PDA

View Full Version : Vampire the Masquerade Bug Reports

Pages : [1] 2

ddavison
March 2nd, 2020, 17:04
Please review the wiki first for documentation on how to use the various features.

https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/FGU/pages/183336961/Vampire+The+Masquerade+5th+Edition+VTM5TH

If you have any questions about how to use the ruleset or if you receive any error messages, please post them here and they will be addressed by the developers as soon as possible.

To post a bug, please provide this level of detail:

If you are on FGU or FGC
The version # displayed on the launch message. It actually says 1.0 Beta currently but will update as we patch it
Step by step to reproduce it or if you can't reproduce it
Screenshots if you can. (Windows key) + Shift + S is great for grabbing parts of the screen on Windows to your clipboard

Thanks.

Dr0W
March 2nd, 2020, 17:07
I'm using the version that says "Vampire the Masquerade 5th Edition ruleset v1.0.0 (Beta) for Fantasy Grounds Copyright 2019 White Wolf", which I'm unsure is the correct one.

If you create a character and try to use the skill rolls, it displays a "Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_disciplines.lua"]:27: attempt to index local 'nodeDisciplines' (a nil value)", error.

This error stops showing up as soon as you open the tab "Other" tab, where the Disciplines are placed.

Calirae
March 2nd, 2020, 17:27
Some of these error messages I’ve seen in other rulesets, like Starfinder, so they might be Core issues?
I’d also like to point out that some of the screenshots on the help website are using Core RPG 3.3.10, whereas the publicly available version of Core RPG seems to be 3.3.9, which could explain some of these errors, maybe?

Inventory, Haven Tab: the dot value is not interactable; and after entering any text into the provided text box, it creates the following error:
Script Error: [string "common/scripts/list_textitem.lua"]:13: attempt to index field 'windowlist' (a nil value)
Script Error: [string "campaign/scripts/char_invname.lua"]:8: attempt to index field 'windowlist' (a nil value)
Ruleset Warning: window: Anchored static height ignored for control (haven) in windowclass (charsheet_inventory)

Trying to Unshare Entries (Image, Items, anything really):
Script Error: [string "access"]:1: attempt to call field 'unshare' (a nil value)
(Unsharing still works by right-clicking the shared item and picking the “Unshare” option, but clicking the white “P” icon generates the above error.)

SPCs
Every creature has an empty <<New Ritual>> in its ritual section under Traits.
The Discipline links on creatures link to empty versions of the discipline, instead of the one with the flavour texts and explanations
Some Disciplines don’t have icons (Protean for Anarch Revolutionaries, for example)
Players can access SPC sheets, and, if they try to manipulate them in any way they get a myriad of different errors:
Script Warning: setValue: Database node not owned (reference.npcdata.id-00003.health.dots@Vampire the Masquerade)
Script Warning: setValue: Database node not owned (reference.npcdata.id-00003.willpower.dots@Vampire the Masquerade)
Script Error: [string "npcsheet_main:skills"]:1: attempt to index a nil value
Script Error: [string "campaign/scripts/char_invname.lua"]:8: attempt to index field 'windowlist' (a nil value)
Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_dice_system.lua"]:149: attempt to index local 'rSource' (a nil value)

viresanimi
March 2nd, 2020, 17:36
Lets get the easy stuff out of the way first.

Imposter's Guise - Obfuscate level 5 - If you look at the powers list, it is listed as a level 1. Which is wrong. In the reference manual its title is completely missing. The prerequisite for the power has taken the place of the power.

As mentioned in a previous thread. There seems to be overlap between the dice icons and the + icons on the character sheets. If you press the dice icon on the right side of it, you actually hit the + icon instead.

I get that you need to select a skill and then roll from the atttributes. But why then are there dice icons at the skills? It simply has to be fixed so it can be done in the other way around too. I mean... 25 years of doing it in a certain order then having to reverse it. I mean. Every reference to dice rolls mentions the attribute first! Its seem so counter intuitive. Please I beg you.. I will even endure a blood bond, if you will heed this request good sir! *grins*

Not a bug, but a suggestion: For the disciplines list. It would be nice if the powers could be listed under their main entry. Ie. Cloud Memory was listed under Dominate, so you didn't have to open 2 windows to find the notes you're looking for. I mean it works fine, but I just like to find things a bit faster, and this is something that often needs referencing.

And finally an observation: The way dice are used with the +symbols are a bit clunky, for my personal taste. The symbols are tiny. To me it would seem to be simpler to just use a dice box, and add dice to it, by double clicking on the dice symbols and then from the dice box. Kinda like the star wars ruleset does it. Of course, White Wolf may hate that. I dunno. Just seems like a better way of doing things in my opinion.

Anyways. It is beautiful! And the NPC sheet is actually great. Thank you for that!!!

NOOBKILLA
March 2nd, 2020, 17:59
Discipline checks double up on the attributes
https://i.gyazo.com/2b9913203117fad9b358c06b49cf9a74.png

Skill checks are normal and Attribute tests appear normal

doodleimp
March 2nd, 2020, 18:05
Heya!

Another thing to add, It seems that the predator's are missing thier flaws or are otherwise incomplete!

Example: Consenualist is missing the dark secret and prey exclusion flaws. Osiris predator is missing the 'Spend three dots between the Fame and Herd Backgrounds" and "Spend two dots between the Enemies and Mythic Flaws".

The rest also seem to be missing things from the book!

Hope this helps!

NOOBKILLA
March 2nd, 2020, 18:08
@Doodleimp Dark secret appears to be missing entirely from the flaws list!

Engorgio
March 2nd, 2020, 18:12
FGC, v.3.3.9

Clicking on Toreador disciplines gives you a blank discipline page

Also for the life of me can't figure out how to change it from Generation 13. It seems stuck.

doodleimp
March 2nd, 2020, 18:40
FGC, V 1.00 (beta) ruleset

Clicking on 'items' via the Reference/Core Rulebook menu and then trying to select a item (example: flamethrower) brings up the following error (or similar):

Runtime Error: desktop: Unable to create window with invalid class (reference_item : item.id-00014@Vampire the Masquerade)

Selecting an item via the 'item' menu button (not the book) works as normal

Naurthoron
March 2nd, 2020, 18:55
FGU
Ruleset version 1.0.1 - fixed in 1.0.2

Error message at launch after creating a host campaign and pressing the Start button

[3/2/2020 7:56:00 PM] Launcher scene starting.
[3/2/2020 7:57:49 PM] Starting cloud server mode. [x]
[3/2/2020 7:57:52 PM] Game server started. [x.x.x.x:x]
[3/2/2020 7:57:52 PM] Launcher scene exiting.
[3/2/2020 7:57:52 PM] Tabletop scene starting.
[3/2/2020 7:58:05 PM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] icon: Could not find image file (graphics/icons/clan_thinblood.png) for icon (clan_thinblood). [VTM5TH] [graphics/graphics_icons.xml]
[3/2/2020 7:58:35 PM] [WARNING] Frame hotkeytitlebox contains out-of-range values in Middle.
[3/2/2020 7:58:35 PM] [WARNING] Frame hotkeytitlebox contains out-of-range values in Right.

Naurthoron
March 2nd, 2020, 19:04
FGU/FGC
Ruleset version 1.0.4

Library > Backgrounds
Mawla as supertitle instead of Mask

Naurthoron
March 2nd, 2020, 19:10
FGU/FGC
Ruleset version 1.0.0 (Beta), fixed in 1.0.1

Clicking on any dice next to an attribute or skill triggers the following error message:

Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_disciplines.lua"]:27: attempt to index local 'nodeDisciplines' (a nil value)

Naurthoron
March 2nd, 2020, 19:13
FGU/FGC
Ruleset version 1.0.4

Predator type on character sheet when from the existing predator types and advantages / disadvantages immediately applied. A dice should be available based on the attribute/skill matching the predator type for quick roll.

Naurthoron
March 2nd, 2020, 19:23
FGU
Ruleset version 1.0.3 - fixed in update 2020-04-14

The dice result icon is a rectangular white shape background (instead of transparent as in FGC) that goes beyond (bigger) the dice background image. Also it is not easy to distinguish standard black dices from red hunger dices (countrary to FGC) due to the result size on top of the background dice image.

Naurthoron
March 2nd, 2020, 19:37
FGC

Disciplines layout: if I click on disciplines power I get the following error message:

For a level 1 discipline power:
Script Error: [string "item_level1"]:1: attempt to index global 'rank' (a nil value)

For a level 3 discipline power:
Script Error: [string "item_level3"]:1: attempt to index global 'rank' (a nil value)

ddavison
March 2nd, 2020, 20:10
We just pushed update 1.0.1

From the devs:

Character and NPC sheets rolls can roll both if you use the”+” symbol in the attribute and roll with the skill or vice versa.
There was a typo in the Animalism 5 power called “Drawing out the Beast”. The typo was “Dwawing”
The Discipline icon was a bit tol low. I changed the size from 40*40 to 38*38, and moved it 2 pixels up
Beta message in chat replaced with 1.0.1 version

viresanimi
March 2nd, 2020, 20:17
Dice issue fixed

Nope. Still needed to open the "other" tab. And that was after updating and a fresh new campaign, to avoid errors.

Typo fixed in ref manual
If that is the Obfuscate error, the title is now at the bottom of the previous power. Ie. misplaced.

EDIT:

if you try to type the character "f" (lower case) where you type in skill specializations (both character and spc sheets), it looks... eh.. not like an f? As far as I can tell, it is the only letter that has a problem. Kudos for allowing æøå - I am sure some Danes will appreciate that!

Issue on the SPC sheet: Under the Notes tab. If the sheet is unlocked and you accidently click next to the Background or Appearance fields (ie. on the grey background), you can type in a hidden text field. Pretty sure that shouldn't be the case.

ddavison
March 2nd, 2020, 21:02
Nope. Still needed to open the "other" tab. And that was after updating and a fresh new campaign, to avoid errors.

If that is the Obfuscate error, the title is now at the bottom of the previous power. Ie. misplaced.

EDIT:

if you try to type the character "f" (lower case) where you type in skill specializations (both character and spc sheets), it looks... eh.. not like an f? As far as I can tell, it is the only letter that has a problem. Kudos for allowing æøå - I am sure some Danes will appreciate that!

Issue on the SPC sheet: Under the Notes tab. If the sheet is unlocked and you accidently click next to the Background or Appearance fields (ie. on the grey background), you can type in a hidden text field. Pretty sure that shouldn't be the case.

Please see more detailed fix list. Thanks.

Jonin
March 2nd, 2020, 23:44
To change the generation,Click on the number 13 and type to change generation. Or you can do the mouse-over, CTRL+mousewheel to change the number. Thanks to Erelon for helping me with that one!

Luthbel
March 3rd, 2020, 00:02
I´ve take note of all the imput. The fixes will come in an update in some days.
Please, if you find more bugs or any kind of suggestion, place them here.

Erelon
March 3rd, 2020, 00:34
FGC, v1.0.1

Relating to physical combat. There doesn't seem to be any place for combat statistics in the character sheet (just "name of weapon" and "damage") and the SPC's don't have a place for it at all. Is there something i'm not understanding about how to do combat rolls? For instance, the Gangster SPC has skill dots in brawling and firearms, but no weapons or attacks section. There are sample stats in the ref manual for different types of weapons, so it seems as though the type matters (pistol vs. brass knuckles vs. automatic rifle, etc.)

Dr0W
March 3rd, 2020, 01:16
FGC, v1.0.1

Relating to physical combat. There doesn't seem to be any place for combat statistics in the character sheet (just "name of weapon" and "damage") and the SPC's don't have a place for it at all. Is there something i'm not understanding about how to do combat rolls? For instance, the Gangster SPC has skill dots in brawling and firearms, but no weapons or attacks section. There are sample stats in the ref manual for different types of weapons, so it seems as though the type matters (pistol vs. brass knuckles vs. automatic rifle, etc.)

Combat in V5 is so simple I really don't know how or if it should be automated. So it might not be a bug, but intentional.

Nysno
March 3rd, 2020, 03:08
First update is out...looks like they are busy doing the diligence.

Mokiyama
March 3rd, 2020, 03:49
FGC: 3.3.9
VtM5th: 1.0.1

On the Character Sheet "Main" tab under "Advantages" the dots for any of the linked merits, flaws, etc. do not synchronize with the dots "value" when you open the linked item.

EDIT:

This is NOT a bug.

I am quite certain that the Value is the cost of the merit, where as the dots on the charactersheet is for dice bonuses. For example the Looks merit costs 2 or 4 points, but the bonus it gives is 1 or 2. Having seperate values, lets you add the bonuses, while the description lets you keep track of cost.

If this is intended, then my above comment can be disregarded.

Mokiyama
March 3rd, 2020, 04:23
FGC: 3.3.9
VtM5th: 1.0.1

On the Character Sheet "Inventory" tab under "Haven" the dots for haven value give the following error when attempting to edit them. I had given the haven a name, clicked on the left-most dot, and then clicked in the text field under "Location" below the haven name when the console window with the error popped up.

Ruleset Warning: window: Anchored static height ignored for control (haven) in windowclass (charsheet_inventory)

Martin2301
March 3rd, 2020, 05:26
Hi, that ruleset is available ?

viresanimi
March 3rd, 2020, 05:58
On the Character Sheet "Main" tab under "Advantages" the dots for any of the linked merits, flaws, etc. do not synchronize with the dots "value" when you open the linked item.

This is NOT a bug.

I am quite certain that the Value is the cost of the merit, where as the dots on the charactersheet is for dice bonuses. For example the Looks merit costs 2 or 4 points, but the bonus it gives is 1 or 2. Having seperate values, lets you add the bonuses, while the description lets you keep track of cost.

ddblue0
March 3rd, 2020, 06:02
Using ruleset 1.01 (not beta).

