PDA

View Full Version : D20 ruleset in French

aikam
December 13th, 2006, 11:19
Is there a D20 ruleset in French available somewhere?
Most of my players feel embarassed with their english and before going through the long process of FG D20 ruleset translation, I am wondering wether someone has done it before.

richvalle
December 13th, 2006, 14:25
Do you really need it? If everyone in the game speaks French you can just play in French. Do you really need to look up rules and such inside FG?

I guess some icons would have English names but it should be that hard to figure out what is what.

rv

aikam
December 14th, 2006, 06:49
I agree with you , but as I said "some" of my players (the younguest actually) have real problems with english.
Some have a very poor english and others who fully know the french D20 rules don't want to go through the "guess what this in english stands for in french" process.
They will not give FG a chance just because it is in english unless I translate the charsheet, spells, skills...etc.

browsing and translating XML files and frames is not very complicated but it will take time.
So if there is a ruleset already available, even a commercial one (I don't mind buying it), I will realy appreciate it.

Ilwan
December 14th, 2006, 10:11
Iīve been wondering about the OGL in other languages as well. I believe, that before WOTC release a SRD in german/french (largest market after english speaking coountries), nobody is actually allowed to use it. Thatīs what I guess at least. Somebody who knows anything about this (not concerning FG, but the SRD in general)?

Guillaume
January 14th, 2007, 19:46
Actually, Spellbooks, the editors of the French version of D&D have published a French SRD. You can find it at https://www.asmodee.com/jeux-de-roles/dungeons---dragons/telechargements/index.htm
The DRS files haven't been updated in a while, but they will do the trick for French players.

Ricboy
April 19th, 2007, 02:10
Are you from Quebec? If so I'm looking for a game to join and also for players for my own campaingn...

kalmarjan
April 19th, 2007, 03:02
Also, having an english person in your campaign who can "speak" french would help out your younger players. Would be a good experience for both. I have always wondered how a lot of the terms for D&D would translate into french, it is not really something that is taught in my school. LOL

Sandeman

Ricboy
April 19th, 2007, 04:14
Do you DM a campaign also?