PDA

View Full Version : Question that needs answering please!

daddystabz
December 12th, 2006, 16:29
I am an OLD school D&D and RPG vet that has been out of the hobby for a few years now. I have been playing mostly miniature games lately. I am now getting the itch to get back into the swing of RPG gaming and started looking for a good game/setting to get into. I just went out and bought the Conan RPG by Mongoose Publishing and am trying to get a group together locally to start a weekly play group but I'm having difficulty finding others.

I know that the new Conan game uses the D20 system but with some modifications. I also saw that Klooge has files out that support the Conan RPG. Is there any current support for Conan by Mongoose in the Fantasy Grounds software? This is my main concern before purchasing, along with my concern of finding other players over the net.

richvalle
December 12th, 2006, 18:30
Howdy and welcome.

As you say, FG by default is built for playing D20 games in general and DnD in particular.

I'm not sure of what changes Conan makes to d20 that would warent making changes to FG. The only major issue (I think) would be changes to the character sheet. If you download the demo you should get a good idea if it will work for your game or not.

If not, if you are handy with XML and grafics programs you can change the sheet to anything you want.

That being said... you might be better off going with a program that has direct support for the game you want to play. The only real reason for going with FG is if you really like the program better then Klooge and are willing to get it to work with you.

I don't hang around the Guild Hall to know if there is support for this game or not. I don't THINK you would have a hard time getting a group together to play this or anything else. The main issue is usually what day/time zone the games are run in.

Good luck!

rv

Stuart
December 12th, 2006, 18:51
I know that the new Conan game uses the D20 system but with some modifications. I also saw that Klooge has files out that support the Conan RPG. Is there any current support for Conan by Mongoose in the Fantasy Grounds software? This is my main concern before purchasing, along with my concern of finding other players over the net.

Sigh ...:cry:

I tried to pitch this to Mongoose Publishing and failed; at present there are no plans for a licensed Conan FG conversion, however ... I live in hope as I have many of the supplements and like the setting.

In actual fact, all that is really needed to run Conan via FG is a character sheet modification and I have started (slowly) looking at this BUT FG II and other related projects have put this on far distant "back-burner".

If you manage to get a group going, please let me know !