I can't build a dice pool. For example if I try to build a dice pool from Strength and Athletics, clicking the plus next to Strength and then double clicking the dice icon near Athletics produces the following error:

Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_disciplines.lua"]:27: attempt to index local 'nodeDisciplines' (a nil value)

viresanimi
March 3rd, 2020, 06:20
I can't build a dice pool. For example if I try to build a dice pool from Strength and Athletics, clicking the plus next to Strength and then double clicking the dice icon near Athletics produces the following error:

Open the "Other" tab. Then try to roll.

Mokiyama
March 3rd, 2020, 15:46
Using ruleset 1.01 (not beta).

I think it works in the opposite order. To create the same pool, click the plus next to Athletics and then double click the die icon next to Strength.

I think the system should work in either order, but as it stands may only work in one.

viresanimi
March 3rd, 2020, 16:30
If you shift click on a link, to share it with your players, the link icon reverts back to standard green CoreRPG dragon box icon. Can we have a green dot please?

BTW. I incorrectly reported that you can access a couple of text fields under the Notes tab of the SPC-sheets (if you click on the background), if they were unlocked. This is not true. You can access them even if the SPC-sheet is locked!

In the referene manual:
Disciplines -> Auspex: Heightened Senses appear twice in a row.
Disciplines -> Blood Sorcery: Corrosive Vitae appear twice in a row.

Naurthoron
March 3rd, 2020, 19:48
FGU/FGC
Ruleset version 1.0.4

Looks like the ruleset is missing everything about coteries (backgrounds, merits & flaws, domain, haven...)

Naurthoron
March 3rd, 2020, 20:29
FGU/FGC

The ruleset is missing some way to access quickly the information tables from the Reference Manual.
The Reference Manual does not allow to directly find through search information tables available in the Storyteller's screen such as: armor, weapon damage, crippling injury, ranged combat...
It would be nice to be able to access those in a more straightforward manner.

Naurthoron
March 3rd, 2020, 20:40
FGU/FGC
Ruleset version 1.0.4

When rolling backgrounds + attribute, or single attribute, it counts twice the attribute to create the dice pool.

NOTE: Only attribute + discipline has been fixed in 1.0.2.

Naurthoron
March 3rd, 2020, 20:48
FGU

Adding any type of advantages to a character sheet is taken into consideration in the chat log, but does not appear in the advantages/type window in the character sheet.

Naurthoron
March 3rd, 2020, 21:03
FGU/FGC
Ruleset version 1.0.4

Antagonistic merits/backgrounds and flaws that should not coexist are allowed by the ruleset (e.g. Resources / Destitute, unboundable / blood junkie, repulsive / beautiful, etc.)

viresanimi
March 3rd, 2020, 22:27
Had a test of the system this evening and this came up:

If you change your health total (with CTRL+mousewheel) because you have more health than your stamina + 3 (due to Resillience), it constantly resets to the default value. We could not identify a specific trigger for this, but seemed mostly like something that would eventually happen. And often! This happens both on charactersheets and on npc sheets.

Perhaps lift the modifiers option you can use in Savage Worlds on derived stats by right clicking?

I was also told that the moment I used the "Add encounter to combat tracker" button, players received error messages. Forgot to ask for them. Sorry.

EtrnalNyt
March 4th, 2020, 01:30
Maybe I am missing something as I am rather new to Fantasy Grounds but I do not see a way to alter Generation and it does not seem possible to add the individual powers to a Discipline. Example - Auspex 1 with Heightened Senses as the level 1 power.

Jonin
March 4th, 2020, 02:16
Maybe I am missing something as I am rather new to Fantasy Grounds but I do not see a way to alter Generation and it does not seem possible to add the individual powers to a Discipline. Example - Auspex 1 with Heightened Senses as the level 1 power.

You can click on the generation and type the number, or mouse-over, CTRL+mousewheel to change the number

blittlepage
March 4th, 2020, 02:22
When I select "V5-All Rules" in the Campaign Setup, the Module Set Load window opens and shows that I do not have the Vampire Player's Reference installed. There is a shopping cart with a link to the page where I purchased the rules but nothing there about the missing module.

Is this module necessary for play? Is it something that should have come with the initial purchase of the Vampire the Masquerade ruleset?

bl

EtrnalNyt
March 4th, 2020, 02:35
Thank you. That was very helpful.
Do you know anything about how to fix the individual powers for a Discipline?

Jonin
March 4th, 2020, 03:47
Thank you. That was very helpful.
Do you know anything about how to fix the individual powers for a Discipline?

What do you mean?

UltimateGM
March 4th, 2020, 04:10
For Disciplines you have to drop them into the Disciplines area then click the red circle to the left to open the Discipline so that you can drop the powers into it. I am assuming you are talking about where the powers show up?

ddavison
March 4th, 2020, 12:46
When I select "V5-All Rules" in the Campaign Setup, the Module Set Load window opens and shows that I do not have the Vampire Player's Reference installed. There is a shopping cart with a link to the page where I purchased the rules but nothing there about the missing module.

Is this module necessary for play? Is it something that should have come with the initial purchase of the Vampire the Masquerade ruleset?

bl

The official version is only available as a purchase. The ruleset will be listed as VTM5TH

Vackipleur
March 4th, 2020, 12:58
FGC
Ruleset version 1.0.1

If you add a modifier (+1/+2/-1 or -2) to a roll, you completely remove the hunger dice (they become plain dice).

Can't import a character to the Character Selection. You have the message in chat but no character appears.

blittlepage
March 4th, 2020, 20:04
The official version is only available as a purchase. The ruleset will be listed as VTM5TH

The Official version of the Vampire Player's Reference?

Is that a thing and where do I purchase it?

bl

ddavison
March 4th, 2020, 21:13
The Official version of the Vampire Player's Reference?

Is that a thing and where do I purchase it?

bl

This purchase includes the core rulebook and the ruleset to run it with. Future products will be made compatible with this ruleset.
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/store/product.php?id=VTM5TH

Erelon
March 4th, 2020, 22:56
FGC, v1.0.1

when clicking the category buttons in the skills menu (Physical, Social, Mental) the following error shows, and the resulting window contains no skills.

Script Error: [string "ref/scripts/ref_groupedlist.lua"]:255: bad argument #1 to 'ipairs' (table expected, got nil)

UltimateGM
March 4th, 2020, 22:57
Can I just say this ruleset is amazing! I know this is a bug reporting forum with people bashing the ruleset because of minor bugs and lack of knowing how to use it but i love it. Thank you Smiteworks for making this possible and the developers who brought it into Fantasy Grounds!

UltimateGM
March 4th, 2020, 22:59
FGC, v1.0.1

when clicking the category buttons in the skills menu (Physical, Social, Mental) the following error shows, and the resulting window contains no skills.

Did you load the ruleset in the library from the modules window?

viresanimi
March 5th, 2020, 00:49
I know this is a bug reporting forum with people bashing the ruleset because of minor bugs and lack of knowing how to use it but i love it.

I wouldn't call it a "minor" bug, that you can't set your Health at the correct level, without the ruleset resetting it all the time. I like the ruleset too. There are a few things where I'm kind of puzzled why then did thing thing or that. But hey. You know. People have different ideas regarding design. But let's be honest for a moment. Have you ever seen Smiteworks release anything in this buggy state? I sure haven't. I don't understand how this happened.

I don't think it is fair to call it bashing, when people call out the laundry list of errors we're experiencing. It would be much worse if no cared. The silver lining for me, is that I see a lot of people with few posts, that is rarely here, that speak up. That means that there is clearly an audience out there, for this. This is good.

And now for the bug report (I was suddenly unsure if I had reported this before): Larceny is listed after Melee in the skills list (both character- and npc-sheets). That should obviously be in reverse order.

EtrnalNyt
March 5th, 2020, 00:50
For Disciplines you have to drop them into the Disciplines area then click the red circle to the left to open the Discipline so that you can drop the powers into it. I am assuming you are talking about where the powers show up?

That is correct and solved that problem for player characters. However, I do not seem to be able to do it for an SPC character I am creating. Not sure if that is a bug or not. Also, it does not appear that I am able to resize the Character or NPC sheets. Not really a bug but a nice to have as the small font is a little hard on my eyes.

Dr0W
March 5th, 2020, 01:17
More on health/willpower bars:

On the Combat Tracker the max Health isn't kept the same as in the sheet. And Willpower starts at 0 as soon as you reload the client (Save campaign, load it again, or /reload). On a reload the max Willpower is set correctly, but Health is set to 14 (max) every single time. You have to turn it down manually every single time.

This only seem to happen with PC's. SPCs seem to be working correctly.

ddavison
March 5th, 2020, 01:46
We appreciate both positive and critical comments. The developers for this product have been very responsive so far, so we will hopefully have reported issues dealt with in a timely manner. Reporting of bugs helps us identify those and make the product better. At the same time, positive feedback helps. The devs have invested a large amount of time, effort and passion into this project. SmiteWorks does not have staff to build all rulesets internally, so we rely upon community devs to build these for us. We are grateful for their contribution and for White Wolf/Paradox for allowing us to make an officially licensed product.

If the state of the ruleset is not to your liking as you near the 30-day mark, please consider contacting support for a refund. We approve any such requests.

blittlepage
March 5th, 2020, 04:08
I am posting this from a different forum:

I cannot get the plus to select either the skill or the attribute in either order.

I can double click on the die by the attribute to roll double the attribute or by the skill to be told that I cannot roll just a skill but that is as far as I have come to getting this to work.

I am using Fantasy Grounds (Classic) on a Mac. I am trying to perform a skill roll from any of the SPC character sheets.

bl

ddavison
March 5th, 2020, 04:18
I am posting this from a different forum:

I cannot get the plus to select either the skill or the attribute in either order.

I can double click on the die by the attribute to roll double the attribute or by the skill to be told that I cannot roll just a skill but that is as far as I have come to getting this to work.

I am using Fantasy Grounds (Classic) on a Mac. I am trying to perform a skill roll from any of the SPC character sheets.

bl

That happens if you use the master SPC record. The SPC record needs to be editable, so you have to copy it first. See the wiki for instructions- Drop the SPC record’s shortcut back to the SPCs window to make a copy. Open the copy and then it will work. If the p,us sign does not change color when you clicked it, then you missed that step.

Mokiyama
March 5th, 2020, 06:14
The silver lining for me, is that I see a lot of people with few posts, that is rarely here, that speak up. That means that there is clearly an audience out there, for this. This is good.

I’m one of them. My excitement for this system was the motivating factor to get me to participate in the forums for this ruleset. I’ve been anxiously awaiting this release since I discovered Fantasy Grounds a little over a year ago. After the steep learning curve, I loved the D&D 5e implementation and couldn’t wait to see VtM get similar treatment.

I have to say that while the bugs are disappointing, I’m encouraged by the responsiveness so far and I hope improvements keep coming. Despite the current setbacks, I’m happy to be transitioning my VtM chronicle to Fantasy Grounds.

EtrnalNyt
March 5th, 2020, 18:51
We appreciate both positive and critical comments. The developers for this product have been very responsive so far, so we will hopefully have reported issues dealt with in a timely manner. Reporting of bugs helps us identify those and make the product better. At the same time, positive feedback helps. The devs have invested a large amount of time, effort and passion into this project. SmiteWorks does not have staff to build all rulesets internally, so we rely upon community devs to build these for us. We are grateful for their contribution and for White Wolf/Paradox for allowing us to make an officially licensed product.

If the state of the ruleset is not to your liking as you near the 30-day mark, please consider contacting support for a refund. We approve any such requests.

I for one like the ruleset itself. Though I admit, not having used Fantasy Grounds before, there is a learning curve and, as have been mentioned, some bugs. Over all I like the product and look forward to seeing the kinks get worked out. I think this will be an excellent way for me to remote play with my friends.

EtrnalNyt
March 5th, 2020, 19:17
I also had a mechanic thought. I would be nice if there were two separate dice. A red one (hunger) and a black one (regular) available to roll without a sheet. That way, even if bugs are slowing things down, people can at least use the system as a good dice roller for remote games. Make it a bit more accessible.

EtrnalNyt
March 5th, 2020, 19:24
Disregard this post please

viresanimi
March 5th, 2020, 22:12
Not so much as a bug, as perhaps an oversight. There is no way to handle Discipline power bonuses, gained from Blood Potency.

Now, this is of course a tricky one, as this affects some, but not all discipline rolls. I would say that the application of it would probably be up for interpretation by some storytellers, and so it would be fair to simply have players remember to add the bonus whenever the storyteller finds approriate. However... since this bonus can exceed (however rarely) +3 there isn't really a good way of adding the bonus.

Sure, you could simply make a Merit called "Discipline Power Bonus", but I think it would be better with a dedicated button for this bonus.

I have two thoughts on how such a button could be implemented. First of all, there are 5 buttons at the bottom of the character- / SPC-sheet, meaning there is room for one more. Alternatively, Since Blood Potency and Discipline are on the same tabs for both character- / SPC-sheets, perhaps a line under the Blood Potency dots, that simply reads "Discipline Power Bonus" and have a + in front of it, which will add the right amount of dice based on the character's blood potency rating.

Also: In regard to using Disciplines, you can reroll the Hunger die for some Disciplines based on Blood Potency of the character. Now, of course you can just use the Rouse Button and if you fail, you roll again. However if you fail again, you have to adjust the hunger level. Ok biggie. But if you could just use CTRL+Rouse and it rolled 2 dice and only added 1 Hunger if both failed, that would be rather nice.

Just my two drops of vitae worth of thoughts...

