PDA

View Full Version : Vampire the Masquerade Bug Reports

Pages : 1 [2]

Fear Grounds
February 19th, 2021, 19:38
Abbreviated SPC sheets not working. You cannot roll off the ASPC sheet since the update.

Neither the ASPC or SPC sheets can be added to the combat tracker. It adds a random player character to the combat tracker instead??? Since the combat tracker and maps are linked, this is making it much harder than it should be to use maps in tactical situations.

MadBeardMan
February 20th, 2021, 14:08
Abbreviated SPC sheets not working. You cannot roll off the ASPC sheet since the update.

Neither the ASPC or SPC sheets can be added to the combat tracker. It adds a random player character to the combat tracker instead??? Since the combat tracker and maps are linked, this is making it much harder than it should be to use maps in tactical situations.

Hey,

I'll take a look at this, the various CoreRPG updates shouldn't have affected this, but obviously, something has happened.

Thanks,
MBM

Moon Wizard
February 20th, 2021, 22:28
Just pushed hot fix to at least one script error when rolling from abbreviated SPC sheets. If you include the logs next time you get an error, I can verify whether that I get the right error.
Can you update and try again?

Also, for the SPC / ASPC drop on combat tracker; that appears to be working for me when dropping from the sidebar campaign lists to the combat tracker. What are the steps you are following when it is not working correctly?

Thanks,
JPG

pralix1138
February 20th, 2021, 22:36
Just pushed hot fix to at least one script error when rolling from abbreviated SPC sheets. If you include the logs next time you get an error, I can verify whether that I get the right error.
Can you update and try again?

Also, for the SPC / ASPC drop on combat tracker; that appears to be working for me when dropping from the sidebar campaign lists to the combat tracker. What are the steps you are following when it is not working correctly?

Thanks,
JPG

I'm not having trouble with SPC's rolling, but the APC's are still giving some trouble. Here are the log errors I'm getting:
[2/20/2021 5:30:54 PM] [ERROR] Script execution error: [string "scripts/manager_characters.lua"]:566: attempt to index local 'rSource' (a nil value)
[2/20/2021 5:31:57 PM] [ERROR] Script execution error: [string "scripts/manager_characters.lua"]:566: attempt to index local 'rSource' (a nil value)
[2/20/2021 5:32:30 PM] [ERROR] Script execution error: [string "scripts/manager_characters.lua"]:566: attempt to index local 'rSource' (a nil value)

Moon Wizard
February 20th, 2021, 23:11
Just pushed another hot fix release to address that specific issue. Can you update, and let me know if there are more script errors that you are coming across?

(I'm not the developer on the ruleset; so I'm not familiar with the system or this ruleset code base. I'm just patching the script errors as you bring up.)

Thanks,
JPG

Fear Grounds
February 20th, 2021, 23:18
Just updated, twice. Rolls are working, and I can add everyone to the combat tracker again.

Thank you for the quick responses and all your hard work.

pralix1138
February 21st, 2021, 01:03
seems to be working for me. thanks for the attention and work!

cheers!

Nightstride
February 21st, 2021, 02:51
I've been seeing this error when I launch the ruleset:

[ERROR] Script execution error: [string "scripts/manager_actor_V5.lua"]:15: attempt to index global 'ActorHealthManager' (a nil value)

Moon Wizard
February 21st, 2021, 03:16
It sounds like you might have an unpacked version of the CoreRPG ruleset. Make sure that you remove any folders from the FG data folder under rulesets.

Regards,
JPG

tedrion
February 22nd, 2021, 12:57
The most recent patch has crippled both FGC and FGU VtM5 for me. I took screenshots of the before and after.

Prepatch (https://1drv.ms/u/s!AtRqt1GrxR67jNAG13mbGf-MkTxZlg?e=KqIFA8)

Postpatch (https://1drv.ms/u/s!AtRqt1GrxR67jNAFxHACs_NG0htBTQ?e=GXrwou)

The icons on the right have lost all artwork.
I can no longer customize what icons show up. The GM, Play, Create, and All buttons are missing from the top of the Library.
The various buttons in the upper section of the library are completely gone.

I'm going to try to export the PC characters and rebuild the campaign from scratch and see if that helps. Any other troubleshooting I can try?

Update: rebuilding campaign from scratch did nothing to resolve the issue.

viresanimi
February 22nd, 2021, 13:09
The icons on the right have lost all artwork.
I can no longer customize what icons show up. The GM, Play, Create, and All buttons are missing from the top of the Library.
The various buttons in the upper section of the library are completely gone.

The icons are gone in favour of text buttons. You now configure them from your options menu.

superteddy57
February 22nd, 2021, 13:26
This is not a bug and is part of the new update that recently into the LIVE build.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?65776-Beta-Release-2021-02-Ruleset-Updates&p=576329&viewfull=1#post576329

You can add sidebar buttons by going to Options > Sidebar and selecting the buttons you wish to see on the side.

tedrion
February 22nd, 2021, 13:29
This is not a bug and is part of the new update that recently into the LIVE build.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?65776-Beta-Release-2021-02-Ruleset-Updates&p=576329&viewfull=1#post576329

You can add sidebar buttons by going to Options > Sidebar and selecting the buttons you wish to see on the side.

I just read through this on the main forums after realizing my other games have the same thingy going on. That's a huge change. I'll miss the art LOL

Thank you.

Fear Grounds
February 22nd, 2021, 15:22
Fantasy Grounds Classic-VTM5TH Ruleset-Fully updated
No themes or extensions used...

Errors reported on player's client when adding any SPC or Abreviated SPC to the combat tracker. Players cannot see the tokens for said SPC or ASPC either. If you replace the default VTM Ruleset token with any other token, this error does not happen and the tokens are visible to all.

Script Error: [string "ct/scripts/clientct.lua"]:28: attempt to index field 'target_summary' (a nil value)
Script Error: [string "ct/scripts/clientct.lua"]:28: attempt to index field 'target_summary' (a nil value)
Ruleset Warning: window: Anchored static width ignored for control (label_init) in windowclass (combattracker_client)
Network Warning: Download error for file 'ruleset/VTM5TH/tokens/tokens/Host/Letters/C.png'; HTTP/1.1 404 NOT FOUND; Retrying.
Ruleset Warning: window: Anchored static width ignored for control (label_init) in windowclass (combattracker_client)

No errors reported on host client.

Myandreth
March 18th, 2021, 04:22
I've searched everywhere and I can't find a way to edit the Advantage section any PC. Can't delete any added advange other then reducing the value to zero. Am I missing something?

Fear Grounds
March 18th, 2021, 04:32
I've searched everywhere and I can't find a way to edit the Advantage section any PC. Can't delete any added advange other then reducing the value to zero. Am I missing something?

Welcome Myandreth,

To add advantages drag and drop them on the character sheet in the attribute area.

