PDA

View Full Version : TTRPG Safety Toolkit Extension

mattekure
February 29th, 2020, 17:03
Now Available on the Fantasy Grounds Forge: https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/66/view

Having issues, its been taken down from the forge until I get a chance to fix it.

This extension is designed for those who want to make use of the tools/techniques detailed in the TTRPG Safety Toolkit within Fantasy Grounds.

For more information on the TTRPG safety toolkit, the original PDF is available here: TTRPG Safety Toolkit (https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/114jRmhzBpdqkAlhmveis0nmW73qkAZCj)

This extension implements the X, N and O cards in a way that allows a player to anonymously indicate to the GM. When the player clicks on one of the cards, it opens a window on the GM's screen showing the card clicked. The GM can then click on the card to acknowledge the card. When the GM acknowledges a card, a message is sent to chat indicating which card was acknowledged.

This extension should be compatible with all Corerpg based rulesets.

Screenshots
GM Side (Player clicked on the red X card)

Player side when GM acknowledged

v1.2 - added compatibility for BetterMenu extension
v1.1 - compatibility fix for FG Unity. Added a chat acknowledgement for O card submissions. Display message in the form of "O card submitted by X of Y players connected".

Zacchaeus
February 29th, 2020, 17:21
Well done

Talyn
February 29th, 2020, 19:46
Thanks for this Matt! Question (I'm at work for a few more days so I can't play with this) that immediately popped into my head though: what if someone is "X Card" -ing the GM? If the GM gets veto power and denies the card, no one else sees it and the GM has just blown the issue over, potentially further compounding the issue.

Also, is there flood protection so people can't just spam it?

mattekure
February 29th, 2020, 19:55
Thanks for this Matt! Question (I'm at work for a few more days so I can't play with this) that immediately popped into my head though: what if someone is "X Card" -ing the GM? If the GM gets veto power and denies the card, no one else sees it and the GM has just blown the issue over, potentially further compounding the issue.

Also, is there flood protection so people can't just spam it?

Hmm, a lot of those issues depend on communication between the GM and players. If the GM is just vetoing the cards, why would they bother using the system? And why would players continue in a game where their concerns are being ignored.

I suppose I could put in chat notification that a card was submitted, so all other players would know that a card was submitted. Again, it would be anonymous as to who clicked the card. Would that be a good addition to implement? It seems like a chat notification on submission could lead to spamming the chat which would annoy everyone. The GM acknowledgement only happens once per card, no matter how many people have clicked the card.

For flood protection, I tried to keep the window small to be as unobtrusive as possible while still being visible. Clicking multiple times on a card before its acknowledged doesn't do anything. If a player clicks on an X card 20 times in a row, it only shows one window on the DM side, its does not create a new window for each click. Basically for the DM each card is either activated or not. They get turned off once the DM acknowledges them.

mattekure
February 29th, 2020, 21:56
I got a request for an addition I will begin working on. The idea is to add a sort of survey of trigger items. So the DM would prepare a list of potential trigger items, the players would each respond like a questionaire and check the ones they are sensitive to. The DM would see which items were checked. I'm working out just how to implement it.

Fear Grounds
March 20th, 2020, 00:42
I really want to be able to use this in my Vampire the Masquerade games. Will this work? I have the ultimate version of FG classic.

mattekure
March 20th, 2020, 00:44
I really want to be able to use this in my Vampire the Masquerade games. Will this work? I have the ultimate version of FG classic.

It should work just fine. I havent had a chance to test it, I dont own the VtM ruleset, but it doesnt interfere with any part of the ruleset code, so it should be safe.

Fear Grounds
March 20th, 2020, 00:47
That's great news. Now can you tell me how to add it to my game? Sorry I'm new to this.

mattekure
March 20th, 2020, 00:49
In the first post, there is the extension attached. Download the extension file and put it in your fantasy grounds data folder, inside the extensions directory. On the screen where you load your campaign, you should see a list of extensions you can enable. Just make sure the Safety Toolkit extension is checked then start your campaign.

