PDA

View Full Version : 5e Elven Accuracy

Stv
February 29th, 2020, 18:47
Here's a small extension that automates the die reroll if a character has the 'Elven Accuracy' feat in 5e
It's been tested in my home campaign and doesn't seem to conflict with any of the other extensions my DM uses, so hopefully you won't have any issues either.
As ever, if you find any issues/conflicts then let me know.

Cheers, Steve.

*Edit* Added fixed version of the extension to fix a bug found by Klandare

*Edit* Added version 1.2 for compatibility with the 5e Combat Enhancer

*Edit* Added version 1.3 for compatibility with combat stats and elven accuracy extensions and also a bugfix.

*Edit* Latest version 1.3.1 , which provides compatibility with Kent McCullough's Pack Tactics Extension. Revision kindly provided by Kent.

*Edit* Version 1.4 posted, removing superfluous code and providing better compatibility. Thanks to TheoGeek for his help.

*Edit* Version 1.5 posted, a small update to fix a bug with how the dice were handled in Unity

Forge link here E (https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/458/view)lven Accuracy (https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/458/view)

Zacchaeus
February 29th, 2020, 19:12
What ruleset is this for?

Stv
February 29th, 2020, 19:17
Apologies, it's for 5e. I've updated the pst to show this.

Cheers, Steve.

Zacchaeus
February 29th, 2020, 20:24
Apologies, it's for 5e. I've updated the pst to show this.

Cheers, Steve.

Thanks - just so I know where to Sticky it :)

spoofer
February 29th, 2020, 22:55
Sweet! Thanks for making this.

Klandare
March 1st, 2020, 18:35
I put this extension in but how do you make it so it will be actually used? I turned on the extension for the campaign and have an Elf characters that I went and gave the Elven Accuracy Feat to and even put an effect on the character worded Elven Accuracy but can't get it to roll 3 dice.

Zacchaeus
March 1st, 2020, 18:40
I put this extension in but how do you make it so it will be actually used? I turned on the extension for the campaign and have an Elf characters that I went and gave the Elven Accuracy Feat to and even put an effect on the character worded Elven Accuracy but can't get it to roll 3 dice.

Did you put the character on the CT?

Klandare
March 1st, 2020, 18:49
Did you put the character on the CT?

The character was already on the Combat Tracker. Do I need to remove them and add them back on?

Stv
March 1st, 2020, 18:54
Hi Klandare,
Are you running any other extensions alongside this one? It could be that there is an incompatability there.

Cheers, Steve.

Klandare
March 1st, 2020, 19:18
Hi Klandare,
Are you running any other extensions alongside this one? It could be that there is an incompatability there.

Cheers, Steve.

That was it...now to figure out what it conflicts with (btw...didn't even need to put any effect on the character for it to work).

Stv
March 1st, 2020, 19:24
That was it...now to figure out what it conflicts with (btw...didn't even need to put any effect on the character for it to work).

Nice one, let me know if you find out which extension my causes problems with.

Cheers, Steve.

Klandare
March 1st, 2020, 19:34

Found it. The conflict happens with the 5E Enhancer v0.7.0 extension.

Stv
March 1st, 2020, 19:39
Thanks for that, I'll take alook and see if I can do anything about it :)

Stv
March 1st, 2020, 20:17
It appears both my extenson and the 5e enhancer both change the same function (modattack), so I don't think there's much can be done to make them play nicely together :(

Cheers, Steve.

Klandare
March 8th, 2020, 19:32
It appears both my extenson and the 5e enhancer both change the same function (modattack), so I don't think there's much can be done to make them play nicely together :(

Cheers, Steve.

After the latest update, I have also run into an issue with your extension if I have the Crit/fumble module turned on from Rob2e.

Get this when hitting a crit or fumble

Script Error: [string "scripts/Elvenaccuracy.lua"]:96: attempt to call global 'notifyApplyHRFC' (a nil value)

I can't say if that was happening before or not as I wasn't running the extension (yours) prior to the client update for long and might never have hit a crit or fumble while I was testing.