To remove a merit of any type, right click on the merit in question. In the radial menu select delete item(skull and crossbones)

Hope this helps

Nymlock
March 21st, 2021, 05:11
Hi! I was trying to create a campaign and i get this error:

[3/21/2021 12:49:14 AM] MEASURE: RULESETS LOAD - 66.53401 - VTM5TH
[3/21/2021 12:49:14 AM] MEASURE: EXTENSIONS LOAD - 0.0030004 - 0
[3/21/2021 12:49:17 AM] MEASURE: MODULE LIST BUILD - 3.1065283 - 22
[3/21/2021 12:49:18 AM] MEASURE: REFRESH IMAGE ASSETS - 0.4592474
[3/21/2021 12:49:18 AM] MEASURE: REFRESH PORTRAIT ASSETS - 0.1980047
[3/21/2021 12:49:18 AM] MEASURE: REFRESH TOKEN ASSETS - 0.2509937
[3/21/2021 12:49:18 AM] MEASURE: ASSET LIST BUILD - 0.9082458
[3/21/2021 12:49:20 AM] [WARNING] Could not load script file (VTM5TH) () (campaign/scripts/list_viewers.lua)
[3/21/2021 12:49:20 AM] [WARNING] Could not load script file (VTM5TH) () (campaign/scripts/list_viewers.lua)
[3/21/2021 12:49:22 AM] MEASURE: LOAD - PART 1 - 74.0320126
[3/21/2021 12:49:22 AM] s'DesktopManager.showDockTitleText: Deprecated on 2021-02-01'
[3/21/2021 12:49:22 AM] s'DesktopManager.setDockTitleFont: Deprecated on 2021-02-01'
[3/21/2021 12:49:22 AM] s'DesktopManager.setDockTitleFrame: Deprecated on 2021-02-01'
[3/21/2021 12:49:22 AM] s'DesktopManager.setDockTitlePosition: Deprecated on 2021-02-01'
[3/21/2021 12:49:22 AM] s'DesktopManager.setDockIconSizeAndSpacing: Deprecated on 2021-02-01'
[3/21/2021 12:49:22 AM] [ERROR] Attempt to instantiate missing window class (identitylist)
[3/21/2021 12:49:22 AM] [ERROR] Script execution error: [string "desktop/scripts/characterlist.lua"]:30: attempt to index global 'button_lock' (a nil value)
[3/21/2021 12:49:22 AM] [ERROR] Handler error: [string "scripts/manager_desktop.lua"]:432: attempt to call field 'setRecordType' (a nil value)
[3/21/2021 12:49:22 AM] [ERROR] Handler error: [string "scripts/manager_desktop.lua"]:386: attempt to call field 'setData' (a nil value)
[3/21/2021 12:49:23 AM] [WARNING] Frame hotkeytitlebox contains out-of-range values in Middle.
[3/21/2021 12:49:23 AM] [WARNING] Frame hotkeytitlebox contains out-of-range values in Right.

when it finally open i cant press any menu button or do anything. A month ago i try to create a campaign and had no problem doing it,

Moon Wizard
March 21st, 2021, 05:35
Nymlock,

I don't see VTM in your account; so that might be part of the issue?

Regards,
JPG

Nymlock
March 21st, 2021, 12:14
Nymlock,

I don't see VTM in your account; so that might be part of the issue?

Regards,
JPG

I donīt understand, you mean the official book? If you mean that, FG come with the rulesets, so i should at least get FG up and running so i can press a button (which i can't)

By the way, i am not running any extensions at the moment

MadBeardMan
March 21st, 2021, 12:38
Hi Nymlock,

You are running an older version of the ruleset as those errors are to to do with the recent CoreRPG updates. Make sure you've updated everything.

Thanks,
MBM

Nymlock
March 21st, 2021, 12:43
Hi Nymlock,

You are running an older version of the ruleset as those errors are to to do with the recent CoreRPG updates. Make sure you've updated everything.

Thanks,
MBM

I update evything, it sais its fully update.

MadBeardMan
March 21st, 2021, 12:45
I update evything, it sais its fully update.

Odd,

Can you take a screenshot of the desktop and put it here.

Thanks,
MBM

Nymlock
March 21st, 2021, 13:23
It seems that you only need to buy the product. I just did it and now it works fine. Thanks everyone!

MadBeardMan
March 21st, 2021, 13:53
It seems that you only need to buy the product. I just did it and now it works fine. Thanks everyone!

Hi Nymlock,

Thanks for letting us know. I find it strange that you had VtM as an option without owning the ruleset. I'll let Smiteworks solve that one!

Glad it's working, some updates coming to it soon to make things a bit clearer to read.

Cheers,
MBM

vegaserik
March 21st, 2021, 15:37
Hi Nymlock,

Thanks for letting us know. I find it strange that you had VtM as an option without owning the ruleset. I'll let Smiteworks solve that one!

Glad it's working, some updates coming to it soon to make things a bit clearer to read.

Cheers,
MBM

OOOHHHH Nice!

pralix1138
March 21st, 2021, 18:30
Hi Nymlock,

Cheers,
MBM

Nice!

phargoth
March 21st, 2021, 23:56
checking the disciplines and disciplines power and found an error.

the Power "Enduring Beasts" its a Fortitude power level 2, but appears on the disciplines powers form ALSO as an Animalism power; on the powers form as level 2, but when looking discipline powers from the modules it appears as leve 3... either way it's wrong.

sending a print screen marking the rights and wrongs

Myandreth
March 22nd, 2021, 03:16
I'll try this thank you.

pralix1138
April 6th, 2021, 22:41
Just checking out the update, and I noticed that the update to the Blood Surge seems to be working when I press the Surge button on the character sheet, but the verbiage is not updated in the ruleset itself. The Blood Potency table doesn't seem to reflect the changes either. The first screenshot is the wording from the Ruleset in Fantasy Grounds. The second screenshot is the Blood Potency table from the FGU Ruleset. The third screenshot is from the V5 Companion itself. 455024550345504

viresanimi
April 6th, 2021, 23:05
To me it seems like Blood surge works fine, except for at blood potency 0. There it should give a +1 dicebonus, but it gives +2 dice. (this is fgu).

Last Obfucscate power in the reference manual (Imposter's Guise) still has its name misplaced, at the bottom of power above it. I reported this on release day of the ruleset BTW.

superteddy57
April 7th, 2021, 20:01
Hi folks, I will look into phargoth's, pralix1138's, and viresanimi's reports. Just need some time to finish up something I am working on and will tackle these reports. Thank you for your patience and keep them coming.

viresanimi
April 7th, 2021, 20:12
Is Superteddy working on VtM? Has the Camarilla finally sent the big guns??? *grins*

superteddy57
April 7th, 2021, 20:24
Is Superteddy working on VtM? Has the Camarilla finally sent the big guns??? *grins*

I'm finishing up a cleanup and a feature upgrade for Starfinder at the moment. I will be looking over the VtM5e ruleset to help resolve the issues you are running into to help get games back in running order. I'm not the dedicated dev for the ruleset, but it will get the same treatment Starfinder is while it is in maintenance mode. Which means, we are looking for a dev to take it over fully, but will have me look into bug reports and do a review of the ruleset's functionality.

viresanimi
April 7th, 2021, 20:39
Just happy bugs are being fixed.