Fear Grounds
March 20th, 2020, 00:57
I've got the file. When i go to the fantasy grounds data folder there is no extension directory listed32301

Nevermind. its in a different place entirely. LOL

And yes it does work in Vampire the Masquerade.

mattekure
March 20th, 2020, 00:59
I've got the file. When i go to the fantasy grounds data folder there is no extension directory listed32301

That is the install directory, not the data folder. To find the data folder, launch fantasy grounds, and at the launcher screen, look for a folder button in the top right corner. click on that button to open the data folder where the extensions directory will be.

Minty23185Fresh
March 21st, 2020, 21:48
I started this storm and you picked up the pieces. Great work. Thank you.

mattekure
March 21st, 2020, 22:03
I started this storm and you picked up the pieces. Great work. Thank you.

:)

I wasnt aware of a storm. One of the community members reached out to me to inquire about building this, and so I did. Hopefully people that want/need it find it useful.

Rrok007
April 22nd, 2020, 03:43
Is this compatible with FGU 4.0.0?

I'm getting an error when the game loads

[4/21/2020 10:42:50 PM] FGU v4.0.0 ULTIMATE (2020-04-17)
[4/21/2020 10:42:50 PM] Launcher scene starting.
[4/21/2020 10:43:07 PM] Starting private server mode. [(172.17.66.241:1802) (fe80::e0c3:f3eb:76fa:a4fd:1802)]
[4/21/2020 10:43:07 PM] Game server started. [172.17.66.241:1802]
[4/21/2020 10:43:07 PM] Launcher scene exiting.
[4/21/2020 10:43:08 PM] Tabletop scene starting.
[4/21/2020 10:43:18 PM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] font: Missing file (graphics/fonts/Open_Sans/OpenSans-Bold.ttf) for font (safetytoolkitfont). [Safety Toolkit] [graphics/graphics_fonts.xml]

mattekure
April 22nd, 2020, 03:45
I'll take a look. I know Unity has been changing things with fonts, so I'll see what I can do with the current state.

mrgrey
April 22nd, 2020, 16:46
Is there a way to tell if multiple people are tapping a given card? I mean, obviously for X or N, you only really need to know that at least one person is, but for O, you kinda need to know if there's at least one person not tapping...

mattekure
April 22nd, 2020, 16:50
Is there a way to tell if multiple people are tapping a given card? I mean, obviously for X or N, you only really need to know that at least one person is, but for O, you kinda need to know if there's at least one person not tapping...

Hmm, thats a good point. I'll have to think on it. The O card really isnt intended to be used anonymously. The PDF describes players typing 'O' in the chat or being asked out loud. let me see, I might be able to trigger it so a chat message is sent for each 'O' card but not the others.

mattekure
April 22nd, 2020, 17:49
Thanks to everyone for all the reports and suggestions. V1.1 was updated on the first post.

This version fixes the font error with Unity.

I also added a message when an O card is clicked with the number of users who click it and the total number of players. So the message looks like "O card submitted by X of Y players connected". No names are ever displayed and the counter of submissions is reset whenever the GM acknowledges the O card.

mattekure
May 24th, 2020, 00:55
v1.2 updated. add compatiblity with BetterMenu extension

viviolay
May 31st, 2020, 06:47
v1.2 updated. add compatiblity with BetterMenu extension

Thank you. I find your extension invaluable as well as Better Menus and am glad I can use both.

Lensman
June 14th, 2020, 19:31
I got a request for an addition I will begin working on. The idea is to add a sort of survey of trigger items. So the DM would prepare a list of potential trigger items, the players would each respond like a questionaire and check the ones they are sensitive to. The DM would see which items were checked. I'm working out just how to implement it.

Has there been any progress with this addition?

mattekure
June 14th, 2020, 22:14
not yet. I have been working on another extension so this will be my next project after its done.

HywelPhillips
June 18th, 2020, 17:10
This is excellent, thank you.

I'd seriously suggest SmiteWorks consider integrating it into the core functionality of FG, actually.

Cheers, Hywel

mattekure
June 30th, 2020, 23:35
For those who use this extension, I have begun development on some enhancements. I have fixed a few little bugs and I am adding a new record type to implement a RPG Consent Checklist. I learned a lot about how to do this sort of list thing in my Shops extension, so hopefully it will go smoothly.