Stv
March 8th, 2020, 20:20
Nice catch Klandare,
That was something I missed in my testing. I've uploaded a fixed version on the 1st post of this thread.

Cheers, Steve.

Klandare
March 8th, 2020, 22:09
Nice catch Klandare,
That was something I missed in my testing. I've uploaded a fixed version on the 1st post of this thread.

Cheers, Steve.

Nice work, i tested it out and all seems good for me.

Stv
March 8th, 2020, 22:17
Glad it's working for you :)

Stv
March 14th, 2020, 14:27
After talking with Styrmir, he has graciously allowed to me to steal some of his code from the 5e Combat Enhancer.
This has (I think) allowed me to make the elven accuracy extension work alongside the combat enhancer.
The new version has been uploaded to post #1 of this thread.

As ever, any issues, please let me know.

And many thanks to Styrmir.

Cheers, Steve.

StoryWeaver
March 14th, 2020, 15:41
You're welcome. :)

Cabrones
March 14th, 2020, 16:17
thanks for the extension, how can i download it? i can't see any attached files ..

LordEntrails
March 14th, 2020, 17:31
thanks for the extension, how can i download it? i can't see any attached files ..
Its in the first post of this thread. If you can not see it there, then you need to either; 1) change to the full site and not the mobile site, 2) Use the FGResponsive theme, found in the bottom left corner of the page.

Cabrones
March 14th, 2020, 17:45
Use the FGResponsive theme, found in the bottom left corner of the page.
Oh thanks, didn't know about that.

I also want to add, the extension also rolls 3 dice for the saving throws when you have advantage on them.

Stv
April 1st, 2020, 22:47
Thank for pointing that out Cabrones, guess I missed that somehow :O
I'll see what I can do to fix that.

Cheers, Steve.

Stv
April 2nd, 2020, 12:27
Updated version added to post #1 in light of the bug Cabrones highlighted.

Cheers, Steve.

Cabrones
April 3rd, 2020, 00:31
Updated version added to post #1 in light of the bug Cabrones highlighted.

Cheers, Steve.

Thank you again! I just tested it on all ability checks, skill checks and saving throws and it works properly now on attacks only.

vaughnlannister
April 4th, 2020, 16:47
Found it. The conflict happens with the 5E Enhancer v0.7.0 extension.

Recently a new version for combat enhancer came out. I'm using it right now, will let know if I have any issues using both extensions together!
https://github.com/StyrmirThorarins/FG-5E-Enhancer

vaughnlannister
April 4th, 2020, 19:59
I don't get any conflict error messages with this extension, after log in I can see that the extension has loaded.
However it doesn't seem to work for me.
Do you need Xanathar's guide or PHB for this extension to work? I made my character in DnD beyond and exported it, so that how I was able to get the "elven accuracy feat" in my character.

But when I make attack rolls with advantage I don't see an effect?
My PC is in the CT tracker when I make the rolls.

Stv
April 4th, 2020, 20:16
Hi vaughn,
What other extensions are you running at the same time ?

Cheers, Steve.

vaughnlannister
April 4th, 2020, 21:29
Hi Steve, I turned off all my extensions, and after that it worked!
I also found out that it didn't work due to combat enhancer v.0.8.0, which was recently posted on his github page.

Regards,
Vaughn

Stv
April 4th, 2020, 21:42
Glad it worked,
I'll look into the collision between the two extensions, and see if it can be solved.

Cheers, Steve.

Stv
April 4th, 2020, 23:57
Just had another quick check on my extension.
I'm pretty confident its working ok with the 5e combat enhancer for FGC.
I've not looked at the new combat enhancer fot FGU, which it looks like you are using atm.
I will get round to that eventually, but atm, it's not a huge priority for me as FGU is still not a full release version and my current group is still using FGC.
I will try and and make my extension work alongside the FGU version, as the enhancer is a really nice addition to FG.
Also, I'm no code guru, I just try things for my group and post them incase others may find them useful.