In case you don't know, (this is for FGU), there is a long running bug in Abbreviated SPC's. If you make changes to one. Looks at the various tabs on the left side and the lock / unlock it, errors start flying everywhere. Been like that for ages. I just never ever lock those sheets anymore.

superteddy57
April 7th, 2021, 20:57
Just happy bugs are being fixed.

In case you don't know, (this is for FGU), there is a long running bug in Abbreviated SPC's. If you make changes to one. Looks at the various tabs on the left side and the lock / unlock it, errors start flying everywhere. Been like that for ages. I just never ever lock those sheets anymore.

My pleasure! Just need some time to finish up my last project and get a chance to over look the code for VtM5e. Get my bearings as it were. If there are long standing bugs, please report them here again to help me keep everything in one place and I'll work through each and ever request.

Nightstride
April 9th, 2021, 00:05
I don't know if this stuff would be under your umbrella to fix, but I did attach a txt file earlier in the thread with various issues I found in the reference manual that may be of interest to you. I can post it again if you'd want.

superteddy57
April 9th, 2021, 04:06
I don't know if this stuff would be under your umbrella to fix, but I did attach a txt file earlier in the thread with various issues I found in the reference manual that may be of interest to you. I can post it again if you'd want.

I would suggest reposting it as it would help in getting them addressed. I will be backtracking through the thread, but it could get lost in the shuffle of posts.

Nightstride
April 10th, 2021, 00:28
Here you go (See attached).

The list might be slightly outdated due to the recent errata from the Companion. But otherwise these are mostly small tweaks.

superteddy57
April 15th, 2021, 19:35
Here you go (See attached).

The list might be slightly outdated due to the recent errata from the Companion. But otherwise these are mostly small tweaks.

Thank you, most of those look like module issues cept for the few ruleset ones I was able to get resolved. I'm still back tracking through the posts and see if anything ruleset related hasn't been already tackled by Madbeardman.

GregRex
April 21st, 2021, 14:59
I had my first VtM session last night in about 6 months and have some things to report. Some of these are more feature requests than bugs:

-The PC sheets 'x' to close the window is slightly off-center. I had to click to the right of the 'x' to close the records.

-'Surge' action did not seem to be calculated off of Blood Potency correctly.

-Dice results only show pass (6+) or fail (5-) when manually rolled in the chat window. It would be nice to see the actual results. This came up due to initiative rolls...

-Initiative is not tracked in the Combat Tracker. Should be calculated by; Composure + Awareness, then by highest composure, then by a d10 roll off to determine initiative steps.

-I'd like to share my dice results rolls via chat re-drag and drop method and not show the binary pass/fail. The actual numbers are useful when showing players the mechanics of what happened.

-All dice rolls are against a target Difficulty Number (DN) when rolled in chat or through automation rolls like in the PC sheets. An alternate 'Opposed Roll' system would be great to include for a very standard way of playing.

I have another game in two weeks, more to come I'm sure.

Cheers,

Greg

viresanimi
April 21st, 2021, 15:38
-'Surge' action did not seem to be calculated off of Blood Potency correctly.

It does do it right. Now. Have you seen the errata from the free companion released in december?

-Initiative is not tracked in the Combat Tracker. Should be calculated by; Composure + Awareness, then by highest composure, then by a d10 roll off to determine initiative steps.
All of which can be entered into the Initiative tracker, if you turn the Initiative Method to "Init Order" in the options menu. Since I never use it, since I go for the more storytelling option myself, I think you'd need to input that manually. An integrated system would definately be welcome!

-I'd like to share my dice results rolls via chat re-drag and drop method and not show the binary pass/fail. The actual numbers are useful when showing players the mechanics of what happened.
I am not sure I understand this. Since Vampire does not have numbers but binary pass / fail rolls.

GregRex
April 21st, 2021, 16:01
It does do it right. Now. Have you seen the errata from the free companion released in december?

The reference isn't in Fantasy Grounds, it was was we were going off of. I got it now thanks!

All of which can be entered into the Initiative tracker, if you turn the Initiative Method to "Init Order" in the options menu. Since I never use it, since I go for the more storytelling option myself, I think you'd need to input that manually. An integrated system would definately be welcome!

Awesome! I didn't know it was there. I'll check it next session.

I am not sure I understand this. Since Vampire does not have numbers but binary pass / fail rolls.

It's more of a tool to show my players the result of my dice roll as a numeric rather than pass/fail. Totally not required but nice to have if we can get an option to show dice numeric outputs as well.

viresanimi
April 21st, 2021, 16:04
It's more of a tool to show my players the result of my dice roll as a numeric rather than pass/fail. Totally not required but nice to have if we can get an option to show dice numeric outputs as well.

Oh I see. Well. Personally I wouldn't expect it to happen, since it is a distinctly "not in the ruleset" thing. That doesn't mean I am opposed it. I love options. The more the merrier!

vegaserik
April 22nd, 2021, 17:47
All of which can be entered into the Initiative tracker, if you turn the Initiative Method to "Init Order" in the options menu. Since I never use it, since I go for the more storytelling option myself, I think you'd need to input that manually. An integrated system would definately be welcome!.

You can enter it, but I don't think it arranges it in order. I could never get that to work right in the sessions I've done.

But as far as the dice numbers, I don't see a way to do this. Not even just picking up the die and rolling it manually shows the numbers.

viresanimi
April 22nd, 2021, 18:01
I don't think there is any automation on this. You may have to enter the number yourself. I guess they assumed that people wouldn't use the initiative system, as the ruleset heavily implies that it is a story and not a system.

There is so much missing in this ruleset that you wonder how they could charge full price with a straight face. Basic stuff has been taken out (encounters). But I know for a fact that Smiteworks is aware. It just depends if we can be vocal enough about wanting a ruleset that has the barest minimum of functionality be incorporated.

So. Please. Make posts about it. Be constructive. Show them that you care.

pralix1138
April 22nd, 2021, 18:06
I don't think there is any automation on this. You may have to enter the number yourself. I guess they assumed that people wouldn't use the initiative system, as the ruleset heavily implies that it is a story and not a system.

There is so much missing in this ruleset that you wonder how they could charge full price with a straight face. Basic stuff has been taken out (encounters). But I know for a fact that Smiteworks is aware. It just depends if we can be vocal enough about wanting a ruleset that has the barest minimum of functionality be incorporated.