Luthbel
March 6th, 2020, 00:11
The Player's Reference was a module available in the beta of the ruleset. The release version don´t include it to avoid duplicated data

Luthbel
March 6th, 2020, 00:21
Hi there,
I´ve bee working on fixing a good chunk of the bugs presented here. I will be working on those during the next few days, as well as MadBeardMan.
I´m also taking note of the suggestions here presented. Some of them are just brilliant, and will be implemented in future releases for sure (I have some other addtions for the 1.1+ I will tell when the time comes :) )

Jonin
March 6th, 2020, 02:25
Hi there,
I´ve bee working on fixing a good chunk of the bugs presented here. I will be working on those during the next few days, as well as MadBeardMan.
I´m also taking note of the suggestions here presented. Some of them are just brilliant, and will be implemented in future releases for sure (I have some other addtions for the 1.1+ I will tell when the time comes :) )

Thanks for all the hard work guys!

viresanimi
March 6th, 2020, 03:42
Can't wait for the updates to come!

A couple of more suggestions:

The hunger dice shown in the chat box are pretty dark. Can they get a slightly brigther shade of red?

Characters can accidently add dots to their charactersheet since they can't be locked, when they move the charactersheet and accidently hit an empty dot. I've seen that happen before with the community v20 ruleset. That ruleset then bugged out and you could only add dice by using CTRL+Mousewheel, which was actually kind of nice. A sort of blessing in disguise. Perhaps an option can be made so dots / health changes can only be made with CTRL+mousewheel, for those that prefer that?

This problem doesn't exist on the SPC-sheets, since they can be locked. So, those are good.

Mokiyama
March 6th, 2020, 05:25
Discipline checks double up on the attributes
https://i.gyazo.com/2b9913203117fad9b358c06b49cf9a74.png

Skill checks are normal and Attribute tests appear normal

FGC, 3.3.10, VTM5th 1.0.1

I have the same issue with Disciplines as quoted above. In addition, my attribute rolls are not entirely normal. As an example, a character has 2 dots in Intelligence and 1 dot in Wits. When I create the pool by clicking the plus sign on Wits followed by double-clicking the die by Intelligence to roll, the chat rolls the correct 3 dice pool, but lists both attributes as having a single dot (see first roll in image below). If I reverse the order and click the plus sign on Intelligence followed by double-clicking the die by wits to roll, the chat again rolls the correct 3 dice pool but this time lists both attributes as having two dots (see second roll in image below).

When I make a single attribute roll it correctly doubles the attribute dots to form the pool (see third roll in image below) which is the intended outcome. I think this may be linked to the issue NOOBKILLA first reported with the doubling of the attribute in the discipline pool rolls since I am guessing that the script is coded to double the attribute when it does not detect a plus sign on the same page as is the case with discipline rolls.

https://i.ibb.co/6sN9FNz/Attribute-Roll.png

Dr0W
March 6th, 2020, 11:38
A few bugs noted from yesterday's session :
There's a flaw called Vegan, which I know it was updated to Farmer on the latest rules update. So I think checking if the modules is up to date would be nice.

If a player is typing anything in the sheet on the Touchstones field, If the host tries to check their sheet, it will erase the player's changes. Player has to commit their changes before the host can check their sheet to avoid data loss.

Using the bonus or penalties buttons make so that the hunger dice are not applied to the roll.

viresanimi
March 6th, 2020, 12:37
FGC, version 1.0.1

If you have shared an image, and press the "P" icon in the images list to unshare it, you get the following error:
Script Error: [string "access"]:1: attempt to call field 'unshare' (a nil value)

EDIT:
I tried controlling sharing / unsharing with shift-clicking on links. Sharing a link to make it public works fine. Unsharing also works as intended, however, even if the links have been unshared, they are listed as "public" (the P icon) in the images list.

RageArmor
March 6th, 2020, 16:26
FGC, V 1.00 (beta) ruleset

Clicking on 'items' via the Reference/Core Rulebook menu and then trying to select a item (example: flamethrower) brings up the following error (or similar):

Runtime Error: desktop: Unable to create window with invalid class (reference_item : item.id-00014@Vampire the Masquerade)

Selecting an item via the 'item' menu button (not the book) works as normal

I am getting the same kind of error with all the items in the fantasy grounds VTM mod that i just got.
Anything i click on give me a runtime error
Runtime Error: desktop: Unable to create window with invalid class (reference_item : item.id-00001@Vampire the Masquerade)
Runtime Error: desktop: Unable to create window with invalid class (reference_item : item.id-00015@Vampire the Masquerade)
Runtime Error: desktop: Unable to create window with invalid class (reference_item : item.id-00013@Vampire the Masquerade)
And so on.

Edit: Came across a new runtime error, this happened when trying to drag the die on a character sheet

Edit 2:Just figured out that you can open the items just fine in the reference manual part of the module. So the glitch seems to be exclusively located in the items table of the module.

Edit 3: Found a new glitch. In the "Characters" Window, you can not delete using the red circle, nor export character sheets using the blue arrow. You can still delete the character sheet via the right clicking and delete item.
All these glitches seem to be applicable in both a server, and in manage characters.

Luthbel
March 6th, 2020, 16:53
Greetings,
We´ve been working on the V5 ruleset, and a huge amount of the bugs here presented are fixed now. There will be an update in the next few days (1.0.2) including these fixes.
The suggestions are listed now, and will be available in future releases.

Dr0W
March 7th, 2020, 03:40
I've noticed that many of the parts of the book that were updated in the Errata, are not up to date. Many updated texts on rulebooks, and even some flaws that were renamed, like Vegan that got renamed as Farmer is still Vegan on the module. So an errata review of the module would be great.

Also noticed a mispelling on the Merit, "Beautyful" (should be Beautiful).

Luthbel
March 7th, 2020, 09:42
I've noticed that many of the parts of the book that were updated in the Errata, are not up to date. Many updated texts on rulebooks, and even some flaws that were renamed, like Vegan that got renamed as Farmer is still Vegan on the module. So an errata review of the module would be great.

Also noticed a mispelling on the Merit, "Beautyful" (should be Beautiful).

Where can I find the errata document? I worked with a document WW sent me last January, and supposedly, it included a good amount of errata fixes
"Beautiful" fixed, btw :)

Valyar
March 7th, 2020, 12:11
Where can I find the errata document? I worked with a document WW sent me last January, and supposedly, it included a good amount of errata fixes
"Beautiful" fixed, btw :)
Here you go :)
https://www.modiphius.net/products/vampire-5th-edition-core-book-errata

ZakkWolf
March 7th, 2020, 14:08
FGC, version 1.0.1

Hey, not sure if this has been mentioned, but when I try to resize an image I get the following error:

Script Error: [string "campaign/scripts/updated_imagewindow.lua"]:95: attempt to call field 'onStateChanged' (a nil value)

This includes locking the image and using the image tools.

Besides that, the scroll wheel doesn't seem to work.

ZakkWolf
March 7th, 2020, 14:43
FGC, version 1.0.1

I've also noticed that there isn't a location to input your Blood Surge, Mend amount, Power Bonus, Rouse re-roll, Feeding penalty, and bane severity on the character sheet.

These aren't necessary, and are probably done in the background, but it would be nice for the players and Storyteller to have a place on the character sheet to see it.

MadBeardMan
March 7th, 2020, 14:50
Afternoon Folks,

Been busy this morning/early afternoon addressing issues found. I'm not the main developer on this ruleset, Luthbel is, though I help with most of the scripting so he can focus on the Ref Manual/Data/Windows etc.

I've fixed up a few issues around Health, Chat Window displays and so on (working on the Combat Tracker Health link atm).

Thanks for those who've posted here with what they've found, and thanks for being positive about it (I won't focus on those who aren't) we'll get them all addressed as quickly as possible. Please when posting include as much detail as you can (I know you don't know what detail we may require).

Cheers,
MBM

Halaku
March 8th, 2020, 16:43
Hi I've noticed that you can add custom skills to the skill list. But not add them to a character sheet. Ie dragging and dropping a skill to the character sheet does nothing. Is this intended or a bug?

Astaroshe
March 8th, 2020, 17:08
Hi I've noticed that you can add custom skills to the skill list. But not add them to a character sheet. Ie dragging and dropping a skill to the character sheet does nothing. Is this intended or a bug?

In general the system seems pretty "restriced". You can't rename Attributes (for adaptaion of for example V20/W20) The Powers of the Disciplenes do not have a own place and have to be dropped out of the Reference Manual into a Discipline that has been added to a Character, so makeing custom Powers is kinda limited as well. What is annoying to me as well, is that I'm not able to resize the Char sheet...
Added Powers seem to be buggy as well, I always have to resize the Discipline window before I can see them. And merits/flaws etc can be added to a char but don't show up at all.

The thing that I absolutely hate thou are the dice-rolls: Not beeing able to see what number I actually rolled is something that I fully dislike, Even on tables I do not see the actual number. And as far as I can see there is no option to turn this off. Granted I'm comming from the old V20/W20 but I think that even in V5 there might situations where I as DM want to adjust the actual Difficulty what counts as success (not to be confused with successed needed). Even manually rolling /roll d20 or sth like that is not possible!

viresanimi
March 8th, 2020, 17:42
This ruleset is not condusive for V20 use, simplly due to the alterations in the systems between editions. I wouldn't even try to be honest. 5th edtion is just that different and what you really need is a functioning v20 ruleset. Unfortunately the one available is very out of date.

Personally I prefer 5th edition. But only because of the rules. And this ruleset does it justice. I do agree that it can feel a bit restrictive compared to what other rulesets will let you do, but I have a feeling, that the devs are certainly open for suggestions.

I am good with the charactersheet size. But I would like to suggest that SPC-sheets could be resized a bit. The note fields are a bit small. Oh. And can we have an inventory for SPC's?

I also noticed that you can make Vehicles. But you can't drag them to character inventory. Unless I missed something.

Astaroshe
March 8th, 2020, 17:53
In it's current state the use for V20 certainly is not possible on that we can agree on^^ The ones we have don't work with FGU though anyway, so the only option would be th build a custom extension that makes some changes to the system. Much of the basic Stuff most likely could be adjusted accordingly. There might be things that could be a bit more tricky to adjust, but I did not try to do modifications so I'm not sure how hard it would be to build ad V20 around the V5 ruleset.

Vinski
March 8th, 2020, 18:38
The thing that I absolutely hate thou are the dice-rolls: Not beeing able to see what number I actually rolled is something that I fully dislike, Even on tables I do not see the actual number. And as far as I can see there is no option to turn this off. Granted I'm comming from the old V20/W20 but I think that even in V5 there might situations where I as DM want to adjust the actual Difficulty what counts as success (not to be confused with successed needed). Even manually rolling /roll d20 or sth like that is not possible!

In V5 you do not adjust the number that counts as success. That is not how the system works, and will break if you change that. The target number on the die is always 6. You adjust the difficulty mainly by how many successes you need for the roll to succeed, 2 for average difficulty for example. So there is no need to see the actual numbers. Only when activating Oblivion powers is the number on the die relevant and even in that you should roll a hunger die where 1 is portrayed as a skull and 10 as crit ankh. So for V5 the system works as intended.

I think it would be a good idea to start a separate thread for V20 conversion if that is your preferred edition.

Trenloe
March 8th, 2020, 18:43
Hey, not sure if this has been mentioned, but when I try to resize an image I get the following error:

Script Error: [string "campaign/scripts/updated_imagewindow.lua"]:95: attempt to call field 'onStateChanged' (a nil value)
Check the extensions you're running - this is caused by the Enhanced Images extension. Download the latest FG v3.3.10 compatible version.

Astaroshe
March 8th, 2020, 18:51
In V5 you do not adjust the number that counts as success. That is not how the system works, and will break if you change that. The target number on the die is always 6. You adjust the difficulty mainly by how many successes you need for the roll to succeed, 2 for average difficulty for example. So there is no need to see the actual numbers. Only when activating Oblivion powers is the number on the die relevant and even in that you should roll a hunger die where 1 is portrayed as a skull and 10 as crit ankh. So for V5 the system works as intended.

I think it would be a good idea to start a separate thread for V20 conversion if that is your preferred edition.

Don't worry once V5 is out of it's bugs I do intent do either try myself or find someone that can do a conversion. Your comment on not seing numbers only scratches on the surface though. Sure I may not need to see numbers on default rolls for abilities etc. but not seeing it on a table roll? or if a player want's roll roll a dice to determine how his character reacts? I know a certain Malkie player in my group that uses dice to determine in which state of manic/depression he currently is. Funny thing is this: the official die for V5, that you can buy, have numbers on it instead of one Skull, some blanks and Anks. So even there player can see numbers if they want to. You even have a +- 1,2 Modifier for your dice in the default dice roller in the bottom left, so in the background everything works fine. It's a design-choise not to show numbers but I do think even in a default V5 round I should have the option to see the results as normal.

Kinala
March 8th, 2020, 23:44
FGC
Version 1.0.1
Bug: Merit description errors

Hey there, first of all i would like to say i am loving the module so far and starting up my first game on Wednesday which i can not wait for so well done on it! A couple of copy paste errors i noticed in the merit descriptions Camarilla contract has the description of Anarch Comrades and Discipline Affinity has the description of Day Drinker. Clan curse has the description of Branded by the Camarilla.

i3ullseye
March 9th, 2020, 04:53
The Clan sheet, when open, has the small hash on the bottom right to suggest that the window can be resized. It cannot be resized. Either the resize isn't functioning, or that window shouldn't have the hash to suggest that it can. For me, I would hope that the window COULD be resized, because there is a lot of text in those three small section, with a lot of scrolling, making it difficult to read.

Also, are we tracking what does and doesn't work on FGU with this ruleset yet? Or is that a back burner thing until actual launch?

Halaku
March 9th, 2020, 10:03
Ok while a new V20 ruleset would be cool I do think it would be nice to be able to customise the skills characters can have in v5. Just a suggestion to the devs. ;)

ZakkWolf
March 9th, 2020, 10:30
Ah! Thanks Trenloe, that actually is the problem.

