PDA

View Full Version : Looking for players or group for VTM

Nysno
March 2nd, 2020, 23:27
Post interest to join or start a campaign here.

Nysno
March 2nd, 2020, 23:28
Looking for group: Experienced with Fantasy Grounds 5e modules (currently in a 1 1/2 year campaign), and have played VMTB many times.

NOOBKILLA
March 3rd, 2020, 15:20
I'm interested in joining one... I've been the GM of a VtM chronicle for close to a year now, haven't been a player yet.

PoohPuss
March 3rd, 2020, 18:45
I'm interested in participating as a player. I don't GM tho :)

jkru2133
March 4th, 2020, 14:29
I would also be interested in participating as a player

Raunalyn
March 4th, 2020, 20:42
I would love to join! I eventually want to run a game, but I would like to play with the system for a while, first.

Spectral Force
March 4th, 2020, 21:09
I would also be interested in playing this. I'm not up to date on the 5E rules yet but I've been playing various VtM, Dark Ages, Hunter, etc since the 90's.

PoohPuss
March 5th, 2020, 03:16
I'm interested in joining one... I've been the GM of a VtM chronicle for close to a year now, haven't been a player yet.

Does that mean you're taking up the mantle of Storyteller as the first one ever on FG? :D
You'd go down in history

Nysno
March 5th, 2020, 08:21
Does that mean you're taking up the mantle of Storyteller as the first one ever on FG? :D
You'd go down in history

Theater of the mind:

Insert .gif of child wandering around looking for a plug for his new toy.

NOOBKILLA
March 5th, 2020, 14:31
You'd go down in history

haha, I don't think my abilities would live up to the title... I'm fairly new. I'd love to join someone elses chronicle for a change however.

bchaddock
March 5th, 2020, 16:59
I would love to play. It's been so long since I last played VtM.

Engorgio
March 5th, 2020, 17:30
Our Chronicle starts next wednesday! super excited! it will be streamed :D

DanBookman
March 5th, 2020, 18:48
I would also be interested in joining a game as a player

Luthbel
March 6th, 2020, 00:48

Canīt wait to follow it!!

PoohPuss
March 6th, 2020, 01:55

Link?
Also, will you be playing bought material I shouldn't watch in hope of one day getting to play it, or something homemade I can watch without fear of spoilers?

Artemis_Entreri
March 7th, 2020, 20:06
If any other games pop up i'd love to play in a chronicle. have missed the world of Darkness and have had trouble finding a game .

MARVIN THE ARVN
March 9th, 2020, 18:01
I'd also be interested in playing or possibly running a VtM Chronicle.

Sadly, I won't be free to run anything of this until mid May+ and I'd prefer to run it in FGU as at the moment my connection forces me to use Hamachi.

If I was to run I would most likely run it as...

'The North by Night'

"Since the fall of London nearly a decade ago, the north has become a hotbed of conflict and intrigue, the Prince of York 'John de York' initially used the fall of London as an opportunity to expand his influence into cities such as Leeds and Bradford but he has not been seen for a couple of years and now his affairs are handled by his great-grandchilde. This has greatly destabilised the region and combined with the exodus of other elders to the east has created opportunities never seen in recent kindred history.

Manchester remains the northern powerhouse and lynchpin of the Camarilla's/Mithradite Cults influence, Liverpool still claims to support the cult and ivory tower but you hear talk of increasing Anarch influence, Bradford and Leeds fell into anarchy after John de York plots stalled with his disappearance but in recent nights under the Banu Haqim Bradford has rejoined the Camarilla, Newcastle has fallen to the Anarchs, Hull was believed to have fallen to the Anarchs but tales talk of creatures far worse and the Treme of Durham have remained silent. In addition there is talk that the Mithradites may be looking to expand the cults influence into Yorkshire and have been seen meeting with various factions.

Standing among this chaos is York, a bastion of canite stability throughout the ages since its creation in 71 AD, it is here that the future of the North could be decided, will you help prop up the ageing ivory tower, tear it down or watch with interest and snatch what you can from the shadows, the choice is yours."