The ruleset does have encounters in it, though. There are certainly some things that are missing from the core rules. I'd love to see the coterie stuff more fully integrated, but our group has been playing since November, and we've found ways to incorporate everything.

superteddy57
April 22nd, 2021, 18:07

I have checked this and it doesn't appear that the init changes the sort of the combat tracker. It will be added to my list of things to investigate.

Fear Grounds
April 22nd, 2021, 18:48
The alternate rules of Initiative tracking (Composure + Awareness) are not used by every group. Could be a nice option for any who does wish to use them.

Only D10s are changed to pass/fail roles. If you need an actual number, try using "/die (NdN+N)" in the chat box. Using anything other than a d10 will give a numeric result.

superteddy57
April 22nd, 2021, 18:56
The alternate rules of Initiative tracking (Composure + Awareness) are not used by every group. Could be a nice option for any who does wish to use them.

Only D10s are changed to pass/fail roles. If you need an actual number, try using "/die (NdN+N)" in the chat box. Using anything other than a d10 will give a numeric result.

Yes, I noticed the custom roll have taken over the normal d10 roll nature and not sure why since you still need to roll percentages and would be nice to have dice roll for tables. Again, it's on my list of investigation and understand why the direction was taken.

viresanimi
April 22nd, 2021, 20:44
The ruleset does have encounters in it, though. There are certainly some things that are missing from the core rules. I'd love to see the coterie stuff more fully integrated, but our group has been playing since November, and we've found ways to incorporate everything.

I know there is an encounter button, under the SPC's. Which opens the Story window..... So... Where do you find it?

pralix1138
April 22nd, 2021, 21:14
I know there is an encounter button, under the SPC's. Which opens the Story window..... So... Where do you find it?

1.) Click on the Options menu and then select "Sidebar": 45985
2.) Select either "All" or "GM": 45986
3.) That should make the button appear: 45987

Hope this helps!

phargoth
April 28th, 2021, 15:37
Hi.

Just check for updates and then checked the Discipline powers bug i reported, and it still stands.
Not sure it it still under correction but... push it up so that it wont fall into the Umbra ;)

checking the disciplines and disciplines power and found an error.

the Power "Enduring Beasts" its a Fortitude power level 2, but appears on the disciplines powers form ALSO as an Animalism power; on the powers form as level 2, but when looking discipline powers from the modules it appears as leve 3... either way it's wrong.

sending a print screen marking the rights and wrongs

superteddy57
April 28th, 2021, 19:18
Hi.

Just check for updates and then checked the Discipline powers bug i reported, and it still stands.
Not sure it it still under correction but... push it up so that it wont fall into the Umbra ;)

It is not lost or forgotten. Should be part of the next update. Please understand that I am working through the ruleset code and learning the system as well. Some things may take some time to get resolved.

phargoth
April 29th, 2021, 09:12
It is not lost or forgotten. Should be part of the next update. Please understand that I am working through the ruleset code and learning the system as well. Some things may take some time to get resolved.

ok :) no problem.
only pushed it because i saw the big update on Friday, and still found the same situation.

Take care!

vegaserik
May 9th, 2021, 23:50
In the new Companion, the Clans are not listed in the Clans sidebar pop up. I can get to them through the library. The clan symbol also doesn't go onto the sheet properly when the clan is dragged onto a new sheet.

superteddy57
May 10th, 2021, 02:50
Thanks for the report. We'll let the developer know

tedrion
June 14th, 2021, 21:14
Ever since the Companion update i've had a really bad bug in both Classic and Unity. I suspect it may have to do with the clans not being properly in the "clans" section of the interface (they are in the library, but not anywhere else).

If you go to the "Other" tab on a character sheet that is using Ravnos, Tzimisce, or Salubri as it's clan (manually dropped from the library) you get the following:

[ERROR] windowcontrol: Database type mismatch on path (banetxt) in control (banetxt) in control (banetxt) in class (charactersheet abilities)

I can clear/close the error window and ...like the error notes the "bane" section of the character is not accessible. I can click on it to my heart's content (or like an obsessive jack rabbit) and it does nothing.

tedrion
June 14th, 2021, 21:18
Ever since the Companion update i've had a really bad bug in both Classic and Unity. I suspect it may have to do with the clans not being properly in the "clans" section of the interface (they are in the library, but not anywhere else).

If you go to the "Other" tab on a character sheet that is using Ravnos, Tzimisce, or Salubri as it's clan (manually dropped from the library) you get the following:

[ERROR] windowcontrol: Database type mismatch on path (banetxt) in control (banetxt) in control (banetxt) in class (charactersheet abilities)

I can clear/close the error window and ...like the error notes the "bane" section of the character is not accessible. I can click on it to my heart's content (or like an obsessive jack rabbit) and it does nothing.

To expand upon this a little bit as i'm testing further...

If I add one of the corebook/camarilla clans the Bane box is available but as I drop the clan into the sheet I get the following error:

[ERROR] Script execution error: [string "scripts/manager_characters.lua"]:332: setValue: Database node type mismatch (charsheet.id-00014.banetxt:formattedtext) (token)

superteddy57
June 14th, 2021, 21:34
To expand upon this a little bit as i'm testing further...

If I add one of the corebook/camarilla clans the Bane box is available but as I drop the clan into the sheet I get the following error:

[ERROR] Script execution error: [string "scripts/manager_characters.lua"]:332: setValue: Database node type mismatch (charsheet.id-00014.banetxt:formattedtext) (token)

Thank you for the report. A hotfix is pushed.

MadBeardMan
June 16th, 2021, 17:14
In the new Companion, the Clans are not listed in the Clans sidebar pop up. I can get to them through the library. The clan symbol also doesn't go onto the sheet properly when the clan is dragged onto a new sheet.

Hi vegaserik,

I pushed an update for VtM The Companion yesterday, it will be released next Tuesday, it includes the Clan Logos appearing and the list in the sidebar.

Thanks,
MBM

tedrion
June 17th, 2021, 06:03
Hi vegaserik,

I pushed an update for VtM The Companion yesterday, it will be released next Tuesday, it includes the Clan Logos appearing and the list in the sidebar.

Thanks,
MBM

Excellent!!!! Thank you. :) Your hard work will be put to very fun use.

tedrion
June 26th, 2021, 03:41
The Hotfix worked perfectly! The 3 clans show up in the clans sidebar button, and can be dropped into the sheet without breaking the Banes.

However...

The Merits from the companion are not available in the Merits on the Sidebar. Is there any reason for this?

MadBeardMan
June 26th, 2021, 15:01
The Hotfix worked perfectly! The 3 clans show up in the clans sidebar button, and can be dropped into the sheet without breaking the Banes.

However...

The Merits from the companion are not available in the Merits on the Sidebar. Is there any reason for this?