However, I do appreciate the feedback, and I promise I'll try to make it work for you :)

Cheers, Steve.

vaughnlannister
April 5th, 2020, 12:57
Thanks Steve, I still keep loading your extension because I like the ninja emoji in the chat :)
What do you use to code for FG? How did you get started? Pretty sure coding is hard, but I like all the nifty extension that are out there.
What language should I learn, and what program do you use to code in? I recently downloaded Github, or should I use another program for coding?
I have a couple of ideas that I might want to try to code.

Any advice would be great!
Thanks!

Regards,
Vaughn

Stv
April 5th, 2020, 13:06
Thank my DM for the ninja graphic ^^
Personally, I use Notepad++ for any of the coding I do, and you'll need to learn Lua if you want to create extensions for FantasyGrounds.
I'm just muddling through and making things for my home campaign. I post them here incase anyone else finds them useful :)

Cheers, Steve.

vaughnlannister
April 5th, 2020, 16:01
Thanks Steve! Have fun muddling :)
The extension are really appreciated, they can add a lot to the game.

Regards,
Vaughn

Mazzar
May 8th, 2020, 16:52
Hi @Stv, this is a great extension. However, it seems to conflict with some other extension that I am using. I am using 5E Enhancer from @Styrmir and Advantage Display from @kentmcculough. When enabled with 5E Combat Enhancer, the Eleven Accuracy does not trigger. When enabled with the Advantage Display, the Advantage Display does not trigger. Would be great to be able to use all 3.

ScriedRaven
May 8th, 2020, 17:13
Mazzar, the conflict with advantage display can be solved by giving Advantage Display a load order. If you're willing to modify the code yourself you'll want to add the following line to the extension file, just above the name line. Otherwise you can ask Kent to add it to the main one.

<loadorder>99</loadorder>

Mazzar
May 8th, 2020, 17:14
Mazzar, the conflict with advantage display can be solved by giving Advantage Display a load order. If you're willing to modify the code yourself you'll want to add the following line to the extension file, just above the name line. Otherwise you can ask Kent to add it to the main one.

How do you edit an extension?

ScriedRaven
May 8th, 2020, 17:22
1. Change the .ext to .zip.
2. Unzip it and inside of it you should find a few documents, one of which will be called extension.xml.
3. Open extensionl.xml with notepad, and add the line to it: <loadorder>99</loadorder>
4. Rezip the file
5. Change the ending back to .ext and it should work.

Mazzar
May 8th, 2020, 17:40
1. Change the .ext to .zip.
2. Unzip it and inside of it you should find a few documents, one of which will be called extension.xml.
3. Open extensionl.xml with notepad, and add the line to it: <loadorder>99</loadorder>
4. Rezip the file
5. Change the ending back to .ext and it should work.

Thank you.. I was able to edit it but it did not solve the issue.

ScriedRaven
May 8th, 2020, 18:13
To be completely honest I haven't figured out how to rezip one, that's just how I've been told it works. What I normally do is just open the existing version as a zip file then replace the version inside with the updated one. I use winrar to see it, and haven't tried it with the default one that comes with windows. I've used 7zip, but it was hit or miss.

Stv
May 8th, 2020, 18:47
Hi Mazzar,
I'm sure elven accuracy works alongside the 5e enhancer ok (the FGC version).
I've not tested it in FGU, but I'm assuming that's what you're using?
Let me know what version of FG you are using, it'll help out in troubleshooting.

Cheers, Steve.

Mazzar
May 8th, 2020, 21:42
Hi Mazzar,
I'm sure elven accuracy works alongside the 5e enhancer ok (the FGC version).
I've not tested it in FGU, but I'm assuming that's what you're using?
Let me know what version of FG you are using, it'll help out in troubleshooting.

