PDA

View Full Version : Dice Color Changer Extension

mattekure
February 28th, 2020, 17:42
This extension is deprecated and no longer needed. The recently released patch has a significantly improved dice color changer

This is a simple extension which adds a few more controls for setting your dice color.

You now have the option of setting the RGB components individually using 0-255 notation, or by entering a Hex #. I also added a randomize button so that you can generate a random dice color.

To use, just type in the value and hit enter, it will apply whatever value you put in.

This extension should be compatible with any ruleset based on CoreRPG. Its been tested in CoreRPG, Morecore, 5e, PF, PF2, SF, Savage Worlds, 2e, CoC

I added a light version where the label text is white for rulesets that have dark backgrounds.

tahl_liadon
February 29th, 2020, 13:51
cool. thx!

Blackfoot
February 29th, 2020, 22:11
The extension is cool but the close button doesn't seem to be working properly... it is displaying under the red dots and can't be clicked on.

mattekure
February 29th, 2020, 22:12
The extension is cool but the close button doesn't seem to be working properly... it is displaying under the red dots and can't be clicked on.

What ruleset are you using? can you take a screenshot? What other extensions do you have loaded?

Blackfoot
March 1st, 2020, 00:36
Seems to be a conflict with something in the DOE Base Extension.
Loads fine without it.. with it.. not so much.

mattekure
March 1st, 2020, 00:43
Yeah, thats because DOE Base also edits the color picker. DOE Base adds the ability to set your color using a hex code field. Since we are both trying to edit the same code, there will be conflicts.

ThingsCouldGetDicey
April 23rd, 2020, 03:25
is there anyone making a metallic looking die?

mattekure
April 23rd, 2020, 12:21
There isnt any way currently in FG. Right now the only capabilities built in are to change the color used using the RGB hex notation, and whether the text is white/black.

vvZODvv
April 23rd, 2020, 15:44
Excellent! It is a useful addition. Thanks!

bchaddock
May 22nd, 2020, 08:36
I like it. But is there a way to change the color of the numbers to something other than white and black?

mattekure
May 22nd, 2020, 11:39
No. That’s a limitation imposed by FG.

TheMadPhoenix
September 1st, 2020, 04:30
Does this extension work with Unity?

mattekure
September 1st, 2020, 10:50

Yes

Boldtaar
December 13th, 2020, 14:19

Problem reading the text when font color is same as background.

Tested in FGU - Traveller ruleset

mattekure
December 13th, 2020, 17:45

Problem reading the text when font color is same as background.

Tested in FGU - Traveller ruleset

I dont have that ruleset, so i cant test it. I attached a light version on the first post which sets the font text to white, hopefully that will be more visible.

Calisto
December 31st, 2020, 20:23
mattekure - a quick thank you, I'm also using the Traveller ruleset the light version works as the text is now visible. Thanks for releasing this version.

Gothstaff
February 13th, 2021, 23:40
Love it! thanks for sharing

Jiminimonka
February 17th, 2021, 15:55

It's no longer needed, this functionality is part of the base FGU system now. But it did work, perfectly.

DeDiceManCometh
April 29th, 2021, 00:25
This. I tried to put a suggestion on that idea site they use, but my browser doesn't play well with that site. If anyone can get past the captcha on that site and post the suggestion, it'd be very appreciated.

Zarestia
April 29th, 2021, 00:54
This. I tried to put a suggestion on that idea site they use, but my browser doesn't play well with that site. If anyone can get past the captcha on that site and post the suggestion, it'd be very appreciated.

?
You can change the dice color natively in Fantasy Grounds Unity. Click the color palette in the upper right-hand corner.

DeDiceManCometh
April 29th, 2021, 01:07
The numbers can be a color other than black or white?! How do you do that?

Moon Wizard
April 29th, 2021, 01:15
No, numbers can only be black or white. We have future plans for dice customization; but nothing we're currently working on.

Regards,
JPG