PDA

View Full Version : LFP DND 5E | Fairly New DM | 4-5 players | Homebrew Setting | Sun-Thurs 7 pm EST

Wormy Joe
March 1st, 2020, 17:51
New DM running Homebrew setting (Titled: Chaos Chronorim)
FG License: GM has Full so players need at least Lite version
Game System: DND 5E

Time Zone: Eastern Standard Time, USA
Day of week and time: Mondays starting around 8 pm est
If new game, planned start date: Sometime within the next two weeks as of March 1st 2020.
Planned Duration & Frequency: 2-4 hours & Weekly preferably, but once every two weeks may occur at times.
Term: Medium to Long term. I will be writing the scenarios as players impact the setting/story, but I have a general progression already in mind.

Text or Voice: Voice Only
Voice software used: Discord
Will this be recorded and/or live streamed? No

Roleplay & Combat mix: Attempted 50/50 roleplay and combat but will likely be based on player preference
Number of Players in game & needed: Want 4-5 players. The limit may have been met recently but feel free to pm me about this in case a slot opens up.
Character starting level & equipment: 2nd level with starting equipment from PHB except for gold (gold will be rolled and based on your character background), starting ability scores will be based on point buy system with 27 points. Leveling up will be based on milestone progression and will NOT be XP based.
Character restrictions: Mostly open. Homebrew classes/races/abilities can be discussed before/during session 0.
*The supplements I own are: Standard PHB, Xanathar’s, Volo’s, Mordenkainen's, Eberron, Elemental Evil Companion Guide

Details of your scenario: A large festival celebrating the wonders of magic is being held in the grand city of Volonare. This week long festival is held once every 10 years and attracts all kinds of people from across the world. Those who are attuned to magic or have the ability to cast spells come to enjoy the festival for various reasons, whether it is for the bragging rights/showing off, a good way to make money from entertaining shows or selling magical items, gaining knowledge from other spell casters, or other personal reasons. Even those who are not manipulators of magic come to experience its wonders. From commoners to nobles, everyone can find a reason to be there. A contest is usually held for the most experienced of spell casters to display their skills to a large crowd of spectators, in which a grand prize is usually given to the one who generates the most approval from the judges.

As a player, you will begin with this festival in mind, although where you originate and why you are there are up to you. Giving me enough details to flesh out your character is nice, but details left blank or not brought up upon creation will be left to me in order to fill out. If this occurs, I would request that you attempt to improvise and adapt to the established decision I may make as best you can unless you can correct me at the time of which it comes up. Ideally, I would square away details or clarifications that may come up in between sessions with you, but during a session may be somewhat harder to do that. Basically, no need for a several page autobiography, but enough to show that you have put enough thought into the character’s creation. Since there is not really an established overall setting here, feel free to make up your own locations to fit your backstory (within reason).

The lore/setting is not particularly based on any of the locations or settings outlined in official D&D campaigns, however parts may be taken and used in order to flavor the setting more. Any ties between events from them could be purely coincidental.

**I would appreciate those who wish to play have a character(s) in mind either based on the resources available in the list above regarding the supplements I own, or a link or list to the features regarding a homebrew class/race so I may add it to the campaign module. As I am very new to DMing, I am likely to get rules wrong or confused with other editions/games, so I would appreciate it that if you are a dm yourself, that you bear with me and help a fellow dm out. I’m hoping to provide a nice story with challenging combat but sticking directly to all rules all the time is not something I see as fun, so don’t expect a strict campaign. The final say on rulings will be up to me, but players may express opinions or corrections on a ruling as they occur.

**Character deaths can occur, so if you get upset a lot at bad rolls then please do not join. Please respect other player’s decisions/characters/person, keep in mind that there are other people playing, and limit the discussion of dividing topics, such as political beliefs (there’s enough of that on the internet already). Limited min/maxing and meta-gaming is requested, and try not to devolve into murder-hobos if unjustified.

Feel free to ask anymore questions!

Therkan
March 2nd, 2020, 02:05
Hey there, i'd be interested in joining up if you'll have me. I'm pretty experienced D&D player/DM and been looking for a game for a while, I've got tons of ideas for characters so accommodating the group or dealing with character deaths is not an issue.
Also if you have any questions to help with DM'ing all you have to do is ask.
The only problem I have is that my Sundays aren't open but if the game is on Thursday then i'm good.
Hope to talk to you soon
See ya

KingIpsen
March 2nd, 2020, 04:22
Hi there! I've been DMing a couple campaigns on FG for a few years now, and I really want to try my hand at being a player. I tend to use point-buy and milestone exp myself.

I can roll any class so as to balance the party, but I've got a couple ideas for characters that I think would fit in well with the setting. The scenario is certainly intriguing!

Abraces
March 2nd, 2020, 05:03
Hey brotha this **** sounds like its a perfect fit for me 50/50 RP/combat again perfect im a chill guy very new to FG but not 5e umm I go with the flow and just looking to find a group that also thinks the same way umm im definitely good for the Thursday weekly game session although im also available for certain Sundays that im not working definitely hit me back whenever you see my post id definitely like to talk with ya. thanks for your time and I hope to hear from you soon

PhorgottenSon
March 3rd, 2020, 20:30
Everyone seems to be commenting as if Sunday and Thursday are the only day choices, but your first post said Sun-Thurs which I interpret as Sunday through Thursday. You will get more replies and potential players if you can decide to nail down a day of the week yourself that works well for you.

Seems like a very interesting campaign that I would have some interest in depending on the day of the week.

Wish you the best in getting this filled and having fun gaming.

Take care.

Zionmatrix
March 4th, 2020, 22:01
Myself and a couple of others are looking for a game.

Kelain
March 5th, 2020, 02:19
I would be interested in playing, either as an arcane archer, bladelock or wizard. And as one of the core races