ZakkWolf
March 9th, 2020, 10:32
Guys, just a suggestion. Can we keep this thread only for V5 bug reports and not v20.

The devs and a lot of the community are trying to sort out the current issues with the v5 ruleset, and it feels cluttered having people discuss v20 here.

Perhaps somebody can make another thread to discuss a v20 conversion.

Vinski
March 9th, 2020, 12:02
Funny thing is this: the official die for V5, that you can buy, have numbers on it instead of one Skull, some blanks and Anks.

It has two regular d10 dice so you can do percentile rolls. Otherwise the rest of the dice are symbols or blanks. Differences between V20 and V5 both dice and mechanics we can discuss in another thread and keep this one to purely to bugs in the V5 ruleset.32003

Astaroshe
March 9th, 2020, 18:40
Have you tried to roll a percentile dice in V5? So yeah, good luck with that, because you can't see results on them either. Again, this is something that should be an option, not mandatory. Players rolling dice to determine random stuff they don't want to decide, rolling on tables, rolling anything not directly tied to the default-system rolls (which the designers though of at least in the way that they inclued 2d10 with numbers in the official dice) is a feature that should be possible. The fact that I indeed can use manual rolls to set results shows perfectly that the underlysing dice still use numbers, ergo a simple option to roll "regular" dice should not be that hard

Dr0W
March 10th, 2020, 03:14
You can always /die 1d101, an re-rolls when the results are 101.

viresanimi
March 10th, 2020, 17:54
Can I just offer the Dev's a big hug?

Today's patch is absolutely wonderful. It is clear that you have fixed so much more than what the patch notes indicated, so great job! The editing of attributes and skills implementation is honestly simple and elegant. I love the collapsing Disciplines / Advantage section!

Small things I noticed: Protean still missing token and there are still duplication of disciplines in the reference manual. But I am sure that is on the to-do list.

Thanks again!

viresanimi
March 10th, 2020, 18:54
FGC. Vampire ver. 1.0.2.

After patch it is no longer possible to add dots in the SPC Skills window. Clicking does nothing and CTRL+Mousewheel just scrolls the window.
EDIT: Noticed that is it possible, if you use the individual skill link and change the value in the description window.

Charactersheet. Main Tab. If you hover the mouse over the charactersheet and use mousewheel, everything moves up and down a bit.

Halaku
March 10th, 2020, 19:41
since the patch I've been getting the following error.

Ruleset:VTM5TH
Error: Unable to load ruleset file (campaign/record_edit_secattributes.xml)

Astaroshe
March 10th, 2020, 19:44
You can always /die 1d101, an re-rolls when the results are 101.

actually you can't that's what I tried with /roll 1d100, 1d6 etc...you get either 0 or 1 as result (successed counted on 6+) but no numbers. That's why I actually count this a a sort of bug, since it totally removes the ability to roll anything but V5 Succes d10 dice

Luthbel
March 10th, 2020, 19:48

I just adressed the fix for this.

Thanks much for the impunts, already working on the list for next week update, but this one needed a fast fix.

Halaku
March 10th, 2020, 19:58
Hi Luthbel
Thanks for the quick work. Do you know if that fix has gone out to the update server?
I've tried deleting the old .mod and updating but am still getting the same error.

Luthbel
March 10th, 2020, 20:05
Hi Luthbel
Thanks for the quick work. Do you know if that fix has gone out to the update server?
I've tried deleting the old .mod and updating but am still getting the same error.

I think it´s live now (the patcher reported me theres a new version).
EDIT: It´s still not applied

RageArmor
March 10th, 2020, 20:11
So the bug with the PC window is still there as a heads up. As a reminder in both the manage characters and in a server you can not use the red circle to delete character sheets, nor the blue circle to export character sheets.

Also small suggestion, maybe put in a way to expand the character sheets for lower generation vampires. potentially up down to 2nd generation.

_Rodriguez_
March 10th, 2020, 20:23
same error,

Halaku
March 10th, 2020, 20:27
I still seem to be getting the error despite a new download. interestingly I get a similar error in unity.

viresanimi
March 10th, 2020, 20:34
I didn't get the error pre-update. Post-update I do.

Luthbel
March 10th, 2020, 20:58
same error,

I sent the fix a while ago. The patching system still don´t have it applied, but the latest build I sent to SW include the fix and works fine.

Luthbel
March 10th, 2020, 21:01
So the bug with the PC window is still there as a heads up. As a reminder in both the manage characters and in a server you can not use the red circle to delete character sheets, nor the blue circle to export character sheets.

Also small suggestion, maybe put in a way to expand the character sheets for lower generation vampires. potentially up down to 2nd generation.

I take note of both (1st is an easy fix I thought was applied, it rolled back in some point)
By expanding for lower generations you mean allowing the generation value be lower? No problem with that, I can put as low as 1. If you mean adding more than 5 dots to traits, It´s impossible (by now) in 5th edition World of Darkness. If folks at WW-Modiphius change their mind about 6+ traits, we will modify the ruleset accordingly (Maybe with Werewolf 5th or so)

Halaku
March 10th, 2020, 21:14
I sent the fix a while ago. The patching system still don´t have it applied, but the latest build I sent to SW include the fix and works fine.

Well I'm sure the fix will upload soon. kudos for the quick response. :)

ZakkWolf
March 10th, 2020, 21:36
I just wanted to give an update. The patch was pushed through and it seems fixed now. Thanks for the quick response Luthbel.

RageArmor
March 10th, 2020, 23:11
I take note of both (1st is an easy fix I thought was applied, it rolled back in some point)
By expanding for lower generations you mean allowing the generation value be lower? No problem with that, I can put as low as 1. If you mean adding more than 5 dots to traits, It´s impossible (by now) in 5th edition World of Darkness. If folks at WW-Modiphius change their mind about 6+ traits, we will modify the ruleset accordingly (Maybe with Werewolf 5th or so)

Thanks for the reply.
I do mean being able to more easily mark on the character sheet for lower generation stats, like say a generation 7 vampire picking up rank 6 attribute, skill, and or discipline. So thank you for already having took that into consideration. For now i will just have to make sure i keep notes of what the stats are actually set at. (the campaign i am going to be running has a couple second gen vampires in it)

Luthbel
March 11th, 2020, 00:22
Thanks for the reply.
I do mean being able to more easily mark on the character sheet for lower generation stats, like say a generation 7 vampire picking up rank 6 attribute, skill, and or discipline. So thank you for already having took that into consideration. For now i will just have to make sure i keep notes of what the stats are actually set at. (the campaign i am going to be running has a couple second gen vampires in it)

They don´t want 6+ traits for now. The game designers explained to me that the classic system brokes with bigger dice pools than 10. That was the reason they didn´t allowed 6+ traits in Chronicles of Darkness, and they kept that in V5. There´re situations that can make up to 15 dice pools, but that´s not common. I suppose that they will do something similar to Requiem: amalgams requiring big ratings of Blood Potency (there´s a Daeva of blood potency 10 with a combined power of dominate 5 and presence 5, requiring BP 10: that power allows to instigate an entire city to auto-destruct itself, everybody, from humans to supernaturals start working towards that end, and the Ancient eats some bloody pop corns showing the spectacle :) )

EtrnalNyt
March 11th, 2020, 00:38
First...Love the new changes to the character sheet. Especially how disciplines are displayed. Did not notice one issue. Made a test character with Strength 4, Brawl 3, and Potence 2 (Prowess). This should have generated a dice pool of 9 when Potence. However, if I select Brawl+Potence and use Strength to generate the roll I only get a pool of 6 dice. 1 Less then my base pool before Potence. When I select Strength and Potence and use Brawl to roll the dice I get a dice pool 5. It also acts as if Strength was not in the pool at all.

RageArmor
March 11th, 2020, 10:47
They don´t want 6+ traits for now. The game designers explained to me that the classic system brokes with bigger dice pools than 10. That was the reason they didn´t allowed 6+ traits in Chronicles of Darkness, and they kept that in V5. There´re situations that can make up to 15 dice pools, but that´s not common. I suppose that they will do something similar to Requiem: amalgams requiring big ratings of Blood Potency (there´s a Daeva of blood potency 10 with a combined power of dominate 5 and presence 5, requiring BP 10: that power allows to instigate an entire city to auto-destruct itself, everybody, from humans to supernaturals start working towards that end, and the Ancient eats some bloody pop corns showing the spectacle :) )

Thanks again for the reply.

For now i will just have to figure something out on my end for how i am going to handle the Ancient Second Gen, and primogen. As the story i had been working on for years heavily involves at-least two of the second gen (and depending on the actions of the party may also heavily involve the primogen.)

Can't wait to see what is to come. As a follow up question, if i were to create a module that includes the other clans (not camarilla) would it be okay to put it here in fantasy grounds, at-least until an official module is made for those extra clans.

Luthbel
March 11th, 2020, 11:22

For now i will just have to figure something out on my end for how i am going to handle the Ancient Second Gen, and primogen. As the story i had been working on for years heavily involves at-least two of the second gen (and depending on the actions of the party may also heavily involve the primogen.)

Can't wait to see what is to come. As a follow up question, if i were to create a module that includes the other clans (not camarilla) would it be okay to put it here in fantasy grounds, at-least until an official module is made for those extra clans.

If those are not official (such as Salubri, or even Tzimisce or Ravnos) I think it´s OK. I suppose there´re copyright problems if you publish clans such as Lasombra or Banu Haqim. You can of course create the entries for your personal use.

Just now I´m working on the Camarilla ref manual ;)

RageArmor
March 11th, 2020, 11:31
If those are not official (such as Salubri, or even Tzimisce or Ravnos) I think it´s OK. I suppose there´re copyright problems if you publish clans such as Lasombra or Banu Haqim. You can of course create the entries for your personal use.

Alright, For now i will just post a module that includes my two custom clans and leave the rest of the official ones for my personal use. Thanks.

Edit: Found new bug. You can not resize certain windows. Seems to be the Character sheets, and the Clan sheets (like the window that opens when you click on brujah that you can't resize)

Edit 2: I am working on the disciplines for one of the clans that i trying to add in, and i just noticed that within all the disciplines nothing happens when you click on the things under powers.

ZakkWolf
March 11th, 2020, 12:28

It seems like all ancient kindred in the new edition has 5 or below traits. Mithras has a stat block in the new adventure book - The Fall of London - and his stats seem pretty low for who he is. It's the same with Queen Anne and a few other notably powerful characters. In previous editions, they were far more powerful. Alternatively, if you think a character should have more dots in an attribute or skill, you can manually roll the dice.

As to adding other clans, I've already added the Lasombra and Oblivion discipline to my campaign, for personal use in my campaign. I've even made the logos. The source for that is the new edition of Chicago by Night.

ZakkWolf
March 11th, 2020, 12:32

Luthbel, I've manually added the Lasombra and Oblivion discipline in my own campaign as one of my players is a Lasombra - don't worry it's for personal use, I won't be sharing it - But I did have a question for you:

I made my own tokens for the Lasombra and Oblivion discipline and added them to the entries. However, the Lasombra token doesn't show up on the character sheet like the other clans logos do. Does that have to do with internal coding? or is there a way I can make it show up as opposed to the Anhk?

Vackipleur
March 11th, 2020, 13:12
FGC ruleset 1.02

I get this console message when I open the Traits tab from a SPC

Script Error: [string "charsheet_disciplineitem:powers"]:1: createWindow: Unable to create window
Script Error: [string "charsheet_disciplineitem:powers"]:1: createWindow: Unable to create window

And the Protean Icon has disappeared...

Luthbel
March 11th, 2020, 18:10
Luthbel, I've manually added the Lasombra and Oblivion discipline in my own campaign as one of my players is a Lasombra - don't worry it's for personal use, I won't be sharing it - But I did have a question for you:

I made my own tokens for the Lasombra and Oblivion discipline and added them to the entries. However, the Lasombra token doesn't show up on the character sheet like the other clans logos do. Does that have to do with internal coding? or is there a way I can make it show up as opposed to the Anhk?

Yep, that´s internal coding. Those clans will be available in the core ruleset when the books are ready. By now, no news of Chicago by Night, so I´m not sure about Lasombra. But Camarilla and Anarchs are confirmed, so Banu Haqim and the Ministry logos will be available soon

ZakkWolf
March 11th, 2020, 19:31
Yep, that´s internal coding. Those clans will be available in the core ruleset when the books are ready. By now, no news of Chicago by Night, so I´m not sure about Lasombra. But Camarilla and Anarchs are confirmed, so Banu Haqim and the Ministry logos will be available soon

Okay, that's not a problem. Was just something I thought I'd ask about. Thanks for the response.

Luthbel
March 12th, 2020, 09:52
Ok while a new V20 ruleset would be cool I do think it would be nice to be able to customise the skills characters can have in v5. Just a suggestion to the devs. ;)

You can change the name and description of the skills in each skill window. Eventually, we will take a closer look at that, because adding skills now don´t categorize them as "physical, social or mental"

Luthbel
March 12th, 2020, 09:55
Thanks for the reply.

A way to "hack" the ruleset without needing to reflect traits bigger than 5 may be to create "dummy" merits with additional dice

Luthbel
March 12th, 2020, 10:00
Alright, For now i will just post a module that includes my two custom clans and leave the rest of the official ones for my personal use. Thanks.

Edit: Found new bug. You can not resize certain windows. Seems to be the Character sheets, and the Clan sheets (like the window that opens when you click on brujah that you can't resize)

Edit 2: I am working on the disciplines for one of the clans that i trying to add in, and i just noticed that within all the disciplines nothing happens when you click on the things under powers.

I´m studying how to better resize pc and spc sheets. Due to the closed skills and attributes windows, it´s hard to define wich sub-windows should autp-resize without leaving a lot of dead space below skills.
In the other hand, you can add powers to the levels fields in the discipline sheets by drag-and-drop from the reference table or library menu, or you can create custom powers on the fly by right-clicking and adding the power with the radial menu.