Cheers, Steve.

I am using FGU.. It works great when I disable 5E Enhancer.

Stv
May 8th, 2020, 23:04
I'm pretty sure I can get this to work alongside the 5e enhancer in FGU at some point but until FGU is in release it's not a priority for me.
It *may* happen in the near future, but I can't guarantee it atm.
Thank you for flagging the issue though :)

Cheers, Steve.

Mazzar
May 9th, 2020, 05:03
I'm pretty sure I can get this to work alongside the 5e enhancer in FGU at some point but until FGU is in release it's not a priority for me.
It *may* happen in the near future, but I can't guarantee it atm.
Thank you for flagging the issue though :)

Cheers, Steve.

For now, I can just have my player roll the extra die.

Stv
May 13th, 2020, 18:04
New version uploaded to post #1.

Mazzar, I've not forgotten about your request, please try the new version and see if it helps. If not, I'll take a look into it when I'm able.

Cheers, Steve.

Mazzar
May 13th, 2020, 18:20

Mazzar, I've not forgotten about your request, please try the new version and see if it helps. If not, I'll take a look into it when I'm able.

Cheers, Steve.

This worked! Not only that, but it also seems to have fixed an issue with the Advantage Display extension as well. I am including @styrmir as well. So as of right now, all extensions are working! Nice work @Stv! Thank you.

Stv
May 13th, 2020, 18:33
You can thank Kent for that, I had no input in it at all, other than posting his version of my extension :P

Cheers, Steve.

Mazzar
May 13th, 2020, 18:52
You can thank Kent for that, I had no input in it at all, other than posting his version of my extension :P

Cheers, Steve.

Then a big thank you to @Kent!

Gissur
June 16th, 2020, 23:46
Works flawless in Fantasy grounds Unity. I created a unique Elven Shadar Kai, Wild Soul Barbarian as NPC. he uses a Finesse wielding great elven scimitar (Base damage 3d4) and have elven accuracy. This extension made it work perfectly. Awsome stuff.
Every Attack when using Reckless attacks rolls 3 die. Absurdly overpowered but hey, its possible.
(And yes I allowed this NPC to be able to use reckless with finesse weapons and recieve rage damage bonus, before the game rule alert people come running in to save the day:)

PS This is a play test NPC since personaly I dont see why Barbarians must use Strenght, why cant agile Elves or any other race for that matter be barbarians and get to use reckless attacks with dexterity.

Reckless attacks is not wild swinging, its the opposite. Its careful thought to land your blows perfectly, the draw back is that by aiming this way your defences take a turn for the worse and as such, you have advantage and give advantage.
Or as we say in Fantasy grounds: ADVATK; GRANTADVATK; [SELF]

Stv
June 16th, 2020, 23:56
Nice to hear it works in Unity, as I've never tested it on that platform :D

Thanks for the positive news Gissur.

Cheers, Steve.

Teraxe
November 2nd, 2020, 05:19
This worked better before the most recent patch. Since the most recent patch this extension prevents 5E - Theogeek's Natural 20 extension from working in FGU.

Stv
November 2nd, 2020, 19:48
I'm assuming this is in FGU?
I don't use the nat 20 extension myself, but I'll try to have a look into it this week/weekend.

Cheers, Steve.

Teraxe
November 3rd, 2020, 00:49
I'm assuming this is in FGU?
I don't use the nat 20 extension myself, but I'll try to have a look into it this week/weekend.

Cheers, Steve.

Thanks, Any help is appreciated. The NAT20 extension applies effects that only trigger on a NAT20, like sword of sharpness bonus damage. Up until recently it worked with Elven Accuracy, it no longer does now.

Thanks Again.

TheoGeek
November 5th, 2020, 03:43
Thanks, Any help is appreciated. The NAT20 extension applies effects that only trigger on a NAT20, like sword of sharpness bonus damage. Up until recently it worked with Elven Accuracy, it no longer does now.