What do you think?

FeatheredDrachyn
March 12th, 2020, 07:07
I dont have the FG rule set yet but I would love to run or play in a game. It's been a long time since I've run Vampire. Would love to see a werewolf expansion.

PoohPuss
March 13th, 2020, 23:17
I'd also be interested in playing or possibly running a VtM Chronicle.

Sadly, I won't be free to run anything of this until mid May+ and I'd prefer to run it in FGU as at the moment my connection forces me to use Hamachi.

If I was to run I would most likely run it as...

'The North by Night'

"Since the fall of London nearly a decade ago, the north has become a hotbed of conflict and intrigue, the Prince of York 'John de York' initially used the fall of London as an opportunity to expand his influence into cities such as Leeds and Bradford but he has not been seen for a couple of years and now his affairs are handled by his great-grandchilde. This has greatly destabilised the region and combined with the exodus of other elders to the east has created opportunities never seen in recent kindred history.

Manchester remains the northern powerhouse and lynchpin of the Camarilla's/Mithradite Cults influence, Liverpool still claims to support the cult and ivory tower but you hear talk of increasing Anarch influence, Bradford and Leeds fell into anarchy after John de York plots stalled with his disappearance but in recent nights under the Banu Haqim Bradford has rejoined the Camarilla, Newcastle has fallen to the Anarchs, Hull was believed to have fallen to the Anarchs but tales talk of creatures far worse and the Treme of Durham have remained silent. In addition there is talk that the Mithradites may be looking to expand the cults influence into Yorkshire and have been seen meeting with various factions.

Standing among this chaos is York, a bastion of canite stability throughout the ages since its creation in 71 AD, it is here that the future of the North could be decided, will you help prop up the ageing ivory tower, tear it down or watch with interest and snatch what you can from the shadows, the choice is yours."

What do you think?

I hope you fire up this campaign and soon. We really need to get some FG VtM5-games going to get a growing community. :)

Personally I'm not looking for a war-oriented game in VtM5. I used to do some of those back in 2e, and it tended to devolve into cyberpunk with fangs pretty quickly. I'm looking for a game where the focus is keeping out of the headlights of whatever powers that be and keep one's own head attached to ones shoulder. As such your last option of "snatch what you can from the shadows" might be fun, all depending on whether it's just another entry into the war or staying out of it as much as possible. The war backdrop would be fun (for me) if the goal is to stay out of it.

Regardless, I hope you decide to run it asap, and I'd love to hear some more about what the last option would entail. :)

MARVIN THE ARVN
March 14th, 2020, 00:02
I hope you fire up this campaign and soon. We really need to get some FG VtM5-games going to get a growing community. :)

Personally I'm not looking for a war-oriented game in VtM5. I used to do some of those back in 2e, and it tended to devolve into cyberpunk with fangs pretty quickly. I'm looking for a game where the focus is keeping out of the headlights of whatever powers that be and keep one's own head attached to ones shoulder. As such your last option of "snatch what you can from the shadows" might be fun, all depending on whether it's just another entry into the war or staying out of it as much as possible. The war backdrop would be fun (for me) if the goal is to stay out of it.

Regardless, I hope you decide to run it asap, and I'd love to hear some more about what the last option would entail. :)

Hey PoohPuss, thanks for the comments.

Well, as fate would have it, my overseas trip has been cancelled, I wonder why :D So I may be able to run something sooner, depending on FGU.

TBH, I'm pretty easy going about the whole thing, if I was going to run a game I'd probably get the players together, chat about what we want from the game and create characters, this would then allow me to tailor what you want with an interesting story within that 'The North by Night' background. Of course the background will change with time and if you want to get involved and steer the ship thats fine but if you don't and are happy to let the North change without interfering that is also fine. The story will likely be focused on York but those others bits and bobs are dropped in to add a bit of flavour for those that want that, i.e. want to ask someone about blood magic, a trip to Durham might be in order, looking to ask an elder a question then a trip down the M62 to Manchester could be required but then again that is through the peak district (National Park) and who knows what lives there. I mainly just want to give Vamp 5th edition a go as a few of the mechanics seem interesting, its not dnd :p and I havent played since 2nd edition.