Luthbel
March 12th, 2020, 10:03
Some news about the fixes: besides I would need he code-magic of MadBeardMan for a couple of fixes, all the 2nd wave fixes are done now. I will take a look at the missing ones and list of suggestions of the 1st wave this (european) evening.

EtrnalNyt
March 13th, 2020, 03:16
Just noticed that the Flaw of Enemy (Opposite of the Background Merit) does not appear to be listed in the Flaws.

viresanimi
March 13th, 2020, 15:34
FGC. V 1.0.2.

If you make a brand new campaign, you cannot roll dice from the SPC-sheet without first entering the traits tab. You get the following error:

I missed this earlier, because I made a template with some notes on it, and just made copies of that. That works fine. But if I make a stock new spc, I need to enter the traits tab, or the error will occur.

And in case I forgot earlier: One can only add dots to skills on SPC's by clicking the link of every individual skill. That is hopefully not intentional.

Vackipleur
March 13th, 2020, 17:23
FGC ruleset v1.0.2
In Reference Manual / Advanced Systems / Additional Conflict Options : "Maneuver" text is repeated twice and "Block" text section is missing.

viresanimi
March 14th, 2020, 05:16
FGC, v. 1.0.2

Making a new abbreviated SPC. When locking it, I get this error:
Script Error: [string "campaign/scripts/npcmini.lua"]:31: attempt to call field 'update' (a nil value)

Abbreviated SPC's cannot be added to the combat tracker. (I made brand new ones, from scratch).

Suggestion: SPC's cannot be shared so players can roll their dicepools without getting errors. Since kindred sometimes might have minions that work for them or even fight for them, it would be nice for the players to controls them. The option to share them would be nice (normal SPC sheets or abbreviated).

Suggestion: Under the ritual sections on the various sheets, I would suggest that there would be added 5 collapsable lists (like disciplines). 1 for each level of rituals, and have any ritual in each list be sorted by alphabetically. This, I feel, would help to easily keep track of rituals.

Mokiyama
March 15th, 2020, 04:53
FGC, v. 1.0.2

Making a new abbreviated SPC. When locking it, I get this error:
Script Error: [string "campaign/scripts/npcmini.lua"]:31: attempt to call field 'update' (a nil value)

Abbreviated SPC's cannot be added to the combat tracker. (I made brand new ones, from scratch).

Were you able to edit the exceptional dice pools when you made them from scratch? I made an abreviated SPC from scratch and cannot edit the exceptional dice pools section. FGC, vtm5th v. 1.0.2

I figured it out. I had to right-click and select "Create Item."

viresanimi
March 15th, 2020, 13:54
I figured it out. I had to right-click and select "Create Item."

Indeed. Making one isn't the issue here. Using it, is. *smile*

Ralamil
March 18th, 2020, 18:42
Product: FGC
Version: v.3.3.10

Bug: SPCS cannot have their skills increased

Reproduce Steps:

Create a new SPC
Open SPC's character sheet
Click to increase Skill - nothing happens

Additional Notes: I am able to increase Attributes without issue, simply by clicking on the empty dots, as expected. When I attempt to do the same with skills, nothing happens. I suspect there might be some bug wherein the skills are locked. I notice that, for Characters, there is a gear icon one must click on in order to adjust attributes and skills, but this is NOT the case for SPCs. Perhaps whatever locks Character skills from being updated by clicking on empty dots is erroneously being applies to the SPC Skills box?

Screenshot: Shows that I was able to increase Attributes, but not Skills

Luthbel
March 18th, 2020, 18:45
Product: FGC
Version: v.3.3.10

Bug: SPCS cannot have their skills increased

Reproduce Steps:

Create a new SPC
Open SPC's character sheet
Click to increase Skill - nothing happens

Additional Notes: I am able to increase Attributes without issue, simply by clicking on the empty dots, as expected. When I attempt to do the same with skills, nothing happens. I suspect there might be some bug wherein the skills are locked. I notice that, for Characters, there is a gear icon one must click on in order to adjust attributes and skills, but this is NOT the case for SPCs. Perhaps whatever locks Character skills from being updated by clicking on empty dots is erroneously being applies to the SPC Skills box?

Screenshot: Shows that I was able to increase Attributes, but not Skills

You can enter in the skill instance of the SPC and increase the skill value there. I plan to add the "edit attributes" and "edit skills" buttons to the SPC sheet for next update.

Ralamil
March 18th, 2020, 19:51
You can enter in the skill instance of the SPC and increase the skill value there. I plan to add the "edit attributes" and "edit skills" buttons to the SPC sheet for next update.

Oh, awesome! Thank you for the quick reply!

viresanimi
March 18th, 2020, 20:00
Is the issue of not being able to add abbreviated SPC's to the combat tracker also being worked on? Feels kinda critical.

Also, people are starting to use this in FGU. I know that FGC is probably the focus, but I would advice at least fix the numerous graphical issues. I mean. It looks like a Malkavian went nuts in there! *grins*

shvamp1974
March 21st, 2020, 22:10
Unable to add skills in the SPCS area when building an npc

viresanimi
March 21st, 2020, 23:26
Unable to add skills in the SPCS area when building an npc

Did you mean "add dots to skills"? If so, yes, that is not working as intended. However you can get around it, by clicking on each individual skill link and change the value there. Its rather time consuming, but doable.

malevs
March 22nd, 2020, 19:18
Is the issue of not being able to add abbreviated SPC's to the combat tracker also being worked on? Feels kinda critical.

Yeah, that would be really important. Hope this gets resolved soon.

i3ullseye
March 23rd, 2020, 01:11
When dragging a dice pool (An Ability and a Skill) to the hotkey/quick bar at the bottom of the screen, it doesn't add hunger dice properly. It rolls the correct number of dice, and checks for successes. But there are no red/bloody hunger dice included.

Also, what is the possibility of those dice being actually red instead of just having a hard to see blood splat on them? I didn't even realize this wasn't working at first because telling the dice apart wasn't very obvious.

Luthbel
March 23rd, 2020, 10:21

Also, people are starting to use this in FGU. I know that FGC is probably the focus, but I would advice at least fix the numerous graphical issues. I mean. It looks like a Malkavian went nuts in there! *grins*

Both are top priorities

molina
March 25th, 2020, 15:41
There doesn't seem to be a way to add a specialty to SPC skills. Is this intentionally?

Fear Grounds
March 25th, 2020, 15:43
Not really a bug as much as a question or suggestion. Is there anyway of adding a remorse roll beside humanity, for removing stains?

Naurthoron
March 27th, 2020, 11:43
Not really a bug as much as a question or suggestion. Is there anyway of adding a remorse roll beside humanity, for removing stains?

Yes, I would like the same functionality to deal with stains and humanity.

i3ullseye
March 27th, 2020, 18:36
Fantastic work on the updates. I know Unity likely isn't a priority at this point, but I wanted to post any issues I found there also. Below is a picture illustrating some of the die rolling issues. The blood dice are now red, which is a huge improvement. But the actual symbols on the dice don't seem to be a transparent image.

Also, dice pools work fine..... unless they are dragged down to a hotkey. In the pic below, the large rolled pool with no blood dice was rolled off the F3 key, instead of by dragging or clicking from a skill+attribute.

i3ullseye
March 29th, 2020, 01:25
Another issue.

When you have a list open, say your skills list.... you can right click to create a new item. This works great. You can then populate that item, and it adds it to your list. This then becomes a drag and drop capable item. Still fine. A skill wont be added to the character sheet, but it does give you a way to create something custom and drop in say... Notes.

Once this item is in Notes, or Convictions (it can drop there also) or any other field really, it can still be edited in place without changing the one in the list. All as expected.

However, it seems it can never be deleted from the character sheet. There is no right click Delete option for items added in this way. Issue exists on Classic and Unity. You can hit backspace to delete the text... and if you have dragged that item multiple times into the field, it will backspace and delete all of them all the way except the top one. It leaves behind the link dot to the Skill/Item description.

Mechalus
March 29th, 2020, 02:28
Not sure if anyone else is seeing this, or if it's been reported, but I'm seeing a graphical issue with the dice icons in both the Windows and Mac Unity versions.

i3ullseye
March 29th, 2020, 02:48
Same issue on PC Unity.

yantra
March 29th, 2020, 14:43
Survival skill has "Speciality Examples" from Streetwise

RavenSaint
March 29th, 2020, 22:10
I just bought VtM rule set today. I tend to test the new rule sets I get by putting them through their paces.
I found a bug where I cannot click on the "lock" on a custom clan page. Since I cannot tell if the page is locked or not, this is hard to tell as some aspects can be edited while others cannot. What I cannot change is the name/title of the customized clan once I click off of the name/title of the clan. I can change the text, links, and other sections of the window. I can switch out token beside the lock. I opened a second custom clan window and still could not use the "lock" to lock the page. I am including a screenshot of what I am seeing for the ST screen. I closed all the way out of FG, checked for updates, then logged back into the campaign. I still could not "lock/unlock" the custom clan nor change the clan name. Though, I could still edit the descriptions and other sections of the customized clan window.
All the other custom content I have so far entered into the campaign has been able to "lock/unlock", with the locked content not being able to be edited.

Got error for changing Character Name on PC "sheet". Player side only as far as me and my tester can tell.
Error:
Script Error: [string "ct/scripts/clientct.lua"]:28: attempt to index field 'target_summary' (a nil value)

I have not found any other bugs yet, but I haven't tested everything yet. I am very impressed so far. Looking forward to modules for this rule set.

Thank you for making this rule set as I had a lot of players who are interested in WoD, liked FG, but had no interest in the other rule sets offered by FG.

:)Stay Safe.:)

Mechalus
March 30th, 2020, 02:10
Same issue on PC Unity.

Really hope this gets fixed soon. It's a real eye-sore and it's driving me nuts.

Airamathesius
April 2nd, 2020, 01:39
Why would that be a required step? And how would anyone know to do that?

viresanimi
April 2nd, 2020, 03:39
Why would that be a required step? And how would anyone know to do that?

Base experience with Fantasy Grounds I am afraid. The core program is actually very old and not originally made by Smiteworks. If your ever want to change a thing in a module. Copy it. Because the module is locked (which is displayed by a lock that you cannot open). Simple. Sure, I get that it seems counter intuitive to a new user, but keep playing around with FG and things just end up making sense. Or you just get experience and forget it was ever an issue.

Luckily, there seems to be an endless supply of very helpful people around here, so don't be afraid to ask. We're more than happy to help you with any question you need answered. Welcome to the family!

Vires Animi

i3ullseye
April 2nd, 2020, 06:11
And it is a good way to handle it. Copying it to get an unlocked version, you can now edit that new one without starting from scratch. But you never run the risk of modifying and ruining your original. But I agree maybe a 'Duplicate" button would be a bit cleaner.

Mechalus
April 6th, 2020, 00:08
Both are top priorities

Not to be a pest, and I apologize if you’ve posted this elsewhere, but do you have a target date for the next update? And if so, what will be in it?

RavenSaint
April 8th, 2020, 03:48
Was editing a Police Detective Abbreviated SPC for campaign.

Runtime Notice: s'Window has closed'
Database Notice: Campaign saved.
Runtime Notice: s'Window has closed'
Runtime Notice: s'Window has opened'
Runtime Notice: s'NodePath:npcmini.id-00001'
Runtime Notice: s'Class:npcmini'

I copied the Police Detective to a new group folder. Unlocked the SPC sheet for editing. Edited the name, a few stats, and re-locked the sheet.

Airamathesius
April 9th, 2020, 00:16
One Bug I have found
1's don't show up in the dice roller properly. You can roll them, but they aren't being counted as failures rather just blank like the 2's, 3's, 4's and 5's

Redwulfe
April 9th, 2020, 02:10
In 5th edition 1's don't subtract successes and are just blanks, no different than 2's, 3's, 4's or 5's. unless you fail the roll and the 1 is on the hunger die then that causes a bestial failure.

Raunalyn
April 9th, 2020, 18:08

How do you enter the skill instance?

Naurthoron
April 9th, 2020, 21:37
FGU/FGC
Ruleset version 1.0.3 - fixed in 1.0.4

Disciplines > Protean is missing the discipline symbol as token

ROLMX
April 10th, 2020, 01:00
Cannot add Abbreviated SPCs into ENCOUNTERS or into combat Tracker. Also, when creating SPCs: cannot edit SKILLS.

Fear Grounds
April 10th, 2020, 01:21
33365 33366

No information listed for the Communicate with Kindred Sire ritual.

viresanimi
April 10th, 2020, 05:19
Cannot add Abbreviated SPCs into ENCOUNTERS or into combat Tracker. Also, when creating SPCs: cannot edit SKILLS.

Well. This is "Top Priority" and has been for about a month. But there is a very easy workaround for editing of skills. You simply need to click on each and every individual skill link to edit it.

FGC 1.0.3:
BUG: Basic CoreRPG drawing toolbar for images is missing.

FGU 1.0.3:
BUG: Players cannot minimize shared images.

ROLMX
April 10th, 2020, 05:52
Well. This is "Top Priority" and has been for about a month. But there is a very easy workaround for editing of skills. You simply need to click on each and every individual skill link to edit it.

FGC 1.0.3:
BUG: Basic CoreRPG drawing toolbar for images is missing.

FGU 1.0.3:
BUG: Players cannot minimize shared images.

Thanks so much! Yes, by clicking the red dot on each skill name I was able to do it!!!

Mechalus
April 11th, 2020, 06:06
Well. This is "Top Priority" and has been for about a month.

Has there been any sort of timeframe given in regards to when we might see an update?

Raunalyn
April 14th, 2020, 05:04
How do you add dots in skills for the SPC's?

viresanimi
April 14th, 2020, 06:52
If you look 3 posts back to number 158, I got you covered.