Yep there's a reason, didn't know much about them as didn't work on that section, will look for you as I've built a new importer for VtM products so I'll have to add that there, leave it with me.

Cheers,
MBM

tedrion
June 27th, 2021, 17:39
Yep there's a reason, didn't know much about them as didn't work on that section, will look for you as I've built a new importer for VtM products so I'll have to add that there, leave it with me.

Cheers,
MBM

As always...fantastic! ;) Thank you.

Raddu
August 29th, 2021, 22:58
Apologies if I missed this in the long thread.

The Merits section should be renamed to Advantages as that's what they're called in the book. Under Advantages you have Merits, Flaws, Backgrounds, & Loresheets.
A few flaws that are associated with backgrounds are not included in the flaws section. Is there a reason for this? I've had to copy the merit in the flaws section to get them to showup in the right area.
Examples:
Fame>Infamy and Dark Secret
Allies>Enemies

Missing Flaw: Status>*Notorious

I've seen mention of a Coterie tab on the Party sheet, that would be nice with sections for Domain- Chasse, Lien, & Portillon. As well as Coterie Type and Coterie Backgrounds

superteddy57
August 30th, 2021, 07:00
Thank you for the report. Are these backgrounds located in the core rulebook?

Fear Grounds
August 30th, 2021, 14:09
The flaws are located in the core book. The problem with them, is that they are not listed in a separate section. They are peppered through the various listings.

Advantage Examples:

Looks Merit,
Advantage dots: 2 Beautiful, 4 Stunning
Flaw dots: 1 ugly, 2 repulsive

Influence Background,
Advantage dots: 1 Well Connected, 2 Influential, 3 Entrenched, 4 Powerful, 5 Dominant
Flaw dots: 1 Disliked, 2 Despised

I hope this helps understand where the confusion arises from.

Raddu
August 30th, 2021, 15:17
Yes they're in the core book.

In the physical printed book they're as follows:
Advantages P79 section title, subsections are Merits (Flaws), Backgrounds, (Loresheets)
Allies p184 >Enemies p184 no subheading, just within the Allies text. 3rd Paragraph, "Enemies are the opposite of Allies and are taken as Flaws"
Fame p186 > Infamy subheading p187, Dark Secret subheading p187
Status p194> Flaw: (*) Notorious p194

Thanks @SuperTeddy!

superteddy57
September 6th, 2021, 09:29
I apologize for the delay in looking this over. I am currently finishing up an important high priority project. This may take some time to get resolved, but wanted to fill you in on why you haven't seen an update.

Raddu
September 6th, 2021, 15:51
No worries, thanks for the heads up!

Turbiales
September 13th, 2021, 12:10
First I must apologize because I can't access any FG wiki about this ruleset and probably is a question that has been asked a thousand times.

I can't assing any turn order to the characters in the CT:
- Wen I do a Right click in the menu button and select "Turn order" I can only "reset". But there is nothing to reset.
- I also tried to grab the characters in the CT with no success.

The fact that there is a "Reset" button sugest that i can arrange a turn order, but I cannot see how.

Fear Grounds
September 13th, 2021, 17:25
First I must apologize because I can't access any FG wiki about this ruleset and probably is a question that has been asked a thousand times.

I can't assing any turn order to the characters in the CT:
- Wen I do a Right click in the menu button and select "Turn order" I can only "reset". But there is nothing to reset.
- I also tried to grab the characters in the CT with no success.

The fact that there is a "Reset" button sugest that i can arrange a turn order, but I cannot see how.

Welcome Turbiales

1) Click on the options menu in the upper right corner of the screen(the gears icon). Under Game(GM) you will see the option for Initiative Method. Select "Init Order" and close the options menu. This creates a blank box in each characters entry in the combat tracker.

Open the Combat tracker, and now you will see the box listed under the heading Order. Click inside the box and enter the character's initiative score. The characters will be sorted with highest initiative at the top, in descending order.

2) When you click the left side of the combat tracker, on one of the dots marking each character, you will see a marking arrow appear. This arrow shows who's turn it is currently. Players then click the arrow down button, in left lower corner, to end their turn so the next player can begin their turn.

Every time the marking arrow moves back to the top of the initiative order, the combat tracker increases the round number by one.

When you click the CT Menu, select turn order, and click reset:
The round counter resets to round 1.
The who has initiative marker is removed from side of the combat tracker.

3) You can left click on a Characters token in the CT and drag it onto a map, or you can grab all friendly tokens by clicking and dragging the green face at the bottom of the CT. Neutral characters can be dragged with the yellow face, and enemies with the red one.

If you want to look at a player's character sheet: from the CT click the red dot on the right side of their character entry. Or click the player's portrait floating above the chatbox.

If this does not answer your questions, just let us know. We are a pretty helpful group.

Draino
September 20th, 2021, 13:02
Hello I am using FGU and Vtm version Core RPG ruleset (v2021-07-06) when I load the campaigns none of the attributes have anything labeled. you can see the dots and the plus sign but none of the attribute names.49204

Fear Grounds
September 20th, 2021, 13:20
Hello I am using FGU and Vtm version Core RPG ruleset (v2021-07-06) when I load the campaigns none of the attributes have anything labeled. you can see the dots and the plus sign but none of the attribute names.49204

Draino,

From the screenshot you shared it looks like you have a theme loaded. Themes are a type of extension in Fantasy Grounds. Disable all themes and try loading the VTM ruleset again.

This will likely make everything readable once again.

superteddy57
September 20th, 2021, 19:38
That would be my answer as well as it looks like the FGU light theme. I will inform Josh about this and see if we can get it sorted for that theme.

vegaserik
September 20th, 2021, 20:14

Yep, the theme. If you look closely the attributes are still there, just written in white and thus VERY hard to see.

viresanimi
September 27th, 2021, 06:15
This ruleset just keeps on giving with the strangest bugs!

So. FGU. Latest update.

Combat tracker / encounter issue: If you make an encounter using Abbreviated SPC's (ASPC) and use the button at the bottom of the encounter to add the ASPC's to the combat tracker, all of the ASPC sheets are now empty normal SPC sheets (on the combat tracker that is). I suspect links are broken somewhere.
For clarification, if you just add an ASPC from a list, it works fine. It is specifically when you use an encounter to add ASPC's, they turn into SPC's.

Oh and linking stuff dosn't work half the time, and the need to press a window or the desktop to move / link things is utter garbage for a user. But that is a general FGU thing and really needs some attention. Can we just have the classic user experience back please?

Raddu
September 27th, 2021, 18:45
Good catch, I honestly didn't even notice the ASPCs or the Encounter button before. I had just been adding them and making multiples in the CT if I needed. I could reproduce the bug as you indicated.

viresanimi
September 27th, 2021, 20:52
I do believe that the Encounter button started to work, after I had a private conversation with Superteddy, where I explained that that specific button, would open the Story tab. I think it has been there from day one.

