PDA

View Full Version : VtM5th Ruleset no available on brazilian Steam yet

Dr0W
March 4th, 2020, 00:33
Hello guys. I know it's been a hassle with the brazilian laws that you have to update your dlc, but to the date you can't purchase that on steam. So I've started this thread to raise visibility on the issue.

Thanks for all the help, and sorry for having unnecessary laws that require you to update a DLC every single time.

Arcanun
March 4th, 2020, 19:19
I was not aware of why i could not purchase it yet... im still not tbh, i dont know what law is that...

But yea, i still cant purchase it on Brazil steam.

ddavison
March 4th, 2020, 21:17
It was set to inherit from the parent but it has a mature content survey filled out for it. We will try to explicitly answer the survey for this DLC independently of the main parent application to see if that fixes it. because I am not fully aware of the answers to all the content questions, I have forwarded the survey to Paradox Interactive and asked them to answer the questions. Once I get that back, I will update the survey and re-publish to see if it fixes the issue.

The new law in Brazil is a real pain in the rear. We are happy to have you as part of our community, though, so we will work to get it resolved quickly.

Arcanun
March 4th, 2020, 21:22
I kinda feels bad now, i live here and im not aware of what law you guys are talking about

ddavison
March 4th, 2020, 21:28
This is what was recently added to Steam:

Self-rating for distribution in Brazil
Brazilian law requires that content distributed in Brazil be rated under the Brazilian rating system. If you choose to answer a short questionnaire about the content in your DLC, Steam will generate a Brazilian rating and descriptors for you. This will allow us to distribute your dlc in Brazil.

REQUIRED: CHOOSE ONE OPTION
Would you like to answer content questions about your DLC?
- No, I decline to answer content questions about my DLC and understand that my DLC won't be visible to customers in Brazil.
- Yes, I will answer questions about the content of my DLC so that my DLC will be allowed for distribution in Brazil by Brazilian law.
- I already have a rating for my DLC in Brazil and will enter it in manually below.

The questionnaire is as follows:
Please select any categories that apply to your DLC
FANTASY VIOLENCE
Cartoon violence
MILD VIOLENCE
- Fights without gore or blood; display of weapons; bones/skeletons; derogatory language; anguish
- Fear
- Criminal acts
REALISTIC VIOLENCE
- Blood; violent acts; accidental death; bodily injury; corpses; violence description
- Killing
- Violence against minorities or vulnerable groups; (example: violence directed to disabled persons, the elderly, sexual minorities); references to abortion
- Suggestion of minor involved in a sexual context
FREQUENT VIOLENCE OR GORE
- Contains extremely violent or gory content; (example: mutilation; torture; detailed deaths)
- Suicide; rape
HIGH IMPACT VIOLENCE/CRUELTY
- Glamorization of/incitement to violence; gratuitous violence; grotesque violence
- Suggestion or insinuation of minors engaged in sexual activity
HORROR
- Very frightening scenes; psychological horror
PROFANITY
- Cursing
- Crude language
NUDITY OR SEXUAL CONTENT
- Revealing outfits; sexual stimulation; sexual innuendo; sex-related language; masturbation
- Veiled nudity
- Contains non-explicit sexual content; prostitution; exaggerated eroticism or excessive erotic content (like focus on body parts in a dance, striptease, etc)
- Contains some nudity
- Contains long duration non-explicit sex content
EXPLICIT SEXUAL CONTENT
- Contains sexual content that is explicit or graphic and is intended for adults only;
- Genitalia
LEGAL DRUGS
- Insinuated consumption of alcohol or tobacco
- Use of alcohol or tobacco; unapproved use of medical drugs
- Medical usage of illegal drugs (e.g. medical marijuana, using an illegal drug for pain relief, etc.
ILLEGAL DRUGS
- Mention to illegal drugs
- Insinuated consumption of illegal drugs; description of illegal drug use
- Depiction of use of any illegal drugs; drug traffic
- Favorable speech about illicit drug use

Dr0W
March 4th, 2020, 22:01
Yea, I'm really sorry that you guys have to go through this, specially when it seems to be affecting many new releases. We can understand and wait for it to be fixed, thanks a lot for taking that extra step for us.

gandhi39
March 4th, 2020, 23:16
It was set to inherit from the parent but it has a mature content survey filled out for it. We will try to explicitly answer the survey for this DLC independently of the main parent application to see if that fixes it. because I am not fully aware of the answers to all the content questions, I have forwarded the survey to Paradox Interactive and asked them to answer the questions. Once I get that back, I will update the survey and re-publish to see if it fixes the issue.

The new law in Brazil is a real pain in the rear. We are happy to have you as part of our community, though, so we will work to get it resolved quickly.

��

The effort is appreciated

Arcanun
March 6th, 2020, 12:39
Is there any news about that matter? Or a estimative?

ddavison
March 6th, 2020, 14:38
I just got the survey answers from White Wolf/Paradox Interactive and completed it. I published the changes to Steam, so it should now show up in Brazil. Can someone confirm this for me?

Arcanun
March 6th, 2020, 14:39
It is confirmed ddavison! It is now working!

Thanks a lot!

gandhi39
March 6th, 2020, 14:55
Great news!