Naurthoron
April 14th, 2020, 08:05
FGC
Version 1.0.1
Bug: Merit description errors

Hey there, first of all i would like to say i am loving the module so far and starting up my first game on Wednesday which i can not wait for so well done on it! A couple of copy paste errors i noticed in the merit descriptions Camarilla contract has the description of Anarch Comrades and Discipline Affinity has the description of Day Drinker. Clan curse has the description of Branded by the Camarilla.

FYI still present in 1.0.3

Fixed in 1.0.4

Luthbel
April 14th, 2020, 10:26
Not to be a pest, and I apologize if you’ve posted this elsewhere, but do you have a target date for the next update? And if so, what will be in it?

I´m very busy with my real time work, but I have an update in the works (as well as the Camarilla sourcebook). I can´t give you an ETA of when can it be ready, but I will try to get some time during this month to finish it.

Luthbel
April 14th, 2020, 10:32
One Bug I have found
1's don't show up in the dice roller properly. You can roll them, but they aren't being counted as failures rather just blank like the 2's, 3's, 4's and 5's

1s aren´t failures in V5

Luthbel
April 14th, 2020, 11:26
Another issue.

When you have a list open, say your skills list.... you can right click to create a new item. This works great. You can then populate that item, and it adds it to your list. This then becomes a drag and drop capable item. Still fine. A skill wont be added to the character sheet, but it does give you a way to create something custom and drop in say... Notes.

Once this item is in Notes, or Convictions (it can drop there also) or any other field really, it can still be edited in place without changing the one in the list. All as expected.

However, it seems it can never be deleted from the character sheet. There is no right click Delete option for items added in this way. Issue exists on Classic and Unity. You can hit backspace to delete the text... and if you have dragged that item multiple times into the field, it will backspace and delete all of them all the way except the top one. It leaves behind the link dot to the Skill/Item description.

You can convert the link into regular text instead (ctral+1) and delete it. Adding custom skills to PCs and non-abbreviated NPCs is in the works.

Luthbel
April 14th, 2020, 11:27
Not sure if anyone else is seeing this, or if it's been reported, but I'm seeing a graphical issue with the dice icons in both the Windows and Mac Unity versions.

Could you please give me more info to reproduce it? I did the same roll and it works fine here

Luthbel
April 14th, 2020, 11:31
FGU/FGC
Ruleset version 1.0.3

Disciplines > Protean is missing the discipline symbol as token

It´s already fixed. Re-load any Protean instance in your character/SPC sheets or manually add the token available in the ruleset tokens section.

Naurthoron
April 14th, 2020, 11:45
Could you please give me more info to reproduce it? I did the same roll and it works fine here

It seems the same as the one reported here (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?54058-Vampire-the-Masquerade-Bug-Reports&p=478379&viewfull=1#post478379). Basically in Unity any dice roll will give this appearance.
I hope this helps.

Luthbel
April 14th, 2020, 11:56
It seems the same as the one reported here (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?54058-Vampire-the-Masquerade-Bug-Reports&p=478379&viewfull=1#post478379). Basically in Unity any dice roll will give this appearance.
I hope this helps.

Oh Ok, it´s Unity. I will work in Unity soon. Sadly, I´m experiencing some issues both with fonts and transparency PNGs. Smiteworks guys are working on the fonts issues, but I need to figure out how to export the PNG graphics to make Unity respect the background color (you probably noticed transparencies are looking "dyed" in black)

Naurthoron
April 14th, 2020, 12:03
It´s already fixed. Re-load any Protean instance in your character/SPC sheets or manually add the token available in the ruleset tokens section.

It still does not appear in ether FGU or FGC.
I have forced an update, and even created a new campaign in case there was a problem with the old campaign.

In Library > Vampire the Masquerade > Disciplines > Protean, the token is still missing and it is not possible to update it as it is in read-only.

The work around is indeed to drop the token each time you used the original Protean discipline from the ruleset, for each character/SPC, but this is not a fix: the fix would make it at discipline level in the reference manual so that it is done once and for all.
Thanks for the workaround, in the meantime it will solve the problem.

PS: If you need help fixing "easy" issues in the reference manual (including all the typos / text related mistakes). I can offer my help, it is just that as it is read-only we can't do it ourselves. I appreciate that the dev team is overworked and cosmetic aspects might not be a top priority but it would be nice to be fixed at some point.

Thank you again for all your work.

Fixed in 1.0.4

Raunalyn
April 14th, 2020, 13:13
If you look 3 posts back to number 158, I got you covered.

That doesn't work for regular SPC's as far as I can tell.

Luthbel
April 14th, 2020, 14:41
It still does not appear in ether FGU or FGC.
I have forced an update, and even created a new campaign in case there was a problem with the old campaign.

In Library > Vampire the Masquerade > Disciplines > Protean, the token is still missing and it is not possible to update it as it is in read-only.

The work around is indeed to drop the token each time you used the original Protean discipline from the ruleset, for each character/SPC, but this is not a fix: the fix would make it at discipline level in the reference manual so that it is done once and for all.
Thanks for the workaround, in the meantime it will solve the problem.

PS: If you need help fixing "easy" issues in the reference manual (including all the typos / text related mistakes). I can offer my help, it is just that as it is read-only we can't do it ourselves. I appreciate that the dev team is overworked and cosmetic aspects might not be a top priority but it would be nice to be fixed at some point.

Thank you again for all your work.

I´ve just checked the patcher version of the ruleset and it seems to work fine (I fixed that in 1.0.3). I will double check the ref manual, maybe the issue is there. Thanks for the offer :)

viresanimi
April 14th, 2020, 16:09
That doesn't work for regular SPC's as far as I can tell.

It absolutely works. You need to press the link (red dot) next to each skill, one at a time, and change the value in the pop-up window. CTRL+mouse wheel is the easiest way to do it.

Raunalyn
April 14th, 2020, 17:11
It absolutely works. You need to press the link (red dot) next to each skill, one at a time, and change the value in the pop-up window. CTRL+mouse wheel is the easiest way to do it.

Thank you. I will give it a go when I get a chance

Mechalus
April 14th, 2020, 17:53
Oh Ok, it´s Unity. I will work in Unity soon. Sadly, I´m experiencing some issues both with fonts and transparency PNGs. Smiteworks guys are working on the fonts issues, but I need to figure out how to export the PNG graphics to make Unity respect the background color (you probably noticed transparencies are looking "dyed" in black)

For what it’s worth, the skull on the Hunger dice looks fine. So whatever settings/formatting you have associated with that works.

Naurthoron
April 14th, 2020, 19:35
I hope this helps.

Fixed in latest update today.

meathome
April 14th, 2020, 22:46
Some problems I encountered on the Unity version:
-Adding Discipline Powers to disciplines works very inconsistently (most of the time it does not)
-When adding merits or flaws you have to close the category and reopen it for the changes to be visible (basically it does not update on dropping anything in the list)
-There are create window debug log errors when opening an spc (sadly did not take any screenshots can do if needed)
-the buttons/icons for rouse check etc. at the bottom of the character sheet are inconsistently sized (rouse is to big in relation)
-Dice roll buttons/icons for attributes are to big in relation skill dice roll buttons
-Some text for skill specializations is wrong (survival skill has streetwise specializations listed as examples)

Mechalus
April 18th, 2020, 21:46
Fixed in latest update today.

Thank God! I don't know why I let this bug me as much as it did, but it was like wearing a wet sock.

Redwulfe
April 19th, 2020, 20:38
When in client mode on Classic, the rituals that come pre-made do not have a dicepool and when I try to input one I get an error it still puts the text into the field but it throws an error anyway.

I will copy the error tonight at my game and post, since this is a repeatable error for me.

Nouki
April 19th, 2020, 21:14
I don't know if it's already reported, but when you used the different stuff for change the light, like day night etc that's wasn't work.

Azildnd
April 21st, 2020, 21:41
I know that not being able to add abbreviated SPC's to the combat tracker has already been reported and is being worked on; however, we can also not add them to encounters using the encounters sidebar button.

EDIT: Should also note that there are no console errors or any output what so ever when one tries to do this. Seems that FG is happily chugging away thinking it did the thing but in fact did not do the thing.

Kraanvelt
April 24th, 2020, 14:45
Hi devs, love the platform and the module.

Some things to look at fixing:
1. Cannot import characters from previous campaign via the Import Character tool. It shows the characters but it appears unresponsive, nor does it display correctly.
2. Merits -> Discipline Affinity has the text belonging to the Day Drinker merit.
3. Reference material for VtM under Disciplines -> Auspex -> Heightened Senses is duplicated under Level 1.

Kraanvelt
April 24th, 2020, 15:03
I know that not being able to add abbreviated SPC's to the combat tracker has already been reported and is being worked on; however, we can also not add them to encounters using the encounters sidebar button.

EDIT: Should also note that there are no console errors or any output what so ever when one tries to do this. Seems that FG is happily chugging away thinking it did the thing but in fact did not do the thing.

I just checked this. It simply doesn't update. Create an encounter and add whatever characters you want before opening combat and the A-SPCs should show. Alternatively, if you want to drag and drop into an existing combat you can, it won't show but is added. Close and reopen the combat tracker and they will be displayed. I hope this work-around helps for the time being.

Naurthoron
April 25th, 2020, 12:38
This behavior occurs only with FGU and Ruleset VTM5TH version 1.0.4.
Everyhting is fin with FGC. Everything is fine with FGU and Ruleset CoreRPG 3.3.11

I have created a table with values from 1-1 to 10-10.

When I click on roll for this table, I get the "Custom Dice Rolls" window.
I would like, when the dice is defined already, not to have this window appear forcing me to click a second time on rolling the dice among other options instead of rolling directly.

N.B.: I have tried with and without the Basic Card Deck Tables extension to be sure it was not interfering, and it does not seem to interfere.

34361[

I have found that this behavior was caused by the "Dice: Manual entry" setting that was set On for some reason. Problem solved by setting this back to Off.

viresanimi
April 29th, 2020, 14:16
Version 1.0.4 (FGC)

Abbreviated SPC's seem to be unlocked as default, all the time, despite seemingly being locked. If I press the lock/unlock button, I get the following error:

Also, the Impaired button on SPC-sheets doesn't seem to do anything. I see that it only works on charactersheets if the appropriate trackers are completely filled. I guess that is to make sure players don't give themselves a -2 dice penaly. That isn't too obvious. Perhaps add something like "Only works if tracker is filled" to the tool tip?

A few suggestions:
1) I understand that the SPC sheet is contrained in size to save space. But I would still like to be able to extend the size of it, perhaps just downwards. This would great if you could see all of the skills at the same time, so you have an easy overview of the dots on it.
2) I still think the SPC sheet lack's an inventory. Why not have a button in the top left corner of the weapons window, that lets you change it into an inventory and back again. That feature is used with great efffect in Superteddy's Shadowrun extention.
3) In the same vein as above. I wouldn't mind having a button in the top left corner on the skills tab (SPC perhaps even charactersheets), that lets you toggle between the normal skill list and something in the same still as the "Exceptional dice pools" window from Abbreviated SPC sheets. There may be certain dice pools that is used often where it simply would be easier to have a single button to press.

I have to say, that SPC's overall are in a good place now. So thank you for that! Hope my suggestions are ok.

Vires Animi

viresanimi
April 29th, 2020, 14:38
Version 1.0.4 (FGC)

Abbreviated SPC's: ID button doesn't seem to function.

Naurthoron
April 29th, 2020, 19:15
Version 1.0.4 FGU only (works correctly in FGC)

The title of the window between white skulls does not appear anymore, e.g. attached with Tables.

fixed reapplied without anymore rollback (2020-05-14). (FGU issue).

Naurthoron
April 29th, 2020, 19:55
Version 1.0.4
Some manual references bugs reported that may have slipped your attention:

1/
Library > Backgrounds

2/
All Maneuver text is repeated twice in Advanced conflicts (2nd right arrow)
Block is missing

Vackipleur
April 30th, 2020, 11:36
Version 1.0.4

2/
Block is missing

Already reported in March by me but not fixed... (see https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?54058-Vampire-the-Masquerade-Bug-Reports&p=480280&viewfull=1#post480280)

Luthbel
May 1st, 2020, 10:44
Version 1.0.4

1/
Library > Backgrounds

2/
Block is missing

Fixed now. It´ll be available in 1.0.5 (wich will come shortly)

Luthbel
May 1st, 2020, 10:50
Version 1.0.4 FGU only (works correctly in FGC)

The title of the window between white skulls does not appear anymore, e.g. attached with Tables.

Not sure what´s happening here, I´ve been unable to reproduce it in FGU:

Akaris2
May 2nd, 2020, 13:35
Hi Luthbel, please, could you share the CoC translation to spanish?

Naurthoron
May 2nd, 2020, 17:38
Not sure what´s happening here, I´ve been unable to reproduce it in FGU:

I guess it could be a font or color/transparency issue. I am wondering if I am the only one to suffer from this.

Testing further I have the following error messages:

a lot of those:

[5/2/2020 6:45:53 PM] [WARNING] Error while measuring font [windowtitle]
some of those:

[5/2/2020 6:45:53 PM] [WARNING] Error while drawing font [windowtitle]
and these:

[5/2/2020 6:46:09 PM] [WARNING] Frame tabs contains out-of-range values in BottomLeft.
[5/2/2020 6:46:10 PM] [WARNING] window: Anchored static width ignored for control () in windowclass (minisheet_main)
[5/2/2020 6:46:10 PM] [WARNING] window: Anchored static width ignored for control () in windowclass (minisheet_main)
[5/2/2020 6:46:10 PM] [WARNING] Frame textline contains out-of-range values in Middle.

[5/2/2020 6:47:09 PM] [WARNING] Frame separatorline contains out-of-range values in Middle.

