the ideas and rolls.

It could be used with other characters, but there's no lore there to make it worthwhile. The pregen characters as abbreviated SPCs wouldn't be useful currently as abbreviated SPCs don't import into the combat tracker, at the moment.

Ultimately I didn't find it to be worth the $5 I paid for it as the hooks were generic and really narrowly focused on these pregen characters.

Naurthoron
August 18th, 2020, 21:13
I find New Blood good for a one shot testing players and allowing them to discover the world and the game system.

I have created a module for personal use, it is relatively quick to create as there are few NPCs for combat interaction and more dialogue with the other NPCs. What took me time is to find sounds and develop a soundboard as well as finding pictures for NPCs and locations.

I doubt an official FG module will be created for New Blood seen that there are other priorities such as Chicago by Night and the Fall of London.

I did not like Monsters so much as it is, I had to adapt the story, and, again, it is a one shot scenario.

Naurthoron
August 18th, 2020, 21:20
Miss post, I did not see how to delete

Vaeron
October 22nd, 2020, 10:26
Has this gameline been abandoned?

vortagin
October 22nd, 2020, 11:53
the system takes time to build the next book. it took 8 months just to get the cam book out.

Naurthoron
October 22nd, 2020, 14:44

I definitely hope not!

pralix1138
October 22nd, 2020, 15:08

It can certainly seem like it, but it's getting better. We got a couple bug fixes this past week on it. Also, the system is so flexible that if you have any of the V5 sourcebooks, you can import any of the stuff you want. I created a homebrew Chicago by Night module for it so my players can play Lasombra and encounter many of the NPCs and locations from that sourcebook. I'm looking to do the same thing with the other sourcebooks.

callahan09
January 6th, 2021, 03:57
I've always wanted to get into Vampire: The Masquerade, for decades, and other than playing the classic PC games years ago, I never had a chance to get into it. I'm considering buying the ruleset for Fantasy Grounds, but as a Fantasy Grounds novice, I'd prefer to buy into a system that will get at least some support going forward, and have some ready-to-play adventures and some convenient add-on content like city guides or guild guides or whatever (as appropriate for this game, I think)... all available for me to buy and just plug-and-play, sort of. I also don't own any V:tM content in PDF or paper, so I have nothing I could import into the game myself even if I knew how. So, is this system going to get more content going forward, or is it dead?

pralix1138
January 6th, 2021, 04:05
I've always wanted to get into Vampire: The Masquerade, for decades, and other than playing the classic PC games years ago, I never had a chance to get into it. I'm considering buying the ruleset for Fantasy Grounds, but as a Fantasy Grounds novice, I'd prefer to buy into a system that will get at least some support going forward, and have some ready-to-play adventures and some convenient add-on content like city guides or guild guides or whatever (as appropriate for this game, I think)... all available for me to buy and just plug-and-play, sort of. I also don't own any V:tM content in PDF or paper, so I have nothing I could import into the game myself even if I knew how. So, is this system going to get more content going forward, or is it dead?

I believe there are plans to keep going forward with it. I read somewhere that the Fall of London chronicle was supposed to be in the pipeline.

callahan09
January 6th, 2021, 04:50
I believe there are plans to keep going forward with it. I read somewhere that the Fall of London chronicle was supposed to be in the pipeline.

Thank you for the answer!

Fear Grounds
January 6th, 2021, 06:15
Un-dead, Just waiting for the next growth spurt ;)

Orffen
July 15th, 2021, 11:05
No news on this one?

callahan09
July 15th, 2021, 19:33
No news on this one?

There was a new VTMV5 product that came out this past May.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/store/product.php?id=VTM5THCOMPANION

It is a free supplement that contains 3 new clans and some other little things, with some errata. I guess it's better than nothing. Hoping some cool paid expansions come out for it this year, though.

superteddy57
July 15th, 2021, 21:39
If you are interested in converting products to Fantasy Grounds modules, you can always reach out to our support (support.fantasygrounds.com) to inquire on the process.

Orffen
July 16th, 2021, 03:27
Ah thanks, didn't realise that was recent. Was hoping for some news on the Anarch book.