PDA

View Full Version : No Custom Button for easily creating new items

Copernicus219
March 3rd, 2020, 06:02
IN FGC there was a Custom button at the top of items allowing you to easily create custom items. This is missing in FGU

This is in Pathfinder w/ Official Pathfinder Theme

31875 FGU

31883 FGC

Honken
March 3rd, 2020, 09:18
The button to add items is in the itemlist, not the weapon list.

Photo (https://drive.google.com/file/d/1eoX_zebXp1lndHDmb0y_B9v_ksIKVBmx/view?usp=sharing)

/H

Honken
March 3rd, 2020, 09:29
So, right after I posted the last comment i noticed something i didn't see when i read it the first time.

To make a custom item, you still do it in the Itemlist, you grab the link, pull it down and release it, it will make a copy of the item, and you can unlock and edit the copy.

/H

Copernicus219
March 3rd, 2020, 12:23
That's not what I'm talking about.
I'm talking about this custom button is missing and was in FGC. It was a button that you can make a custom item off an existing item, like a magic dagger off an ordinary dagger. See SS.

Zacchaeus
March 3rd, 2020, 13:42
I'm assuming you are talking about the 'Custom' button at the top of the weapon dialog?

If so that doesn't appear for me in PFRPG in FG Classic so I'm thinking that possibly you are using an extension of some kind which generates that?

The normal method of creating custom anything is to make a copy of the item and edit the copy.

Copernicus219
March 3rd, 2020, 13:53
I'm assuming you are talking about the 'Custom' button at the top of the weapon dialog?

If so that doesn't appear for me in PFRPG in FG Classic so I'm thinking that possibly you are using an extension of some kind which generates that?

The normal method of creating custom anything is to make a copy of the item and edit the copy.

I don't remember installing an extension for that. It could be a feature of one of the pathfinder rulebooks.

I've created using the add item button as well, just the custom button was really nice and quick.

Zacchaeus
March 3rd, 2020, 14:01
I don't remember installing an extension for that. It could be a feature of one of the pathfinder rulebooks.

I've created using the add item button as well, just the custom button was really nice and quick.

It may be; I don't play PF so I only have the basic stuff. But no button appears with anything that I have.

Talyn
March 3rd, 2020, 14:02
Yes, that is from the Customized Item Generator (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?38761-CustomisedItemGenerator-Extension) extension. None of the default buttons are stuck onto window borders like that.

Copernicus219
March 3rd, 2020, 14:05
Yes, that is from the Customized Item Generator (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?38761-CustomisedItemGenerator-Extension) extension. None of the default buttons are stuck onto window borders like that.

Okay, thanks! I don't remember installing that, but I guess I must have.

Trenloe
March 3rd, 2020, 14:20
You can see that extension being loaded in your screenshots - the last couple of lines of the chat window.

Copernicus219
March 3rd, 2020, 14:29
You can see that extension being loaded in your screenshots - the last couple of lines of the chat window.

Interesting, I didn't notice that.

OdynStriker
March 20th, 2020, 18:35
Hi, folks.

So, yeah I wondered EXACTLY if it is installable in FGU and HOW to install it. I searched hours, and can't find any hints to this, besides what it does and how to get it.

I'm new to Fantasy Grounds and working all tutorials I can find at the moment. Then I stumbled uppon this and want it. :)

Zacchaeus
March 20th, 2020, 19:09
Hi, folks.

So, yeah I wondered EXACTLY if it is installable in FGU and HOW to install it. I searched hours, and can't find any hints to this, besides what it does and how to get it.

I'm new to Fantasy Grounds and working all tutorials I can find at the moment. Then I stumbled uppon this and want it. :)

Hi OdynStriker, welcome to FG

Extensions such as this one are placed in the FG Data/Extensions folder and then when you start a campaign or load one you can select which extensions to load into the campaign. It isn't clear to me whether this extension works in Unity or not.

OdynStriker
March 20th, 2020, 20:57
Hi OdynStriker, welcome to FG

Extensions such as this one are placed in the FG Data/Extensions folder and then when you start a campaign or load one you can select which extensions to load into the campaign. It isn't clear to me whether this extension works in Unity or not.

Thank you very much!:) This explanation helps me a lot! :D

Copernicus219
March 20th, 2020, 22:13
I haven't been brave enough to try it. Maybe after other bugs are fixed.

OdynStriker
March 21st, 2020, 10:24
Ok, I tried and can't get it to work, so I suppose this extension doens't work with Unity. Yuks.

OdynStriker
March 21st, 2020, 22:08
Ok, I tried and can't get it to work, so I suppose this extension doens't work with Unity. Yuks.

Hold yer horses right there! I made it happen. It functions completly well. Didn't see the extension buttons in the client loader at first, but did now. After I toggled it, it functions as desined. Neat!:):o:D