On an image the title is also not readable and I get the following error messages:

[5/2/2020 6:48:18 PM] [WARNING] Error while drawing font [image-header]
[5/2/2020 6:48:20 PM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] MOUSE UPDATE: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
at FG.SDFTextUIBase.GetIndexAt (UnityEngine.Vector2 LPJINEPFOMB) [0x00006] in <bb5071f51e3946a99d0439cd390e7ad0>:0
at FG.TextControlUI.GetIndexAtControlPoint (UnityEngine.Vector2 FCFEKEBPKME) [0x0001d] in <bb5071f51e3946a99d0439cd390e7ad0>:0
at PADOGNGPBAF.NKPJIAFPHBE (UnityEngine.Vector2 FCFEKEBPKME) [0x0000b] in <bb5071f51e3946a99d0439cd390e7ad0>:0
at AMGJPOFMOEK.OCMFDFHHGEL (UnityEngine.Vector2 OHCOFOJAPAN) [0x00008] in <bb5071f51e3946a99d0439cd390e7ad0>:0
at AMGJPOFMOEK.ReceiveClickDown (System.Int32 OFIHBJJLLEO, UnityEngine.Vector2 OHCOFOJAPAN) [0x0004d] in <bb5071f51e3946a99d0439cd390e7ad0>:0
at LEECPKFJIAJ.DPCCBCNKHIK (System.Int32 OFIHBJJLLEO) [0x000b7] in <bb5071f51e3946a99d0439cd390e7ad0>:0
at LEECPKFJIAJ.JIDMLNKADMN () [0x0000e] in <bb5071f51e3946a99d0439cd390e7ad0>:0
at FG.FGDesktop.OPILCLOHJGM () [0x00022] in <bb5071f51e3946a99d0439cd390e7ad0>:0
at FG.FGDesktop.Update () [0x0004e] in <bb5071f51e3946a99d0439cd390e7ad0>:0

Also sometimes, I cannot reproduce it consistently, some message appears in the windowtitle like here ("GM"):

Or here ("/rollon The Streets Victim" which is a macro used on F3):

So far I have:
* uninstall/re-install FGU
* Delete VTM5TH from the vault and update to get it back
* Create a brand new campaign

All without success.

Fixed with today's CoreRPG/FGU update (2020-05-06), Rolled back due to other issues and pushed again on 2020-05-08. Rolled back again, waiting for CoreRPG/FGU fix. fixed reapplied without anymore rollback (2020-05-14).

mauriciokv1
May 6th, 2020, 00:14
Dice result icons still not looking correctly in FGU even after may 5th update.

Mechalus
May 6th, 2020, 01:23
Dice result icons still not looking correctly in FGU even after may 5th update.

Not sure if you are referring to the same thing, but we noticed that the icons don’t match the numbers. For example, on one roll it showed three blank dice, but reported one success.

We noticed it two other times during that game as well, and started just ignoring the dice icons entirely because they couldn’t be trusted.

mauriciokv1
May 6th, 2020, 04:29
Not sure if you are referring to the same thing, but we noticed that the icons don’t match the numbers. For example, on one roll it showed three blank dice, but reported one success.

We noticed it two other times during that game as well, and started just ignoring the dice icons entirely because they couldn’t be trusted.

Exactly! It looks like the icons representing ones and tens are not showing in chat.

Naurthoron
May 6th, 2020, 05:36
Exactly! It looks like the icons representing ones and tens are not showing in chat.

Yes indeed, this has been new to me since latest update, the results are not counted properly: the 1s might not be seen because not on a hunger die, but the 10s definitely had the simple ankh die instead of the criticial one.

Pushing max hunger to force the die to be on a red, the 1s have the same behavior the 1s are showed as blank.

Testing further the 10s are also shown as blanks.

The chat box message remains however accurate, only the visual is wrong on both 1s and 10s.

The problem does not occur on FGC, only FGU.

Fixed with today's CoreRPG/FGU update (2020-05-06), Rolled back due to other issues and pushed again on 2020-05-08. Rolled back again, waiting for CoreRPG/FGU fix. fixed reapplied without anymore rollback (2020-05-14).

Naurthoron
May 6th, 2020, 05:45
FGU & FGC
Ruleset 1.0.4 last update 2020-05-12

When applying a modifier, e.g. +1, the icon is highlighted and it a dice the the pool correctly but then it remains highlighted while not adding a die to the pool anymore. It should either still add a die (toggle mode) or the highlighting should have been removed if the intent is indeed to reset it after use.

MARVIN THE ARVN
May 6th, 2020, 08:57
Yeah, I can confirm we had the same issue with the dice icons during our Monday night session (2 days ago).

meathome
May 6th, 2020, 19:15
I too have the dice icons not matching the results bug (seems to only happen in the unity version and mostly effect 10-s on red dice).
-After one of the updates all specializations disappeared from character sheets and have been replaced by random text from the sheet, like attribute names and predator type. Happened only to the FGU version.
-If an NPC does not have disciplines trying to roll from the sheet throws an error (disappears after adding a discipline). This happens both on FGU and FGC
-Modifiers remain highlighted after use but do not apply after the first roll
-X to close character sheets is hard to click (only the upper right corner seems to work)
-Nested Lists don't update on adding an item or opening a sheet I have to manually collapse and expand these lists multiple times (like disciplines with powers in them) until all entries are visible. Only happens on FGU
-Some window titles are not displayed some display random text or icons (Disciplines window and Discipline Powers window). Only happens on FGU
-Deleting an entry from the combat tracker throws an error. Happens on FGU

Naurthoron
May 6th, 2020, 23:39
The display issues (1s and 10s dice dispaly as well as window titles) have been fixed with today's CoreRPG/FGU update (2020-05-06) - fixed reapplied without anymore rollback (2020-05-14).

meathome
May 7th, 2020, 18:01
Dice display issue is not fixed after update. Seemed to work on my own. As soon as player joined it occurs again. Tested on FGU.
Some more issues:
- Cannot add specializations to spc skills, throws font measurement error(tested on FGU)
- Cannot add more than 2 things for rolls (for example attribute + skill + discipline does not work)

Naurthoron
May 7th, 2020, 19:24
Dice display issue is not fixed after update. Seemed to work on my own. As soon as player joined it occurs again. Tested on FGU.

They had to roll back the fix multiple times as it was causing other more important issue.
Bottom line this issue is not related to the ruleset but to FGU/CoreRPG and the fix will reappear when they figure out what went wrong.

Naurthoron
May 8th, 2020, 19:42
The fix is back... and gone again rolled back :-) Fix reapplied without anymore rollback (2020-05-14).

Dominus IV
May 9th, 2020, 00:44
I'm on Unity
I have V3.3.11 Core Set
I have V5 1.04.0 ruleset

1st problem is when I select the image and the IMAGE BUTTON client gives the image a randomized name from all categorized groups. In the screenshot attached you can see in the picture window on the right and the jpeg IMAGE NAME but in the heading of the image it says “Health” (clearly a stock image from the Vampire source-book). Please see the error in the log in the screenshot that shows up if I attempt to click on the IMAGE NAME in the heading.

2nd problem is the editing any specialties in the Skills when choosing the editing skills on a PC character sheet. Any attempt to edit the randomized text to change the
specialty results in error.(please see image for error log)

Please advise and let me know if you have any questions.

Hanyo990
May 10th, 2020, 05:54
FGC 3.3.10 / VTM5H 1.0.4

Couple of things I'm currently running into with the ruleset:

My dice rolls from any source appear to be coming up 0 or 1 and nothing else. The rolls themselves also seem to not correspond.
In addition to this, the success setting of DN seems to apply not only a difficulty match, but a margin requirement as well. So if the DN is a 5, then not only is the success requirement 5, but unless you roll 5 successes it will still read as a failure.
It does seem to be correctly reading the ATTR+ABL calculation to roll number of dice, but based on success count results, I believe the dice are in fact rolling at 1's or 10's and nothing else.

The Enemy flaw is not listed under flaws, though referenced in the source, (AFAICT)

Don't know if it's a bug, or just not a currently (or expected to be) implemented feature, but dragging and dropping clan / predator type / etc. references onto the page do not seem to as yet automatically fill in the information that comes associated with them. Again, may not be intended at this time or ever just kind of noting the things that caught my immediate attention my first time through fiddling with it.

As a final note, I'm not much for the code of things and so on but I'd happily be willing to offer up my time with data entry or other grunt work to help something like this continue to be developed and / or improved upon. And I'm really rooting and supporting you guys! Love the ruleset.

P.S. Secretly hope you have hopes or plans to release an oWoD ruleset conversion for this some point in the future!

Naurthoron
May 10th, 2020, 09:36
My dice rolls from any source appear to be coming up 0 or 1 and nothing else. The rolls themselves also seem to not correspond.
In addition to this, the success setting of DN seems to apply not only a difficulty match, but a margin requirement as well. So if the DN is a 5, then not only is the success requirement 5, but unless you roll 5 successes it will still read as a failure.
It does seem to be correctly reading the ATTR+ABL calculation to roll number of dice, but based on success count results, I believe the dice are in fact rolling at 1's or 10's and nothing else.

This is the normal behavior for VtM v5 rules versus oWOD. You create your dice pool like before but the difficulty (DN) is the number of successes you must achieve. You count 1 success if the result of the d10 is 6+. 1s have an effect only on hunger dices when you fail the roll and 10s only in pairs.

So DN 5 will require 5 successes or more on the roll.

The Enemy flaw is not listed under flaws, though referenced in the source, (AFAICT)

The "Enemy" flaw does not exist anymore in VtM v5, it has been replaced with "Adversary" under the Mawla category.

[...] dragging and dropping clan / predator type / etc. references onto the page do not seem to as yet automatically fill in the information that comes associated with them.

Not sure which page you are refering to, but you can drag and drop the predator type onto the character sheet (upper right corner just below the token) and later click on the red dot next to it; a window will appear with the predator type information.
An enhancement that is missing and was already requested (as it already exists in Roll20 for instance) is to get dice roll button associated with the selected predator type.

Naurthoron
May 12th, 2020, 23:09
FGU
Ruleset 1.0.4

After loading tables from module the window is small and when resizing table window for better visibility of its content, the columns do not resize dynamically like in FGC.

Naurthoron
May 13th, 2020, 16:16
FGU
Ruleset 1.0.4

When exporting a module (named "VTM5TH-NewBlood.mod") including pregen characters and importing it in a new campaign I get the following error message after adding the pregen characters from the module to the new campaign and opening the character sheet:

[5/13/2020 5:11:55 PM] [WARNING] Error while measuring font [windowtitle]
[5/13/2020 5:11:55 PM] [WARNING] Error while drawing font [windowtitle]
[5/13/2020 5:11:56 PM] [WARNING] Frame tabs contains out-of-range values in BottomLeft.
[5/13/2020 5:11:57 PM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] Graphic: Unable to load file (ruleset/VTM5TH/tokens/Host/S_Ventrue.png) (modules/VTM5TH-NewBlood.mod)
[5/13/2020 5:11:57 PM] [WARNING] Frame textline contains out-of-range values in Middle.
[5/13/2020 5:11:57 PM] [WARNING] Error while drawing font [charitalicred]
[5/13/2020 5:11:57 PM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] Graphic: Unable to load file (ruleset/VTM5TH/tokens/Host/Disciplines/Dominate.png) (modules/VTM5TH-NewBlood.mod)
[5/13/2020 5:11:57 PM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] Graphic: Unable to load file (ruleset/VTM5TH/tokens/Host/Disciplines/Presence.png) (modules/VTM5TH-NewBlood.mod)

Both the clan token and the disciplines' tokens have disappeared on the character sheet.
The associated character token does not seem to be saved during the export either.

RavenSaint
June 15th, 2020, 02:00
I was trying to roll a Attribute+Skill from a full SPC sheet.

I did two rolls to make sure of the Script errors.

Unable to use the "plus" for the SPCs to use combined dice pools for actions. The most errors I have gotten have involved making or using SPCs in my Stories.

superteddy57
June 15th, 2020, 22:29
I have attempted to get in touch with the developer to look at the bug you have run into.

Luthbel
June 16th, 2020, 07:56
Hi RavenSaint,
I´m a bit busy this week, but it´s in my planning to fix it, among other things, from next week

RavenSaint
June 17th, 2020, 00:21
Hi RavenSaint,
I´m a bit busy this week, but it´s in my planning to fix it, among other things, from next week

Thank you. Stay Safe.

maaleixo
June 23rd, 2020, 02:18
FGC: 3.3.10

VTM: 1.0.4

Only player

There has been a bug in the combat tracker (in the player, free client), when adding a character or SPC in the combat tracker, there is a .lua error. And the enemies that should be without "healthly" appear, appear. It only normalizes if the player restarts the client, but it appears in the new ones added.

[23.06.2020 05:07:49] Network Notice: Client ruleset download complete
[23.06.2020 05:08:24] Ruleset Warning: window: Anchored static width ignored for control (label_init) in windowclass (combattracker_client)
[23.06.2020 05:08:24] Ruleset Warning: window: Anchored static width ignored for control (label_init) in windowclass (combattracker_client)
[23.06.2020 05:08:34] Ruleset Warning: window: Anchored static width ignored for control (label_init) in windowclass (combattracker_client)
[23.06.2020 05:08:44] Script Error: [string "ct/scripts/clientct.lua"]:28: attempt to index field 'target_summary' (a nil value)
[23.06.2020 05:08:44] Script Error: [string "ct/scripts/clientct.lua"]:28: attempt to index field 'target_summary' (a nil value)
[23.06.2020 05:08:44] Ruleset Warning: window: Anchored static width ignored for control (label_init) in windowclass (combattracker_client)

Pollution
July 17th, 2020, 20:54
Couple of things: (just bought the v5 core and Cam book, this is 10 min of going through stuff)
1. Any instance of dots in text are just squares.
https://imgur.com/OEDcpU7.jpg
2. the Resonance table only results in melancholy

Luthbel
July 24th, 2020, 19:20
Thanks for the reports guys, I take them into account for 1.0.5
Pollution: I´ve been unable to reproduce it I´ve checked both in Classic and Unity, and the bullets work fine. I take a look at the font anyways, maybe it causes conflict with the same font installed in windows.