Thanks Again.

I PMd Steve...I think I figured it out.

Teraxe
November 5th, 2020, 06:24
I PMd Steve...I think I figured it out.

Thanks, I really appreciate all the hard work all of you guys do by putting these together.

Stv
November 5th, 2020, 19:36
TheoGeek has found the issue, ofc, it's in my extension :P
I should get the fix posted this weekend.

Thanks Teraxe for pointing out the problem, and also to TheoGeek for his solution.

Cheers, Steve.

Stv
November 8th, 2020, 10:02
This should make the extension play nicely with others.

Thank you TheoGeek for your assistance with the revision.

Cheers, Steve.

Roach
December 7th, 2020, 11:35
Something odd:
New campaign table, only Elven Accuracy loaded. Character has an effect ADVCHK: strength; (Giant's Might from Rune Knight). Tabaxi.

When I do a Strength check from the char sheet, FG rolls two dice and says in the chat it dropped the lower one. but in the roll eval it says "2d20", not "g20" and chooses one of the dice, not always the lower one...

€dit nvm, I found a second copy of the .ext, hiding under another name, that still was from may, IIRC

Roach
December 7th, 2020, 11:36
double post removed

Stv
December 7th, 2020, 18:06
Is everything working ok then Roach, or do I need to investigate ?

Cheers, Steve.

Roach
December 8th, 2020, 12:49
Everything is good

bobbyp31
January 9th, 2021, 03:57
Hi Stv

I've dropped the ext into the ext folder but I'm having trouble getting it going. I'm running critically awesome essentials, mad nomads character sheet tweaks, coin manager, filterable inventory, kents auto flanking ext, theogeeks imprv crit and request roll.

Any help would be appreciated

Cheers

Zacchaeus
January 9th, 2021, 09:29
Have you tested whether it works without all those other extensions? If it does then there's a conflict with one of the other extensions. You'll have to decide then which of the extensions you want more and drop the other one.

Stv
January 9th, 2021, 09:37
Hi Stv

I've dropped the ext into the ext folder but I'm having trouble getting it going. I'm running critically awesome essentials, mad nomads character sheet tweaks, coin manager, filterable inventory, kents auto flanking ext, theogeeks imprv crit and request roll.

Any help would be appreciated

Cheers

Hi Bobby,
1st of all can you make sure you have the latest version of this extension (it's in post #1 of this thread) then as Zacchaeus has mentioned, if you can try and narrow down which other extension is conflicting that would be a great help.
Unfortunately I don't use/have any of the extensions you mention in your post which may make it difficult to figure out the problem. Never say never though :)

Cheers, Steve.

Blakey
April 10th, 2021, 18:10
Hey,

I can't seem to get this to work. I have dropped it int my extensions folder (and restarted). The only other ext I have is a decal one (which I can remove). What effect needs to be on the PC/Combat Tracker to make it fire?

Thanks
Blakey

Bonkon
April 10th, 2021, 19:06
Hey,

I can't seem to get this to work. I have dropped it int my extensions folder (and restarted). The only other ext I have is a decal one (which I can remove). What effect needs to be on the PC/Combat Tracker to make it fire?

Thanks
Blakey

Good Day Blakey :)
I do not think there is an effect shown in the CT. You must make sure the PC has Elven Accuracy in their abilities tab and they attack with advantage. This should roll the third die. I am doing this from memory, so I might be wrong. :)

Blakey
April 10th, 2021, 19:42
Hi,

My PC has Elven Accuracy dropped in as a Feat. When I add an effect that gives ATKADV it only rolls 2 x d20 in the usual way. Same thing if I click the Adv button and roll.

Blakey
April 10th, 2021, 19:45
D'oh! Sorted. I realized the campaign I was testing it on didn't have the Extension selected on the main screen. Having ticked that it works great.

Follow up question: Does the DM have to install and select this extension for it to work or can I enable it as a player some how?