Not even the weirdest thing I reported at that time. Showing him how to make a charactersheet, by dragging at a certain point on an SPC sheet was kind of priceless, cause he was absolutely stunned that that could happen. hee hee!

Keep up the good work folks.

superteddy57
September 28th, 2021, 04:13
This ruleset just keeps on giving with the strangest bugs!

So. FGU. Latest update.

Combat tracker / encounter issue: If you make an encounter using Abbreviated SPC's (ASPC) and use the button at the bottom of the encounter to add the ASPC's to the combat tracker, all of the ASPC sheets are now empty normal SPC sheets (on the combat tracker that is). I suspect links are broken somewhere.
For clarification, if you just add an ASPC from a list, it works fine. It is specifically when you use an encounter to add ASPC's, they turn into SPC's.

Oh and linking stuff dosn't work half the time, and the need to press a window or the desktop to move / link things is utter garbage for a user. But that is a general FGU thing and really needs some attention. Can we just have the classic user experience back please?

A fix will be incoming with the weekly update.

viresanimi
September 30th, 2021, 05:18
SP (spend willpower) button on Abbreviated SPC's doesn't work.

superteddy57
September 30th, 2021, 06:04
SP (spend willpower) button on Abbreviated SPC's doesn't work.

Could you provide some more information? Your report was a bit shallow in the details to know exactly what doesn't work. I did some broad testing it with the ASPC in the combat tracker and it works from the combat tracker link. The issue is if you attempt to it outside of being copied to the combat tracker, it will throw an error. I don't believe it was intended to be rolled outside of the combat tracker.

viresanimi
September 30th, 2021, 07:38
Ok sorry.

If you make a roll on a Abbreviated SPC, and want to spend willpower, you're then supposed to be able to press the SP button and reroll up to 3 dice. That button doesn't do anything. The chatbox just says that "No saved dice for a Willpower Re-Roll".

I really don't know what to say beyond that.

EDIT: Did some more digging. The SP buttons does work, but only on ASPC's added to the combat tracker. Since this a storytelling game and not "Yet-Another-Dungeon-Dice-Rollplaying Game" I doubt many storytellers run all of their npcs out of the combat tracker.

viresanimi
October 1st, 2021, 17:43
I can't seem to export images in modules. When I do so and load the module up in another campaign, the images are blank.

I really don't know what else to say here. Just. Trying to create a module, with some maps in it. Not much else really. No extensions loaded. I made sure that I had selected images before hitting the export button.

Did anything change recently I don't know off?

superteddy57
October 1st, 2021, 17:45
No changes were made to export in the ruleset code. The only images not able to be exported would be Those from other modules. Can you attempt to load up another ruleset and test with the same images?

viresanimi
October 1st, 2021, 17:59
Just tried in Core (FGU of course). Copied images over. They are in a subfolder under images in the campaign. Imported them into the campaign from the Assets menu. Exported to a module with "images" selected. When I then open the module, the images are empty.

pralix1138
October 1st, 2021, 19:02
Just tried to create a module to test this error. I was able to export the module with images intact. Not sure what's happening with yours.

viresanimi
October 1st, 2021, 19:59
Well. I do have the list of the images, as you show. But the images in the module are empty.

vegaserik
October 3rd, 2021, 01:12
Just tried in Core (FGU of course). Copied images over. They are in a subfolder under images in the campaign. Imported them into the campaign from the Assets menu. Exported to a module with "images" selected. When I then open the module, the images are empty.

That happened to me in a different ruleset. I opened a module using the universal module extension, copied everything over to convert it (from Pathfinder 1 to Pathfinder 2 in this case). Everything went fine but when I tried to open the images (they all were listed) but everyone was blank. that's the only time I tried this and I figured it had something to do with the Universal ext. but maybe not.

Fear Grounds
October 3rd, 2021, 22:32
If memory serves me correctly;

You can copy anything from a module that is text based.

Pictures cannot be copied inside of Fantasy Grounds from one module into another. The names and links for images will still show, but there is no actual image for them to link to.

Pictures are only exported into a new module when those pictures have been added into the creation campaign's image directory. All images should be in the JPG(pictures/maps) or PNG(tokens) file formats.

viresanimi
October 4th, 2021, 16:48
Campaign image folder. Check. JPG. Check. PNG. Check. Still doesn't work. Therein lies the problem! And I've tried in Corerpg as well. Same issue.

I've made modules in FG since 2010 and I've never had this issue. So unless I am misssing something that is different between FGC and FGU, there is a problem with FGU.

Fear Grounds
October 4th, 2021, 17:17

Just created a new campaign. Added a bunch of pictures to the campaign. Exported images into a module(pictured above).

This was done in live channel of FGU (4.1.9), I have not tested in dev or test channels.

Edited for afterthought: After adding the images to the appropriate image directory, I still had to import the images into the campaign in order to show.

viresanimi
October 4th, 2021, 18:09
Yep. That's what I've done too. Doesn't work. I have the list of the images and all that. The images are blank. Soooo... yeah.

Fear Grounds
October 4th, 2021, 23:16
It's certainly not ideal, but have you tried opening the mod file and adding the images directly into the images folder? If the links are set, then adding the images into the mod file should fix that module.

This does not however address the overall problem you are having. It sounds like you may need to delete and re-install Unity. Especially since you said that you have the same problem in multiple rulesets.

viresanimi
October 5th, 2021, 17:58
I've figured it out!

So what I've been doing is this: I often had 2 instances of FG open. One with the campaign and one with the module. When I made edits to the module and wanted to see how it looked in the reference manual (I use Author), I just unloaded / reloaded the module in the campaign. That works fine with text. It does NOT work with images. But, if you restart a campaign (/reload works), then the image links work.

Pretty damn sure that wasn't an issue in FGC. So this is another case of "doing what you've always done for years, and things work ever so slightly different in FGU".

Vincent
November 8th, 2021, 17:42
The experience point part of the character sheet does not go above 100. I was on FGC, where I had the issue. I am on FGU and am still having the issue.

superteddy57
November 8th, 2021, 18:00
The experience point part of the character sheet does not go above 100. I was on FGC, where I had the issue. I am on FGU and am still having the issue.

Appreciate the feedback. Was able to find the issue. Will be pushing an update to TEST with the weekly update. All rulesets are currently on lockdown and won't be pushed LIVE till the CoreRPG update is pushed LIVE.

Vincent
November 8th, 2021, 20:34
Appreciate the feedback. Was able to find the issue. Will be pushing an update to TEST with the weekly update. All rulesets are currently on lockdown and won't be pushed LIVE till the CoreRPG update is pushed LIVE.

Thanks, for looking into it.

