PDA

View Full Version : Coding trouble

WaveyDL
March 4th, 2020, 11:20
I'm trying to add fire effect that adds 1D4 to the target and 1D4 to the player. (Battlerager armour that catches fire when used)
I'm afraid my dyslexia is giving me a headache trying to work this out. Can anyone help please?

I've managed to get this working for rage but not sure how to add the damage. I was thinking to make a new Rage with the added fire but I can't get it to damage target and player for the duration.

"Rage; ADVCHK: strength; ADVSAV: strength; DMG: 2,melee; RESIST: bludgeoning,piercing,slashing"

TIA for ay help
WaveyDL

Zacchaeus
March 4th, 2020, 12:09
Hi Wavey welcome to the community.

You can add to the rage DMG:1d4, fire, melee and that should cover the damage to the target. Rage; ADVCHK: strength; ADVSAV: strength; DMG: 2,melee; DMG: 1d4, fire, melee; RESIST: bludgeoning,piercing,slashing

For the player you'll need another effect with targeting set to self and duration of a minute and make it DMGO;1d4, fire.

Now it isn't clear from what you are wanting to do whether the damage to the battleranger happens regardless of whether they hit or not. If it only happens on a hit then you'll need a different effect of just DMG: 1d4, fire and apply that manually to the player if they hit.

WaveyDL
March 4th, 2020, 13:39
Thanks muchly. I think it's working well enough now.