PDA

View Full Version : LFG - New player looking to learn Pathfinder

Enris
February 29th, 2020, 19:25
Hello all, i am looking for a group to learn pathfinder, ive played 5e for a little while so i have a basic understanding of ttrpgs.

tahl_liadon
March 1st, 2020, 14:50
hi. welcome to forum

tell me a bit more about yourself:
- timezone and what time of day you would be able to play
- level of interest: like from casual, checking it out see if it stirs you; to really interested, new long-term hobby
- "played 5e for a little while" -- did / do you like it? are you looking for a different ruleset and / or campaign setting?
- "basic understanding of ttrpgs" -- what have you tried and how often?
- experience with pathfinder (golarion setting): 0 (know nothing) - 5 (played for years and years)

whatever your answers, i am ramping up to gm a new campaign, starting with level 1, game that you're welcome to sit-in an watch, or even participate if you feel ready.

you can check schedule and other details here: new campaign (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?53929-lfp(s)-pf1-adventure-path-return-of-the-runelords-(planned-early-march-start))

Enris
March 1st, 2020, 15:38
hi. welcome to forum

tell me a bit more about yourself:
- timezone and what time of day you would be able to play
- level of interest: like from casual, checking it out see if it stirs you; to really interested, new long-term hobby
- "played 5e for a little while" -- did / do you like it? are you looking for a different ruleset and / or campaign setting?
- experience with pathfinder (golarion setting): 0 (know nothing) - 5 (played for years and years)

whatever your answers, i am ramping up to gm a new campaign, starting with level 1, game that you're welcome to sit-in an watch, or even participate if you feel ready
you can check schedule and other details here: new campaign (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?53929-lfp(s)-pf1-adventure-path-return-of-the-runelords-(planned-early-march-start))

- timezone and what time of day you would be able to play:
i am in central usa or -6:00 and can play any time after 1700

i am very curious on how pathfinder works, comparatively to 5e. id say very interested

i loved 5e, but ive been told pathfinder is just as good and wanted to give it a try, and yes different rulesets can be intriguing as well

i have played around 20 one-shots, and dm-ed 1(somehow), all in 5e i try to play at least once a month.

(0) i have absolute zero experience with pathfinder in general.

tahl_liadon
March 1st, 2020, 16:07
@enris -- cool thx for feedback. sounds like you could fit well; if the deets in my post works for you, do join and we'll set you up. thx