If the group wanted to run a chronicle about staying out of any potential war or even stopping said war thats fine with me, I tend to run my games fairly sandboxy and I'm more than happy for players to push ideas forward. With regards to the watch with interest and snatch what you can I can see many chronicle ideas but I think it would be easiest to see what the characters wanted and cared about but an example could be, trying to avoid getting press ganged by one of the main factions and even trying to get your turf considered neutral territory, you could be the Babylon 5 of Vampire :D Or maybe you were never properly introduced to the Prince or were on the not winning side of a war and are now considered free game. Either way, lots of ideas an possibilities that would be best aligned with a group of like minded folk.

i3ullseye
March 14th, 2020, 05:11
I might be available to jump in on a game. Preferably with a Discord chat running. I am not 100% against video chat, but it eats up more bandwidth than some people can handle at times. For me it would be fine. I am willing to play ANY type PC. Especially something a Storyteller needs to add to a group. So if anyone thinks they need that 'one more player', feel free to message me and we will see what we can do. Right now, Wednesdays are my D&D night, so that one is unavailable.

trobiant
March 14th, 2020, 18:17
Looking for Players currently need 2-3 more for Chicago at Night. Here is the link to the calander https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/?id=3862
here is the post in the LFG area https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?54250-LFP-VTM5e
Game times are posted in the Calendar. The first session is 26, March 18:00 CDT (UTC-5 I believe it is -5 now daylight savings time and all)
If interested shoot my a PM.

MARVIN THE ARVN
March 14th, 2020, 18:35
Looking for Players currently need 2-3 more for Chicago at Night. Here is the link to the calander https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/?id=3862
here is the post in the LFG area https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?54250-LFP-VTM5e
Game times are posted in the Calendar. The first session is 26, March 18:00 CDT (UTC-5 I believe it is -5 now daylight savings time and all)
If interested shoot my a PM.

I'd like to get involved but sadly thats a late start for a brit on a work night, I hope it goes well!

PoohPuss
March 15th, 2020, 07:33
Well, as fate would have it, my overseas trip has been cancelled, I wonder why :D So I may be able to run something sooner, depending on FGU.

I'm ready to join. Shall we do this?
It'll be interesting to see what happens to this war once COVID-19 hits and it becomes apparent that it's engineered by the Inquisition to poison human blood against Vampires. 4% worldwide human casualty rate deemed within acceptable parameters.

FeatheredDrachyn
March 15th, 2020, 13:22
I would love to return to the role of Storyteller in this new WoD. I have Sun-Tues (all day) open atm. I am in US Eastern timezone, and if we can find a time that works for 3-7 players, we can make it happen. PM me with preferred days, times, clans, prior RPG experience, and anything else you consider relevant.

MARVIN THE ARVN
March 15th, 2020, 19:06
I'm ready to join. Shall we do this?
It'll be interesting to see what happens to this war once COVID-19 hits and it becomes apparent that it's engineered by the Inquisition to poison human blood against Vampires. 4% worldwide human casualty rate deemed within acceptable parameters.

lol, funny you mention that about COVID, I was thinking the same thing :D

Well, I'm game if we have enough interest, Feathered Drachyn also seems keen to run, although I'm not sure I would want to play with 6 other players, just because you have so little voice time and I find its easier to have ones concentration wander is an online game :D

Just to throw it out there, Mon/Weds/Thurs could work for me, I'm GMT and would prefer a 1900ish start ending no later than 2300, I think EST is -4 so that may not work for a lot of folk. I could put on a euro game and Feathered cover the US, especially the west coast as that is way behind us.

PoohPuss
March 15th, 2020, 19:10
Sounds great :)

MARVIN THE ARVN
March 15th, 2020, 20:18
Righto, do you have FGU? As I would rather run it in that.