Vincent
November 13th, 2021, 02:57
Using the unity system. When you hit the + sign and then click a dice it does not roll the skill like it is supposed to. You have to drag the dice to the chat window.

superteddy57
November 13th, 2021, 16:32
Recently there has been change to the behavior of buttons and clicking in the CoreRPG code. I will be changing it to a single click experience. Since the ruleset is currently on lockdown due to CoreRPG changes, it may be some time till these fixes are on LIVE.

Grutmiesh
November 30th, 2021, 10:08
FCU

Vampire the Masquerade 5th Edition ruleset v2021-09-28

I know that you have to add "Skills' then Attributes" but I am not able to select the "+" by the skill I want to add to the dice pool.
Am I doing something wrong or is this a bug?

Grutmiesh
November 30th, 2021, 10:17
fcu

vampire the masquerade 5th edition ruleset v2021-09-28

i know that you have to add "skills' then attributes" but i am not able to select the "+" by the skill i want to add to the dice pool.
Am i doing something wrong or is this a bug?

disregard i saw the post about copying the master into an editable

Valyar
December 28th, 2021, 21:16
Reporting graphical glitch on the left/right arrows in asset window

backwardoracle
January 27th, 2022, 22:31
Hi,

Setting up a coterie of characters, and found a few bits confusing,

The Enemy Flaw from the bagger Predator type appears to be missing,
Dark Secret Flaw Diaberlist from Blood leech, apears to be missing.
Is the merit Anarch Comrades extacly the same as Camarillia contacts?
Discipline Affinity, appears to be have the wrong text
Branded by the Camarillia & Clan curse appear to be wrong.
Siren predator Enemy flaw misspelt & Flaw missing
Under merits there is listed, Looks 2pt beautiful (from siren predator) & Beautiful as a seperate merit I find this double entry quite confusing
No symbol for protean

Some of these may have come up before, I apolgise for any repeat of errors/questions previously covered.

superteddy57
January 28th, 2022, 01:37
Hi,

Setting up a coterie of characters, and found a few bits confusing,

The Enemy Flaw from the bagger Predator type appears to be missing,
Dark Secret Flaw Diaberlist from Blood leech, apears to be missing.
Is the merit Anarch Comrades extacly the same as Camarillia contacts?
Discipline Affinity, appears to be have the wrong text
Branded by the Camarillia & Clan curse appear to be wrong.
Siren predator Enemy flaw misspelt & Flaw missing
Under merits there is listed, Looks 2pt beautiful (from siren predator) & Beautiful as a seperate merit I find this double entry quite confusing
No symbol for protean

Some of these may have come up before, I apolgise for any repeat of errors/questions previously covered.

Reporting graphical glitch on the left/right arrows in asset window

Thanks for the reports. I will investigate and add it to my list. May be some time till I am able to complete these tasks.

Myandreth
March 3rd, 2022, 20:27
I was working on a sourcebook module.

Module created with the FG builder function.

Export.

Load it in my current campaign.

All SPC's discipline doesn't load their tokens and I get this error message everytime I go in the Traits tab.

Was working fine this morning before I updated.

Moon Wizard
March 3rd, 2022, 23:16
Just pushed a new update on the VTM5TH ruleset. Can you run a new Check for Updates, and try again?

If still an issue, can you provide your module via PM along with the steps to see the issue?

Thanks,
JPG

Myandreth
March 4th, 2022, 01:39
The problem is still there.

I'll send you a DM.

Just pushed a new update on the VTM5TH ruleset. Can you run a new Check for Updates, and try again?

If still an issue, can you provide your module via PM along with the steps to see the issue?

Thanks,
JPG

Myandreth
March 4th, 2022, 01:53
I tried to provide you with my module but I can only upload in a thread and the module is from copywritted material.

I can't upload it in a forum thread legaly.

Myandreth
March 4th, 2022, 02:01
Open the module I provided.

Open the SPC tab.

Select the group TESTSPCTOKEN

Open the SPC.

Open the Traits tab.

Boom.

To recreate the problem from scratch.

Create a Module with a freshly created SPC. Add some Discipline. Any of them and export it.

Load it on a different Campaign and you'll be able to repeat it.

superteddy57
March 6th, 2022, 03:16
Open the module I provided.

Open the SPC tab.

Select the group TESTSPCTOKEN

Open the SPC.

Open the Traits tab.

Boom.

To recreate the problem from scratch.

Create a Module with a freshly created SPC. Add some Discipline. Any of them and export it.

Load it on a different Campaign and you'll be able to repeat it.

Thank you for the report. I'm sorry for the late reply. I have added it to my list to investigate as I can verify the issue. This might require a redesign and some time to think on how to approach to fix this issue.

Myandreth
March 21st, 2022, 18:35
Thank you for the report. I'm sorry for the late reply. I have added it to my list to investigate as I can verify the issue. This might require a redesign and some time to think on how to approach to fix this issue.

I just noticed. The bug for the Tokens is resolved. I don't know if it's by design or by accident. But I thought I should let you know.

Thank you.

superteddy57
March 21st, 2022, 18:56
Yes, the fix was introduced with the recent update pushes by Moon. If they are not part of the update posts, then apologies and thank you for posting that it is working again.

Ocelot989
April 25th, 2022, 20:42
In the camarilla book i found a mistake in the section "how to use this book" where the first 3 paragraphs are repeated twice.

MadBeardMan
April 25th, 2022, 21:54
In the camarilla book i found a mistake in the section "how to use this book" where the first 3 paragraphs are repeated twice.

Hi Ocelot989,

Thanks for the report. I've just asked if they're ok for me to sort this, as I know the developer of it, is currently on other projects.

Cheers,
MBM

Ocelot989
April 26th, 2022, 07:27
i also found that the core rulebook in reference manual in the section of disciplines does not have dominate listed so is impossible to access the discipline and read it!

superteddy57
April 26th, 2022, 16:23
i also found that the core rulebook in reference manual in the section of disciplines does not have dominate listed so is impossible to access the discipline and read it!

Thank you for the report. I'll look into this and see why it is missing from the reference manual.

MadBeardMan
April 26th, 2022, 17:06

Hi Ocelot989

Just to let you know, I've fixed the duplicated text and sent those changes to SmiteWorks, they should get into next weeks release cycle.

Thanks,
MBM

superteddy57
April 26th, 2022, 20:26
I pushed an update to the weekly update for the missing discipline from the reference manual.

Vincent
May 1st, 2022, 00:11
I cannot add abbreviated NPCs of any kind to the combat tracker.
I am using FGU. The version being used is the last one published for regular use.

superteddy57
May 1st, 2022, 00:38
I cannot add abbreviated NPCs of any kind to the combat tracker.
I am using FGU. The version being used is the last one published for regular use.

Thank you for the report. Pushed a hotfix to resolve this issue. Please attempt to update to resolve this issue.

