PDA

View Full Version : I Need Help With Mods

Blue Haven
December 19th, 2006, 17:01
Can anyone tell me how do i run a mod. file?? i put it in the modules directory but then what did i do to make it work??? Please help me with this...

Toadwart
December 19th, 2006, 18:36
If it's set up correctly you should be able to activate it from the 'modules' button (one of the little cluster of buttons at the tpo-right of the desktop)

If your module doesn't show up in the list of modules then it's possibly because the rulesets differ.
To check this: copy the .mod file, rename it to .zip and extract the contents. Look at the definition.xml file it should look something like this

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="iso-8859-1"?>
<root version="1.05">
<name value="Temple of the Toad" />
<ruleset name="d20" />
</root>

The ruleset name needs to match the ruleset of your campaign.

Theres some more info in this thread https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?p=23383&highlight=module+ruleset#post23383 that might also be relevant to your situation.
Have copied the most relevant bits here:

I think if you put the following in the base.xml file of your ruleset it will accept modules from d20 ruleset. Just make sure you know everything is compatible.

<importinfo>
<acceptfrom ruleset="d20" />
</importinfo>

Blue Haven
December 20th, 2006, 16:16
:) eheheh Thanks it works!! all i have to do is enter with the right ruleset bah so easy :) thanks Toadwart.

Blue Haven
December 24th, 2006, 15:34
Tell me one thing...the mods that don&#180;t work have a "d20-ae" can i change this to make it work with one of the rulesets that i have??

Kalan
December 24th, 2006, 16:04
Tell me one thing...the mods that donīt work have a "d20-ae" can i change this to make it work with one of the rulesets that i have??

You can - but its a lot of goofin around with the file. As its possible there are links in the module that will only work with the AE ruleset.

There are people round these parts that have more knowledge with this kinda thing than I - so they may be better able to assist you :)

Blue Haven
December 25th, 2006, 01:02
Ok thanks :) Kalan i will try to work this out...sorry to ask but do you have the Arcana evolved ruleset? can we make a game or two just for fun? my time is GMT+0 what do you think?

Kalan
December 26th, 2006, 10:23
Ok thanks :) Kalan i will try to work this out...sorry to ask but do you have the Arcana evolved ruleset? can we make a game or two just for fun? my time is GMT+0 what do you think?

I do have the AE ruleset - just no real time to whip somethin together as I'll be tied up with other projects....

Blue Haven
December 26th, 2006, 21:06
Oh Ok... :( Thanks anyway...