Naurthoron
July 24th, 2020, 19:45
I got the font issue as well, it is specific to FGU, not FGC.
I have it also on other rulesets (e.g. CoC 7e), it is due to recent updates on CoreRPG I think. They have recently updated the font compatibility as per patch update notes.

Naurthoron
July 24th, 2020, 19:46
I have the font issue as well for special characters such as ' and dots, it is specific to FGU, not present in FGC.
I have it also on other rulesets (e.g. CoC 7e), it is due to recent updates on CoreRPG I think. They have recently updated the font compatibility as per patch update notes.

Naurthoron
July 24th, 2020, 20:48
Apparently the problem must be fixed at module/ruleset level:
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?60304-Another-font-issue-on-FGU-modules-and-rulesets

Onzlow
July 27th, 2020, 20:55
I have have the font issue, too. (Also in in CoC 7e.)

I just copied this piece pf text from the V5 PDF in notepad++ and change the encoding from the UTF-8 to ANSI.
-----------------------------------------------------------
Storytellers should use common sense when stacking modifiers. At some point, no amount of gilding the
lily helps accomplish a task; likewise, characters’ basic
gifts can carry them through seemingly dire circumstances. Consider capping modifiers at plus or minus
2 to the Difficulty, or at three dice added or removed
from the character’s pool. This guideline applies to
ad hoc Storyteller modifiers, not to modifiers from
specialties or other specific rules.

superteddy57
July 27th, 2020, 20:59
Thank you for the report. They are related to encoding of the characters in FGU. FGC is less strict and can let some through. The modules and ruleset code need to be updated.

Azildnd
July 29th, 2020, 08:41
FGC:

Issue when trying to adjust an image grid using built in Fantasy Grounds toolbar options. See attached screenshot for details.38145

DaddieCat
August 11th, 2020, 23:10
The asset titled "Animalism Symbol" appears to be incorrect. Going into images shows the small image shown in the attached screenshot, and the entry shows no icon at all as in the screenshot.

Edit: Noticed that clicking the empty space on the Animalism reference page opens the same tiny image from the screenshot. Also fixed the screenshot attachment.

Adding that I'm also having the issue with powers populating into the collapsed lists, such as the Disciplines. They show as added in the chat but do not appear in the list. Sometimes closing the Character Disciplines and re-opening causes them to show, but other times it does not. I've found that lowering the Dots in the Discipline and re-adding them will often cause them to populate.

viresanimi
September 6th, 2020, 17:58
If you make an abbreviated SPC and touch the Traits or Notes tab, the SPC bugs out, when you lock / unlock it. Giving the following error:

Under the Library. The top section where you can activate the sidebar buttons. "Encounters" are missing.

GregRex
October 8th, 2020, 14:24
FGU v. 4.0.0

Discipline Powers are not viewable after they are added to the PC sheet.

I cannot import charcters/pregens utilizing the gree + button, it is viewable but not clickable.

MadBeardMan
October 8th, 2020, 14:59
FGU v. 4.0.0

Discipline Powers are not viewable after they are added to the PC sheet.

I cannot import charcters/pregens utilizing the gree + button, it is viewable but not clickable.

Hi GregRex,

Looking at the last issue there, are you running any other extensions at all? I've just created a new Campaign, added a character and the + button is at the bottom where I expected it to be. This is true if I then log out and then back in.

Cheers,
MBM

GregRex
October 8th, 2020, 16:14
MBM, no extensions. The green + in the bottom right works as designed for me. It's the green + in the upper right corner when I'm actually attempting to import the PC sheet. To me it looks like maybe there is an image overlay possibly blocking it?

-Greg

MadBeardMan
October 8th, 2020, 16:31
MBM, no extensions. The green + in the bottom right works as designed for me. It's the green + in the upper right corner when I'm actually attempting to import the PC sheet. To me it looks like maybe there is an image overlay possibly blocking it?

-Greg

Hi Greg,

Confirmed, I could repeat the issue with the import. Yes the Clan Logo is over the top of the + button, that should be a simple fix.

Cheers,
MBM

GregRex
October 8th, 2020, 18:46
Thank you MBM, you are a legend! I may have more coming as I just picked up the ruleset and have my first session coming up.

pralix1138
October 9th, 2020, 22:57
The latest update seems to have cleared up the disappearing Discipline Powers and Advantages for me. Thanks to the elders who made this happen!

pralix1138
October 16th, 2020, 21:13
Getting an error and missing content in the Reference Manual after the last update. 40263
Edited with an additional picture of the result of the error.40285

The specific error is:
[10/16/2020 4:05:10 PM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] Script execution error: [string "ref/scripts/ref_blocklayoutmanager.lua"]:56: attempt to call field 'setAsset' (a nil value)
[10/16/2020 4:05:20 PM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] Script execution error: [string "ref/scripts/ref_blocklayoutmanager.lua"]:56: attempt to call field 'setAsset' (a nil value)

It only does this on certain tabs within the Reference Manual. I can close the error window, but much of the text on the problematic tab seems to be missing.

lordcygnus
October 20th, 2020, 01:13
Hey guys/girls, I've found another issue, it seems that the character sheets don't have the titles like in the FGC (bold fonts) and you can literally write something around the titles as well, it allows the cursor to stand beside them and write things, see attached image for reference.

Camellen
October 29th, 2020, 02:34
Some issues I've noticed with the module (in FGU, although many are content-based so it likely applies to classic as well):
-Survival uses the example specialties for Streetwise
-Many Advantages have no dot cost, or display an incorrect dot cost (Unbondable displays as 4 instead of 5, although I just now discovered that I could edit it so I'm not sure if I clicked and messed it up or something)
-Some flaws (such as Enemy) are not shown in the list of available flaws
-When attempting to exit out of a character sheet, the center of the X does not close it (but clicking to the right of it does)
-When attempting to reposition an SPC sheet, clicking to the right of the SPC sheet and dragging instead spawns a character sheet from one of the PCs. When I hover over the location, it reads "Token."

superteddy57
October 29th, 2020, 03:06
Thank you for the reports. I have tried to reach out to the developer to respond.

pralix1138
October 29th, 2020, 03:29
Some issues I've noticed with the module (in FGU, although many are content-based so it likely applies to classic as well):
-Survival uses the example specialties for Streetwise
-Many Advantages have no dot cost, or display an incorrect dot cost (Unbondable displays as 4 instead of 5, although I just now discovered that I could edit it so I'm not sure if I clicked and messed it up or something)
-Some flaws (such as Enemy) are not shown in the list of available flaws
-When attempting to exit out of a character sheet, the center of the X does not close it (but clicking to the right of it does)
-When attempting to reposition an SPC sheet, clicking to the right of the SPC sheet and dragging instead spawns a character sheet from one of the PCs. When I hover over the location, it reads "Token."

-The Survival thing is weird. It's correct in the Reference Manual, but switched in the character sheet. A developer oversight perhaps? I just changed it on the character sheet, but you'd have to do that with each character.
-You didn't mess up Unbondable. It is listed as 4 dots and should be 5. I assume it's an oversight on the part of the developers?
-I think the Enemy flaw doesn't show up because it doesn't appear to have a rating in the Rulebook. It's listed in the Allies description on pg. 184 of the Core Rulebook. If that's the case, you may just have to create it on the fly with the guidelines listed there. There are several Flaws that seem to be listed under the Background or Merit heading also.
-I have the same issue, though I've gotten so accustomed to it, so I don't even realize it anymore.
-I can't duplicate the repositioning problem. Weird.

All-in-all, I haven't come across too many things that really slow down my running a game on it. These fixes would certainly be welcome though.

Nightstride
November 7th, 2020, 02:07
I noticed a few issues with the merits/flaws sections of the rulebook. I'll try to separate these in a somewhat coherent format. I few of these have been mentioned elsewhere, but I'm still going to include them for simplicity. I'm using FGU, and have not tested in classic.

Missing Merits:
-Thin-blood > Vampiric Resilience

Missing Flaws (I tested several by clicking on them, and all were missing dot values):
-Linguistics > Illiterate (I see this one in the library section at the top, but not in the VTM module Flaws menu, with the headings. Addictions shows up where illiterate should be.)

Missing Predator Flaws/background (dis)advantages (For the ones without explicit descriptions, simply filling in the dots and leaving them otherwise empty should be enough):
-Enemy (Bagger, Siren)
-Dark Secret: Diablerist (Blood Leech)
-Dark Secret: Masquerade Breacher (Consensualist)
-Enemies (Osiris)

Moon Wizard
November 8th, 2020, 07:02
I've forwarded to the Vampire DLC developers.

Regards,
JPG

GregRex
November 20th, 2020, 16:13

Just following up with the PC import bug. The green '+' symbols are covered with icons. I would like to load my saved module's pregens into a new campaign instead of cleaning up the same one-shot repeatedly.

Valyar
November 23rd, 2020, 08:09

Just following up with the PC import bug. The green '+' symbols are covered with icons. I would like to load my saved module's pregens into a new campaign instead of cleaning up the same one-shot repeatedly.

Can you reduce the UI scaling and see if this helps?

pralix1138
November 23rd, 2020, 13:03
Can you reduce the UI scaling and see if this helps?

It did not help for me, unfortunately.

GregRex
November 23rd, 2020, 15:10
Yeah I went min/max on it to see if I could click around it.

MadBeardMan
December 3rd, 2020, 13:22

Just to let you know that I've pushed a fix to this today.

Thanks,
MBM

pralix1138
December 22nd, 2020, 01:24
Just to let you know that I've pushed a fix to this today.

Thanks,
MBM

Just wanted to say this did, indeed, fix it for me. Thanks for the work!

MadBeardMan
December 22nd, 2020, 01:38
Just wanted to say this did, indeed, fix it for me. Thanks for the work!

Awesome, thanks for letting me know. I didn't find the time to look at the Character Sheet being made bigger but I will find some time over Xmas.

If anyone knows any 'scripting' issues then please let me know, I know the Content Developer is super busy with Covid and freelance work at the moment but I'll see if I can solve some of them.

Cheers,
MBM

Nightstride
January 23rd, 2021, 04:06
I did a fairly extensive read-through of the VTM reference manual and found a few issues. These messages have a character limit, so I've uploaded a full list as a text file on this comment. I tried to structure things so they're as straight forward as possible, as well as offered some ideas for tweaks where possible.

I know the list may look daunting with its size, but keep in mind that the VTM5e book is over 400 pages long, and most of these issues are little things that were missed. Relative to the scale of the book, there's not a lot here.

Overall, I'm very impressed with what the team has achieved here. It's a good ruleset, and I've been planning a chronicle to run with friends in it.

Ockin
January 23rd, 2021, 18:16
Currently I am trying to get the tables working however the unique dice rolling system has messed up the results.

Basically because the result of the dice (e.g. 1d10) gets rounded to either being a 1 for a success or a 0 for a failure the tables no longer work. If I have a table with 100 results that are called by a d100 then I'll only ever call the results for field 1 or field 0.

Is it possible to limit the rounding to d10s. That would at least mean that d100s would give the correct result for the tables.

Additionally I believe as mentioned in a different thread the "+" symbols are not working if you want to roll from an SPC directly. If you click the SPC button, and select the SPC from that menu the table that pops up does not have clickable +s. I have however been able to call the same table from other locations and it does then seem to function correctly.

Fear Grounds
January 23rd, 2021, 19:09
Currently I am trying to get the tables working however the unique dice rolling system has messed up the results.

Basically because the result of the dice (e.g. 1d10) gets rounded to either being a 1 for a success or a 0 for a failure the tables no longer work. If I have a table with 100 results that are called by a d100 then I'll only ever call the results for field 1 or field 0.

Is it possible to limit the rounding to d10s. That would at least mean that d100s would give the correct result for the tables.

Additionally I believe as mentioned in a different thread the "+" symbols are not working if you want to roll from an SPC directly. If you click the SPC button, and select the SPC from that menu the table that pops up does not have clickable +s. I have however been able to call the same table from other locations and it does then seem to function correctly.

After rolling on the table you should see the results of the roll appear in the chatbox, these results will change based on the actual number you rolled. The picture of the dice in chat, does not affect the result of the roll. If you make a custom table that does not use a d10, then the actual number rolled will appear in the chatbox, instead of success or failure. Note: A d100 roll is executed using two 10 sided dice, so will still show with success and failure markings on the dice.

SPC's need to be copied before they can be actually used for play in game. The starting SPCs that show up are READ ONLY. Once copied, the copies work just like the character sheets.

Ockin
January 23rd, 2021, 20:26
Thanks for the reply. I'm still getting to grips with this.

I think the issue I was having with the dice rolling was that I was pressing the tick (ok), rather than the image of the dice (roll). I went on the assumption that the tick did exactly the same as the roll button just without showing the animation. I'm not actually sure what the "ok" tick is actually meant to do (sorry if it should be obvious).

I now see what you mean with the SPCs. Again it's me being a newb, I do now see it says this on the help file. I think I was thrown off by the fact that if you drag the token from the top right corner of the SPC templates it opens a blank character sheet. I wasn't sure if those blank character sheets were meant to be filled in with the stats of the SPC I dragged it from; basically creating copy of that template.

It might be worth relabeling the group they're in from "X" to "template X" to avoid confusion. Although I should have read the help files more carefully I can imagine this being a common area of confusion with new users.

Fear Grounds
January 23rd, 2021, 20:32
Never worry about asking questions. That's the whole purpose of us being here.