PDA

View Full Version : Brand new to D&D

lucious Lock
March 1st, 2020, 08:28
never played before but have always had an interest, anyone willing to teach or just have a new player tag along on an adventure?

tahl_liadon
March 1st, 2020, 14:43
hi. welcome to forum

tell me a bit more about yourself:
- timezone and what time of day you would be able to play
- level of interest: like from casual, checking it out see if it stirs you; to really interested, new long-term hobby
- experience with any rpg gaming
- experience with a) table top and / or b) virtual table top (vtt)
- although "never played," experience with any material (e.g. dnd, pathfinder, etc)

whatever your answers, i am ramping up to gm a new campaign, starting with level 1, game that you're welcome to sit-in an watch, or even participate if you feel ready.

you can check schedule and other details here: new campaign (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?53929-lfp(s)-pf1-adventure-path-return-of-the-runelords-(planned-early-march-start))

lucious Lock
March 1st, 2020, 17:26
Hi tahl

I'm PST timezone and sat or sun would be best for me although weekday nights could also work, after around 7pst

I think I'd be a more casual player although if it is something I really get into, committing to long term could very well be an option

For rpg gaming I've done games like final fantasy, dragon quest, to games like outward,fate,diablo, a little bit of everything tbh

As for tabletop games haven't tried, I was checking out how the vtt here works just to get familiar with it

And as for experience I watched the dnd episode on the show community but on a more serious note I've watched streams and also kind of read bits of info here and there over the years although just like minimal

tahl_liadon
March 1st, 2020, 18:38
@lucious... thx for feedback. well, if it looks interesting to you and time works for you, you're welcome to join my upcoming new campaign as a casual observer or new player.

pathfinder golarion setting is like a parallel universe to our world with a prominent fantasy overlay; golarion has its own flavor of course, but inspirations for cultural diversity and geopolitical conflicts are drawn pretty much from our world, so it's kinda easy to learn and get a good bearing quickly.

game mechanics can be intimidating due to so many interpretations, but it's solid. pc options are a-plenty with countless variations, but you can use simple pathfinder iconic characters (https://www.pathfindercommunity.net/iconic-characters) to play in any game.

if you want to get your feet wet, pm me and we'll go from there. also it's your opportunity to ask me any question too.