Vincent
May 1st, 2022, 00:43
Wov. Thanks. It works fine now.

superteddy57
May 1st, 2022, 00:44
NP. Happy Gaming!

ReXalted
June 30th, 2022, 22:08

Graphical glitch, text over Attributes, Health and Willpower not displaying, see attachment

pralix1138
June 30th, 2022, 22:20

Graphical glitch, text over Attributes, Health and Willpower not displaying, see attachment

Problem seems to be with the Dark theme. Try disabling it and see if that helps.

pralix1138
June 30th, 2022, 22:21
Accidental double-post

ReXalted
June 30th, 2022, 22:21
Fixed the problem! wow I feel dumb. Had no idea and didnt see anything like it posted. TY!

pralix1138
June 30th, 2022, 22:23
Fixed the problem! wow I feel dumb. Had no idea and didnt see anything like it posted. TY!

Good deal!

Freedom_Cobra
July 2nd, 2022, 03:56
Hey, I'm just now reading the core rule book for the first time and I'm finding a lot of mistakes. Namely numerous sections of the book seem to repeat themselves.

Then there are times when I think the repeats have written over other sections based on the following tool tips or they just seem to have nothing to do with the previous sections.

Here the block mechanic seems to have been overwritten by the maneuvers mechanic's entry repeating:

In this case, there's no way, to my knowledge, to actually have the information on the block mechanic as I only know how to "block a block."

Lastly, while this may just be the book being weird occasionally the tip box doesn't seem to relate to the above text at all, making me think it's out of place:

There have been mistakes like this throughout the book, but they seem most glaring in the "Advanced Systems" section of the book. All screen shots have been taken from the reference manual opened from "Vampire the Masquerade" module under "Core Books."

Vincent
August 6th, 2022, 00:15
I have been having a problem when accessing "items" in the interface. I am using FGU in the latest version. I get this error message when trying to access, although I can still access the items:
[8/5/2022 7:11:49 PM] [ERROR] Script execution error: [string "campaign/scripts/item_main.lua"]:70: attempt to index global 'sub_subitems' (a nil value)

Naurthoron
August 6th, 2022, 13:44
I have this error with latest live version at startup:

[8/6/2022 2:39:57 PM] [ERROR] Script execution error: [string "scripts/data_desktop_TOM.lua"]:4: attempt to call field 'registerStackShortcut2' (a nil value)

I experience also the same error as Vincent with Items.

superteddy57
August 6th, 2022, 16:22
The TOM error looks like an error with the Theater of the Mind extension. Disabling it till a stable build is uploaded will fix that issue. I will check out the items issue you both reported.

Naurthoron
August 6th, 2022, 23:51
Thank you indeed it was the Theatre of the mind extension for this error.

robomagon
September 9th, 2022, 11:07
Doh! I made a thread for this instead of posting it here. Sorry about that.

I can't seem to add more than 7 Blood Potency to an SPC, or 8 to a PC.

Also, clicking any item tosses this error.
"[ERROR] Script execution error: [string "campaign/scripts/item_main.lua"]:70: attempt to index global 'sub_subitems' (a nil value)"

Moon Wizard
September 9th, 2022, 16:13
Thanks for reporting. I've pushed a hot fix for both issues. Please run a Check for Updates from the FG launch screen, and try again.

Regards,
JPG

robomagon
September 9th, 2022, 16:28
All those issues seem to be fixed now. Much appreciated.

Vincent
September 9th, 2022, 22:37
The blood potency table needs to be updated with the errata from "The Masquerade Companion".

superteddy57
September 12th, 2022, 19:38
The blood potency table needs to be updated with the errata from "The Masquerade Companion".

Is it just the table that is incorrect?

Vincent
September 12th, 2022, 20:03

Yes, there are errors on the table currently being used, in that the errata changed two of the columns.

superteddy57
September 12th, 2022, 20:23
Ok, thanks. That helps.

Vincent
September 13th, 2022, 14:34
Good morning,

I apologize if this is the wrong place to post this, but I have an issue. I would like to leave work to put some time in on my Vampire fantasy ground campaign, but I am kinda stuck here.

P.S. That's my way of saying thanks for addressing all the items so quickly. If you can do that, then maybe you can fix my little problem... :)

superteddy57
September 13th, 2022, 14:53
Sorry, all out of sick notes

Raific
October 8th, 2022, 13:53
I just got the main book, but I have been using FG and FGU for many years. I create a new campaign with the Dark Theme and there were a lot of missing text. Like all of the skill names. I changed to light, and they are there. is this a bug that will be fixed? I like the Dark better. I mean.. it IS Vampires!

ddavison
October 8th, 2022, 14:52
Can you upload a pic of what you are seeing?

Have you also tried it with the default theme (no theme eyed)?

Naurthoron
October 8th, 2022, 20:24
The issue lies likely with the Theme not the ruleset as this occurs only when applying the theme.
Font/Color should probably be checked and changed.

superteddy57
October 8th, 2022, 20:53
Yes, that is the font being changed to what would it expect to be a darker background on the character sheet. I'll pass this along to the theme curator.

Raific
October 9th, 2022, 02:45
Double Post

Raific
October 9th, 2022, 02:48
Yup was seeing on the dark theme. Tnx @Naurthoron
Default Theme works fine also.

Moon Wizard
February 28th, 2023, 00:55
Just pushed hot fix update to fix editing of health/willpower boxes on PC/NPC sheets with the new update.

Regards,
JPG

Freedom_Cobra
February 28th, 2023, 19:40
Well, it fixed the Health and Willpower Trackers, but seems to have broken humanity. Even in the edit menu, a character's humanity is entirely invisible. It still functions correctly for Frenzy checks, but as is Humanity is essentially locked and unusable. 56499

This is basically a portion of the game that's unplayable in FG at the moment, as it has to be tracked somewhere else than the program. This also seems to affect SPC sheets, though it's rare that a ST actively tracks their humanity like players do.

superteddy57
February 28th, 2023, 19:41
Thanks for the report, we will add it to our list to investigate. We recently updated the way those controls operate and looks like there are some growing pains.

Moon Wizard
February 28th, 2023, 20:11
Just pushed another hot fix for the humanity/stain and blood potency bars.

Regards,
JPG

FullTimePatriot
June 3rd, 2023, 14:08
Currently the attributes and skills are not displaying properly for VTM5.

FullTimePatriot
June 3rd, 2023, 14:09
Here is the attachement.

superteddy57
June 3rd, 2023, 18:30
The issue I am seeing is the theme that is being used. I can see the text, but it's a lighter color as with the theme you have chosen.

FullTimePatriot
June 3rd, 2023, 19:07
The issue I am seeing is the theme that is being used. I can see the text, but it's a lighter color as with the theme you have chosen.

You are correct. Thank you! I changed it to the "wood" theme and I can now view the words! I was using the "Dark" theme before.