PDA

View Full Version : Token quality vs Image quality

Egheal
March 1st, 2020, 09:27
Hi, i have a problem playing CoCv7. When i put a player token on a map the quality of it is very low res. The portrait is fine though and the token put on the desk is fine too.
On the image you can see a mustache guy in "hi resolution" (NPC) and, below, the PC in "low resolution". You can also see the token put on the desk and the portrait + token on the PC sheet.
thanks for your help.

Moon Wizard
March 1st, 2020, 09:49
Some questions for you:

* Are you running CallOfCthulhu (6E) or CoC7E (7E) ruleset?
* Is this a token automatically built from a portrait, or a separately defined token? (Assuming portrait token from your statements, but want to be sure.)
* Are you running in the current version of FG, or running the playtest version of FGU?

Thanks,
JPG

Egheal
March 1st, 2020, 13:20
Thanks for your respons. Yes i use the 7e ruleset. it does the same thing in FGU but i currently use FGC. And yes it is a token built from the portrait. I don't know how to insert a token in the token space of the character sheet otherwise.

i also tried with a new v7 campaign, no extension used. Same problem.

damned
March 1st, 2020, 14:04
That is not using any of the default themes for 7E that I can tell?
What is the size of your grid in pixels?
Have you tried releasing the token scale and then removing all tokens and adding them back on?

Egheal
March 1st, 2020, 14:21
Thanks Damned, i use a theme i created myself, but there was the problem without it. In fact i just managed to resolve the mystery : I tried to put a Darkwoulfes token on the image of the combat tracker's token : it worked. Then, after replacing all the pc tokens in the combat tracker it work perfectly. Case solved !:cool:

damned
March 1st, 2020, 14:27
solid looking bunch of blokes.
hope they all survive...

Egheal
March 1st, 2020, 14:33
Starting the Peru prologue of the Masks of Nyarlathotep... So far so good :rolleyes:

Trenloe
March 1st, 2020, 17:10
Thanks Damned, i use a theme i created myself, but there was the problem without it. In fact i just managed to resolve the mystery : I tried to put a Darkwoulfes token on the image of the combat tracker's token : it worked. Then, after replacing all the pc tokens in the combat tracker it work perfectly. Case solved !:cool:
Yeah, the token on the PC sheet is first created based off the portrait - but it it created with a (relatively) low resolution. Which can look less than optimal if the grid size is 100 pixels or more.

You can replace this on the PC sheet by dragging a token to the token field - then remove and add the PC to the combat tracker. Or, after the PC is added to the combat tracker, drag a token to the token field on the combat tracker.

Egheal
March 1st, 2020, 19:59
Thanks for this great explanation Trenloe !