Stv
April 10th, 2021, 19:54
It has to be the DM who installs the extension Blakey. It's the same for any campaign.

Cheers, Steve.

Blakey
April 10th, 2021, 19:58
Thanks Steve. Great extension - cheers for the addon!

Stv
April 10th, 2021, 23:41
Glad you've foung it useful.

Erak
May 27th, 2021, 01:19
Hi stv

I just realized that I am experiencing a extension conflict issue.

When I am using both elven accuracy extension and advantages extension, the elven accuracy stop working.

Could you please verify this problem?

Thanks in advance.

Stv
May 27th, 2021, 20:16
I'll take a look into it when I can, hopefully it's nothing major.

Cheers, Steve.

Stv
May 29th, 2021, 11:48
A quick fix to get this and the Advantages extension to work together is to give the Advantages extension a loadorder above 60.
This will ensure that that the advantages extension script will run before the elven accuracy script.

Cheers, Steve.

Stv
May 29th, 2021, 16:54
Silentruin has kindly added a higher loadorder to his Advantages extension, so this extension and his should now work together.

Cheers, Ste e

Erak
May 29th, 2021, 18:11
Thank you so much. I'm very happy and grateful for your help!!!

Stv
May 29th, 2021, 18:25
No worries, let me know if you have any issues.

Cheers, Steve.

Jaegar
June 3rd, 2021, 02:37
Thanks this awesome!

delgondahntelius
November 14th, 2021, 06:23
Is this going in the forge anytime soon?

Del

Stv
November 14th, 2021, 19:11
Hi @deldgondahntelius,
All the extensions I've written will be going on the forge in the near(ish) future.
I'll post in the relevant threads when I get round to that.

Cheers, Steve.

Stv
January 24th, 2022, 19:50
I've uploaded this to the Forge, link is in post #1

seitoushi
June 6th, 2022, 23:43
Not working anymore? Tried using it today, but it doesn't work, even without any other active extensions.

Stv
June 7th, 2022, 09:38
I just tested this morning, and it's working fine for me.
Can you detail exactly what you are doing i.e. feats on character, weapon used etc. and I can hopefully help you out.

Cheers, Steve.

seitoushi
June 7th, 2022, 15:55
Hi, it was my mistake, I came to review my test and realized that I was doing the test with a sword using STR, so it would never work... lol
It's working and it's beautiful!!! Thank you very much!

Stv
June 7th, 2022, 15:58
Glad you got it sorted out :)

smskeldon
June 15th, 2022, 22:17
Does the DM have to have this downloaded for it to work or can I be the only one with it as a player?

jrowsey1
June 16th, 2022, 01:10
All extensions have to be loaded by the DM. It's their table so they are the ones that need the extension loaded.

smskeldon
June 16th, 2022, 03:58
All extensions have to be loaded by the DM. It's their table so they are the ones that need the extension loaded.

Thank you

Stv
June 16th, 2022, 20:21

Yup what Jrowsey1 said.
Hope your DM lets you use it :)

Cheers, Steve.

frozzzt
November 4th, 2022, 03:33
Thanks for this extension! I didn't knew that existed!

Spelledarkonto
September 28th, 2023, 15:33
Hi, Great extension! However it doesn't work with thrown weapons. Is that just an oversight or do I have an old extension? :)

Stv
September 28th, 2023, 18:50
Hi Pelledarkanto,
This is working for me.
Make sure that the attack is based on Int, Wis, Cha or Dex, as attack rolls using Str don't qualify for Elven Accuracy.

Cheers, Steve.

MrDDT
March 27th, 2024, 04:49
STV thanks for your support on this, I did have an ask if you could. Is there a way to make this work for NPCs? Either through an effect coding on them, or using their traits?

Stv
March 27th, 2024, 20:53
I'll take a look, don't think it should be that difficult. (Famous last words:P ). I may be able to free some time in the next few days.

Cheers, Steve.