WishX
August 11th, 2020, 02:03
I was thinking of creating this as just links and text so people could easily read up on all the sections from the PDF, but inside FG, but this is much better in that it actually, you know, *functions*. :)
Well done.

BlueTressym
November 16th, 2020, 14:15
Thank you for creating this.

SirMotte
May 13th, 2021, 15:47
I've added support to this extension with my theme with the upcoming V 2.6.

dbachen
December 19th, 2021, 15:13
The latest update to FGU with the changes to the sidebar seems to have broken this.. The icon doesn't show up in the top right properly anymore, so there is no user ui available.

mattekure
December 19th, 2021, 15:13
The latest update to FGU with the changes to the sidebar seems to have broken this.. The icon doesn't show up in the top right properly anymore, so there is no user ui available.

Yes, I am aware. I am working on an update.

mattekure
December 19th, 2021, 18:24
v1.6 has been pushed, it should work now with the latest Unity push.

RexCelestis
January 29th, 2022, 17:37
I can't say I'm having any luck with this tool after the latest update. This is what I see when I bring it up in game:

mattekure
January 29th, 2022, 18:33
I can't say I'm having any luck with this tool after the latest update. This is what I see when I bring it up in game:

That is as expected. You are looking at the GM view when no player has submitted a card. When a player joins and submits a card, it appears for the GM. The GM then clicks the card to acknowledge it.

https://i.imgur.com/ZZPZQbZ.png

Jiminimonka
January 29th, 2022, 18:35

Thats what you are meant to see as the GM. The players are the ones that get options X N O, and when they click you get an appropriate warning.

RexCelestis
January 29th, 2022, 19:08
Thank you so much. This such a valuable tool and I appreciate these efforts.

Roach
May 28th, 2022, 09:43
The button in the "Tools" in FG is unfortunately the default button, and I get several identical buttons. See the bottom row here - it's always guessing which is the correct button.

In SirMotte's Hearth skin, the ext had an individual icon, like a horizontal ("japanese") traffic light Would it be possible to get a unique button? (I just saw in the Forge Listing it is displayed with a unique button there. Was the button disconiinued?)

mattekure
May 28th, 2022, 16:55
The button in the "Tools" in FG is unfortunately the default button, and I get several identical buttons. See the bottom row here - it's always guessing which is the correct button.

In SirMotte's Hearth skin, the ext had an individual icon, like a horizontal ("japanese") traffic light Would it be possible to get a unique button? (I just saw in the Forge Listing it is displayed with a unique button there. Was the button disconiinued?)

I just pushed a new version with an updated sidebar image. It should automatically work with any theme now.

Naurthoron
December 20th, 2023, 13:54
I face a bug upon loading FGU with current version 4.4.9:

[12/20/2023 2:48:04 PM] [ERROR] Script execution error: [string "Safety Toolkit:scripts/SafetyToolkit.lua"]:18: attempt to call field 'registerSidebarStackButton' (a nil value)

mattekure
December 20th, 2023, 14:22
I face a bug upon loading FGU with current version 4.4.9:

[12/20/2023 2:48:04 PM] [ERROR] Script execution error: [string "Safety Toolkit:scripts/SafetyToolkit.lua"]:18: attempt to call field 'registerSidebarStackButton' (a nil value)

Thanks for the report. I'll get it fixed, but it will have to wait until next week. I am travelling and unable to make the changes currently.

celebrindal
December 28th, 2023, 19:52
+1 same error

mattekure
December 30th, 2023, 19:47
I just pushed an update to this. I updated all of the UI using the new theming methods, so hopefully it will look ok on various themes.

Naurthoron
January 1st, 2024, 14:05
Still exact same error message, trying various Rulesets with our without custom Theme.

mattekure
January 1st, 2024, 14:06
Still exact same error message, trying various Rulesets with our without custom Theme.

go into your extensions folder and make sure to delete any old copies. it seems likely you have an older copy of the ext, perhaps with a slightly different name.

Naurthoron
January 1st, 2024, 15:33
go into your extensions folder and make sure to delete any old copies. it seems likely you have an older copy of the ext, perhaps with a slightly different name.

You are correct indeed, I had the right version but the forge update did not get rid of the former extension file.
Thank you!