FeatheredDrachyn
March 15th, 2020, 21:30
Ideally, I like to run 4. I was leaving it open to more because there dont seem to be too many potential Storytellers, and a few folks always end up dropping out due to life happening.

PoohPuss
March 15th, 2020, 22:38
I have both FG and FGU. That is to say, I pledged for FGU. I haven't tried FGU yet tho and I haven't checked if there are any limitations on it's usage tied to pledge-level.

MARVIN THE ARVN
March 15th, 2020, 23:32
Ideally, I like to run 4. I was leaving it open to more because there dont seem to be too many potential Storytellers, and a few folks always end up dropping out due to life happening.

Righto, makes sense, the problem is when all 7 turn up :D

I have both FG and FGU. That is to say, I pledged for FGU. I haven't tried FGU yet tho and I haven't checked if there are any limitations on it's usage tied to pledge-level.

Awesome, I'll look into FGU and see what players need to players need. Either way, I'll advertise the game to look for an extra player or two as I mentioned it to friends and we should get at least one from them.

vortagin
March 16th, 2020, 10:54
would be happy to run this. pm me for a discord invite sundays 12-4 pm CST.

trobiant
March 16th, 2020, 14:44
Needing 1-2 more players for VTM game some infor about if below

FG License: Ultimate (Players Only Need Demo)
Game System:VTM 5e
Time Zone:CDT (UTC-5)
Day of week and time: Thursday @ 6pm
If new game, planned start date: Thursday, March 26, 2020
Planned Duration & Frequency: The game will run 2 times a month (example: first 2 sessions would be March 26, and April 2 then off for two weeks and then April 23 and 30th will be a session and repeat.)
Text or Voice: Voice
Voice software used: Discord
Will this be recorded and/or live streamed? No

Roleplay & Combat mix: VTM is a very roleplay heavy game so 80/20 90/20 Roleplay combat it isn't D&D
Number of Players in game & needed: Looking for 4-5 players
Character starting level & equipment: VTM isn't like typical TTRPGs characters will start out as fresh licks (new vampires, no thin-bloods)
Character restrictions: Published Material used when making your vampire (no homebrew)

Here is the link to the calendar also:
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/?id=3862

MARVIN THE ARVN
March 16th, 2020, 20:45
Howdy all,

I've created a thread in LFPs so feel free to sign up if you fancy some FGU VtM 5th.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?54325-LFP-Vampire-the-Masquerade-5th-GMT-FGU&p=480943#post480943

Grutmiesh
May 20th, 2021, 00:20
I'm looking for a game as a player.
One-shot/Long Campaign, doesn't matter
It would be my first time playing VtM on FG.
I'm wanting to ST but want to learn the system as a player first to see how things work.
I'm in the Central Time Zone.
Weeknights and Weekends are good for me.
If anyone is interested in starting something soon hit me up!

gsrocco
August 14th, 2021, 12:41
It's from 2018 but I'm up to play VTM5! :)

mg1
August 14th, 2021, 13:42
hi am in the midst of rolling up characters for my version of London by night all welcome to join as want as many players and refs to form a uk wide chronicle so the refs get to play in the same world of darkness .tues and friday from 8 the character is limited to clans camirilla no thin bloods,if we get enough players for the community will expand to anarchs and sabbatt werewolves and mages and the obscure as player characters
i also play and ref 5e and am looking for a good party to join in with

finthesloth
August 22nd, 2021, 23:31
i would love to play. i was listening to la by night I have 4 books. I have played other ttrg dnd5e starwars:sage alfma. the power and stuff just sounded cool. im free most days after 8 pm est

mg1
August 23rd, 2021, 19:41
hello there come along on friday night 8pm is and will get your vampire rolled up and ready to go pasword is LondonByNight

madcheshire32
August 28th, 2021, 06:28
I would love to join a group as a player <3. I bin a forever DM for D&D and would love to join a vampire game.